Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-22-2014, 10:32 PM   #1
LiveByTheSea
Occasional Poster

Default Richard Bocklage

Dead or alive? I have a hard time believing he is still alive after so many years on the run.
LiveByTheSea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:50 PM   #2
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

I think he could be alive. He would only be in his late 50s and if he got sufficient help from family and friends, he could be living just about anywhere.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2014, 11:59 PM   #3
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

I say he's alive. I think he's in Canada, where his vehicle was found.

I think I read somewhere that throughout the early '80s Missouri investigators had strong evidence to suggest his family was helping him hide out.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 01:07 AM   #4
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

It's a sickening feeling to know this guy was never caught. Especially since he not only killed Tanya but he sent a letter to her parents saying she deserved what she got. It was HER fault that he killed her. Scum. That shows absolutely no remorse on his part.

I think he is very much alive, probably living in Canada or somewhere in the U.S., far away from Missouri. He's been on the run since the year I was born. It's way past time he got caught and punished.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 03:44 PM   #5
zack007attack
Frequent Poster

I'm not convinced he is still on the run. He was an incompetent, lazy SOB who seemed to have a tough financial situation based on his apparent lack of employment combined with his disregard for his own education. He also seems like someone who sticks out pretty easily; based on his physical description. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who has the competence, skills, or resources to live a life as an outcast under the radar for this length of time.

I think he wandered off into the vast Canadian wilderness and took his own life. Authorities even said they found no trace of the .45 handgun he used, aside from his proof of purchase which was in his apartment; so it's fair to say he took the weapon with him when he fled. That tells me he was prepared to commit another dirty deed with it. But I don't think he would be incompetent enough to realize that the authorities would be on his tail especially after sending a flaunting letter to his victim's relatives.
zack007attack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 01:32 AM   #6
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
It's a sickening feeling to know this guy was never caught. Especially since he not only killed Tanya but he sent a letter to her parents saying she deserved what she got. It was HER fault that he killed her. Scum. That shows absolutely no remorse on his part.

I think he is very much alive, probably living in Canada or somewhere in the U.S., far away from Missouri. He's been on the run since the year I was born. It's way past time he got caught and punished.
I feel the same way. This case sickens me. He's been on the run for longer than he was a free man and I, too, believe that he's probably still alive. I think he's living under an assumed name and wouldn't be surprised at all if he got help. He could very easily have called family/friends from a payphone and asked for money to be wired to him or something.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2015, 02:07 AM   #7
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I vote alive.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 12:23 PM   #8
Victoria81
Frequent Poster

I believe alive as well. Other than UM, you never really hear of this case. It is not like his face is everywhere. He could easily live among others and no one would ever know who he is. Same goes for other cases.
Victoria81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2015, 04:40 PM   #9
Phanekim
Frequent Poster

with his family helping him out, why would he commit suicide?

even if he commited suicide, most likely it wouldn't be in such a place where it is hard to find.

my money is on him making it out alive.
Phanekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 09:51 AM   #10
idol
Frequent Poster

Saw this one yesterday on Amazon Season 3, was hoping there would be an update that he was caught.

My vote is that he is alive and probably living a decent life unfortunately.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 12:35 PM   #11
MissFit29
Forum Regular

I don't know on this one. Thompson, Manitoba is way out in the middle of nowhere. I doubt that he went there to start a new life. Maybe he did kill himself. I'd think he would have wanted to be in a larger city and unless someone drove a separate car with him, I can't see how he would have gotten away from the area.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #12
macbeth06
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I think he could be alive. He would only be in his late 50s and if he got sufficient help from family and friends, he could be living just about anywhere.
Old 07-31-2017, 05:19 PM   #13
unidentified
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFit29
Thompson, Manitoba is way out in the middle of nowhere. I doubt that he went there to start a new life. Maybe he did kill himself.
That is the thing though, he maybe wanted somewhere like that so he could live "off the grid", although this is still a location of around 10,000 or more people.

The only issue would be that to get money, he still would have to try and hold down some kind of a job.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:39 PM   #14
flytrapp
Frequent Poster

For anyone who has not driven across "the prairies", let me tell you, you'd want to slash your wrists. You can go 100 miles without even so much as a tree to look at. Just flat land with nothing. I can remember being so excited to see a gas station! Anyway, my point is that it is very common for long haul truck drivers to pick up hitchhikers or offer rides to people they kind of know or met who want to go from point A to point B because it provides some company. I think it's quite possible he ditched the vehicle and then took a ride with some unsuspecting truck driver and landed in a major city where he could try to blend.
flytrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2017, 03:12 PM   #15
Jon
Forum Regular

I'm not sure if he's dead or alive. I do wonder how much effort is being put in to find him. In similar cases, I can usually find a "family still longs for justice after x years" type of article with an interview with some local law enforcement official, but I haven't been able to find one in this case.

Have the FBI looked at Bocklage's friends and family to find out if they may be aiding him? Have there been any sightings of him? There hasn't been any new information about this case that I can find. This case deserves more attention from law enforcement and media, it is one of the most senseless and brutal crimes I can think of.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote