Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Showtime and Pop; Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Talk Hit Sitcoms
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: NBC and CBS Includes The Rock Comedy at NBC and The Price Is Right at Night on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 13, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-03-2013, 11:01 AM   #361
crochetbuff
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Remember how excited we all were back in April when the bodies were discovered and we thought this horrible, corrupt family was FINALLY going to get what they deserve?

I was patient. I knew that justice couldn't be served overnight. But now almost 8 months have passed and Wendy's family is now publicly revealing their frustration over no arrests. This is not a good sign.

It's truly amazing how a family with such a long history of criminal activity and plain cruelty cannot be arrested for murder (twice now) even when they are the only suspects. Beverly and Chad. There aren't enough negative words in the world to truly describe how awful they are. The fact that they still have their freedom is sickening.
Maybe the State Police/Sheriff Dept. needs to be brought in (if they haven't already been), to takeover/oversee and make sure this case is done right and any small town crap is not going on.
crochetbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:08 AM   #362
crochetbuff
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochetbuff
Maybe the State Police/Sheriff Dept. needs to be brought in (if they haven't already been), to takeover/oversee and make sure this case is done right and any small town crap is not going on.
After seeing the article from Sept. 2013, looks like the OSBI -Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is involved. So it shouldn't be about any corruption in the small town or county they lived in.
crochetbuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 02:13 PM   #363
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by crochetbuff
After seeing the article from Sept. 2013, looks like the OSBI -Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation is involved. So it shouldn't be about any corruption in the small town or county they lived in.
IIRC, the OSBI has been involved in this case for years and actually lied to the family, saying that they were working on it when they were ignoring it.

I'd have to go back over the long threads here and at websleuths to see exactly what Wendy's sister posted, but I'm almost positive the OSBI lied to the family before. I don't have any confidence in them.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 03:07 PM   #364
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I looked up some of the old info posted. There was a tip that all three victims were in a well. Wendy's sister said that OFBI said the well was deep enough to contain bodies, but said that it would be too much trouble to dig it up, so talked Wendy's parents out of searching the well.

Here's a quote from Wendy's sister from a few years back in the same post (#33) of the linked thread:

the OFBI lady who was on our case retired a few years ago has been replaced with a man whos name I wont say, but he isnt even PRETENDING to work on this case

Read more: http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...#ixzz2mRbbp1ro
Old 01-01-2014, 04:42 PM   #365
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

I'm starting to wonder what is up. Upon re watching the news footage I posted the police said they have done all they can and have turned the case over to the district attorney. They did not even positively identify the remains . Hello dental records. Even though the clothes were a dead give away. They also do not know cause of death. And Grover rolled over on them. They can not even bring Beverly and Chad in for questioning? They cops know more than they are saying. Why are these people stone walling?

I finally saw the news footage with Jonathon talking at the beginning and he looks just like his mother Wendy.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2014, 12:19 PM   #366
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

So back when that news footage aired in September 2013, the police said they'd done all they could and handed the case over to the DA's office.

Does the District Attorney feel there is enough evidence to go forward with a prosecution? If so, when does he plan on moving this case along. If not, why not?

As for the IDs and cause of death not yet being determined by the ME's office, that was back in September. Surely, they have it figured out by now. Why isn't anyone reporting on the ME's findings?

And I can give them a hint as to the cause of death: Gunshot wound to the head. Even Wendy's sister stated that all bodies had gunshot wounds to the head. A gun was found in the hole with the bodies. The only purpose for shooting someone in the head after killing them a different way (stabbing, strangling) is to make sure they are definitely dead. So there's a starting point for these clowns and they can work from there.

Whatever the cause of death, it was a triple homicide. It needs to be prosecuted. Sheesh, the idiotic officials in Oklahoma couldn't get more obvious in their incompetence and massive corruption. I would love to see a national program get a hold of this story and publicly uncover all the crap the Oklahoma officials have been involved with in every case they deliberately let the Noe's get away with, including murdering a child. It goes all the way from the small town cops to the OSBI. Is there any legal entity in the entire state that can do their jobs?
Old 01-20-2014, 06:30 AM   #367
Wire
Occasional Poster

Oklahoma medical examiner confirms identities of three missing since 1992

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-medical-e...rticle/3924327
Wire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 11:38 AM   #368
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wire
Oklahoma medical examiner confirms identities of three missing since 1992

http://newsok.com/oklahoma-medical-e...rticle/3924327
Is it normal to take ten months to positively identify the remains of three dead bodies? I doubt it. Wonder what the holdup was.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2014, 12:24 PM   #369
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Is it normal to take ten months to positively identify the remains of three dead bodies? I doubt it. Wonder what the holdup was.
Corruption, corruption, corruption. And incompetence.

I am so sick of reading about cases from this state where everything is so obvious and the officials dawdle around and accomplish nothing.

I swear, someone could leave a murdered body on the doorstep of OSBI's office, with a signed confession, ID of the perp and victim, plus the murder weapon, fingerprint card, DNA, and high def video of the crime in progress, and these idiots would still be chasing their tails and incapable of closing the case.

How can these officials not be humiliated by how incompetent, unprofessional, self important, and stupid they all appear to anyone in the public who has followed their miserable efforts at "investigating" crimes?
Old 01-20-2014, 02:35 PM   #370
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

Oh my gosh I was reading the comments under an article about the police searching the area further for more evidence. In the comments section a relative of the Noe family was saying she believe the family was guilty. And a neighbor asked about the story of Ida shooting a man in her back yard. The family member said that was her husband and he was hung and had his privates cut off and Ida was never convicted for it. Say what? This family gets crazier by the minute.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 11:19 AM   #371
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

There are all kinds of claims about this family's multi-generational lifetime of crime. Some of them are known to be true and others are rumors.

A violently murdered husband in 1980, pimping (including underage girls), drug dealing, arson, statutory rape, murdering Wendy and her family, and who knows what else...
Old 01-21-2014, 12:20 PM   #372
UMFaninMD
I am Sherlocked

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
There are all kinds of claims about this family's multi-generational lifetime of crime. Some of them are known to be true and others are rumors.

A violently murdered husband in 1980, pimping (including underage girls), drug dealing, arson, statutory rape, murdering Wendy and her family, and who knows what else...
And I wonder if this history of crime has law enforcement extremely intimidated and that's why the investigation never proceeded as it should.
UMFaninMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 12:54 PM   #373
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMFaninMD
And I wonder if this history of crime has law enforcement extremely intimidated and that's why the investigation never proceeded as it should.
If the stories about Beverly having an affair with a cop are true, I'd say law enforcement wasn't intimidated, they were involved. I believe the local cops took bribes to look the other way. I have nothing to back that up, jmo.

And the OSBI's failures are well known in OK. They are a laughing stock among locals I've seen discussing them online, and it's not just because of this case. I don't think these killers were intimidating enough to scare off the OSBI. The OSBI is nearly useless, all on their own, even without the help of Noes.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:21 PM   #374
atomicfizz
Forum Regular

Wow have I been out of the loop! I feel like I should stay away from this board for a while again because each time I do something big pops up. I had no idea until early this morning that these 3 had been found. I am so glad. Now get those crazy Noe/Pruitts. I am stunned that they haven't moved on this yet. And still no information about the weapons found in the grave? Come on! That last report says autopsy is not complete and they don't know the cause of death. Im not seeing gunshots in the skulls. The only holes I see are on the adults and they are in the lower back of the skull which could be where the spine goes into the head. It'd be a weird way to shoot people. I was amazed by that picture of the skeletal remains.

I did find it amusing that the guys name is Grover Junior Pruitt, Jr.

I'm watching the UM segment now, for old times sake. Just got to see good old Chad one more time. I wish we would get a recent picture of that charmer!
atomicfizz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #375
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I went back through this thread to get some info. I'll post some of the highlights of the discussions here, so they are all in one place. If I quote someone's post, I may paraphrase for length, clarity, etc. For example, I always say "Wendy's sister" and usually say "Wendy's husband". (I just do it so their names won't have a zillion google results if someone does a search for them.)

I'm also going to try to go back through the other discussions here and see if I can get actual source info on the Noe family's crimes. Here's the highlights from this thread:

*The bodies were found on land owned by Ida Prewitt/Pruitt, she sold it in 2000. Previously, the land had been owned by Grover Prewitt/Pruitt. It was originally a total of 40 acres, but Grover sold 5 acres to his mother. It was on Ida's 5 acres where the victims had been buried.

*From a news article linked upthread: Ida Prewitt, 82, died in 2011, after she and Beverly Noe served prison time for felony arson and conspiracy. In 2006, they were convicted of intentionally setting fire to their Bristow residence to collect more than $83,000 from an insurance company, Creek County court records show. The 82-year-old Ida was serving a suspended sentence at the time of her death. Beverly Noe is on probation until 2017, DOC records say.

*When trying to keep Jonathan away from Wendy, the Noes made claims against Wendy's husband, saying that he sexually molested Jonathan, which was proven to be false. Wendy was legally permitted to visit with her son (Chad had custody) and the family would frequently not show up for planned visits, move, change their phone number, etc, and do everything possible to keep Wendy from seeing her son.

*Hambone said this in post #116: In the web sleuths forum, Wendy's sister says that "they are all claiming Ida was the triggerman" since she is dead. I wonder who "they" is? Chad and Beverly? The Police?

*Back in early May, Wendy's sister posted manner of death on her FB, so she knew their cause of death way back then. In later news articles, referred to below, cause of death is also listed. I don't know why there's this more recent info that says the officials don't know the cause of death.

*A lot of the news articles linked in this thread are gone now and comments sections have been disabled for others. Dynoguy88, in post #144, mentioned that Wendy's sister made a comment on news story that she could see the bullet holes in the backs of the victims head and sides of their necks.

*In post #214, I said: I've been looking for a news story for verification, but I couldn't find one. I do remember Wendy's sister posting on WS and saying that the victims were restrained (she mentioned rope and tape) and that they were shot. So since she stated that herself, I'm taking it as fact.

*A news article from may 13th reported that they were shot. http://newsok.com/husband-takes-long...rticle/3808861

*I wrote this in post #163: Did anyone post this April 19, 1983 article yet:

John Rausin was murdered in 1980. He was Ida Prewitt's son in law! How do this bunch keep getting away with these crimes with little or no prison time? I think it has to do with OSBI's continued incompetence and Creek County official's stupidity. I've been reading some of Creek County's recent cases and they seem to have problems with railroading innocent people EVEN WHEN THEY KNOW THEY'RE INNOCENT and sending the guilty home with an AttaBoy.

The article states: Ida Prewitt, 54, and her daughter, Deborah Rausin, 33, both of Cleveland, are accused of the June 12, 1980, slaying of Rausin's husband, John Elmer Rausin of Depew. The women were being held at the Creek County Jail in Bristow Wednesday night. They are expected to make an initial appearance in Creek County District Court today, authorities said.

Rausin was attacked in his garage as he was leaving for work in the eastern Oklahoma community of Depew. He was shot twice, stabbed 10 times and his throat was slit. He was found near his car in the garage by a neighbor about 8:30 a.m. Paul Renfrow, a spokesman for the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation, said the women were arrested by OSBI agents, and Pawnee and Creek county sheriff's deputies.

Deborah Johnson, who Grover Prewitt has been recording secretly for the police regarding John Rausin's case, is actually John's widow and Ida's daughter, Deborah Rausin. In the recordings, she says cops asked her about his murder way back when it happened.

*In post #293, dynoguy88 says: I wish there was more information available about the murder of John Rausin. There is nothing online other than a couple short links.

What we do know: He was murdered in 1980, but it was a full three years later, in May 1983, that Ida and her daughter Deborah were arrested and convicted of first degree murder.

How, why and when their convictions were overturned, we don't know. Not even a local news channel mentioned any of these things.

If it took 3 years to build a case, arrest and convict Ida and Deborah of murder, I wonder when and what explanation was given for letting them go.

*Wendy's sister has made comments in other threads that Ida's husband was a powerful figure in the Dixie Mafia

*The knife, gun, and bound victims, all shot, were found in the same hole on the Noe/Pruitt property. Grover (Ida's son and Beverly's brother) was wired up by police and got evidence on tape, although he sabotaged the recordings on purpose, so the evidence wasn't clear.

*In post #258, I wrote: This is the best I can remember from reading about this case over the years. I believe this info is all still available in the forums here and on websleuths:

There were law enforcement officials involved in covering for the Noes for whatever reason. One cop was having an affair with Beverly. One whole town (Shamrock?) had their entire police department shut down and disbanded because they were corrupt from top to bottom.

Law enforcement and maybe one or two of the ppl at OSBI had been lying to the family of the victims, saying they were working on the case when no one was even cracking open the file. IIRC, one OSBI agent repeatedly lied to family, saying they were working on the case but they hadn't touched it.

Part of the reason this case took over 20 years to be solved was directly due to officials not bothering to work on it and even sabotaging it.

*In post #264, mozartpc27 recaps some info known up to the time of that post:

1. About a week before the murders, Ida Pruitt asked her son to dig a hole on some property she owned (Grover Pruitt's testimony).

2. Her son dug that hole (Grover Pruitt's testimony).

3. On the day of the disappearance, after many times refusing requests for visitation, out of the blue, Chad called up Wendy and offered to allow a visit, and even offered to have his mother come out and pick her up and bring her town for the visit (Leon Camp witnessed?)

4. Bev did indeed come out and pick up Wendy. Cynthia and Lisa tag along (Undisputed).

5. Wendy, Cynthia, Lisa, Bev, Ida, Chad, and Jonathan spend the day together (Undisputed).

6. Bev and Ida begin the process of giving Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa a ride back home (Undisputed, also attested by Wendy's phone call back home).

7. Somewhere along the way, Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa are murdered.

8. They are placed in the hole on Ida Pruitt's property.

9. Some time later, Bev calls up her brother Grover and asks him to fill in the hole that he had dug.

*Post 273, JenniferS says this: I was just reading a comment section under one of the articles about this case. Someone posted that Beverly dated their great Uncle and on a dinner date locked him out of the car and shot him. I assume he lived.

*Post #318, flytrapp said: Wendy's sister posted a while ago that her parents walked in on Chad having sex with a teenaged girl IN THE HOSPITAL HALLWAY when he was supposed to be visiting Wendy. The parents came to see Wendy and instead they got to see her husband getting it on with someone else in public. I believe Wendy's sister also said that the incident resulted in a pregnancy for the girl (not sure whether she had the child, kept it, gave it for adoption, had a miscarriage, had an abortion, etc).

*In post #321 I said: I can't quote sources.. too long to dig up all the posts here and elsewhere.... but it has been claimed, and quite believably so IMO, that the Noes were involved with the police. I believe the police were corrupt/incompetent.

IIRC, it was so bad the whole local police force was disbanded.

Beverly was said to be having an affair with one of the cops. And even the Oklahoma FBI people (OSBI?) lied to the family for years about investigating the case and following up on leads when they actually were doing nothing.

IMO, on this latest development, finding the remains, etc, the investigators even bungled that. They put a huge picture out there of the crime scene, seemed to be patting themselves on the back about the great police work that went into solving this missing persons case and flubbed up the whole thing when they wired Grover and sent him in a couple times to get audio taped evidence from the other people directly involved.

*During the initial missing persons investigation, OSBI did a 5 county overhead search by plane and missed a giant, recently filled in hole on the Noe property.