Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > General Sitcoms News and Discussion

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Premieres September 8; List of a Lifetime Casts TV Stars
Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-18-2003, 11:13 PM   #1
harryd
Occasional Poster

Default To Pav, What are the comedies coming to syndication in the fall ?

To Pav,
Can you tell what are the comedies coming to syndication this fall.
Attached Images

Old 06-18-2003, 11:48 PM   #2
Sitcomwriter
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Sitcomwriter Send a message via AIM to Sitcomwriter Send a message via Yahoo to Sitcomwriter

The King of Queens and Becker are both coming to syndication.I think that's it but I'm not sure.
Sitcomwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:03 AM   #3
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Location: Linden, NJ (Where Hal Linden got his last name from!)
Send a message via ICQ to Pavan

2003-2004 season syndication:

OFF-NETWORK HALF-HOURS
-America's Funniest Home Videos (Buena Vista, Bergeron edition)
-Becker (Paramount) (Also WGN) (NY: WCBS)
-The Parkers (Paramount) (Also BET) (NY: WWOR)
-King of Queens (Sony) (TBS in '06 also) (NY: WNYW/WWOR)
-Ripley's Believe it or Not (Sony)

OFF-NETWOR WEEKLY HOURS
-Angel (Twentieth) -- (NY: WNYW/WWOR)
-Walker Texas Ranger (Sony)
SitcomsOnline.com DVD Reviews -- We are #1 in reviews!
Pavan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:57 AM   #4
Sitcomwriter
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Veteran

Send a message via ICQ to Sitcomwriter Send a message via AIM to Sitcomwriter Send a message via Yahoo to Sitcomwriter

Does anyone know what's coming in 2004?
Sitcomwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:11 AM   #5
Brett Ferino
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via ICQ to Brett Ferino
Thumbs up

It hasn't been announced for 2004 yet. One thing is that Pavan has the stuff for 2003 above! Hope this helps!
Brett Ferino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 10:27 AM   #6
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

The full list is not out yet for fall 2004. Malcolm in the Middle is coming to locals in fall 2004. Not sure if Girlfriends or Gilmore Girls are going to locals, but Girlfiends goes to BET in 2004 and Gilmore Girls to ABC Family.
Old 06-19-2003, 11:47 AM   #7
JTC
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by pavanbadal
2003-2004 season syndication:

OFF-NETWORK HALF-HOURS
-America's Funniest Home Videos (Buena Vista, Bergeron edition)
-Becker (Paramount) (Also WGN) (NY: WCBS)
-The Parkers (Paramount) (Also BET) (NY: WWOR)
-King of Queens (Sony) (TBS in '06 also) (NY: WNYW/WWOR)
-Ripley's Believe it or Not (Sony)

OFF-NETWOR WEEKLY HOURS
-Angel (Twentieth) (WNYW/WWOR)
-Walker, Texas Ranger (Sony)
Pavanbadal, I know that The King of Queens is going to WNYW in NY and The Parkers are going to WNYW/WWOR in NY. Do you know what stations the others shows, especially Becker, are going to? I'm betting WPIX for Becker. I'm glad CBS ordered 13 new episodes of Becker. Even if they all don't air on CBS, they will air in syndication.

Also, in response to 2003 and 2004 on the cable front, Steve Harvey goes to TBS in October 2003 and Everybody Loves Raymond goes to TBS sometime in 2004. (I know these have been posted previously on other boards.)
JTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2003, 12:10 PM   #8
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally posted by JTC
Pavanbadal, I know that The King of Queens is going to WNYW in NY and The Parkers are going to WNYW/WWOR in NY. Do you know what stations the others shows, especially Becker, are going to? I'm betting WPIX for Becker. I'm glad CBS ordered 13 new episodes of Becker. Even if they all don't air on CBS, they will air in syndication.

