Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Manifest Cancellation Being Reconsidered; American Housewife Sold for Broadcast Syndication
Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars


New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 12-27-2012, 09:14 AM   #256
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.


What happened at The Comedy Store?
I'll send you the UM video about it
__________________
Join my Unsolved Mysteries page (Facebook): http://www.facebook.com/pages/Unsolv...899616?sk=wall
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 11:23 AM   #257
SheRaaa
Member
Frequent Poster
 
SheRaaa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 30, 2009
Posts: 401
Default

I love that the Moss Beach Distillery touts itself as "dog friendly."

This thread = awesome.
SheRaaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #258
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheRaaa
I love that the Moss Beach Distillery touts itself as "dog friendly."

This thread = awesome.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 12:37 PM   #259
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,232
Default

I had a hard time finding exactly where the Armored Services, Inc. company that Cindy Wismiller (the lady in my avatar) stole money from. I also tried looking for Corning Glasswords where Dale Kerstetter worked but found nothing.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:17 PM   #260
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,092
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I had a hard time finding exactly where the Armored Services, Inc. company that Cindy Wismiller (the lady in my avatar) stole money from. I also tried looking for Corning Glasswords where Dale Kerstetter worked but found nothing.
Right about the time that Mr. Kerstetter went missing, Corning Glass was getting ready to sell their facility to another company. The whole thing might be under even another new name by now, since this happened in the 80s.

Could be kind of hard to track down the location if there are too many name changes or changes in ownership of the facility over the years.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 05:34 PM   #261
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member
 
TracyLynnS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 07, 2009
Posts: 3,092
Default

RE: Corning Glass in Bradford, PA....

Did a quick bit of internet research and found this info, some or all of which may be worthless... dunno, but it could be a starting point for finding the place.

http://www.dtic.mil/dtic/cs/099120.html

This says it's the PA headquarters for Corning: 800 Presque Isle Drive Pittsburgh, PA 15239
(724) 327-6100

I found something that said that the Corning location was bought by United Refinery. Other posts say that it was bought in 1988 by Vishay International. That person also says that in 2005, the building was up for sale again with nothing having been produced there for a few years. I found this info here: http://newsgroups.derkeiler.com/Arch.../msg04245.html but you have to be careful cuz the whole site is covered in spammy stuff unrelated to the Kerstetter case and some of it contains disturbing content.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 02:06 AM   #262
dynoguy88
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 3,147
Default

SON OF SAM SHOOTINGS:

SHOOTING #1 - July 29, 1976

Buhre Avenue in the Bronx. Donna Lauria (18) and Jody Valenti (19) were shot here at 1:10 a.m. The building on the left is the apartment where Donna lived with her parents. The shooting took place across the street. Donna was in the process of opening the car door when she noticed a man walking towards her. She turned to Jody and asked, "who is that guy?" then she was shot and killed instantly. Jody was shot in the thigh and survived.




SHOOTING # 2 - October 23, 1976

The corner of 33rd Avenue & 159th Street in Flushing, a quiet residential neighborhood. Carl Denaro (25) and Rosemary Keenan (18) were parked here when they were shot. Carl was shot in the back of the head but survived. He eventually needed a metal plate to replace a portion of his skull. Rosemary was not shot and only suffered a few cuts from the broken glass of the window.




SHOOTING #3 - November 27, 1976

The home of the Lomino family on 262nd Street in Queens. Donna DeMasi (16) and Joanne Lomino (18) had gone to see a movie in the evening and then arrived back here where they sat on the front porch chatting at midnight. That's when they were each shot once. Donna was shot in the neck but the wound was not life threatening. Joanne was shot in the back, survived but became a paraplegic.




SHOOTING #4 - January 30, 1977

Station Plaza on Continental Avenue near the Long Island Railroad line in Queens. Christine Freund (26) and John Diel (30) had just gotten into their car here at around 12:30 a.m. when the gunfire started. John suffered minor injuries and survived but Christine was shot twice in the head and died instantly.




SHOOTING #5 - March 8, 1977

Dartmouth Avenue near 71st Street in Queens. Virginia Voskerichian (19) was walking home from one of her classes at Barnard College when she was attacked at 7:30 p.m. She was just a block and half from her house when the shooter calmly walked up to her and aimed his gun. She put up her school books to shield her face, was shot twice in the head and collapsed into the bushes. She died several hours later in the hospital. I don't know which sidewalk she was on but this was the block of the shooting.




SHOOTING #6 - April 17, 1977

One block short of 1950 Hutchinson Parkway in the Bronx, and only 3 blocks from the first shooting. Alexander Esau (20) and Valentina Suriani (18) were sitting here in Suriani's car in front of her house at 3:00 a.m. Each of them had been shot twice and both died from their wounds, Valentina at the scene and Alexander a few hours later at the hospital. This was also the site of where the note to police was left introducing himself as the son of Sam.




SHOOTING #7 - June 26, 1977

4539 211th Street in Queens. Sal Lupo (20) and Judy Placido (17) had been at the Elephas Disco, then at midnight, walked across the street and talked in their car when they were shot. Judy was shot in the temple, near the spine and in the shoulder. Sal was shot in the arm. Both survived the attack. Where the white car is parked in this photo is where the shooting happened.




SHOOTING #8 - July 31, 1977

Shore Parkway in Brooklyn. Stacy Moskowitz (20) and Robert Violante (20) were parked here with Tommy Zano and his girlfriend parked in front of them. The details of this shooting are well known from the UM segment. I drew an arrow to where the shooting happened. The little red building across the street is the park bathroom was the shooter stood before eventually making his way across the street to pull the trigger.



See page 5 for all the other areas of interest in the final shooting.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 03:43 AM   #263
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic
Senior Member
 
1990 UM fan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2011
Location: United States
Posts: 2,232
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
SON OF SAM SHOOTINGS:

SHOOTING #1 - July 29, 1976

Buhre Avenue in the Bronx. Donna Lauria (18) and Jody Valenti (19) were shot here at 1:10 a.m. The building on the left is the apartment where Donna lived with her parents. The shooting took place across the street. Donna was in the process of opening the car door when she noticed a man walking towards her. She turned to Jody and asked, "who is that guy?" then she was shot and killed instantly. Jody was shot in the thigh and survived.




SHOOTING # 2 - October 23, 1976

The corner of 33rd Avenue & 159th Street in Flushing, a quiet residential neighborhood. Carl Denaro (25) and Rosemary Keenan (18) were parked here when they were shot. Carl was shot in the back of the head but survived. He eventually needed a metal plate to replace a portion of his skull. Rosemary was not shot and only suffered a few cuts from the broken glass of the window.




SHOOTING #3 - November 27, 1976

The home of the Lomino family on 262nd Street in Queens. Donna DeMasi (16) and Joanne Lomino (18) had gone to see a movie in the evening and then arrived back here where they sat on the front porch chatting at midnight. That's when they were each shot once. Donna was shot in the neck but the wound was not life threatening. Joanne was shot in the back, survived but became a paraplegic.




SHOOTING #4 - January 30, 1977

Station Plaza on Continental Avenue near the Long Island Railroad line in Queens. Christine Freund (26) and John Diel (30) had just gotten into their car here at around 12:30 a.m. when the gunfire started. John suffered minor injuries and survived but Christine was shot twice in the head and died instantly.




SHOOTING #5 - March 8, 1977

Dartmouth Avenue near 71st Street in Queens. Virginia Voskerichian (19) was walking home from one of her classes at Barnard College when she was attacked at 7:30 p.m. She was just a block and half from her house when the shooter calmly walked up to her and aimed his gun. She put up her school books to shield her face, was shot twice in the head and collapsed into the bushes. She died several hours later in the hospital. I don't know which sidewalk she was on but this was the block of the shooting.




SHOOTING #6 - April 17, 1977

One block short of 1950 Hutchinson Parkway in the Bronx, and only 3 blocks from the first shooting. Alexander Esau (20) and Valentina Suriani (18) were sitting here in Suriani's car in front of her house at 3:00 a.m. Each of them had been shot twice and both died from their wounds, Valentina at the scene and Alexander a few hours later at the hospital. This was also the site of where the note to police was left introducing himself as the son of Sam.




SHOOTING #7 - June 26, 1977

4539 211th Street in Queens. Sal Lupo (20) and Judy Placido (17) had been at the Elephas Disco, then at midnight, walked across the street and talked in their car when they were shot. Judy was shot in the temple, near the spine and in the shoulder. Sal was shot in the arm. Both survived the attack. Where the white car is parked in this photo is where the shooting happened.




SHOOTING #8 - July 31, 1977

Shore Parkway in Brooklyn. Stacy Moskowitz (20) and Robert Violante (20) were parked here with Tommy Zano and his girlfriend parked in front of them. The details of this shooting are well known from the UM segment. I drew an arrow to where the shooting happened. The little red building across the street is the park bathroom was the shooter stood before eventually making his way across the street to pull the trigger.



See page 5 for all the other areas of interest in the final shooting.
Such beautiful areas. It's almost unbelievable to me that something so horrid would happen in a peaceful-looking place like that.
1990 UM fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 05:12 PM   #264
unidentified
Member
Frequent Poster
 
unidentified's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2010
Posts: 152
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
TAMMY LYNN LEPPERT:

This is the parking lot of the Glass Bank where Tammy was dropped off by her friend on July 6, 1983. The building is closed down now and it looks like it's barely standing. It's located on State Road 1A near the corner of North 4th Street in Cocoa Beach, Florida. After she was dropped off here, Tammy vanished off the face of the Earth and she hasn't been seen since.

