Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

The Ropers (Sitcoms Online) / The Ropers links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Ropers Photo Gallery


Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1970s Sitcoms > The Ropers

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Midseason 2020 Plans Include FBI Spin-off; E! Brings Back The Soup
NBC Midseason 2020 Schedule; The CW Announces Midseason 2020 Lineup
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 11, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Fresh Off the Boat Coming to an End; Weeds Sequel in the Works
Fri-Yay: Thoughts on Netflix's Living with Yourself; ABC Orders More Episodes of American Housewife and Bless This Mess
COZI TV's Thanksgiving Weekend Unexpected Guests Marathon; MeTV Salutes Veteran's Day with M*A*S*H
Live in Front of a Studio Audience: All in the Family & Good Times on Dec. 18; NBC Orders More Superstore Episodes


New on DVD/Blu-ray (September/October/November)

My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season

09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
09/19 - The Guest Book - Season 1
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - Mom - The Complete Sixth Season
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
11/05 - The Fonz and the Happy Days Gang - The Complete Animated Series
11/05 - Laverne & Shirley in the Army (Animated Series) - The DVD Edition
11/05 - Letterkenny - Seasons 1 & 2
11/05 - Step by Step - The Complete Fifth Season (WBShop.com)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
11/12 - The Big Bang Theory - The Complete Series (Blu-ray Limited Edition)
11/19 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
11/19 - The Kominsky Method - The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2012, 01:00 AM   #1
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,944
Default Just noticed that Janet, Jack, and Chrissy were not the same when they guest starred

on the Ropers

Janet...."dancing with Mr. Roper with just a towel over her body"

Chrissy...."teaching Mr. Roper how to dance"

Jack......"Not backing down from Jeffery when challenged to a fight"


That was not their Three's Company personalities-lol


BTW: The hairstyles that Janet and Chrissy wore in the Ropers episode was never seen on Three's Company
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 10:32 AM   #2
MRPITT
Member
Senior Member
 
MRPITT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 14, 2011
Posts: 1,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
on the Ropers

Janet...."dancing with Mr. Roper with just a towel over her body"

Chrissy...."teaching Mr. Roper how to dance"

Jack......"Not backing down from Jeffery when challenged to a fight"


That was not their Three's Company personalities-lol


BTW: The hairstyles that Janet and Chrissy wore in the Ropers episode was never seen on Three's Company
Maybe they felt more comfortable around Mr Roper and didnt have to pretend to be something they werent since he was no longer their landlord.
MRPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 11:11 AM   #3
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRPITT
Maybe they felt more comfortable around Mr Roper and didnt have to pretend to be something they werent since he was no longer their landlord.

They all played themselves with character names. Chrissy wasn't her normal dumb self
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:13 PM   #4
-STEFFY-
Member
Forum Veteran
 
-STEFFY-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 18, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 14,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
They all played themselves with character names. Chrissy wasn't her normal dumb self
And Jack wasn't his usual yellow-bellied, jelly-fish self when dealing with a nasty Jeffrey who wanted to beat him up when he thought Jack was having an affair with his wife.
-STEFFY- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 10:38 PM   #5
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -STEFFY-
And Jack wasn't his usual yellow-bellied, jelly-fish self when dealing with a nasty Jeffrey who wanted to beat him up when he thought Jack was having an affair with his wife.
Exactly, when did Jack on Three;s Company ever challenge a guy when someone was about to attack him?-lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:04 PM   #6
-STEFFY-
Member
Forum Veteran
 
-STEFFY-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 18, 2007
Location: USA
Posts: 14,574
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Exactly, when did Jack on Three;s Company ever challenge a guy when someone was about to attack him?-lol
Never! I remember in one episode, some bully from the Regal Begal challenged Jack to a fight, but Jack was afraid. So Janet told him that Jack had a steel plate in his head!
-STEFFY- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 11:19 PM   #7
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -STEFFY-
Never! I remember in one episode, some bully from the Regal Begal challenged Jack to a fight, but Jack was afraid. So Janet told him that Jack had a steel plate in his head!

I just remembered he did stand up to that guy in the beagle in season 7 and challenged him to a boxing match. But at the time of the Ropers episode in 79, Jack had never stood up to a guy on Three's company the 1st 3 seasons. lol
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:27 PM   #8
ThomasE
Member
Moderator
Forum Veteran
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2000
Location: New York, New York, U.S.A.
Posts: 10,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
on the Ropers

Janet...."dancing with Mr. Roper with just a towel over her body"

Chrissy...."teaching Mr. Roper how to dance"

Jack......"Not backing down from Jeffery when challenged to a fight"


That was not their Three's Company personalities-lol


BTW: The hairstyles that Janet and Chrissy wore in the Ropers episode was never seen on Three's Company
I don't know. It wasn't far fetched to me. Those hairstyles worn on "The Ropers" were the new dos for season four of Three's Company. That was one of the things that I took note of.
__________________
Check out my my "It's A Living" Facebook Fanpage!!!
https://m.facebook.com/groups/107208...&source=result
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #9
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
I don't know. It wasn't far fetched to me. Those hairstyles worn on "The Ropers" were the new dos for season four of Three's Company. That was one of the things that I took note of.

Nope, you tell me the episode in season 4 that Janet and Chrissy had those hairstyles and i will put out my DVD right now.

I'm confident Chrissy never had that hairstyle on Three's Company that she had on the ropers
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
ThomasE
Member
Moderator
Forum Veteran
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2000
Location: New York, New York, U.S.A.
Posts: 10,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
Nope, you tell me the episode in season 4 that Janet and Chrissy had those hairstyles and i will put out my DVD right now.

I'm confident Chrissy never had that hairstyle on Three's Company that she had on the ropers
It seemed like it to me. It certainly wasn't season three. The cinetography and lighting also resembles the type used for season four as well.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:56 PM   #11
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
It seemed like it to me. It certainly wasn't season three. The cinetography and lighting also resembles the type used for season four as well.

Tom it wasn't her season 3 or season 4 hairstyle, I guess it was just a hairstyle for a GUEST appearance LOL Same thing with Janet
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:52 PM   #12
MRPITT
Member
Senior Member
 
MRPITT's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 14, 2011
Posts: 1,032
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TVFactFan
I just remembered he did stand up to that guy in the beagle in season 7 and challenged him to a boxing match. But at the time of the Ropers episode in 79, Jack had never stood up to a guy on Three's company the 1st 3 seasons. lol

In Cyrano De Tripper he nearly gets into a fight with Chrissy's, date it got pretty heated.
MRPITT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:57 PM   #13
ThomasE
Member
Moderator
Forum Veteran
 
ThomasE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 03, 2000
Location: New York, New York, U.S.A.
Posts: 10,730
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRPITT
In Cyrano De Tripper he nearly gets into a fight with Chrissy's, date it got pretty heated.
I knew Jack asserted himself at one time. Thank you!
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #14
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRPITT
In Cyrano De Tripper he nearly gets into a fight with Chrissy's, date it got pretty heated.

That was after his appearance on the Ropers
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #15
TVFactFan
Member
Forum Legend
 
Join Date: Aug 17, 2002
Posts: 89,944
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasE
I knew Jack asserted himself at one time. Thank you!

It was AFTER his appearance on the Ropers
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:10 AM.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.