Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Sitcom Line-Ups - A Thing of the Past?; Adult Swim Comedy Returns Feb. 23
The Conners Celebrate Grand Opening of Lanford Lunch Box with Contest; Lifetime Celebrates 30 Years of Original Movies
HBO Max Gets Animated with Royals Comedy; Netflix Announces Premiere Date for Sophia Lillis Comedy
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Hulu - a Comedy with Steve Martin and Martin Short, the Renewal of Dollface
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: More Cable; 26th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards® Winners
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 20, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series


New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-11-2013, 05:35 PM   #346
Oldschooler81
Member
Forum Regular
 
Oldschooler81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2009
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 454
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkispence1989
It's just an awful story to begin with! That Chad would even leave her when she was ill to start with says lots about his character. Well the whole family sound shady. They need to be locked up and LE seem to be in no rush to do so.
Oh yeah, Chad was a smug and cold scumbag even in the segment, to say the least. Even *before* all this, he was a horrible boyfriend to Wendy in the first place. Ida was just a horrible, grouchy old bag too.

It's pretty obvious that they'd planned to kill Wendy and Cynthia from the get-go (and Leon's sister Lisa, was just unfortunately at the wrong place at the wrong time), which explains their "change of heart" in letting Wendy see Jonathan. It's too bad somebody didn't see through their facade at the time.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:43 PM   #347
nikkispence1989
Podcast and calories
Frequent Poster
 
nikkispence1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 11, 2013
Location: England
Posts: 85
Default

Did the gran pick them up to take them to see Johnathon? Or did they catch a lift down themselves?

I wonder if she intended to murder them on the way there but having 3 to deal with she needed to get them home and talk it over first.

Otherwise it seems even crueler letting johnathon see his mam one last time before they bunked her off. They obviously had a plan to kill them, at least I think they must have as the grave had been dug prior.

If it was just on a whim they decided to kill them I would of though more mistakes would be made. Seems very planned out to me. I don't care if people disagree with me on this but these 3 are clever than most! Coupled with the fact LE seem to not give a crap!
nikkispence1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:54 PM   #348
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikkispence1989
Did the gran pick them up to take them to see Johnathon? Or did they catch a lift down themselves?

I wonder if she intended to murder them on the way there but having 3 to deal with she needed to get them home and talk it over first.

Otherwise it seems even crueler letting johnathon see his mam one last time before they bunked her off. They obviously had a plan to kill them, at least I think they must have as the grave had been dug prior.

If it was just on a whim they decided to kill them I would of though more mistakes would be made. Seems very planned out to me. I don't care if people disagree with me on this but these 3 are clever than most! Coupled with the fact LE seem to not give a crap!
Wendy, Lisa, and Cynthia were picked up. Wendy couldn't drive due to her disability. And it was in strange circumstances because the Noes didn't like Wendy visiting Jonathan, and then all of a sudden they called her up to come out for a visit.

The murder was definitely planned way ahead of time, and I think they were driven out to the prepared site after the visit with Jonathan, so Wendy could check in by phone with her husband Leon, which helped the Noes make up their cover story about dropping them off at walmart on the way home after letting Wendy have a nice long visit with her son.

I don't think they expected so many people to be involved, tho. They probably thought only Wendy and Cynthia would be there, which is bad enough. They had a backhoe dig a very large, deep hole on property they owned, had a cover story as to why they needed such a huge hole, and then used machinery to fill the hole in. Plus they had all the items needed for the murders ready: duct tape, gun, knife, rope...

The only thing I disagree with you on is that "these 3 are clever than most". IMO, they're a bunch of doofuses. They had strong ties (criminal ties because I think the cops were totally corrupt) to the police who overlooked all their crimes. That's how they kept getting away with it. Murdered dead bodies were everywhere around these people, for decades, not just Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa, and police didn't investigate.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:59 PM   #349
nikkispence1989
Podcast and calories
Frequent Poster
 
nikkispence1989's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 11, 2013
Location: England
Posts: 85
Default

They got away with murder for all these years escaping justice. Even with what you say if they corrupted police it's not the work of an idiot. It takes some skill or maybe luck.

I just find it amazing that even with the bodies found they still have not been arrested
nikkispence1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:19 PM   #350
Oldschooler81
Member
Forum Regular
 
Oldschooler81's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2009
Location: Northern CA
Posts: 454
Default

I just wonder how long it'll take for all the corrupt cops from 1992 to retire. A 40 year old then is 61 now. When they do and it's completely new blood on the force, I wonder if maybe some new detective will take a fresh look at examining the case. Maybe some of the cops from back then are in more senior roles with desk jobs now, but still active in the force?

Like I said, it's even sadder in hindsight that nobody suspected anything was up, regarding Chad suddenly relenting and letting Wendy see Jonathan. And that an innocent person along for protection (Lisa) was killed as well. They didn't have anything against her, but probably killed her just so there'd be no witnesses.
Oldschooler81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:07 AM   #351
JenniferS.
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2003
Posts: 359
Default

I found the unsolved mysteries video of this case on you tube. Maybe the cops are just waiting till they have all their ducks in a row. You can only try a person once. You would think there would be a lot of evidence with the remains though.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 12:18 AM   #352
JenniferS.
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2003
Posts: 359
Default

http://www.news9.com/story/23468688/...-old-cold-case


Family Frustrated. I don't blame them. Grover told them who did what and they still have not arrested Beverly and Chad? What the heck?
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 09:40 AM   #353
SheRaaa
Member
Forum Regular
 
SheRaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 30, 2009
Posts: 370
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS.
Family Frustrated. I don't blame them. Grover told them who did what and they still have not arrested Beverly and Chad? What the heck?
That is crazy. WTF?
SheRaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 01:33 PM   #354
dynoguy88
Member
Senior Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 2,951
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS.
http://www.news9.com/story/23468688/...-old-cold-case


Family Frustrated. I don't blame them. Grover told them who did what and they still have not arrested Beverly and Chad? What the heck?
Remember how excited we all were back in April when the bodies were discovered and we thought this horrible, corrupt family was FINALLY going to get what they deserve?

