Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-13-2021, 12:37 PM   #1
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Default Paul Flores arrested in the disappearance of Kristin Smart

Paul Flores has FINALLY been arrested for the disappearance of Kristin Smart. You can read about it here. Paul's father, Ruben, was also taken into custody and another search warrant is being executed.

What a week (and year) this has been for old cases... I hope this P.O.S. gets what is coming to him, and hopefully this brings some small measure of comfort to Kristin's family and friends.

(Thanks once again to RobinW for posting the article on Twitter.)
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:57 PM   #2
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Thank God!
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:06 PM   #3
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller View Post
I hope this P.O.S. gets what is coming to him
Calling him a P.O.S. is being too generous.

Wow...just wow. This is so long overdue. So many horribly, disgusting people FINALLY getting their comeuppance in just the last 6 weeks alone. It's truly amazing.

Also happy to hear that Ruben Flores was also arrested. By why not mom? No way she didn't have a hand AND a say in hiding evidence over the years.

This is a good day.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:07 PM   #4
Latka Gravas
Frequent Poster

It's about g-damn time. PF & his father (and possibly his mother) are ALL liable for the disappearance & death of KS. He did it, and they aided him and/or covered for him. To anyone who's followed the case, it's fairly clear what happened here.

Too bad it took 25 years. I hope they have enough to keep this scum-bag in jail for a long time to come. Here's hoping he gets life without parole.

That all being said, I wonder what evidence they have against him?!

I find it interesting that PF's parents stayed in the same general area over the years - instead of moving away due to all the public rancor against them. A lot of this was probably due to the fact that they didn't want LE coming in (if they had moved) and searching their houses/surrounding areas for evidence.

I strongly suspect the excellent podcast by Chris Lambert had at least something to do with this arrest. One of the many telling events in the podcast was that KS's parents blocked PF's joining the military (Navy, IIRC) in late 1996. This was to keep him from leaving town & disappearing from the public eye.

Last edited by Latka Gravas; 04-13-2021 at 02:51 PM.
Latka Gravas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:08 PM   #5
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

Orange Sock murders, Roger Dean and now this. What a wild year so far.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:11 PM   #6
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
By why not mom?
IIRC, on the podcast "Your Own Backyard", it was revealed that Ruben was with Paul in the days following Kristin's disappearance, but the mother was out of town.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:47 PM   #7
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

Beyond happy to hear this and anxiously awaiting the press conference. I really hope Kristin is found where they're excavating so her family can have some amount of closure. And of course, I hope the book is thrown at Paul and his father.
WishfulDreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:48 PM   #8
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latka Gravas View Post
It's about g-damn time. PF & his parents are ALL liable for the disappearance & death of KS. He did it, and they aided him. To anyone who's followed the case, it's fairly clear what happened here.

Too bad it took 25 years. I hope they have enough to keep this scum-bag in jail for a long time to come. Here's hoping he gets life without parole.

I find it interesting that PF's parents stayed in the same general area over the years. A lot of this was probably due to the fact that they didn't want LE coming in (if they had moved) and searching their houses/surrounding areas for evidence.

I strongly suspect the excellent podcast by Chris Lambert had at least something to do with this arrest. One of the many telling events in the podcast was that KS's parents blocked PF's joining the military (Navy, IIRC) in late 1996. This was to keep him from leaving town & disappearing from the public eye.
The fact that there were three different search warrants served in less than a year seemed promising, but I didn't want to let my hopes up.

The stuff I learned through Lambert's podcast made me hate this family more than I already did.

Multiple girls in high school accused Paul of raping them after he gave them the date rape drug. When they went to the police, he always shot back that the sex was consensual and he was never punished. There's not a doubt in my mind that he gave Kristin the date rape drug at that frat party and was prepared to use the "consensual" excuse once again if she had reported him, but this time she ended up dead. Despite her drug induced state, she put up a fight.

Lock him up for life and throw away the key.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:54 PM   #9
Fletch
Cabin fever
Frequent Poster

YESSSSS!!!!

Now let's get a conviction on this a-hole.
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 01:55 PM   #10
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
IIRC, on the podcast "Your Own Backyard", it was revealed that Ruben was with Paul in the days following Kristin's disappearance, but the mother was out of town.
Yep. I have the feeling his mother knows what happened but it would be difficult to prove that unless Paul or Ruben testify against her, and we know that won't happen. Like you said, Ruben was with Paul during the time this all went down and there is a lot of evidence that Ruben played a very active role in disposing of Kristin's body and covering up what Paul did.
Old 04-13-2021, 01:55 PM   #11
Zero
Frequent Poster

https://ktla.com/news/local-news/san...kristin-smart/
Old 04-13-2021, 01:57 PM   #12
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
The stuff I learned through Lambert's podcast made me hate this family more than I already did.

Multiple girls in high school accused Paul of raping them after he gave them the date rape drug. When they went to the police, he always shot back that the sex was consensual and he was never punished. There's not a doubt in my mind that he gave Kristin the date rape drug at that frat party and was prepared to use the "consensual" excuse once again if she had reported him, but this time she ended up dead. Despite her drug induced state, she put up a fight.

Lock him up for life and throw away the key.
YES! The Lambert podcast was excellent and very informative, but also hard to listen to when you learned how much more Paul Flores did and how horrible his family was. There were so many times that I listened to episodes of the podcast and actually yelled out loud, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE F***ING KIDDING ME!" That whole family is trash.

There isn't a punishment that would equal the suffering Paul has caused, but yeah, locking him up for life (and hopefully his dad, too) is a good start.
Old 04-13-2021, 02:34 PM   #13
Necco

It’s about time.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 02:55 PM   #14
Latka Gravas
Frequent Poster

Quote:
YES! The Lambert podcast was excellent and very informative, but also hard to listen to when you learned how much more Paul Flores did and how horrible his family was. There were so many times that I listened to episodes of the podcast and actually yelled out loud, "YOU'VE GOT TO BE F***ING KIDDING ME!" That whole family is trash.

There isn't a punishment that would equal the suffering Paul has caused, but yeah, locking him up for life (and hopefully his dad, too) is a good start.
Agreed. Many of the heinous things PF did that were revealed in the podcast included:

-PF almost killed a kid in middle school, after the kid justifiably tried to fight back due to PF having bullied him for a long time prior to that.

-PF stalking multiple women over many years, and not taking no for an answer, etc.

Quote:
Yep. I have the feeling his mother knows what happened but it would be difficult to prove that unless Paul or Ruben testify against her, and we know that won't happen. Like you said, Ruben was with Paul during the time this all went down and there is a lot of evidence that Ruben played a very active role in disposing of Kristin's body and covering up what Paul did.
Agreed.

Quote:
Despite her drug induced state, she put up a fight.
Yes. Also in the podcast, CL interviewed an Australian student who had been going to the college (where this happened) at the time. He reported that he was riding his bicycle late at night/early in the morning when KS was last seen, and had seen a man & woman matching PF & KS's descriptions struggling inside of a lit-up building. Though this is not definitive proof of what happened, IMHO it's fairly significant.

Last edited by Latka Gravas; 04-13-2021 at 04:00 PM.
Latka Gravas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 03:04 PM   #15
JM
Frequent Poster

Glad there will finally be some justice for her.

She would've been 44 this year, same age as myself (I actually turn 45 this month).

I can't get over the fact that his father had a role in the disappearance. Unbelievable that a parent would cover up a murder but... certainly not the first time.

Last edited by JM; 04-14-2021 at 06:47 PM.
JM is offline   Reply With Quote