Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Manifest Cancellation Being Reconsidered; American Housewife Sold for Broadcast Syndication
Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars
HBO Max's Love Life Season 2 Announces Cast; Kevin Hart and Jason Biggs Host Back-to-Back Shows on E!
Peacock's Superfan Episodes of The Office; The Other Two Season 2 Launch Date on New Network HBO Max
Melrose Place Reunion on Fox's New Fantasy Island; Tacoma FD Returns Sept. 16 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-16-2020, 06:23 PM   #181
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook View Post
I got that from Crystal Dawn's blog:

"The police started an investigation and it was reported there were sightings of Judy Smith around Asheville in the days after she had went missing from Philadelphia. Two of the sightings strangely said Judy was driving a gray sedan filled with boxes and bags. One sighting was near the campground where her remains were found. The woman asked if she could spend the night there in her car. When she was told she could not, she left the area.
"

I don't think she was going to make her life there. I think she went for a brief vacation just to getaway. She seemed close with her daughter, and was still wearing her wedding ring. I think this was just a temporary getaway.
Ah.. Ok.. Well, I can get behind the 'getaway' idea.. That ran through my head as well. But if that's the case.. That takes my estimation of her as a person overall WAY down.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2020, 09:35 PM   #182
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
But if that's the case.. That takes my estimation of her as a person overall WAY down.
It actually makes me question her husband's character more than hers. Why would a grown woman feel as though she has to basically run away just to travel alone? An over-bearing husband.

It's possible that her husband was over-bearing and smothering and she probably knew that he would reject the idea of her going hiking alone, and probably pressured her into going to the conference even if she didn't want to
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2020, 04:12 PM   #183
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook View Post
It actually makes me question her husband's character more than hers. Why would a grown woman feel as though she has to basically run away just to travel alone? An over-bearing husband.

It's possible that her husband was over-bearing and smothering and she probably knew that he would reject the idea of her going hiking alone, and probably pressured her into going to the conference even if she didn't want to
I'm the opposite.. I'm with you up until the part about running away and not telling your other family or anything. That's just a crap move.

That's saying I don't care if he gets worried, I don't care if my family worries about me. I could understand it SLIGHTLY more if he were beating her, she feared for her safety.. But.. That certainly doesn't appear to be the case here.. From the sound of it, there was no physical abuse and she'd have just had to take ten steps to get away from it if there were.
Old 12-18-2020, 10:20 AM   #184
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by Labonte18 View Post
I'm the opposite.. I'm with you up until the part about running away and not telling your other family or anything. That's just a crap move.

That's saying I don't care if he gets worried, I don't care if my family worries about me. I could understand it SLIGHTLY more if he were beating her, she feared for her safety.. But.. That certainly doesn't appear to be the case here.. From the sound of it, there was no physical abuse and she'd have just had to take ten steps to get away from it if there were.
Generally I'd agree, but in the segment it said that her and her husband had been fighting alot so she might've just wanted some alone time without fighting. Perhaps she thought that if she told her daughter that she'd let it leak out to her husband and he'd be down there trying to get her back home

Also she could've been facing major depression and figured people would try to stop her from leaving. I agree that she was inconsiderate to not let her family know, but I think there's a reason why she didn't

I don't know how her mental state was or what she was going through at the time so I can't say I think bad about her as a person
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 12:57 PM   #185
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Here is my latest article. It wasn't featured on Unsolved Mysteries, but honestly it would have been the perfect case for them to cover. What started out as a surprising missing persons case, years later would have an ending that absolutely no one expected or could believe. Check it out!

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/david-...ntry-conundrum
Old 01-31-2021, 01:23 PM   #186
Killarney Rose
Frequent Poster

Thank you for posting your blog. Your posts are always so well thought out and well written. I really look forward to them.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2021, 01:56 PM   #187
JC1957
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarney Rose View Post
Thank you for posting your blog. Your posts are always so well thought out and well written. I really look forward to them.
Same here.

I usually drop what I'm doing to read them.
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2021, 08:23 PM   #188
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

I just finished reading your latest blog entry CD, and wanted to give you a shout out! The David Glenn Lewis case is just wild IMO. In some ways, it reminds me of the inexplicable (and completely exasperating IMO) death of Blair Adams, especially with regards to Lewis's unusual movements and possible travel plans immediately prior to his disappearance.

I almost have to wonder if there may have been some undiagnosed mental health problems at play here. Please understand, I'm absolutely NOT making any judgements or insinuations about Lewis's mental state...I'm simply trying to consider all possibilities. As a matter of fact, my cousin tragically took her own life last year, taking my family completely by surprise. She was such a beautiful, kind hearted young lady, who was married with two small children and her whole life ahead of her. It wasn't until after the fact, that we learned she was apparently struggling with some severe mental health difficulties. Now that I've seen first hand how some of these issues can suddenly manifest themselves, I can better understand how they may affect others out there. At any rate, it was another compelling article CD. Job well done...again!! :-)
BlueGalexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2021, 06:09 PM   #189
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Thank you so much BlueGalexy, JC1957 and Kilarney Rose. Your kind words mean so much to me!

BlueGalexy, I completely agree with you about David Glenn Lewis but feel like I'm in the minority. He wasn't acting normal for a few days before he went missing and where he ultimately ended up made no sense. Definitely think some kind of mental struggle was at play.

Okay here is my latest entry. I had never heard of this case until recently but was completely shocked when I heard the details and knew I wanted to write about it.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/nichol...ay-a-cruel-con

Also recently I was once again honored to ask to appear on the great "Unfound" podcast where we talk about the Nyleen Kay Marshall case. Here is the link to that.
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQIBhAF&ep=6
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2021, 12:28 PM   #190
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

I just like doing a running commentary when I'm reading these..

Quote:
thought he was 13 going on 30 and at such a young age already had 3 tattoos
Boy needed an ass whoopin' is what he needed.

Quote:
When Nicholas never returned that day, the family was understandably very worried. According to his mother, his disappearance didn’t make the news. No one seemed to care but his family.
Hate to sound cruel here, but.. You reap what you sow. Kid like this, in the first 24/48 hours.. Noone is going to be looking hard for him.

Quote:
It was reported by his brother Jason in September of the same year (just a few months after his disappearance) that Nicholas was trying to break in to their garage. However, when police arrived, they couldn’t find Nicholas or any signs of a break-in so that couldn’t be considered a valid sighting.
Did I miss.. How old was Jason? "Quite a bit" older.. Ok.. I'll take exception with September being "Just a few months" after January in a missing persons case.. But this here makes it sound like the whole family were just winners.

Quote:
Nicholas Barclay had been found alive!
Nope, nope, nope. This isn't going to be him.

Quote:
put solution in his eyes (which is why Nicholas’ striking blue eyes were now brown). His family was horrified to find out everything their loved one had been through. Anything that didn’t seem like their old Nicholas was attributed to the trauma he had been through, in his family’s mind.
Oh yes.. Magic eye color changing. Oh, ok.. Now I feel for the family. The desperation here.. to fall for this.

Holy crap.. look at the pic of him. He's damn near 30!

Quote:
The sister was convinced it was her brother and the mother even refused a DNA test that would have confirmed it was her son. She didn’t need to be convinced, she said.
Yeah.. This is sad.. They know. They just don't want to be told.

Dang.. he's 24.. Well, I was closer to the right age, but if we use TPiR rules, I went over.

OK, so, figured out pretty quickly.. The part here where Jason is fingered.. Now, I like the idea that the reason the family was so accepting was that the real killer wouldn't be found, or looked for, but Jason was dismissive of him. Not the reaction I would expect from someone who wanted it hidden. So, I'd look more at the mother and sister from that angle. but, I don't really see either of them being involved. Jason's reaction seems more legitimate if he knew what happened, but he didn't do it and couldn't freely speak about it. Such as.. if Nicholas were taken due to something that Jason had done. Drug debts, for example.

My big question here.. Are the mother or sister still alive? I'd love to hear what they have to say.

But, all in all.. This kid is dead. And has been since that January.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:02 PM   #191
Killarney Rose
Frequent Poster

He has a thread at Websleuths. A bit of family history there, mom an addict. So I have to ask, was she merely sleeping due to working at night, or was she passed out from drugs? Mom on drugs, brother on drugs. Explains the family dynamic and why such a young boy was running the streets and a discipline problem from such an early age. Sadly, I feel he has been dead since he disappeared.

From the blog post I never got the feeling the older brother was involved. Just that he saw through the imposter from the start. I mean, the imposter looked nothing like the missing boy IMO, I think I would’ve saw through him as well.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:03 PM   #192
Killarney Rose
Frequent Poster

Double post.
Old 03-29-2021, 01:13 PM   #193
JC1957
Frequent Poster

Very interesting story about Nicholas Barclay. A kid like him was probably screwed from the git-go with no dad around, a big brother who was probably just as bad, a mom who only had an income from a convenience store and a bunch of bad family genes. Fascinating story nonetheless.

Thanks for the story crystaldawn. Keep 'em coming!
JC1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 08:41 PM   #194
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
Thank you so much BlueGalexy, JC1957 and Kilarney Rose. Your kind words mean so much to me!

BlueGalexy, I completely agree with you about David Glenn Lewis but feel like I'm in the minority. He wasn't acting normal for a few days before he went missing and where he ultimately ended up made no sense. Definitely think some kind of mental struggle was at play.

Okay here is my latest entry. I had never heard of this case until recently but was completely shocked when I heard the details and knew I wanted to write about it.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/nichol...ay-a-cruel-con

Also recently I was once again honored to ask to appear on the great "Unfound" podcast where we talk about the Nyleen Kay Marshall case. Here is the link to that.
https://podcasts.google.com/feed/aHR...EegQIBhAF&ep=6
Your blog is soooo good. Have you ever thought about doing a podcast? Your blog is a natural for it.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2021, 04:46 PM   #195
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mphs95 View Post
Your blog is soooo good. Have you ever thought about doing a podcast? Your blog is a natural for it.
Great minds think alike mphs95, lol. I've tried to talk CD into podcasting, and while she hasn't started one yet, she has been kind enough to post a couple links to a few guest appearances she's done. In the meantime of course, our fellow poster Robin Warder has a delightful podcast called The Trail Went Cold.

Awesome article about the Barclay case BTW CD. I've been following that case for a while now, and probably have even more questions now than I started with, lol! I think it's safe to say that the dude who ripped off Barclay's identity and impersonated him is clearly a sociopath...at least IMO. Barclay's family though? That's a whole different kettle of fish if you ask me, and honestly...I still haven't figured them out. Was there criminal malfeasance at play, or were they simply traumatized loved ones who were hustled by a pro? I'm absolutely NOT making any accusations, but I would be lying if I said I wasn't at least a little suspicious of their behavior during the imposter's (somewhat underwhelming) performance.

So what do y'all think fellow posters? Was the Barclay family so welcoming of the imposter because they were trying to cover up something sinister, or were they merely innocent victims of a horrible scam? I'd love to hear some feedback on it!
BlueGalexy is offline   Reply With Quote