Also, in response to 2003 and 2004 on the cable front, Steve Harvey goes to TBS in October 2003 and Everybody Loves Raymond goes to TBS sometime in 2004. (I know these have been posted previously on other boards.)
I think King of Queens will air on WNYW, The Parkers on WWOR and Becker on WCBS. As for the first run stuff, I posted that somewhere and will dig it up right now...

Yeah, Raymond is starting on a weird month on TBS, July 2004.
Old 06-19-2003, 12:28 PM   #9
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

TALK
-Ask Rita (Litton): Jan. 27, 2003 launch -- WABC
-Ellen DeGeneres (Warner Bros.) -- WNBC
-Fergie (Universal) (Canned until Jan. 2004)
-Living it Up! With Ali & Jack (King World) -- WCBS
-Sharon Osbourne (Telepictures) -- WPIX

REALITY
-Starting Over (NBC Enterprises) -- WNBC

WEEKLY HOURS
-The Talent Agency (Western International)
-Unexplained Mysteries (Paramount) -- WCBS

WEEKLY HALF HOURS
-America's Moving To ... (Mansfield Television Distribution)
-Cosmogirl! (Hearst)
-Missing (Telco)

No idea about the weekly half hours and hours, still no word on AFHV, Angel, and Ripley's. Do you know anything on those JTC? (I know Angel also goes to TNT this fall.)
Old 06-19-2003, 01:01 PM   #10
JTC
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally posted by pavanbadal
TALK
-Ask Rita (Litton): Jan. 27, 2003 launch -- WABC
-Ellen DeGeneres (Warner Bros.) -- WNBC
-Fergie (Universal) (Canned until Jan. 2004)
-Living it Up! With Ali & Jack (King World) -- WCBS
-Sharon Osbourne (Telepictures) -- WPIX

REALITY
-Starting Over (NBC Enterprises) -- WNBC

WEEKLY HOURS
-The Talent Agency (Western International)
-Unexplained Mysteries (Paramount) -- WCBS

WEEKLY HALF HOURS
-America's Moving To ... (Mansfield Television Distribution)
-Cosmogirl! (Hearst)
-Missing (Telco)

No idea about the weekly half hours and hours, still no word on AFHV, Angel, and Ripley's. Do you know anything on those JTC? (I know Angel also goes to TNT this fall.)
I'm not sure about any of these. I saw a release about Ripley's being cleared in 75% of the nation, but nothing about NY was mentioned. It was cleared on KCAL in LA.
Old 06-20-2003, 11:25 AM   #11
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator
Forum Veteran

I can't wait to watch "The Parkers" on syndie-- I've always been a fan of that show for some odd reason. The rest of the other comedies don't catch my attention.

I'm also looking forward to Sharon Osbourne's talk show, she always has something to say. Hasn't "Ripley's" always been on syndication before?... I swear I've seen it on K-CAL.
SBTB Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2003, 02:38 AM   #12
Will and Grace Fanatic
be happy

The Parkers? That's great I love that show.
Old 06-27-2003, 10:58 AM   #13
JTC
Frequent Poster

I read somewhere a few weeks ago about two shows coming to syndication for a trial run on the FOX O&O's. They are not sitcoms, but might displace sitcoms. The shows are "Classmates" and "Ambush Makeover." They seem to be airing together. In LA, they are airing in the morning back-to-back on KTTV, starting July 7. I just saw a commercial on WWOR a few hours ago for "Classmates" to begin on July 7 at 6PM. I'm assuming "Ambush Makeover" will air at 6:30PM. "Steve Harvey" and "The Hughleys" might be moving to other times. All of the TV listings don't show this change, but they might have just determined when these shows will be airing.

I just noticed that Pavanbadal posted about Classmates as a weekly, but I'm pretty sure it is airing 5 days a week (for now anyway)
Old 07-01-2003, 01:46 PM   #14
Pavan
SO News/Reviews Director
Administrator
Forum Celebrity

Here is the Classmates release, it will just be for the rest of the summer (until end of Sept.):

'Classmates' Television Strip to Launch July 7 Featuring Real-Life Reunion Stories; 'Classmates' Series to Debut With 65 Episodes in 25 Major Markets and Reach 45% of Total U.S. Households

LOS ANGELES and RENTON, Wash., July 1 -- Twentieth Television
and Classmates Online, Inc., operator of http://www.classmates.com, the leading online community that connects more than 35 million members with friends, family, military and work colleagues, through its subsidiary Classmates Media, Inc., today jointly announced the July 7 debut of "Classmates (TM), the television show. "Classmates" will feature real-life reunion stories of Classmates.com members captured live on camera. The 13-week test strip will air five-days-a-week on FOX owned-and-operated stations in 25 major markets, reaching 45% of total U.S. households.

"Lost loves, birth parent and child introductions, team reunions, old friends and second chances are just some of the amazing and inspirational real-life Classmates.com member stories captured on tape in the first 65 episodes of the 'Classmates' television show," said Michael Smith, Chief
Executive Officer and President of Classmates Online, Inc. and Classmates Media, Inc.

"We are thrilled to debut 'Classmates' in 25 major markets at launch and being able to test and fine-tune broadcasts in different day parts including morning, early-fringe, access and late-fringe," said Bob Cook, President and Chief Operating Officer of Twentieth Television. "Station clearances for 'Classmates' include New York's WWOR at 6 p.m., Los Angeles' KTTV at 10 a.m.,
Chicago's WFLD at midnight, Philadelphia's WTZF at 6 p.m., Boston's WFXT at 5:30 p.m., Dallas' KDFW at 10 a.m., Houston's KTXH at 10 p.m. and Detroit's WJBK at 6:30 p.m."
"Among the most exciting elements of the 'Classmates' shows are the untold stories that have not yet been submitted," added Smith. "Everyone who has attended school, had a job or served in the military can go online to ClassmatesTV.com to register for free and submit their story of a reunion that they would like to see happen. The best stories will continue to be selected,
filmed and featured on future episodes of 'Classmates.'"

"Classmates" Television Show Markets & Stations The "Classmates" television show will air on 25 stations in major markets including the following cities on the following stations at launch. Check local listings for air times. The schedule of cities and television station clearances includes:

City Station

New York WWOR/UPN
Los Angeles KTTV/FOX
Chicago WFLD/FOX
Philadelphia WTXF/FOX
Boston WFXT/FOX
Dallas & Fort Worth KDFW/FOX
Washington DC WTTG/FOX
Atlanta WAGA/FOX
Detroit WJBK/FOX
Houston KTXH/UPN
Tampa WTVT/FOX
Minneapolis/ & Saint Paul WFTC/UPN
Cleveland & Akron WJW/FOX
Phoenix KUTP/UPN
Denver KDVR/FOX
Orlando, Daytona Beach & Melbourne WOFL/FOX
Saint Louis KTVI/FOX
Baltimore WUTB/UPN
Milwaukee WITI/FOX
Kansas City KDAF/FOX
Salt Lake City KSTU/FOX
Birmingham & Tuscaloosa WBRC/FOX
Memphis WHBQ/FOX
Greensboro, H. Point & W. Salem WGHP/FOX
Austin KTBC/FOX

"Classmates" is produced by Classmates Media, Inc., Pipeline Entertainment and Small Cages Productions, Inc. in association with FOXLAB and Twentieth Television, Inc., under the watchful eye of President of Program Development, Robb Dalton and Vice President of Production, Daniel Tibbets. David Armour serves as Executive Producer and showrunner, in concert with Executive
Producers Matt Papish and Glen Freyer.
Old 07-01-2003, 03:11 PM   #15
factsoflife
Forum Veteran

Moesha is coming to TBS sometime in the fall, it was supposed to debut in July but they kept pushing it back. i'll bet we'll see it in September or October 2003.