Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Premieres September 8; List of a Lifetime Casts TV Stars
Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-29-2006, 02:00 AM   #1
DarkDante

Default Linda Ives' theory on the deaths of Kevin Ives & Don Henry (detailed)

Alright I watched most of the video (posted below) and this is a film put together by Linda Ives about her son Kevin's death. It is a conspiracy theory video as indicated above but in this case I think the conspiracy is well justified and may belay one of the most abominable crimes of the past twenty years.

What is ironic is Kevin Ives and Don Henry were simply victims of being at the wrong place at the wrong time. According to the theory set forth by Linda Ives here is what likely went down on the night her son and his buddy were placed on the railroad tracks.

On August 23, 1987, Don Henry and Kevin Ives ventured out into the woods near Little Rock, Arkansas to do some night hunting (or spotlighting as the UM segment described it). During this time the boys apparently smoked some marijuana (enough to find trace amounts in their systems but not enough to cause a drug overdose or a drug stupor causing them to fall asleep on the tracks)

At some point the boys exited the woods near the railroad tracks where according to Ives' research, a drug drop was occuring on that evening which was supervised by the DEA (as part as what is commonly known as the "Mena" scandel). Ives implicates Judicial District Prosecutor Dan Harmon and crony Sharline Wilson as being principals in the murder of Kevin Ives and Don Henry.

A theory which at points is corroborated by information given by witnesses of possible police brutality against Kevin and Don the night they were murdered is as follows:

Harmon and Wilson were at the tracks awaiting drugs to be dropped from an airplane per pre-arrangement. Harmon got out of his vehicle and walked the tracks with others (according to Ives' possibly state and local police) while Wilson remained in the vehicle. Don Henry and Kevin Ives innocently walked out of the woods and happened upon Dan Harmon who realizing there were now witnesses to the drug drop approached the boys in some sort of threatening manner. Don Henry filed one shot from his rifle and everyone scattered.

Don and Kevin took off northbound where a short while later they met up with another crony Keith Coney who was on a motorcycle. Coney drove the two boys to Ranchette Grocery on Highway 111.

Don Henry then apparently attempted to make a phone call although it is unknown if his call ever went through to its destination. Two police officers showed up and they were later identified to Ives by witnesses as Kirk Lane and Jay Campbell. (who common logic would state had to also have been at the scene of the drug drop earlier that night given their subsequent actions)

Witnesses observed Campbell and Lane accost the two boys and a brief scuffle ensued. When Kevin Ives reached for his rifle, one of the police officers grabbed it and smashed Kevin's skull in with the butt of the rifle likely killing him instantly or mortally wounding him.

The two police officers then threw both boys in the back of the unmarked police car and took off towards a dirt road which dead ended in the woods after around a quarter of a mile.

Keith Coney, the boy who had driven both Ives and Henry to the grocery took off on his motorcycle as soon as the violence began. Coney then went to a local bar known as the "Wagon Wheel" and informed two men of the situation (one of which was Keith McKaskle) - McKaskle also took off in the direction of the tracks to see what was going on.

According to a local man named Ronnie Godwin, he also witnessed the beating of two boys at the grocery the night Ives and Henry were found on the tracks. It was he who reported that he saw the two police officers whom he identified as Campbell and Lane, drive away with the boys down a dirt road. It is suspected that it is at this juncture that Don Henry likely recieved the stab wounds that caused his death and perhaps Kevin Ives was killed as well at this juncture if he was not already dead from the earlier altercation at the grocery store.

Ronnie Godwin, knowing that the road dead ended in the woods knew the car would have to come back in his direction so he parked hidden behind two trailers and watched as the car emerged from the woods fifteen minutes later and drove towards the direction of the railroad tracks where the boys were later run over.

Another witness named Mike Crook, corroborates most of Godwin's statements as a similar statement was told to him by a drifter on the night of the "The Train Deaths".

