Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-13-2021, 03:15 PM   #16
Fletch
Cabin fever
Frequent Poster

Oh man... I wonder if they found a body.

"Sheriff Ian Parkinson scheduled a news conference at 2 p.m. at the Cal Poly campus to discuss “major developments in the investigation” into Smart’s disappearance.”

“Investigators served another search warrant Tuesday at the home of Ruben Flores about 15 miles (24 kilometers) south of the university on California’s Central Coast, KSBY-TV reported. They appeared to be disassembling a deck outside the home and the sound of power saws and drills could be heard whining in the background.”

https://twitter.com/ap/status/1382045852911419392?s=21
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:24 PM   #17
LuMaria
WNYX NewsRadio
Occasional Poster

Wow! I just watched this segment again a couple of days ago and did some research. I was so bummed to see he still hadn't been arrested. I'm glad this finally happened.
LuMaria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:53 PM   #18
StackTime
Here's the kicker Frank
Frequent Poster

About damn time.
StackTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 05:05 PM   #19
Fletch
Cabin fever
Frequent Poster

Live presser:

https://www.ksby.com/live
Old 04-13-2021, 06:25 PM   #20
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by JM View Post
Glad there will finally be some justice for her.

She would've been 44 this year, same age as myself (I actually turn 45 this month).

I can't get over the fact that her father had a role in the disappearance. Unbelievable that a parent would cover up a murder but... certainly not the first time.
HIS father
Old 04-13-2021, 06:29 PM   #21
Latka Gravas
Frequent Poster

Alright, more info. has come regarding this. It looks like they still haven't found the body, but have found other physical evidence that links PF to her disappearance.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/04/13/us/pa...ase/index.html

I really hope they throw the book at this piece of garbage. It's been a long time coming.
Latka Gravas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:15 PM   #22
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka Gravas View Post
Alright, more info. has come regarding this. It looks like they still haven't found the body, but have found other physical evidence that links PF to her disappearance.
Remember in the podcast when they talked about her watch? I wonder if that is it...
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 07:50 PM   #23
Latka Gravas
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
Remember in the podcast when they talked about her watch? I wonder if that is it...
Yes - I posted about this previously in another KS thread:

One of the most unsettling things mentioned was a very strange event that occurred not long after KS's disappearance: In the back of PF's parents' rental house, the couple renting the place heard a beeping (that sounded like a watch alarm) at around 4:20am/4:30am every morning, which would regularly wake them up. They were never able to locate the source of the beeping, and eventually it stopped (almost certainly because the battery died). As it turned out, KS had set her alarm to wake her up @ around that same time every morning due to her lifeguarding job. Creepy as hell.

Also very suspicious was the earring found on the rental property, with what looked like dried blood on the surface.

Last edited by Latka Gravas; 04-13-2021 at 08:24 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 03:40 AM   #24
Zero
Frequent Poster

Here’s another news report from L.A.

https://cbsloc.al/2RtgdC9
Old 04-14-2021, 08:42 AM   #25
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
YES! The Lambert podcast was excellent and very informative, but also hard to listen to when you learned how much more Paul Flores did and how horrible his family was. There were so many times that I listened to episodes of the podcast and actually yelled out loud, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE F***ING KIDDING ME!" That whole family is trash.
This cannot be echoed enough in regards to the parents. The podcast was an eye opener because it covered major warning signs in Paul that preceded Kristin's disappearance that mom and dad willfully ignored.

In middle school, when Paul beat the living tar out of a kid half his size who finally decided to stand up to him for all his endless bullying, the kid nearly had to be put on life support. The school advised Ruben and Susan Flores that Paul needed to talk to someone professional to get his anger issues under control. The parents angrily refuted that advice.

Likewise, when the date rape allegations happened in high school, they were too quick to write off every girl who accused him. If it happened just once, I think it might be a little easier to probably convince yourself that your son could never do such a thing. But when it happens again? And then again? You are now choosing to ignore reality.

This is exactly why Paul turned in to the pathetic mess of a human being he is now. An entire adolescence of pounding it in his head that any mistake, any bad thing he does is always someone else's fault. It's like a guidebook on how to create the sociopaths of tomorrow. Lord only knows what Paul told his parents after killing Kristin and the mind games they must have played in their heads to make this HER fault for getting killed.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 09:26 AM   #26
Latka Gravas
Frequent Poster

Agree with all of the above post. PF is a bullying, murdering, entitled piece of garbage that thought he could get away with doing whatever he wanted over the years - and his scum-bag parents enabled him.

Thankfully - despite it taking 25 years for him to get arrested for this crime, it's evident that KS's disappearance & his being the only suspect continued to negatively affect him over the years. It affected his employment (businesses would sometimes fire him after finding out who he was) & probably his personal relationships as well, etc.

I find it interesting - but unfortunately not surprising - that CL's podcast was almost certainly what led directly to this arrest. And CL has no connection to local LE - but, he did an incredible amount of work & research on this case. IMHO he's the person who's more responsible for this outcome than anyone else out there.

Last edited by Latka Gravas; 04-14-2021 at 12:57 PM.
Old 04-14-2021, 11:18 AM   #27
Wawwie
Forum Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka Gravas View Post
To anyone who's followed the case, it's fairly clear what happened here.
Can you please describe a brief summary of the case in detail?
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:23 AM   #28
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie View Post
Can you please describe a brief summary of the case in detail?
https://unsolvedmysteries.fandom.com/wiki/Kristin_Smart

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Disapp..._Kristin_Smart
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 11:36 AM   #29
Wawwie
Forum Fanatic

Thank you for the links. Very interesting.
Wawwie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2021, 02:38 PM   #30
Fletch
Cabin fever
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wawwie View Post
Thank you for the links. Very interesting.
Honestly, check out the In Your Own Backyard podcast - it is excellent and will tell you everything you need to know about this case.