Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Frasier links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Frasier Photo Gallery

Frasier - The Complete First Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete First Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Second Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Third Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Third Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Fourth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Fourth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Fifth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Fifth Season on DVD

Frasier - The Complete Sixth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Sixth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Seventh Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Seventh Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Eighth Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Eighth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Ninth Season

Buy Frasier - The Ninth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Tenth Season

Buy Frasier - The Tenth Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Eleventh Season

Buy Frasier - The Complete Eleventh Season on DVD
Frasier - The Complete Series

Buy Frasier - The Complete Series on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > Frasier

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

MeTV Network Acquires Looney Tunes and More Classic Cartoons; Kaley Cuoco HBO Max Series Announces Nov. 26 Premiere
Antenna TV Officially Announces Returns of The Jeffersons and One Day at a Time; Holiday Movie Reunites Family Matters Siblings
Disney+ Says "Simpsons Forever"; TBS Orders 4th Season of The Last O.G.
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 19, 2020)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fried Green Tomatoes Series Starring Reba McEntire in the Works at NBC; Last Man Standing to End After Nine Seasons
Fri-Yay: COVID-19 Storylines on TV, Will Viewers Watch?; Antenna TV's 70 Episode Jack Benny Marathon for 70th Anniversary
Last Man Standing to Conclude After Season 9 in 2021; CBS Announces Fall 2020 Premiere Dates

New on DVD/Blu-ray (July/August/September/October)

Will & Grace - The Revival -Season Three - The Farewell Season Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season Mom - The Complete Seventh Season The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Second Season

07/07 - Will & Grace - The Revival - Season Three - The Farewell Season
07/21 - Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Complete Tenth Season
07/21 - The Thundermans - Season 1 / Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4
07/21 - The Unicorn - Season One
07/28 - The Thundermans - Season 1-4 Bundle
08/04 - Last Man Standing - The Complete Eighth Season
08/04 - The Neighborhood - Season One
08/11 - Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens - Season 1
08/11 - Final Space - The First and Second Seasons (Blu-ray)
09/01 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - Season 14
09/01 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete Second Season
09/01 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Third Season (Blu-ray)
09/15 - Mom - The Complete Seventh Season
09/15 - South Side - Season 1
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Second Season
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Third Season
09/22 - Brockmire - The Complete Fourth Season
09/22 - Man with a Plan - Season Three
09/29 - The Bob Newhart Show - The Complete Series (2020 Release)
10/13 - The Jetsons - The Complete Series (Diamond Collection)
10/13 - Our Cartoon President - Season Two
10/27 - The Flintstones - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
10/27 - Head of the Class - The Complete Second Season (WBShop.com)

More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-11-2001, 05:30 PM   #1
Brett Ferino

Send a message via ICQ to Brett Ferino
Post Post Your Least Fave Character Here!

Who's your least favorite character and why?
Brett Ferino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2002, 04:13 PM   #2
Brian Damage
I'm Rich Bitch
Forum Legend

Location: What Ain't No Country I Ever Heard Of...They Speak English in What?
Send a message via AIM to Brian Damage

I would say either Bulldog or Dr. Mary

Money Doesn't Buy Happiness...But I'd Rather Cry in My Private Jet
Brian Damage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 09:37 PM   #3
Schmoopie
Keep Calm and Love Snoopy
Forum Veteran

By far and away, my LEAST favorite character is Mel. I absolutely loathe her for the way she treated Niles!

September 23, 1961-January 14, 2019

Schmoopie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 01:44 AM   #4
Family Ties Forever!
Forum Veteran

Simon
Old 06-22-2011, 02:23 AM   #5
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Family Ties Forever!
Simon
He's extremely annoying and he's a very close second to Mel!
Old 06-22-2011, 11:41 PM   #6
andress_jade
Sharing the laughter and love.

Send a message via MSN to andress_jade Send a message via Yahoo to andress_jade

I couldn't stand Mel. I don't understand what Niles saw in her, he should have told Daphne sooner how he felt. Don't get me wrong, what Mel did to Niles was deplorable but Niles should have told Daphne how he felt about her sooner. I'm glad that he dropped her like a hot potato. She was a stuck up, pretentious snob and was so rude to everyone.

Simon made me laugh, but he did get on my nerves. I mean his character was a bit over the top and he got old fast.

Noel was a freak. He creeped me out major! I mean the way he was with Roz was just creepy. He stalked her and was always trying to get her to sleep with him. Just a weird little guy.

Daphne's mom got on my nerves a bit at the beginning but after awhile she grew on me and I thought she was funny.

Now Bulldog did bug me at first but the more I saw of him, the more I got into his character. I loved it when he couldn't find something and would get all angry and start throwing things and swearing. He would then find what he was looking for and calm down. It always gets me rolling with laughter.
I love the ep where Bulldog gets Daphne drunk and she embarrasses him and the one where Bulldog and Roz were sleeping together and they couldn't keep their hands off each other, it had me in stitches.
In Memoriam: John Ritter, Hayden Rorke, Sidney Sheldon, Bob Denver, Don Knotts, Andy Griffith, Elizabeth Montgomery, Bea Arthur, Estelle Getty, Rue McClanahan, Farrah Fawcett, Michael Jackson, Whitney Houston, David Angell, Christopher Reeve, Shirley Temple Black, Larry Hagman, Lucille Ball, Patrick Swayze, Robin Williams, Alan Thicke, Mary Tyler Moore, Prince, George Michael, Jim Nabors, John Mahoney, Debbie Reynolds and Carrie Fisher.
andress_jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:17 AM   #7
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by andress_jade
I couldn't stand Mel. I don't understand what Niles saw in her, he should have told Daphne sooner how he felt. Don't get me wrong, what Mel did to Niles was deplorable but Niles should have told Daphne how he felt about her sooner. I'm glad that he dropped her like a hot potato. She was a stuck up, pretentious snob and was so rude to everyone.
I completely agree with your views on Mel. I keep reading on other boards how it was so horrible what Niles 'did to her' by confessing that he was in love with another woman. But I honestly think that their getting married was a spur of the moment thing and as he said in SBSB he would have never gotten married had he known that Daphne shared his feelings. I mean he would have been crazy to miss his chance of being with her after loving her for so long. He probably had no idea that Mel was going to be such a witch about it. She was so full of herself. I mean, who makes their estranged husband attend social functions posing as a happy couple if not to make themselves look good! BTW, the actress who played Mel is in "Father of the Bride Part 2". She plays a very nice doctor, and as many times as I've seen that movie (and love it!), I don't think I can ever watch it again without seeing "Mel" !!!

Quote:
Simon made me laugh, but he did get on my nerves. I mean his character was a bit over the top and he got old fast.
Yeah, Simon is completely annoying. Funny at times but ugh...

Quote:
Noel was a freak. He creeped me out major! I mean the way he was with Roz was just creepy. He stalked her and was always trying to get her to sleep with him. Just a weird little guy.
Completely weird! But I think he's pretty funny. Very creepy, I agree! I love when they're at the Sea Bee Awards and they have that really nice bar set up and he orders root beer! That sounds like something I would do! Oh, probably shouldn't admit that should I?

Quote:
Daphne's mom got on my nerves a bit at the beginning but after awhile she grew on me and I thought she was funny.
I'm the same way with Daphne's mom. I couldn't stand her at first but I did like the episode where Niles and Daphne were trying to make her leave because she was bothering them so much so Niles offers to get her an apartment and help with the rent. I'm about to start watching S11 so hopefully I'll be liking her more and more by the time the series ends!

Quote:
Now Bulldog did bug me at first but the more I saw of him, the more I got into his character. I loved it when he couldn't find something and would get all angry and start throwing things and swearing. He would then find what he was looking for and calm down. It always gets me rolling with laughter.
I love the ep where Bulldog gets Daphne drunk and she embarrasses him and the one where Bulldog and Roz were sleeping together and they couldn't keep their hands off each other, it had me in stitches.
OMG, I LOVE Bulldog! I found him completely annoying at first as well but the more I saw him the more I loved him! I thought he and Roz were just too cute together and I've noticed that as the seasons progressed, he's seen less and less. Saw him just the other day in "A New Position for Roz" and everytime I see him unexpectedly, I get all excited... Kind of like when I see Niles. Fortunately he's in pretty much every episode at least once... which by the way is why I love "Frasier" so much!
Old 06-23-2011, 01:55 AM   #8
andress_jade
Sharing the laughter and love.

Send a message via MSN to andress_jade Send a message via Yahoo to andress_jade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
BTW, the actress who played Mel is in "Father of the Bride Part 2". She plays a very nice doctor, and as many times as I've seen that movie (and love it!), I don't think I can ever watch it again without seeing "Mel" !!!
Oh my God! That is where I remember seeing her! I thought she looked familiar. I loved her character on Father of the Bride but now I have the same feelings you do, I will be reminded of Mel when I watch it now.
andress_jade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 08:35 AM   #9
Leigh Ann

Send a message via AIM to Leigh Ann

Quote:
Originally Posted by Schmoopie
By far and away, my LEAST favorite character is Mel. I absolutely loathe her for the way she treated Niles!
I agree about Mel...So unfair to Niles. And maybe Donny too, for taking Daphne away. I think one of my least favorites is probably Nanny G. She's kind of annoying, hehe. And at first I didn't like Bebe Glaser either, but she kind of grew on me. Same for Simon.

Niles & Daphne =

Precious Memories

Win Free Stuff!!

Gone, but not forgotten:

RIP my grandmother 1926-2013

RIP Joe Conley (Ike Godsey) 1928-2013

RIP Frank Bank (Lumpy Rutherford) 1942-2013

RIP Andy Griffith: 1926-2012

RIP Larry Hagman: 1931-2012

RIP Neal Cassidy (Once Upon a Time)
Leigh Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2011, 01:57 PM   #10
Pat

Default Chopper Dave

OMG, I thought Chopper Dave was SO ANNOYING. Every episode he was on, someone had to comment why he was shouting to explain he was used to talking over the sounds of the helicopter when doing the traffic report.

Glad he wasn't in too many shows.
Old 07-11-2011, 07:08 AM   #11
Ant-Lox
Cloud Watcher

Dr. Mary was slightly annoying in her second appearance.

Frasier writing scripted banter makes the episode great though.

Sports Allegiances
Philadelphia 76ers
Philadelphia Flyers
Philadelphia Phillies
Philadelphia Eagles
Detroit Red Wings
New York Football Giants

Ant-Lox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 12:26 AM   #12
born2late
Forum Regular

I have to say Mel also. Didn't like the way she made Niles jump thru hoops. Anyone wonder how Mel had a wedding reception when there was no wedding? Seems like some of her friends would know what happened. I am watching that episode on Hallmark.
born2late is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 03:44 PM   #13
bingbangbaby
I see you!!

I see why a lot of people have picked Mel and I could probably concur to some degree, but I have to say, she did treat Niles better than Maris did. As awful as she treated him, it was only after she got hurt, while Maris was awful to him the entire time they were married. Even as nasty as Mel was, I do think it was a step up from Maris. And there is a moment at that fake wedding reception where I actually feel the tiniest bit sorry for Mel (but I get over it quick ) and that's when he kisses her for that photographer to take their picture. If you watch her face after that kiss, you can see that she really was in love with him (as the actress portrayed it). I think that Mel and Donny acted equally nasty after they were hurt, it's just that Donny was the nicer person so we forgave him more quickly. And of course we all love Niles so much that we completely and instantly forgive him for making that mistake and hurting people. (And that includes myself... I am the first person to jump to Niles's defense!) So out of the characters that we met, I'd probably agree with my least favorite being Mel, but if we include all the characters we knew, then it would have to be Maris.
Old 04-10-2012, 11:33 PM   #14
fireandice
John 3:16
Frequent Poster

Didn't like Mel because she was really horrible towards Niles.
“God loves you and He knows the secrets of your heart. The horrors that you’ve endured, you cannot blame Him for. You’ve let the past come between you and God. Turn the past over to Him. His is strong enough to take it. Give Him your future, too & He’ll make you strong enough to face it.”
- Touched by an Angel
fireandice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:30 AM   #15
Schmoopie
Forum Veteran

And then there's Ann, played by Julia Sweeney (*shudders*)