Was visiting Florida last summer and while in the Cocoa Beach area decided to set out to find this as I thought the bank should be instantly recognizable from the segment. It is obviously a little different that it was then.

Hadn't thought to check it up on a map or Google but was still able to locate it - felt rather strange and eerie to be right at the place where she was last properly seen.
__________________
'The truth is out there'
unidentified is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 02:45 PM   #265
NDAlum2003
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jan 14, 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 215
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Roxann Jeeves' apartment complex and Holloman Rd:
I just drove by there and it looks as if the apartments are going to be demoed some time soon. 30 years ago that area was fairly decent, but for the last 20 years most of the apartments in that area have been Section 8 so the area has deteriorated quite a bit.
NDAlum2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2013, 05:18 PM   #266
dynoguy88
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 3,147
Default

WILL HENDRICK:

This is the apartment located on the 300 block of West C Street in Moscow, Idaho, close to the University of Idaho campus. Will was last seen alive here sitting outside on the staircase between the second and third floors.



The second floor was where Will's friend Katie Payne was throwing a party for their friends in the theater department. The third floor was where the frat boys and athletes were having their party. When Katie went inside to make a phone call at 2:30 a.m., she left Will on the stairs. A couple minutes later, she walked outside and Will was already gone yet his car was still in the little parking lot in front of the building.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 02:03 PM   #267
dynoguy88
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 3,147
Default

CINDY JAMES (continued from page 1.)

I hadn't looked at the books in years but one great thing about them is they give the address and location of every single event that happened to Cindy in the last seven years of her life, which makes finding them on Google maps a breeze. After reading the book, it's nice to actually see what these places look like, no matter what you believe really happened to her.

Police footage of this place was included in the segment, however....



Cindy was found in this ditch on December 11, 1985. It's located along the foothills just outside the University of British Columbia. At 6:00 p.m., a student saw Cindy staggering along the road and then collapsed into the ditch. She was wearing a man's work boot and glove. She was suffering from hypothermia. She had a nylon stocking tied around her neck, a black eye, lacerations to her right fingers, a bruise on her neck, abrasions on her knees, left shin and left elbow.

One blackout attack not mentioned in the segment took place on July 23, 1984. Cindy phoned Ozzie Kaban at 8:30 p.m. to tell him that she was going out for an hour and would call him when she arrived home. She ended up driving to a park about a mile away with her little dog Heidi. It was a nice summer evening out and there were plenty of people at the park. Cindy said she walked around, played with Heidi and watched some people play tennis in the park. This is the park located on the corner of Dunbar and 33rd Street in Vancouver...



At around 9:00 p.m., she decided to walk one lap around the park and then leave for home. She was walking along 33rd Street on the edge of the park when a van pulled to the side of the road at this spot...



There was a man and woman in the van who rolled down the window and asked Cindy where Churchill Street was. After that point, her next memory was waking up in a hospital bed several hours later.

As it turns out, a few minutes after midnight, Cindy in a drug induced state and a nylon stocking tied around her neck ended up on the front porch of the home of Regan Tretheway at 3822 West 33rd, about a block and half from the park. Heidi was nowhere to be found. Cindy was trying to open the front door which was unlocked but had the chain on. Regan went to answer the door and Cindy collapsed. This is Tretheway home...



At the hospital, doctors found traces of a drug called benzodiazepine in Cindy's system.

When detectives investigated the area, they found some evidence 2 blocks in the opposite direction from where Cindy was walking on 33rd when the van pulled over. On the corner of 33rd and Wallace, about 30 feet into the brush, they found drag marks in the dirt and signs of a struggle with one of Cindy's shoes with a broken strap and a canister of "Stinger" dog repellent, which was given to Cindy by Kaban. This corner is where those items were located....



A couple hours after Cindy was admitted to the hospital, Ozzie Kaban found Heidi in the yard next door to the Tretheway house. He took care of her until Cindy was able to leave the hospital.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 07:03 PM   #268
dynoguy88
Member
Forum 3K Club Member
 
dynoguy88's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 01, 2000
Location: Michigan, USA
Posts: 3,147
Default

KATHY BONDERSON:

The bridge in New Rockford, North Dakota leading out of town where Kathy passed her son just before she was murdered.

dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2013, 09:19 AM   #269
nicoge21
Member
Frequent Poster
 
nicoge21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2009
Posts: 152
Default

The storefront Keith Reinhard and Tom Young both rented before they dissapeared.

nicoge21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:02 AM   #270
Hockeygirl
Member
Occasional Poster
 
Hockeygirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 03, 2012
Location: Somewhere in Canada.
Posts: 51
Default

The location of the Circleville letters ? I believe it's in Ohio ?
Hockeygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:15 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions Inc.