I was patient. I knew that justice couldn't be served overnight. But now almost 8 months have passed and Wendy's family is now publicly revealing their frustration over no arrests. This is not a good sign.

It's truly amazing how a family with such a long history of criminal activity and plain cruelty cannot be arrested for murder (twice now) even when they are the only suspects. Beverly and Chad. There aren't enough negative words in the world to truly describe how awful they are. The fact that they still have their freedom is sickening.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 03:44 PM   #355
JenniferS.
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2003
Posts: 359
Default

I wonder how much more proof they need? You can tell me with the bodies, there belongings . The murder weapons which have bot to have fingers prints or DNA on them? And then Grover telling them what everyone did they can not at least bring these people in?
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 08:30 PM   #356
WishfulDreamer
Member
Senior Member
 
WishfulDreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 01, 2009
Location: L.A.
Posts: 3,322
Default

Beverly at the very least should have been brought in under suspicion of murder. She claimed to have dropped off the three at a WalMart.
1) No one saw them there.
2) The three bodies were found on her family's property.
3) There was a known custody dispute and extremely rocky relationship between Camp and the Noes.


I don't like pointing fingers, but I've always wondered if the Noes had friends in LE...
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2013, 10:07 PM   #357
JenniferS.
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2003
Posts: 359
Default

Chad also should be under suspicion because as far back as the unsolved mysteries segment has admitted to bragging in bars that he knew what happen to them and their bodies would never be found. Chad and Beverly are in this up to their eye balls.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:24 PM   #358
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I don't like pointing fingers, but I've always wondered if the Noes had friends in LE...
I believe they did. I think it was Wendy's sister (can't be positive tho without reading all the threads) who posted here years ago who brought that up.

Beverly was having an affair with a cop. IMO, the Noes paid off cops to look the other way on all their illegal dealings, that's why they got away with so much for over 30 years. I wonder what went wrong back in 2006/07 when Bev and Ida did six months for arson. Maybe the cops couldn't cover that one up, I dunno.

The whole police force in the area was so corrupt they were disbanded. I can't remember if it was the Shamrock police, or if they got the county sheriffs out of office, or who it was, but I remember reading that the whole police force was gotten rid of over rampant corruption.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 01:29 PM   #359
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Senior Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,090
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS.
I found the unsolved mysteries video of this case on you tube. Maybe the cops are just waiting till they have all their ducks in a row. You can only try a person once. You would think there would be a lot of evidence with the remains though.
I've been thinking about this. If the authorities really wanted to convict this family for these murders couldn't they do it like the prosecution did in the Darlie Routier case?

In her case, she was only on trial for killing one of her sons, not both of them. I think it's because killing a child age 6 or under in Texas is a death penalty worthy crime and that's what the prosecutors were going for. (Anyone know if this is correct?)

If Darlie wasn't convicted of murder for the one son, they could always try her later for the murder of the other boy. Can't Oklahoma do this to the Noes?

They have 3 murder victims. If they're worried that they can't get convictions for all three, can't they just try them for the murder of Cynthia, and if that doesn't get them convicted, then try them for Wendy, and then Lisa? Can they do it that way and get around the Double Jeopardy thing?

And Oklahoma is a death penalty state. I wonder what the criteria is there qualify for a DP case. This was a mass murder/kidnapping. At least two felonies were committed at the same time and that usually qualifies for the DP. Also, since they could put the DP on the table, they could use it as a bargaining tool and get some of the cohorts to rat out on the others that they may have less evidence against.

I just don't get why the state seems so Ho Hum, LaDiDa, about the whole thing. A family was murdered horrifically! Including a little girl. So far, all we've seen is a fancy press conference with Atta Boys for all the authorities on what a great job they did in this case. uke:
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 04:16 PM   #360
JenniferS.
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 06, 2003
Posts: 359
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I've been thinking about this. If the authorities really wanted to convict this family for these murders couldn't they do it like the prosecution did in the Darlie Routier case?

In her case, she was only on trial for killing one of her sons, not both of them. I think it's because killing a child age 6 or under in Texas is a death penalty worthy crime and that's what the prosecutors were going for. (Anyone know if this is correct?)

If Darlie wasn't convicted of murder for the one son, they could always try her later for the murder of the other boy. Can't Oklahoma do this to the Noes?

They have 3 murder victims. If they're worried that they can't get convictions for all three, can't they just try them for the murder of Cynthia, and if that doesn't get them convicted, then try them for Wendy, and then Lisa? Can they do it that way and get around the Double Jeopardy thing?

And Oklahoma is a death penalty state. I wonder what the criteria is there qualify for a DP case. This was a mass murder/kidnapping. At least two felonies were committed at the same time and that usually qualifies for the DP. Also, since they could put the DP on the table, they could use it as a bargaining tool and get some of the cohorts to rat out on the others that they may have less evidence against.

I just don't get why the state seems so Ho Hum, LaDiDa, about the whole thing. A family was murdered horrifically! Including a little girl. So far, all we've seen is a fancy press conference with Atta Boys for all the authorities on what a great job they did in this case. uke:

You would think there would be enough evidence with bodys the weapons and all to arrest them family. And with Grover rolling over on them.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:21 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.