Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-11-2019, 09:19 AM   #61
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook View Post
If Dale checked in every hour WHILE the crime was being committed then he would be looked at as inept or in on it. I think Dale set this up with him being alive and returning to the plant in mind, but he was killed instead. He didn't want to let on he was an accomplice, so he didn't check in to make it seem like he was being held up somewhere, this would not only let him profit off the platinum, but let him return to his job without him being seen as a suspect.

This is why I think that it's a huge possibility that Dale was in on it, but was double-crossed at some point. If he was in the bag then it was so he could be hidden from the cameras while being pushed around giving instructions to the masked perp without being seen as being an accomplice on camera. Hiding in plain sight so to speak. It's weird how the perp knew where everything was but still took a long time to get out. He seemed kind of lost wandering around. Wouldn't be surprised if he was being coached and told where things were while he was trying to look for them.

Think about set up this seems, like they purposely were seen on camera together, then we never saw Dale on camera again. This would make sense as it would seem like Dale was in trouble or incapacitated while the masked burglar was getting the platinum. I wouldn't be surprised if Dale was in the bag fully alert the entire time and was killed at another location after the heist.
This would also fit with Dale not being involved with the heist and just cooperating with the intruder so he didn't kill him.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2019, 11:18 AM   #62
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
This would also fit with Dale not being involved with the heist and just cooperating with the intruder so he didn't kill him.
Perhaps, but you have several things to consider. The perp literally came just as Dale got to work, which is quite suspicious. Why is the perp letting Dale roam around freely in which Dale met him at the back of the plant?

The biggest point is if Dale was indeed instructing him from inside the bag, then that likely means that this person wasn't an employee, and if he wasn't an employee and needing coaching then how did he know about the obscure location of the platinum to begin with? cough*Dale*cough

It doesn't make sense for the burglar to show up not knowing how to cut the platinum and where it's located only for Dale to volunteer to stuff himself inside a bag and give him instructions.

Dale was an on the fritz security guard who had been demoted with tons of debt, and he was by himself late at night in a dying plant that had thousands of dollars worth of platinum. Let's be honest, if I was in Dale's shoes that would seem like a good heist, especially if I was able to keep my job after.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 08:35 AM   #63
freakbook

Quote:
I have seen multiple sources talk about how the guards were supposed to call in every hour to report, but because there was a new employee working that night, Dale's absence went unnoticed. What's odd though is that some of the articles say that Dale did in fact call in at midnight, but others say that he was supposed to check in at midnight but failed to do so. One article written 3 years after his disappearance has the line, "A check of the clock records showed Kerstetter hadn't made his rounds of the plant since midnight."

I guess what I'm getting at is that if the timestamps on the released footage as well as the allegation that Dale phoned in at midnight are accurate, that would be a huge break into determining whether or not Dale was involved with the theft. Because if he did in fact interact with this masked man at 10:45 p.m., and then phone in (or clock in) to check in at midnight, he almost certainly would have to have been involved.
If there was a new employee working that night, and Dale didn't check-in, then I wonder if the night of the heist was chosen for that reason?

If Dale knew there was going to be someone new at the security place he had to check-in to, then it's possible that he knew that the person wouldn't be up to protocol and chose that night to steal the platinum as that person would be less savvy to phone in an emergency, as the old security person would.
Old 09-13-2019, 02:54 AM   #64
RaidenKhan
Frequent Poster

Just wanted to echo the thanks to Guardian (and others) for all the time and work put into this. It was very much appreciated.

Cheers,
Matt
RaidenKhan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:07 PM   #65
omegadoom
Frequent Poster

Quote:
If there was a new employee working that night, and Dale didn't check-in, then I wonder if the night of the heist was chosen for that reason?

If Dale knew there was going to be someone new at the security place he had to check-in to, then it's possible that he knew that the person wouldn't be up to protocol and chose that night to steal the platinum as that person would be less savvy to phone in an emergency, as the old security person would.
But who took the call? If it was the new guard he wouldn't know if it was Kerstetter's voice or not. Anyone could have called to check in claiming they were Dale. It could have been the intruder for all he knew.
omegadoom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2019, 05:30 PM   #66
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by omegadoom View Post
But who took the call? If it was the new guard he wouldn't know if it was Kerstetter's voice or not. Anyone could have called to check in claiming they were Dale. It could have been the intruder for all he knew.
It's not who's voice that matters, it's the fact that if no one at Corning doesn't phone-in then security is supposed to call the police to the premises.
Old 09-16-2019, 11:51 AM   #67
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
It's not who's voice that matters, it's the fact that if no one at Corning doesn't phone-in then security is supposed to call the police to the premises.
If Dale was involved, he was leaving an awful lot up to chance. The intruder was in the building for approximately 2 hours. How would Dale have known that the person on call that night wouldn't have alerted the authorities that he wasn't checking in?
Old 09-16-2019, 04:22 PM   #68
freakbook

Quote:
If Dale was involved, he was leaving an awful lot up to chance. The intruder was in the building for approximately 2 hours. How would Dale have known that the person on call that night wouldn't have alerted the authorities that he wasn't checking in?
Excellent point. I'm not sure honestly, unless Dale knew the company had a history of not calling in when they were supposed to and figured they wouldn't call in on time. I mean the police were only called when Dale's co-worker came in and saw him missing, so maybe Dale knew the company was negligent and took advantage of it.

I find it weird that the intruder took 2 hours. If this was a current/ex-employee I figure it should've took them half the time to accomplish this. You have to be relaxed in order to take this long, so I wonder if Dale assured his accomplice that no one would be there until later so they didn't rush?
Old 09-17-2019, 09:18 AM   #69
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Excellent point. I'm not sure honestly, unless Dale knew the company had a history of not calling in when they were supposed to and figured they wouldn't call in on time. I mean the police were only called when Dale's co-worker came in and saw him missing, so maybe Dale knew the company was negligent and took advantage of it.

I find it weird that the intruder took 2 hours. If this was a current/ex-employee I figure it should've took them half the time to accomplish this. You have to be relaxed in order to take this long, so I wonder if Dale assured his accomplice that no one would be there until later so they didn't rush?
What seems weird to me is that since this took approximately 2 hours to pull off, if Dale was involved, why not help the intruder to speed up the process? He's never seen on any of the footage after the intruder is seen walking with him (which is shortly after the arrival of the intruder). I don't think Dale was involved, but I don't think he put up much resistance to the intruder.
Old 09-17-2019, 09:39 AM   #70
freakbook

Quote:
What seems weird to me is that since this took approximately 2 hours to pull off, if Dale was involved, why not help the intruder to speed up the process? He's never seen on any of the footage after the intruder is seen walking with him (which is shortly after the arrival of the intruder). I don't think Dale was involved, but I don't think he put up much resistance to the intruder.
Because of the cameras. There were 3 cameras around the plant, and Dale was obviously aware of the cameras by looking directly into one. If Dale was trying to play the role of the victim, then him being seen once on camera and never again is the perfect plan, especially if he was planning on returning to work.

That's why I think Dale was alive inside the bag on the dolly and was giving instructions to the intruder, which is why it took 2 hours, but no signs of foul play was found in the plant. I think Dale was hiding in plain sight giving instructions, but didn't want to be seen on camera anymore after being seen with the intruder the first time.
Old 09-19-2019, 05:39 AM   #71
Matt_C
Occasional Poster

If Dale was murdered, where would that murder have taken place for there to be no evidence of it being found?
Matt_C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2019, 06:39 AM   #72
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt_C View Post
If Dale was murdered, where would that murder have taken place for there to be no evidence of it being found?
Outside of the plant somewhere, IF he was murdered. I don't believe he was murdered inside the plant as there's no signs of foul play, and it would've been a hassle for the intruder to not only have to deal with the pipe, but also moving a dead body around