Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Punky Brewster Reboot Officially a Go; Freeform Renews Pair of Series
Fri-Yay: Sitcoms in 2020; Peacock Streaming Services Programming Update
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 2 - American Dad! 2 Season Renewal, Tacoma FD Season 2 Premiere Date
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Cable Day 1 - Comedy Central, Amazon, Paramount Network and More!
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: Showtime and Pop; Will Smith & Martin Lawrence Talk Hit Sitcoms
TCA Winter 2020 Press Tour: NBC and CBS Includes The Rock Comedy at NBC and The Price Is Right at Night on CBS
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of January 13, 2020)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (November/December/January)

Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One

11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/18 - The Guest Book - Season Two
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (Blu-ray)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
12/03 - The Simpsons - The Nineteenth Season
12/03 - The Simpsons - Seasons 1-20: Limited Collector's Set
12/06 - 9JKL - The Complete Series
12/10 - Family Guy - Season Seventeen
12/17 - Atlanta - Season 2 - Robbin' Season
12/17 - Fuller House - The Complete Fourth Season
12/17 - Hogan's Heroes - The Complete Series (2019 Release)
12/17 - The Other Two - Season 1
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume One
01/02 - My Three Sons - The Fifth Season - Volume Two
01/14 - Veep - The Final (Seventh) Season (Blu-ray)
01/14 - Veep - The Complete Series (DVD)
01/21 - Hangin' with Mr. Cooper - The Complete Third Season (WBShop.com)
01/21 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Fifth and Final Season
01/28 - Ballers - The Complete Series
01/28 - The Mindy Project - The Complete Series (DVD)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-06-2013, 02:38 PM   #256
ranion
Occasional Poster

Not much here, but it's the first article we've seen in weeks on this:

http://newsok.com/attorney-man-arres...rticle/3842425
ranion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:05 PM   #257
Mysteryphile
I wonder what happened to her.
Forum Regular

I 100% agree with everything Dynoguy said!!! We've all known for years that they were guilty...I'm very worried though that they might worm their way out of trouble again.
Mysteryphile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #258
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloony
Did that family just have law enforcement in their pockets or something? I mean, somebody, somewhere has been getting paid to look the other way.
This is the best I can remember from reading about this case over the years. I believe this info is all still available in the forums here and on websleuths.

There were law enforcement officials involved in covering for the Noes for whatever reason. One cop was having an affair with Beverly. One whole town (Shamrock?) had their entire police department shut down and disbanded because they were corrupt from top to bottom.

Law enforcement and maybe one or two of the ppl at OSBI had been lying to the family of the victims, saying they were working on the case when no one was even cracking open the file. IIRC, one OSBI agent repeatedly lied to family, saying they were working on the case but they hadn't touched it.

Part of the reason this case took over 20 years to be solved was directly due to officials not bothering to work on it and even sabotaging it.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:29 PM   #259
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

This just brings tears to my eyes. I find this just incredibly angering and saddening that family could do this to family. How utterly selfish and cruel of these people that they have no more value for a human life then this. I'm thankfull that a way has been shown for Wendy ,Cynthia, and Renee's loved ones to have a resolution. But their families are also grieving and I feel the hurt and pain this must have waved through to their very souls. I pray they all have peace now.
JenniferS. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #260
lilmissd
Frequent Poster

I too agree with everything Dynoguy said! I just don't see how anyone can be blamed for this individually when there are clearly multiple culprits here. There's just gonna be many rounds of "the blame game" going on and passing the buck as to whom actually did the killing. It was easy to get out of it because there were no bodies before so no one could prove that these 3 were actually dead. It has already started, Beverly Noe in her interview all in all out blamed her mother who is deceased and her brother, and is taking no responsibility for the deaths. I just don't see how you can pin the crime on one person, unless someone sells the other out to save their own skin, which is gonna happen I would bet my last dime on that one! These people are sorry excuses for human beings, and belong in jail, death is too good for them IMO. It's such a shame with all the corruption that went on, that this case was put on the back burner for so long. It should have been solved years ago! Sleep with the angels Wendy, Cynthia and Renee, RIP.
lilmissd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 02:12 PM   #261
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

Anyone think Chad is quaking in his boots about now? I noticed he has not spoken out to the news. I thought I read somewhere that he remarried and had more kids? Wonder what he looks like now? I get the feeling that their are other people involved and will be arrested. I imagine a whole bunch of frerensic evidence being found after the autopsy and all the tests are done. I was reading an article last night about how Jonathon calls his gradnmother momma Beverly. And she refured to Jonathon as her kid. Makes me wonder if thats a reason for this to have been done. She saw Jonathon as her son not Wendy's and wanted her out of the way so she could keep him as such? You think?
Old 06-07-2013, 02:59 PM   #262
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by JenniferS.
I was reading an article last night about how Jonathon calls his gradnmother momma Beverly. And she refured to Jonathon as her kid. Makes me wonder if thats a reason for this to have been done. She saw Jonathon as her son not Wendy's and wanted her out of the way so she could keep him as such? You think?
I think that's exactly the reason.

IIRC, Chad didn't really have anything to do with his son after all this happened. Beverly just wanted to keep Jonathan for herself and was willing to kill to do it. But I sure don't know why.... maybe so she could "win".

None of them ever seemed to be interested in any of the hard work involved in loving, nurturing, and raising children. And from what I read elsewhere, they didn't bother teaching the boy anything from basic life skills to academics or even make him go to school. I wonder if social services ever got involved with them over truancy or anything.
Old 06-07-2013, 04:04 PM   #263
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

That figures. There are grandparents who want to raise their grandkids and will take it to extremes. I'm disapointed I could not get the news video to work. I was curious what Jonathon looks like today as well as Chad.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:13 AM   #264
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

To play devil's advocate for a moment here (almost literally), looking at this from the perspective of a defense attorney for Chad or Bev or both, I'd try to make a list of what the prosecution "knows" (i.e., can show based on current testimony):

1. About a week before the murders, Ida Pruitt asked her son to dig a hole on some property she owned (Grover Pruitt's testimony).

2. Her son dug that hole (Grover Pruitt's testimony).

3. On the day of the disappearance, after many times refusing requests for visitation, out of the blue, Chad called up Wendy and offered to allow a visit, and even offered to have his mother come out and pick her up and bring her town for the visit (Leon Camp witnessed?)

4. Bev did indeed come out and pick up Wendy. Cynthia and Lisa tag along (Undisputed).

5. Wendy, Cynthia, Lisa, Bev, Ida, Chad, and Jonathan spend the day together (Undisputed).

6. Bev and Ida begin the process of giving Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa a ride back home (Undisputed, also attested by Wendy's phone call back home).

7. Somewhere along the way, Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa are murdered.

8. They are placed in the hole on Ida Pruitt's property.

9. Some time later, Bev calls up her brother Grover and asks him to fill in the hole that he had dug.

This is all that the prosecution, so far as we know right now anyway, can "prove." They can prove the three were murdered, and they may even be able to prove how (shot/stabbed), but they can't say who precisely pulled the trigger/did the stabbings based on physical evidence. There is circumstantial evidence: the three are buried on the property of a woman who was one of two to be with them when they were last known to be alive. The hole in which they were buried was dug by a relative of the woman who owned the property, supposedly at her request, and filled in at the request of the woman's daughter.

With Chad, all they know is that he placed a phone call that looks suspicious. It's easy to say that he must have been in on it, because he lured them to their deaths with that phone call (and it certainly does seem that they were lured, if you believe the Pruitt/Noe family is responsible). But aside from that phone call, if no one points the finger at him, you have nothing on him. I don't know that the phone call would be enough to sustain an accessory charge. It's just as easy for his attorney to say that Chad's mother was leaning on him to allow Wendy to visit, and that Chad's mother gave any number of reasons for doing so (i.e., she didn't say, "Chad, call Wendy and tell her to come visit because I want to kill her," she said, "Chad, that boy of yours needs a mother, call Wendy and tell her to visit," or "Chad, it's cruel to keep a mother from her child, tell Wendy to come visit, I'll pick her up even since she can't drive," etc.)

With Bev, the case is a little stronger. She was one of two people to last be with them when they were last known to be alive, and by her own testimony she was the LAST person known to be with them before they were found in that hole. The bodies were found on a property owned by her mother at the time. And, finally, she placed the call to her brother Grover asking him to fill in the hole. That's a lot of circumstances, certainly enough to sustain a search warrant (but what would you be looking for at this point?) , but enough to meet prima facie requirements? I'd say probably YES, but it would depend on the judge.

The one thing hurting Beth is the old testimony of Ida Pruitt. Assuming Ida Pruitt's statements are still admissible, she always claimed to have parted ways with Bev, Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa before Bev et. al. continued on. This forces Bev to claim she dropped them off at the Wal-Mart, which also means she has to claim to have been the last person to be with them all when they were last known to be alive. Ida's story is probably garbage, as is Bev's, but taken at face value what it means is that Bev is in the rather uncomfortable position of having to explain, since by her own testimony she was the last to be with them, how they just coincidentally happened to wind up being buried on her mother's property without Bev being somehow involved.

If Ida had NOT claimed to have bailed on the trip back to Wendy's home prior to Bev continuing on until the Wal-Mart, Bev could now plausibly change her story to be that SHE, rather than her mother, bailed before the trip was over. Then, it would be easy to claim her mother was responsible for the whole thing, and that she had lied about being with them all until the end because she suspected her mother but her mother asked her to lie or whatever.

But as it stands, if Bev sticks to her story, she's got an uncomfortable coincidence that needs explaining, and if she changes her story, she looks like a liar (which she is).
Old 06-09-2013, 10:13 AM   #265
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

One of the things I thought was odd was the story about hole that was dug on Ida's property.

Supposedly, she bought the property off her son Grover and wanted to develop it and move a trailer onto it. She asked Grover to get a hole dug for a septic tank. He contacted a backhoe driver to have the job done.

You don't just dig a random hole and put in a septic tank. You need to know where the house is located. A drain field is also connected to the tank and has to be dug and installed. At least if you're going to do the job right, otherwise you just have a nasty cesspit directly connected to your house.

Ida then changes her mind about having a septic tank purchased, delivered, and installed on her houseless property, and has Grover get the hole filled in.

Who is paying for this? Dig a hole, don't use it for the stated purpose, fill the hole in. You usually have to pay the machinery operator for these services, even if it's just your buddy and you pay him with some beer.

Who was the backhoe driver? Who covered the bodies well enough for the driver not to see them in the hole that he was filling in? Did the same guy dig and fill in the hole? Was this person actually Grover using rented machinery or machinery he owned? IIRC, he mentioned something about never looking in the hole because he was afraid of what he would see. If this was someone who was hired, wasn't he suspicious about filling in a large empty hole that was recently dug? Did the family give this person an excuse to keep him from being suspicious, like they needed the hole for burying a horse or something? Or did the guy just take his pay and not care what weird thing the Noes were up to? Was he paid to stay quiet?

Finally, Ida tells Grover to go spread pepper over the filled in hole to keep the scent dogs from alerting, and he does that too. No house or trailer is ever put on the property during the time it's in the Noe family. Grover definitely knows more than he's saying.
Old 06-09-2013, 12:56 PM   #266
dynoguy88

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
With Chad, all they know is that he placed a phone call that looks suspicious. It's easy to say that he must have been in on it, because he lured them to their deaths with that phone call (and it certainly does seem that they were lured, if you believe the Pruitt/Noe family is responsible). But aside from that phone call, if no one points the finger at him, you have nothing on him. I don't know that the phone call would be enough to sustain an accessory charge.
What about the fact that Chad, as stated on Unsolved Mysteries, boasted to people on different occasions about murdering the three ladies? His pathetic response to that was that he must have confessed to murdering them during one of his drunken escapades.

Since Unsolved Mysteries reported this tidbit, I assume the people that heard Chad's "drunken" confessions must have contacted the police back in the day. Now that the bodies have been found and there's going to be a trial, those people might be called in to testify about what Chad said. And I don't think a jury would buy a, "I must have been drunk and made a false murder confession" defense.

Does that at least help out a little or would Chad's attorney just cough it up to false accusations that can't be proven? He went on national television 20 years ago and made the drunken statement, so he can't deny it never happened.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #267
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Forum Regular

Okay, I just happened to google the case as I've done on occasion over the years and I seriously cried!! I was sooo happy they were FINALLY found!! This was the most memorable case for me on UM and to me it was so obvious who was responsible. I first saw the case when I was 7 or 8 and it just stuck with me. Cynthia is only a year older than me (she would today be 27 years old) and Wendy and Lisa were only in their early-mid 20's. It was just so incredibly tragic and unjust.

It's so interesting to learn of Ida and her other daughter being the prime suspects in her daughters husbands murder in 1980 (he was shot and stabbed to death.) They were even arrested 3 years later. Wow. How these sociopaths got away with all this for so long is beyond me.

Although I believe, Ida, Beverly and Chad were all involved in the plot and the carrying out the murders...Ida seems to be the matriarch of this horrible family. She seemed like pure evil on the UM broadcast. Chad just seemed like an idiot with a low IQ. To me, it wasn't Chad who really wanted full custody from Wendy....It was Ida and Beverly. Chad went along with it because he was clearly raised without morals and I don't think he'd ever cross his mother and grandmother.

I don't think it's coincidental that the "tipster" came forward AFTER Ida died in late 2011. I think extended family members or friends who had knowledge of what they did (like Grover, Ida's son) truly feared Ida and her wrath. I mean how many times had they already gotten away with murder?!.

Ida is already rotting in hell so her punishment has already been served but hopefully Beverly and Chad will be charged with first degree murder charges. In all likelihood, Grover will cop a plea to testify against at least Beverly. That's most likely the reason authorities arrested Grover first, they know it will most likely get him to turn states evidence. (although, his statements already incriminate Ida and Beverly in the murders).

I bet Beverly's M.O is going to be to blame her dead mother for it all since she's dead (thank god)...however, any jury who's got the slightest bit of common sense wouldn't buy it. Ida was in her 60s at the time of the murders and I doubt a jury will believe one old woman could kill 3 people and dispose of all the bodies by herself. Beverly also, by her own statements, puts herself as the last person with Wendy, Cynthia and Lisa. Her statements and time frame never made sense either.

It's so sad how one evil seed (Ida) can spawn and raise her children to be sociopaths and wreck so much havoc and sadness on the lives of so many. I don't doubt for a second that Beverly's sister is well aware that her mother and sister were involved in the triple murders. Just as I'm sure her and Ida killed her husband back in 1980.

Poor Jonathan who is my age (mid 20's) now still lives with Beverly. So I'm sure she destroyed his life or any chance he had at a healthy productive life. Clearly, we've seen the results of being raised by Ida or Beverly. I couldn't imagine being raised by the people who murdered my mother and sister. Chad was never in his life much after the murders. Chad pretty much disappeared I believe. I just couldn't even begin to imagine the damage those evil women did to him while he was growing up. Just so sad.

Anyways, hopefully the families and friends may finally begin to heal after 21 years. I know I was soooo happy for them as this is the start of justice.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:03 PM   #268
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Hi LilMissKryssy! Welcome!
Old 06-09-2013, 09:59 PM   #269
JenniferS.
Forum Regular

I read in one of the articles that the backhoes mwen who filled the hole is not living anymore. I don't see how a person could come out and fill that hole with those people just laying their. That bright red sweat suit would be very noticable. Either the hole filler was in on it or the bodies were covered enough for him just think he was filling in a hole.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:45 PM   #270
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mozartpc27
To play devil's advocate for a moment here (almost literally), looking at this from the perspective of a defense attorney for Chad or Bev or both, I'd try to make a list of what the prosecution "knows" (i.e., can show based on current testimony):

1. About a week before the murders, Ida Pruitt asked her son to dig a hole on some property she owned (Grover Pruitt's testimony).

2. Her son dug that hole (Grover Pruitt's testimony).

3. On the day of the disappearance, after many times refusing requests for visitation, out of the blue, Chad called up Wendy and offered to allow a visit, and even offered to have his mother come out and pick her up and bring her town for the visit (Leon Camp witnessed?)

4. Bev did indeed come out and pick up Wendy. Cynthia and Lisa tag along (Undisputed).

5. Wendy, Cynthia, Lisa, Bev, Ida, Chad, and Jonathan spend the day together (Undisputed).

6. Bev and Ida begin the process of giving Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa a ride back home (Undisputed, also attested by Wendy's phone call back home).

7. Somewhere along the way, Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa are murdered.

8. They are placed in the hole on Ida Pruitt's property.

9. Some time later, Bev calls up her brother Grover and asks him to fill in the hole that he had dug.

This is all that the prosecution, so far as we know right now anyway, can "prove." They can prove the three were murdered, and they may even be able to prove how (shot/stabbed), but they can't say who precisely pulled the trigger/did the stabbings based on physical evidence. There is circumstantial evidence: the three are buried on the property of a woman who was one of two to be with them when they were last known to be alive. The hole in which they were buried was dug by a relative of the woman who owned the property, supposedly at her request, and filled in at the request of the woman's daughter.

With Chad, all they know is that he placed a phone call that looks suspicious. It's easy to say that he must have been in on it, because he lured them to their deaths with that phone call (and it certainly does seem that they were lured, if you believe the Pruitt/Noe family is responsible). But aside from that phone call, if no one points the finger at him, you have nothing on him. I don't know that the phone call would be enough to sustain an accessory charge. It's just as easy for his attorney to say that Chad's mother was leaning on him to allow Wendy to visit, and that Chad's mother gave any number of reasons for doing so (i.e., she didn't say, "Chad, call Wendy and tell her to come visit because I want to kill her," she said, "Chad, that boy of yours needs a mother, call Wendy and tell her to visit," or "Chad, it's cruel to keep a mother from her child, tell Wendy to come visit, I'll pick her up even since she can't drive," etc.)

With Bev, the case is a little stronger. She was one of two people to last be with them when they were last known to be alive, and by her own testimony she was the LAST person known to be with them before they were found in that hole. The bodies were found on a property owned by her mother at the time. And, finally, she placed the call to her brother Grover asking him to fill in the hole. That's a lot of circumstances, certainly enough to sustain a search warrant (but what would you be looking for at this point?) , but enough to meet prima facie requirements? I'd say probably YES, but it would depend on the judge.

The one thing hurting Beth is the old testimony of Ida Pruitt. Assuming Ida Pruitt's statements are still admissible, she always claimed to have parted ways with Bev, Wendy, Cynthia, and Lisa before Bev et. al. continued on. This forces Bev to claim she dropped them off at the Wal-Mart, which also means she has to claim to have been the last person to be with them all when they were last known to be alive. Ida's story is probably garbage, as is Bev's, but taken at face value what it means is that Bev is in the rather uncomfortable position of having to explain, since by her own testimony she was the last to be with them, how they just coincidentally happened to wind up being buried on her mother's property without Bev being somehow involved.

If Ida had NOT claimed to have bailed on the trip back to Wendy's home prior to Bev continuing on until the Wal-Mart, Bev could now plausibly change her story to be that SHE, rather than her mother, bailed before the trip was over. Then, it would be easy to claim her mother was responsible for the whole thing, and that she had lied about being with them all until the end because she suspected her mother but her mother asked her to lie or whatever.

But as it stands, if Bev sticks to her story, she's got an uncomfortable coincidence that needs explaining, and if she changes her story, she looks like a liar (which she is).
I would think that Chad would be the harder one to prosecute, since his mother claims to have driven away from his residence to take the three women home. However, he did claim to kill them in a "drunken stupor", and I'd imagine he would be implicated somehow since he called Lisa out of nowhere to tell her she would be able to see Jonathan. I think Beverly is the most likely one to get hit with murder charges while Chad and Grover will be accessories.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote