Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Premieres September 8; List of a Lifetime Casts TV Stars
Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-13-2014, 11:27 PM   #76
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

I'm re-reading The Boys On the Tracks and caught something this time I missed when I first read the book: less than a year after the deaths, someone put Mrs. Ives in contact with a psychic, who turned out to be none other than Carol Pate--the psychic interviewed in the Pam Page segment who gave that very memorable account of the vision she had regarding what happened to Pam. (Page and her family are originally from Arkansas, even though her disappearance occurred in Arizona.)

Interestingly, Pate told Mrs. Ives the boys had been covered with something green on the tracks (which would describe the tarp, even though no news reports at that time made mention of it), and that they had been beaten by men she thought to be police, but weren't "dressed like policemen" in her vision. This visit occurred in early 1988, long before police involvement in this case was even discovered, much less investigated. I thought this was rather remarkable--and eerie.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 02:52 PM   #77
DanCart
Frequent Poster

Interesting info Meg ! This case is really frightening and shocking and the murder of the boys was probably just the tip of the iceberg.....

I am curious about the book , does it have pictures of the rail tracks and the surrounding area ? + what year was it published ?
DanCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2014, 08:54 PM   #78
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanCart
I am curious about the book , does it have pictures of the rail tracks and the surrounding area ? + what year was it published ?
There are no photographs in the book, but there are few photographs of the tracks online in various places. If you want to check it out on Google Maps, the rail crossing closest to the site where the boys were hit is located at Brookwood Road and Shobe Road in Bryant, AR. This is the site where police converged that morning. They then walked down the tracks to the actual site itself (which I believe was located close to a mile down the southwest tracks).

The book was initially published in 1999. There is a second edition, which I think may have been published around 2004 or 2005, and I am currently reading the Kindle edition, which was released in 2011. My hard copy second edition is somewhere in this house in a cardboard box; we recently moved thousands of miles across the country, so I haven't seen it in some time.
Old 04-07-2016, 11:47 PM   #79
spectre
Occasional Poster

Icon15 "Mena" (2017) movie

For anyone interested in this Unsolved Mysteries case I suggest you keep an eye out for the Tom Cruise film, Mena, which is to be released next year (2017). I don't know if they'll mention the murders of Kevin Ives and Don Henry or even implicate the Bush or Clinton clans. But, this is one film I'm putting on my "to watch" list :-)

PS I'd post a link to the IMDb page for the film, but cannot (I haven't made the minimum requirement of posts before one can post links) :-( Anyway just go Google it or go to IMDb to check it out further...
spectre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2016, 09:59 PM   #80
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Frequent Poster

So i apologize for the 'lateness' but i have only been able to watch the segment recently. I don't live in USA so i dont know but i have some questions. What is spotting? and why did the boy's dad let him take a gun out of the house? Is there an age limit for people to possess firearms?
Old 05-15-2016, 10:25 PM   #81
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judyhymesisalive
So i apologize for the 'lateness' but i have only been able to watch the segment recently. I don't live in USA so i dont know but i have some questions. What is spotting? and why did the boy's dad let him take a gun out of the house? Is there an age limit for people to possess firearms?
The term is "Spotlighting" and it involves one person shining a spotlight on the deer while the other one shoots.

While it is legal for a 16 year old to own a firearm, it is illegal to spotlight in Arkansas, so I was concerned that the father allowed it. Granted, he couldn't have known *that* would have happened, but still if he was allowing them to spotlight and possibly smoke marijuana, he should have kept better tabs on them.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 06:28 AM   #82
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Gun laws vary from state to state here, but generally the minimum age one can own a rifle or shotgun is 16 years. You must be 18 years old to purchase or own a handgun regardless of state of residence, as that's a federal law.
Old 05-16-2016, 08:09 AM   #83
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
The term is "Spotlighting" and it involves one person shining a spotlight on the deer while the other one shoots.

While it is legal for a 16 year old to own a firearm, it is illegal to spotlight in Arkansas, so I was concerned that the father allowed it. Granted, he couldn't have known *that* would have happened, but still if he was allowing them to spotlight and possibly smoke marijuana, he should have kept better tabs on them.
How can someone 'own' a firearm at 16 but not buy one til they are 18? I don't like the idea of young people like Don on the segment having a gun and going out with it. While i'm sure he was only intending to be 'spotlighting' with it, accidents happen and somecan get hurt or killed.
Judyhymesisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:11 AM   #84
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Gun laws vary from state to state here, but generally the minimum age one can own a rifle or shotgun is 16 years. You must be 18 years old to purchase or own a handgun regardless of state of residence, as that's a federal law.
Well that must get confusing if every state has their own set of rules? So a person can not travel with their gun in their car from state to state because of the different rules?
Judyhymesisalive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 08:12 AM   #85
Hambone2421

Wow. I've never read the original post on this thread that DarkDante posted. With all of that information and with the specificity and details, I don't think this is a "conspiracy theory".
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:13 AM   #86
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Well that must get confusing if every state has their own set of rules? So a person can not travel with their gun in their car from state to state because of the different rules?
Yes, it can be confusing. You can travel with a firearm in your car from state to state in most cases, but you must be aware of what the gun laws are in the states you will be traveling to or through, and you must follow them.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:24 AM   #87
UMfan77

I'm embarrassed to say, but I've never seen this segment! I have it on DVD but I can't bring myself to watch it because it sounds so darn creepy!! This story has been discussed many times here and I think I just have to do it. I know I sound like a wimp but I'm afraid what I might see. Are certain parts of the segment graphic? Are the boys' bodies shown? (I can't handle dead bodies)
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2016, 11:26 AM   #88
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
How can someone 'own' a firearm at 16 but not buy one til they are 18? I don't like the idea of young people like Don on the segment having a gun and going out with it. While i'm sure he was only intending to be 'spotlighting' with it, accidents happen and somecan get hurt or killed.
You can both purchase and own 'long guns' such as rifles and shotguns in most states at 16. Handguns (pistols and revolvers) can only be purchased and owned by citizens aged 18 years and older.

Although there is a definite problem with gun violence here in the U.S., when a firearm is handled by a person who receives and practices proper safety training (including responsible storage and security of the weapon when not in use) and follows federal and state firearm laws and regulations, the risk of an accident is actually rather low. However, you're right--people aren't perfect, and accidents do happen that can result in injury or death.

It's a pretty hotly debated topic here, as I'm sure you probably know, and there are a lot of strong feelings on it. It seems like we talk about it at least once every election year.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:35 AM   #89
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I still believe both boys were murdered, that they saw something illegal and that they had to be killed to keep from talking about it (same deal with the Norman Ladner case too). Marijuana, even in the amount they smoked, would not render them unconscious. You do not lay yourself on a set of train tracks next to your best friend, dead or unconscious, and have it be an "accident". Unfortunately, I feel that the train running them over probably complicated the autopsy and a more definitive cause of death was not found due to that. Don was stabbed, but how was Kevin killed? I don't remember if they said how he died.
Old 05-16-2016, 11:44 AM   #90
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
Don was stabbed, but how was Kevin killed? I don't remember if they said how he died.
There's never been a hard conclusion on that. Kevin was at least unconscious before being run over by the train, but no one to date has ever been able to determine whether he was already dead before being placed on the tracks.