Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-23-2003, 02:55 PM   #1
bebe_23
Occasional Poster

Default Eric Tamiyasu

I recently saw another episode, this one about eric tamiyasu. He had been on a date with a woman, they were hanging out at his house and both had heard a weird tapping noise and then the doorbell rang later. Eric and his date went to check it out, they heard footsteps, but didn't see anyone. The next morning, his friend Don Dixon came to check on him and found his burned body on his bed. The sheriff decided to dispose of eric's bed, by burning it, because his reasoning was he didnt' want to 'cause anymore pain for the Tamiyasu family. Turned out that Eric had been shot twice in the head.
the interesting thing about this case was that there are three suspects:

Don Dixon: Who had called himself eric's close friend and confidante. He was the one who discovered eric's body and had called eric's sister Ramona to tell her of the unfortunate news. The weird thing was, he had told Ramona something like there were no exit wounds. She had thought it was odd, because how had Don known that eric was shot? Second, according to another suspect, he had said that no one had heard of Don Dixon and the way that Eric had described Don, was that Don was just someone he bought sprays from, for his orchard farm. So it seems like Don is not as close to Eric as he claimed he is.

Second suspect, Eric (cant' recall the last name)~ according to Don, this Eric guy was someone that Tamiyasu had had some business dealings with. Both men had participated in investing equally in a used car business, which was a bad investment and then one day, Don claims he overheard Eric and Tamiyasu arguing up a storm about a business deal, something about Eric doing something unethical. This suspect claims there was no argument and that it's all in Don's head. Said he and Tamiyasu were very close.

Third suspect-the sheriff~ He had been the one who had ordered that Eric's beddings be burned, for the sake of the Tamiyasu family. Seems suspicious, considering, the bed was the only lead to a solid piece of evidence. Another thing, according to Don, Eric had confided in him that he was seeing a Polynesian woman. Coincidentally (or not), the only Polynesian woman in the area was the Sheriff's wife. Could the sheriff had found out about the affair somehow and decided to take matters into his own hands?

What do you guys think of this? Who do you speculate could have done this to Eric Tamiyasu?
bebe_23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2003, 02:16 PM   #2
Big3sCompanyFan
Banned
Banned!!

Godzookie!!

Big3sCompanyFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 04:07 PM   #3
mercy1825
Frequent Poster

I wonder why no posts have been made regarding this case. This case is on the bizarre murders DVD and to me, it seems that Don Dixon is the most suspicious of the three suspects. PLEASE, If anyone has any links or posts about this, let me know. I am surprised that more debate hasn't presented itself on this message board about this case. Any thoughts on why?
mercy1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:28 PM   #4
Kane
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy1825
I wonder why no posts have been made regarding this case. This case is on the bizarre murders DVD and to me, it seems that Don Dixon is the most suspicious of the three suspects. PLEASE, If anyone has any links or posts about this, let me know. I am surprised that more debate hasn't presented itself on this message board about this case. Any thoughts on why?
Maybe we've been too focused on other cases? Just a thought.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 06:36 PM   #5
mercy1825
Frequent Poster

Do you have a theory Kane?
mercy1825 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 08:27 PM   #6
Kane
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Do you have a theory Kane?
Well, I can tell you that it was very suspicious that Sheriff Joe Wampler would have the bed destroyed. It was claimed that this was done to spare Tamiyasu's family the stress of viewing the horrid items that were left behind at the scene of his death. If you ask me, that is nothing short of nonsense. I think the real reason the bed was detroyed was because it contained incriminating evidence. I think Wampler and Don Dixon both played a role in Eric Tamiyasu's death.

In any case, Tamiyasu had to have been killed by someone he knew. Investigators speculate that the killer knew the location of the Tamiyasu home, and its layout.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2005, 09:18 PM   #7
DeeeNah
Occasional Poster

I would think the sheriff is a very probable susupect due to the fact that as a low enforcement officer he should know the importance of evidence and by DESTROYING the most impt piece of evidence, I would think it points to his guilt. I wonder if the detectives working on this case have questioned him.
DeeeNah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2005, 09:38 PM   #8
The_Urban_Prince
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeeeNah
I wonder if the detectives working on this case have questioned him.
i highly doubt it lol...........when cops are implicated,other cops verry rarely press the issue of said cop's guilt.
The_Urban_Prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2005, 05:04 PM   #9
dragonfly333221
Occasional Poster

I personally knew Eric, he was a close family friend. It has been bothering me since he was murdered. Don Dixon is my number one suspect because one- he said " I even helped Eric install his security alarm. Eric and I were the only ones who knew the code." When Eric was murdered the alarm didn't go off. Two- if I was told to burn Eric's bedding I would have said no because he was a friend and it was truley stupid. Three- my cousin was one of Eric's best friends for over 30 years and not once did he hear the name Don Dixon until Eric was murdered. I was suspicious of Wampler until the funeral. Dixon said so much stuff that made me turn to him. I even have it on tape. It took 5 days til Eric's body was found. Of course Dixon said he was the last person to see Eric alive and what do you know, he was also the one who found him.
dragonfly333221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 08:51 AM   #10
Mr.Clairvoyant
Frequent Poster

well now this is a rather weird case to begin with, with no obvious motives for this man to be dead kind of makes it hard to speculate on a suspect.. in truth all of the named individuals can be considered persons of interest.. One thing for sure is that you can most definitely believe that the police officials handling this case made a mess of that. And one would have to wonder 'WHY" perhaps that police chief is more than meets the eye if I had to name a suspect he would be my focal person of interest! But then again they all willingly took lie detector test except Mr. Dixon wonder what he has to hide so? Perhaps he is the killer! and is hiding behind the ruse of being a friend that is morning.
Mr.Clairvoyant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2005, 01:56 PM   #11
dragonfly333221
Occasional Poster

Dixon was, the only one who refused a lie detector test out of all the suspects, also one of the only people in this town with the kind of gun used to kill eric. I don't trust Wampler but I know that Dixon is a lot more suspicious
dragonfly333221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 PM   #12
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

This is a strange case, mostly for the lack of an idetified motive for the most interesting suspect: Don Dixon. Dixon is of special interest if we can take Eric's sister at her word, and assume Dixon did make the strange comment about looking for bullet holes immediately after finding the body. But the UM segment doesn't even suggest a reason why Don Dixon might have wanted Eric dead that I recall.

The sherriff evidently took a lie detector test (not sure if he passed), but his decision to allow the person who discovered the body to burn the bed the body was on is also very, very suspiscious in my opinion. What is striking to me is that he was not even fired for this! At best, this was an egregious lapse in judgement and a violation of standard police procedure. Even if he is totally innocent, how can he be allowed to keep his job as head of even a small police force?

The third suspect who was identified seems the least likely to be involved of the three, and financial records appeared to clear him of any "substantial" motive (if Eric owed him money, it was less than $20,000). People have been killed for less, to be sure, but... they were friends for a long time, and killing him doesn't get the friend his money back. Doesn't add up.

The segment leads off, of course, with Eric and the woman (I forget her name off hand) having a first date at Eric's house, and while that is going on there is tapping coming at doors and windows from an unidentified person. They never really get into it, but I'd like to know the background of this woman a little bit: who were her last two or three boyfriends? Any chance any of them, in a jealous rage, followed her out there, waited for her to leave, and then gained access to Eric's house and shot him while he slept? That scenario seems at least as likely to me as any of the others UM presented.

I also wondered if it could have been a racially motivated thing: if someone was harassing the two of them while they were in Eric's house simply because he was Asian and she was white, and then killed him for it after she left. I think this is also a viable possibility.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonfly333221
Dixon was, the only one who refused a lie detector test out of all the suspects, also one of the only people in this town with the kind of gun used to kill eric. I don't trust Wampler but I know that Dixon is a lot more suspicious
I don't suppose we'll be hearing from this poster again, since he only has three posts and the last was in November 2005, but I'd like to know on what authority he has this. It seems to me, if it is true, they would have enough probable cause to get a search warrant, get the gun, and test it against the slug found in Eric's head. Of course, maybe the gun is missing and was only registered to Mr. Dixon, but I guess we'll never know.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 02:15 AM   #13
Chris Billings
Frequent Poster

Hi Everyone:

Just a quick side note, did anyone else see Sheriff Joe Wampler on TV recently?

Sheriff Wampler appeared on CNN and other national programs giving status reports on the highly publicized search for missing CNET editor James Kim and his family. So, Mr. Wampler has obviously not been charged and convicted for Eric's murder.

Christopher
Chris Billings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2007, 12:42 AM   #14
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Didn't see that, but it's good to know. Actually, it's bad to know. He should be F-I-R-E-D FIRED!

And possibly arrested on suspiscion of murder.
mozartpc27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 01:12 AM   #15
CanadianUMFan
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I just watched this case for the first time on the DVD last night and my first instinct was that Dixon was the one who did it because he was the one telling stories about the other two suspects - i.e. Dixon was supposedly told by Eric that he was dating an older Polynesian woman, the only one in the area being the sheriff's wife, and then the argument that he supposedly witnessed between the other suspect and Eric. The only thing that troubles me about Dixon is that I don't know what his motive would be. I also agree with others on here that the sheriff was incompetent as it relates to this case.
CanadianUMFan is offline   Reply With Quote