Keith McKaskle also may have been a witness to the actual act of laying Ives and Henry on the tracks. McKaskle took off for the woods after being alerted by Coney of the situation and apparently witnessed Ives and Henry being laid out on the tracks and covered with a tarp. There are also several other witnesses alleged in Mara Leveritt's book "The Boys On The Tracks" who witnessed portions of what occured on the night of 8-23-87 relating to Henry and Ives.

Several ironies exist with the first being Coney and McKaskle were both found dead in 1988 under mysterious circumstances and the manner of their deaths ruled as accidents while there was much evidence to the contrary. Those who support Linda Ives' conspiracy theory believed both men were murdered in order to ensure their silence.

Another irony is that Dan Harmon who according to Ives may be at the very crux of the entire events surrounding "The Train Deaths" was later charged along with Richard Garrett to head up a Grand Jury investigation on the deaths of Ives and Henry. In fact Garrett was interviewed extensively on the UM segment where he promised viewers that he would find a resolution to this case.

However in the early 90s both Garrett and Harmon were dirtied by accusations of drug scandals and cover ups in Arkansas. Although both men were eventually cleared, Linda Ives later learned in the late 90s, that at least Harmon may have been involved in the death of her son and his friend

Finally it is my opinon that what is preventing true justice for Ives and Henry is the "buddy system". If people with information pertaining say to the two cops who allegedly assaulted Ives and Henry the night they were found dead were to come forward and an indictment against these two individuals made, they would likely "roll over" on someone "higher up the chain" from them.

In turn those people would "roll over" on someone even higher up the chain possibly involved in the Mena drug scandal. And on and on it would go which is likely what the people at the very top of this thing want to avoid:

The snowball effect.

Last edited by DarkDante; 07-29-2006 at 01:34 PM.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 03:49 AM   #2
Beardsley_Mantooth
Occasional Poster

Thanks for posting that, it filled in a lot of holes in the case I had been thinking about. When I stumbled on the film I had no prior knowledge of it or what it was about but it seemed like they had there facts pretty straight. Unfortunately all to often facts can be spun to present a side very convincingly but not really give you the whole story. In this case however I'm inclined to believe that shes not too far off from the truth, afterall it seems to be the only story that makes sense especially considering the murders of the key witnesses, botched police work and hidden evidence in the years to follow. Even if we eschew for a moment the Mena connection and the high government corruption it still leaves the question of why the case was so badly botched by the police, why the key witnesses were targeted and why the authorites have been so uncoporative in helping resolve this case. The only real answer it seems to lead us too is police and government corruption, which if true is a frightening and sad reminder of how important it is to keep a close eye on those in power.
Beardsley_Mantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 05:43 AM   #3
skunk ape
Frequent Poster

Wow! Thanks for that DarkDante. Very interesting details. It all adds up now.
Old 07-29-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
Thinman
Frequent Poster

Arrow

I think Bill Clinton was part of the cover-up, as well.
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:37 PM   #5
boco357
Not Muhammad Ali
Frequent Poster

I had posted this earlier, but Jay Campbell one of the cops is now in jail.

http://www.arkansasleader.com/2006/0...noke-jail.html

www.fatty357.com
boco357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 08:40 PM   #6
DarkDante

^ Boco, I would be interested to hear your take on Ives' theory as well as any other thoughts you have on the case.

Do you believe it will ever be resolved?
Old 07-29-2006, 09:20 PM   #7
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

In response to someone mentioning Bill Clinton earlier... I remember getting an e-mail from one of those conspiracy theory groups that talked about all the people who met untimely ends while working for the Clinton administration. I want to say that "The Boys on the Tracks" were included in this list. They stood out to me because they didn't actually work for the Clinton Administration, yet they were allegedly victims of it. In any case, it's interesting.

Anyone else familiar with the e-mail I'm talking about?
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2006, 09:39 PM   #8
DarkDante

I don't remember recieving that email but one allegation levied against Clinton in regard to the cover up on this case is basically being a lap dog for the state medical examiner (at the time) Fahmy Malak.

A few years prior to "The Train Deaths" Bill Clinton's mother was an anesthesiologist who apparently accidentally caused the death of two patients under her care.

The body of the second patient, Susie Deer, was sent to Dr.Malak for autopsy. Malak declared that Kelley was not responsible for the death.

It seems that if you buy into the entire conspiracy theory of corruption in the Arkansas government at the time, Clinton owed Dr. Malak some pretty heavy political favors and Malak was basically granted a "free pass" so to speak to conduct his affairs as the state medical examiner any way he saw fit without having to answer to any type of authority.

He could falsify documents, perjure himself on the witness stand, ignore court orders to reveal evidence and Clinton would politically protect him so that he would not lose his job or have to answer to any legal repercussions for his actions.
Old 07-29-2006, 10:41 PM   #9
Beardsley_Mantooth
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
In response to someone mentioning Bill Clinton earlier... I remember getting an e-mail from one of those conspiracy theory groups that talked about all the people who met untimely ends while working for the Clinton administration. I want to say that "The Boys on the Tracks" were included in this list. They stood out to me because they didn't actually work for the Clinton Administration, yet they were allegedly victims of it. In any case, it's interesting.

Anyone else familiar with the e-mail I'm talking about?
I remember reading that list ages ago it's called "The Clinton Body Count" Kevin and Don seem to always appear on the list along with those key witnesses slain in the aftermath.

http://www.etherzone.com/body.html

and just for comparison the straight snope on the issue (with and interesting theory on Kevin and Dons murder which contradicts Linda Ives theory)

http://www.snopes.com/inboxer/outrage/clinton.htm
Old 07-29-2006, 11:00 PM   #10
DarkDante

^ Thanks for the opposing viewpoint, its actually the first contradictory evidence I've ever heard in relation to Kevin Ives and Don Henry although I do remember reading that someone did confess to Linda Ives through a source that he was involved in the death of her son and it had nothing to do with a drug cover up. This could be related to that.

The problem is in my subjective opinion, I don't buy it - The main thing in my eyes with this case is how if you buy into the conspiracy theory (which I would wager most of us here do from what I've read in the past) the people who took these boys lives actually created more problems for themselves by taking their lives then they wished to solve.

Obviously nobody involved with the alleged drug drop on the tracks that evening initally had any intention of being murderers but Henry and Ives crept up on them out of nowhere and these people hit the old panic button and decided they had to silence any witnesses.

One question that has always swirled around my head about this case and probably doesn't have a real answer is:

"When exactly did Don Henry and Kevin Ives arrive at the tracks when the drug drop was taking place"

If it was before or just after the police officials who were supposedly involved could have easily warded the boys off by cautioning them that "official police business was going on and they were to disperse from the area". There would have been no need for violence of any kind unless the officials were so paranoid word was going to leak out somehow that they had to kill the boys.

The laying of the boys on the railroad tracks was also a stupid move in my opinion based on hopes that the boys being run over by a train would conceal any true cause of death on the bodies along with opening up avenues for accidental death or suicide.

The problem of course was none of this occured because Ives & Henry were not suicidal and they way they alligned the boys on the tracks along with other evidence was inconsistent with an accident. This is all moot of course because several months later Don Henry's true cause of death was determined to be from stab wounds inflicted of course PRIOR to being run over by a train.

Fahmy Malak also made a fine mess of things by trying to conceal Kevin Ives' cause of death by marking his skull in several places during his autopsy. It later also came out that Malak originally was going to rule the boys death a suicide but was informed by a local sheriff who knew the boys, that nobody would believe that. Malak then went on his crusade to paint the scenerio as a couple of doped up teens falling asleep on the railroad tracks.

If these people were truly all involved with "The Train Deaths" we certainly aren't dealing with Rhodes Scholars here by any means.
Old 07-29-2006, 11:47 PM   #11
Beardsley_Mantooth
Occasional Poster

I agree, if you buy into the conspiracy theory you have to wonder why those involved were so sloppy. But perhaps it could be a combination of both conspiracy thoery and a local altercation over over the theft of cocain. Lets say for the sake of theory that the goverment and the drug trade in Mena were working together, it wouldnt be unreasonable to assume that those in power simply didnt want people poking around a drop zone. So lets say the confession is true and it was Criswell who beat them, stabbed them and placed them on the tracks, such a brutal murder is going to draw a lot of unwanted attention. Dr Malak is brought in to rule the deaths an accident with the hopes the that buzz around the incident will go away and the drop zone can go back into operation. Unfortunately, Malak wasnt the best of con men and did such a shabby job covering up the death that his ruling was questioned and thusly begins to uncover the complex conspiracy between Mena and the Arkansas government. The Government in turn begins doing everything they could to cover up the facts, close down hearings and eliminate witnesses.

I just pulled that off the top of my head but it would answer the question of the sloppy murder and the apparent conspiracy that followed in its wake. Afterall if the conspiracy is true it would tie a lot of very important people to Mena. Could the cover up simply have started as diversion to the drop zone and spiraled out of control as they tried to cover there steps, which in the process inadvertantly tied the police to the killings of Ives and Henry?
Old 07-30-2006, 10:57 AM   #12
boco357
Not Muhammad Ali
Frequent Poster

http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/Art...f-d5aa2f0dd7a5

Here's an article by Mara Leveritt, author of Boys on the Tracks, about the dyanmic trio of Campbell, Lane, and Harmon.

As for what I believe happened. I honestly don't think the boys were hunting.
I think they either picked up some drugs or cash from a previous drop. They went back and got caught. I do believe that Harmon, Campbell and Lane were the culprits.

As to my opinion, if it was in another state, more pressure would come down.
Arkansas is a big boys club. This case and the West Memphis Three(Child Murders) to be solved have a major tremendous uphill battle. But now maybe with Campbell being locked up, something can come of this.
boco357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2006, 03:38 AM   #13
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

I believe that drugs were a factor in it somehow. This case bares some similarities to the Norman Ladner case in that it involves a mysterious death of a teenage boy(s) out in the woods hunting at night. I believe there was a UM segment where a police officer said most crimes can be traced back to one of three things, one of them being drugs. I think some people were doing a drug drop, probably figuring that since it was night and night hunting doesn't appear to be particulary common, that there wouldnt' be any witnesses but were suprised to find Ives and Henry walking in on them.

The odds of one boy passing out from drugs, lying on the railroad tracks and not hearing the train is long, but the odds of two boys doing it are extremely unlikely.

I used to love going out into the woods at the house I grew up in. After watching these segments, I'd be terrified.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2009, 10:05 PM   #14
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Someone brought this article to my attention yesterday in the Arkansas Times:

http://arkansastimes.com/Articles/Ar...1-c875aafb0b0f

Interesting...and shady, if you ask me. Note the blurb about "everyone" having forgotten the case.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2009, 01:16 AM   #15
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up
Forum 3K Club Member

If these boys were supposed to be out "night hunting", anyone know exactly what it was they were hunting for?

I know that here in michigan, it's against the law (and was way back before 1987, when these murders happened) to use a light to shine game (deer, etc.) and then shoot the animal at night.

In michigan, we have "legal shooting light". The department of natural resources publishes a calendar with every day of the hunting season noted. On each day, "legal light" is noted, when you can begin shooting. It may seem light enough to shoot, but you have to check your calendar for the time to be sure, so you don't break the law, lose your guns and all your hunting gear, atvs, hunting license, and get a big fine. One day, legal shooting light may be 7:13 am and the next day it may be 7:14 am. That's the rules for waterfowl.

For deer, I think the rule is just "sunrise" or "first light" when it's not dark anymore and you can clearly define your target as a deer and not human, dog, livestock, etc. Not sure on those legalities....

So basically, were these boys on the tracks out poaching (illegally hunting) at night? I know down south, they ain't as picky about shootin varmints are they are here up north. Maybe nobody cared.

But, maybe the cops used it as a way to aprehend the boys, which started them on that slippery slope into the police corruption, drug drop, etc.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote