Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Manifest Cancellation Being Reconsidered; American Housewife Sold for Broadcast Syndication
Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars
HBO Max's Love Life Season 2 Announces Cast; Kevin Hart and Jason Biggs Host Back-to-Back Shows on E!
Peacock's Superfan Episodes of The Office; The Other Two Season 2 Launch Date on New Network HBO Max
Melrose Place Reunion on Fox's New Fantasy Island; Tacoma FD Returns Sept. 16 on truTV

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 06-14-2020, 11:44 AM   #151
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Hey been a while guys but here is my latest blog entry. A very well known UM segment so here's a link if you want to check it out!

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/elizab...ked-or-tragedy
Old 06-15-2020, 08:08 AM   #152
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn View Post
Hey been a while guys but here is my latest blog entry. A very well known UM segment so here's a link if you want to check it out!

Great article!

I did some mapping of the points in question, starting with the approximate spot of where her boyfriend lived, and then where she was picked up at around CTC, then the 7-Eleven she was dropped off at in Copperas Cove, then to the city where she lived, and then where her purse was found. She was headed in a westerly direction, and whoever abducted her appears to have also been traveling westward since her purse was dumped so far away from her home. You can see the map here.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:53 PM   #153
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
Great article!

I did some mapping of the points in question, starting with the approximate spot of where her boyfriend lived, and then where she was picked up at around CTC, then the 7-Eleven she was dropped off at in Copperas Cove, then to the city where she lived, and then where her purse was found. She was headed in a westerly direction, and whoever abducted her appears to have also been traveling westward since her purse was dumped so far away from her home. You can see the map here.
Thank you! It's interesting to see it on a map the various points that night. Definitely seems like someone just discarded the purse as they were headed away from the area where Elizabeth last seen.

The one thing I don't understand is why the police have narrowed down the time frame when it was turned in from April 1988-Jan 1989 but still don't seem to have any who idea who turned it in or any other details.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2020, 06:35 PM   #154
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Thank you! It's interesting to see it on a map the various points that night. Definitely seems like someone just discarded the purse as they were headed away from the area where Elizabeth last seen.

The one thing I don't understand is why the police have narrowed down the time frame when it was turned in from April 1988-Jan 1989 but still don't seem to have any who idea who turned it in or any other details.
Someone turns in a wallet saying it was found on the street.. Your mind doesn't immediately go to "This person was kidnapped". And you don't interrogate Good Samaritans.

I agree overall that she's likely dead.. Method and reason are open to various interpretations and I can't disprove any of them. This is a rare case where I actually leave a little more wiggle room open to the 'abducted for a sex slave' angle due to the Asian ethnicity, but.. Not alot more.

I figure she got a ride from the wrong guy. Especially as it seems she had no issues accepting rides from strangers.

Looks like another 'plane crash' case to me. Planes don't crash because of one thing. It takes a whole series of things, all going wrong, for a plane crash to happen. Same here. Any one thing going differently, Elizabeth is likely still alive and with her family.
Labonte18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 11:53 PM   #155
Allierain
Forum Old-Timer
Frequent Poster

Quote:

I gotta say, CD, your blog is one of the best. Your entries are always very well researched, and often you have more information than what was used in the related segment (including pictures too!) Thank you for helping to keep these cases alive so they can be solved one day.
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2020, 06:06 PM   #156
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allierain View Post
I gotta say, CD, your blog is one of the best. Your entries are always very well researched, and often you have more information than what was used in the related segment (including pictures too!) Thank you for helping to keep these cases alive so they can be solved one day.
Thank you so much Allierain! That really means a lot. ❤️
Old 07-09-2020, 08:04 PM   #157
Fletch
Cabin fever
Frequent Poster

Great job as usual, CD.

“As far as my thoughts on this case, sadly I don’t think Elizabeth is alive. I think she died shortly after her disappearance.”

I definitely agree with that. I was never convinced by those alleged sightings. It kind of reminds me of the Keri Lynn Nixon sightings were people were convinced it was Keri and of course we all know the outcome there. I’m sure Elizabeth is resting somewhere in that vicinity but sadly she will probably never be found. I just hope her Mom does at some point open that present before she passes away so she at least gets to have that “moment” with Elizabeth.
Fletch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2020, 04:40 PM   #158
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

It's been a little while but here is my latest blog post. I'm sure many of you are familiar with "Sharon Marshall" and Franklin Delano Floyd. A lot of developments have happened since the UM segment so I tried to navigate through this complicated case.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/sharon...n-the-darkness
Old 09-14-2020, 11:23 AM   #159
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
It's been a little while but here is my latest blog post. I'm sure many of you are familiar with "Sharon Marshall" and Franklin Delano Floyd. A lot of developments have happened since the UM segment so I tried to navigate through this complicated case.

Oh, I haven't started reading this yet.. Think I need a drink first.
Old 09-14-2020, 01:02 PM   #160
Killarney Rose
Frequent Poster

As usual, another great article!
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:18 AM   #161
GDAWG
Frequent Poster

Quote:

Is he still alive?
GDAWG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 09:13 AM   #162
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

A couple years back, we learned that Suzanne's (Sharon's) mother spent 30 days in jail in 1975 for writing some bad checks. That was when Floyd took off with Sharon and her other kids. The mother never saw her again.

On UM, when Floyd is asked how Sharon came into his life as a little girl, he says....

"I very bluntly say that she was abandoned to me and I raised her. If I actually told you or could prove it to you, you know what you'd do? You'd try to pin a medal on me for taking her. I'm going to tell you right now, I did her a favor."

For anyone who has read the book about this case, you know that just several years before abducting Sharon, Floyd did a surprisingly short stint in prison for abducting a 3 year old girl out of a bowling alley and brutally raping her. So knowing what we know now and seeing that response from Floyd on UM could leave the average person speechless; the fact that the toddler rapist was so disgusted with a woman for writing a couple bad checks that he abducted her daughter in order to "save" her.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2020, 01:35 PM   #163
Labonte18
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDAWG View Post
Is he still alive?
Actually, he is. On death row in Florida, I believe.

Had to look it up myself.. I thought he had done himself in recently.
Old 12-13-2020, 11:53 AM   #164
crystaldawn
Forum 4K Club Member

Here is my latest article and based on an UM segment that is probably in my top 5 of cases that stick with me. The unbelievably strange case of Judy Smith.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/judy-s...ng-or-troubled
Old 12-13-2020, 06:33 PM   #165
freakbook

Quote:
Here is my latest article and based on an UM segment that is probably in my top 5 of cases that stick with me. The unbelievably strange case of Judy Smith.

https://lostnfoundblogs.com/f/judy-s...ng-or-troubled
Great write up CD. I'm surprised I never saw this segment, very bizarre.

As I was reading the article I was thinking that maybe her and her husband got into a big argument while she was in Philadelphia and she went to NC to blow off steam, but unfortunately I think she was either having a mental breakdown or perhaps early symptoms of memory loss (dementia)

You said in your article that "I don’t think Judy had amnesia as she told people some accurate information about herself" while true she also tried to take a child in a department store that she thought was her daughter but wasn't

Her murder was bizarre as it wasn't a robbery as she had all of her money on her so I wonder if it was the work of a random killer or if she surprised a random camper and they attacked her? Not sure
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote