Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars
HBO Max's Love Life Season 2 Announces Cast; Kevin Hart and Jason Biggs Host Back-to-Back Shows on E!
Peacock's Superfan Episodes of The Office; The Other Two Season 2 Launch Date on New Network HBO Max
Melrose Place Reunion on Fox's New Fantasy Island; Tacoma FD Returns Sept. 16 on truTV
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 19, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Jerry O'Connell Joins the Conversation on The Talk; Norman Lear Sitcoms Arrive on Amazon Prime Video and IMDb TV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-14-2006, 09:04 AM   #46
Dennis Dubois
Frequent Poster

Well, I hope WWOR replaces these shows with other 80s/90s sitcoms, otherwise it'll just be court/talk shows, which is no improvement in my book.
Dennis Dubois is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 09:06 AM   #47
JTC
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Coming week of Sept. 11 to WNYW/WWOR: Still Standing (WWOR), Cristina's Court (WNYW), and Dr. Keith Ablow (both?), so many changes will come I'm sure.
The Parkers, The Nanny, Mad About You are leaving this fall I think. And possibly the Cosby Show hour? Right JTC? That will leave a lot of holes for WWOR to put these shows in. Since they also have One on One and Scrubs coming the week of the 18th.
That sounds right. The Parkers was a 3 year deal and this is it. I guess stations can pay cash for it but that's unlikely. I think the Cosby Show hour is still around for the fall but there are no guarantees WWOR bought it. Yes, Dear might be leaving since their deal was originally 2 years but it might have been extended - I am not really sure.
JTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 10:40 AM   #48
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Icon

Default Fall 2006 Syndication With NYC and Local's

are you saying that there a chance that Yes Dear Could not be airing This Fall at 11:35 pm and Yes Dear at 2:35 am on WVUE FOX 8
Old 08-14-2006, 12:40 PM   #49
NASHMAN
KGW NewsChannel 8
Frequent Poster

Location: Centralia, WA 98532 Halfway between Seattle & Portland on I-5
Another 2 sitcoms that are leaving my stations are Just Shoot Me and Drew Carey. My local affiliates KFRE which is opting to dump Drew for some other show and KUVI is canning JSM for One on One. But what is happening to other stations are they still carrying JSM and Drew? And when will they expire?

Eric's last and final words on T70sS: "SO LONG POINT PLACE!"

Goodbye Ashton and Topher it is great knowing you.
1998-2005

That '70s Show/Will & Grace (1998-2006) Good Night Wisconsin!!!!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...lite_Truck.PNG
KCRA 3 and KQCA 58
We are Where The News Comes First!
NASHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:00 PM   #50
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Icon

Where I Live Just Shoot me is going to be on WUPL My 54
but Drew Carey is Leaveing WUPL
Scoobiedoo30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 01:36 PM   #51
JTC
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by NASHMAN
Another 2 sitcoms that are leaving my stations are Just Shoot Me and Drew Carey. My local affiliates KFRE which is opting to dump Drew for some other show and KUVI is canning JSM for One on One. But what is happening to other stations are they still carrying JSM and Drew? And when will they expire?
Both of these shows (especially Drew Carey) have been in syndication for a while, so it is very likely that either one or both of their contracts are expiring.

I don't know a tremendous amount about this, but I do know that shows are sold in to syndication for certain amounts of time. This time is called a cycle. Many shows only last one cycle but others that are very successful (ie. Seinfeld, Friends, Raymond, etc) have second, third or fifth cycles. Drew Carey is probably finishing up its first cycle and there probably isn't a second cycle because it doesn't do that well anymore and there wouldn't be much interest in it.

However, many shows are available to stations on a "cash only" basis which means they can pay for the rights to air a show and all the advertising is sold by the stations. The shows don't come with built-in advertisements, so the stations can sell their own ads for the entire length of commercial breaks. This could happen with Drew Carey in some markets. To be honest, I am not really sure as this info is rarely released to the public.

Pavanbadal probably knows more about this than me, so he will explain further I am sure.

PS One more quick thing. As many of you realize, the number of quality sitcoms has been decreasing in recent years. This means that shows that are in syndication now like Seinfeld will likely remain there for many years to come. You can see this when Two and a Half Men, which is the highest comedy on TV right now, got big money from Tribune and then FX. A show like The King of Queens, which is a solid performer in syndication (but certainly no Seinfeld or Raymond), just had many stations sign on for a 2nd cycle which won't begin until like 2009.
JTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 02:00 PM   #52
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Icon

Maybe 227 and Benson will replace Just Shoot Me and Drew Carey
Old 08-14-2006, 03:02 PM   #53
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

JTC, you summed it up perfectly. I just found out The Nanny/Mad About You hour is moving to WLNY weekdays 10-11am. So, I guess that block is still alive this fall.
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 04:16 PM   #54
exparm
Occasional Poster

I heard from my FOX/MNTV stations that Yes, Dear and Parkers are out of the markets come this September.
exparm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 06:01 PM   #55
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Icon

Where I Live The Nanny Mad About You Hour is not going to beseen in my arae unless they are switching Stations.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:43 PM   #56
bostonmediaguy
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavanbadal
Week of Sept. 5 from 7:30AM-8:30AM various sitcoms will air because of pre-emptions from the Jerry Lewis telethon on Sept. 4,
Where can we view schedules this far in advance for our local stations? I know TiVo's site used to go three to four weeks in advance, but that ended when they changed the site early in the year.
bostonmediaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2006, 07:48 PM   #57
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Icon

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

Unfortunately, you can't yet. The listings go only two weeks these days. So, we will have to wait a few weeks.
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 12:40 AM   #58
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Icon

Do we know know if Frasier is going to be on any Local Stations
This Fall Now that Frasier is on Lifetime Televison
Old 08-15-2006, 01:23 AM   #59
NASHMAN
KGW NewsChannel 8
Frequent Poster

Location: Centralia, WA 98532 Halfway between Seattle & Portland on I-5

Quote:
Originally Posted by JTC
Both of these shows (especially Drew Carey) have been in syndication for a while, so it is very likely that either one or both of their contracts are expiring.

I don't know a tremendous amount about this, but I do know that shows are sold in to syndication for certain amounts of time. This time is called a cycle. Many shows only last one cycle but others that are very successful (ie. Seinfeld, Friends, Raymond, etc) have second, third or fifth cycles. Drew Carey is probably finishing up its first cycle and there probably isn't a second cycle because it doesn't do that well anymore and there wouldn't be much interest in it.

However, many shows are available to stations on a "cash only" basis which means they can pay for the rights to air a show and all the advertising is sold by the stations. The shows don't come with built-in advertisements, so the stations can sell their own ads for the entire length of commercial breaks. This could happen with Drew Carey in some markets. To be honest, I am not really sure as this info is rarely released to the public.

Pavanbadal probably knows more about this than me, so he will explain further I am sure.

PS One more quick thing. As many of you realize, the number of quality sitcoms has been decreasing in recent years. This means that shows that are in syndication now like Seinfeld will likely remain there for many years to come. You can see this when Two and a Half Men, which is the highest comedy on TV right now, got big money from Tribune and then FX. A show like The King of Queens, which is a solid performer in syndication (but certainly no Seinfeld or Raymond), just had many stations sign on for a 2nd cycle which won't begin until like 2009.
Oh, I see. I spoke with the local programmer and they said that JSM though was supposed to be contracted through next March will be pulled from My45 come September 18th for One on One which will take JSM's 9 AM timeslot folowed by Becker. For Frasier, I've heard it will last until March 2011.
NASHMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2006, 01:40 AM   #60
Scoobiedoo30
Forum Icon

Can someone tell me what channel is Frasier on in New York