Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Premieres September 8; List of a Lifetime Casts TV Stars
Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-24-2009, 10:56 AM   #1
XiaoGouPi
Occasional Poster

Default Claudia Kirschhoch

I just saw the segment about this lady who got stranded in Jamaica with a friend in 2000 and subsequently disappeared.

I realise that nobody has been posting about this. I wonder does anybody have any updates on the case?

The most recent updates I can find through searching the net are these 2 listed websites below:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=2428.0

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...h_claudia.html

The nearest info states that as at 2007, there has been no sign of her yet. Her family had her legally declared deceased in 2002.

They filed a case against the resort she stayed in, for tampering with evidence and causing emotional distress which began trial in 2005. Does anybody have any update on the lawsuit?

Based what the segment showed, I am inclined to believe the obvious suspect is the bartender, Anthony Grant.

The police guard dog actually tracked Claudia's scent to his house, the bed and a knife! And subsequently to his car, the backseat, and the trunk!

This is more than incriminating enough to say that Anthony Grant though may not have 'killed' her, he more or less knows where she had disappeared to.. right?

I am shocked to learn that the police didnt even consider him a suspect!!

I think the most likely scenario is that Grant got Claudia to his house, tried to rape her, she resisted, so he took the knife and killed her. Then hid her body in the trunk of his car and proceeded to dump the body.

What do you think happened to Claudia Kirschhoch?
XiaoGouPi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2009, 01:56 PM   #2
Mastermind

Quote:
What do you think happened to Claudia Kirschhoch?
Contrary to popular belief, Jamaica can be a very dangerous country. It's so dangerous that police barricade the tourist areas from the general poplulace.

if a tourist is not careful, they can be kidnapped, raped, murdered and robbed.

There are numerous ways that Claudia could have met her fate on the Island.

Based what the segment showed, I am inclined to believe the obvious suspect is the bartender, Anthony Grant.

Quote:
The police guard dog actually tracked Claudia's scent to his house, the bed and a knife! And subsequently to his car, the backseat, and the trunk!
That may mean nothing. All that says is that Claudia was at his house, which isn't strange considering they were romantic together. The scent on the knife could be residual.

Where was the blood? Where were Claudia's posession". Where did Anthony Grant kill her.

Quote:
I am shocked to learn that the police didnt even consider him a suspect!!
I trust the the police's judgement on this
1. The Jamaican constublary is actually one of the better police departments in the Carribean Islands (second only to Cuba, of course.But they have stricter laws. ) They are not like Aruba's police.

2. The Jamaican police deal with several homicides a year. Kingston especially is a violent city. A lot of the cases they clear are drug murders, which are difficult to begin with. They don't lack experience.

Quote:
They filed a case against the resort she stayed in, for tampering with evidence and causing emotional distress which began trial in 2005. Does anybody have any update on the lawsuit?
Boy, the biggest crooks in Jamaica are the people in resorts!. I wouldn;t trust them, period!

Quote:
I think the most likely scenario is that Grant got Claudia to his house, tried to rape her, she resisted, so he took the knife and killed her.
The problem I have with the rape theory is that I think Claudia was more than willing to oblige with Grant's needs. An may have done so before she disappeared.

The hills of Jamaica are an mysterious place. Somebody could hide out there for years and never be heard from again. The blue mountain hills are almost like the Appalachian Hills in

Add to the fact that it isn't that unusual to have white woman that part of the area, due to tourists, mixed-race, British nationals and celebreties looking to hide out.

The possibility remains that Claudia may be living in those very hills. Against her will or not.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 05:52 PM   #3
curiousasever
Occasional Poster

i suppose claudia was raped and murdered, it seems righ that he killed her in his room somewhere got rid of the evidence that had blood and cleaned off the knife and his scent was still on the blade. apparently she must have had an affair with him which leads on to murder to be exact he tried to rape her and he did so he killed her and then put her body in the trunk of his car i don't know where her body is though. hmmm
curiousasever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2012, 02:04 PM   #4
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Just watched this one today and I really think Anthony Grant is the obvious suspect. For one, he was known to have ties with Claudia, since she told her travel companion that the two went out to a club the night before she disappeared. Second, according to the Charley Project website, Grant called out from work on the day she disappeared and stayed out of work for the next four days. Coincidence? Tack on the fact that the dog traced Claudia's scent to Grant's residence and I think you have more than enough to declare Grant as a viable suspect.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 11:20 AM   #5
Victoria81
Frequent Poster

Same here...shocked she doesn't have more people interested in this case.
Victoria81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:08 PM   #6
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I'm VERY interested in this case. Like the rest of you, I wish it got more attention.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 12:13 PM   #7
Victoria81
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Contrary to popular belief, Jamaica can be a very dangerous country. It's so dangerous that police barricade the tourist areas from the general poplulace.

if a tourist is not careful, they can be kidnapped, raped, murdered and robbed.

There are numerous ways that Claudia could have met her fate on the Island.

That may mean nothing. All that says is that Claudia was at his house, which isn't strange considering they were romantic together. The scent on the knife could be residual.

Where was the blood? Where were Claudia's posession". Where did Anthony Grant kill her.

I trust the the police's judgement on this
1. The Jamaican constublary is actually one of the better police departments in the Carribean Islands (second only to Cuba, of course.But they have stricter laws. ) They are not like Aruba's police.

2. The Jamaican police deal with several homicides a year. Kingston especially is a violent city. A lot of the cases they clear are drug murders, which are difficult to begin with. They don't lack experience.

Boy, the biggest crooks in Jamaica are the people in resorts!. I wouldn;t trust them, period!

The problem I have with the rape theory is that I think Claudia was more than willing to oblige with Grant's needs. An may have done so before she disappeared.

The hills of Jamaica are an mysterious place. Somebody could hide out there for years and never be heard from again. The blue mountain hills are almost like the Appalachian Hills in

Add to the fact that it isn't that unusual to have white woman that part of the area, due to tourists, mixed-race, British nationals and celebreties looking to hide out.

The possibility remains that Claudia may be living in those very hills. Against her will or not.

Funny you say that. On American Justice or some show like that, they profiled a crime and said Jamaica was 98% crime free. I like hearing your side.
Old 04-16-2015, 12:20 PM   #8
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria81
Funny you say that. On American Justice or some show like that, they profiled a crime and said Jamaica was 98% crime free. I like hearing your side.
Mastermind is definitely correct on this. Jamaica is very dangerous.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2015, 01:10 PM   #9
Victoria81
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
Mastermind is definitely correct on this. Jamaica is very dangerous.

This case seemed open and shut with what the dog came to find...seems liek they could go on that.
Old 05-12-2015, 02:13 PM   #10
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria81
This case seemed open and shut with what the dog came to find...seems liek they could go on that.
In America, most definitely. Seems like in foreign countries, if the victim is an American citizen, they do not want to get too involved.
Old 05-12-2015, 03:06 PM   #11
idol
Frequent Poster

I went to Jamaica in 2007 and was basically told not to leave the resort. Even walking the beach in front of the resort I was constantly bugged by locals trying to sell me drugs or looking for money. I would not go back. Plenty of beaches where I live without the harassment.
idol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2015, 03:12 PM   #12
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by idol
I went to Jamaica in 2007 and was basically told not to leave the resort. Even walking the beach in front of the resort I was constantly bugged by locals trying to sell me drugs or looking for money. I would not go back. Plenty of beaches where I live without the harassment.
My wife and I are going on a trip in August and the Sandals resort in Jamaica was one of the destination we discussed. However, a friend of ours has been and had a very similar encounter to what you just described. I just wouldn't go anywhere near that country anymore.
Old 05-12-2015, 05:00 PM   #13
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

You know it's funny, I've been watching a lot of Press Your Luck episodes again from the 80's and Jamaica has been on the big board a lot lately. I don't think I'd want to go there. They also have a crap ton of Mexican vacations and places around there, and I think I'd rather hit the whammy. At least I wouldn't be in fear of my life.

But the trips to Europe, Canada and Australia sound cool. African Safari also sounds fun.

Bermuda is another weird one. I just hope the people that won it didn't get lost in the triangle.
Attached Images

Old 08-03-2015, 10:07 PM   #14
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
You know it's funny, I've been watching a lot of Press Your Luck episodes again from the 80's and Jamaica has been on the big board a lot lately. I don't think I'd want to go there. They also have a crap ton of Mexican vacations and places around there, and I think I'd rather hit the whammy. At least I wouldn't be in fear of my life.

But the trips to Europe, Canada and Australia sound cool. African Safari also sounds fun.

Bermuda is another weird one. I just hope the people that won it didn't get lost in the triangle.
Hmmm I understand the reservation(or lack there of for the plural)about both Jamaica and Mexico and there aren't too many places outside of the resort areas in Jamaica that I would go to but the resort areas are safe you just can't trust everyone. Same with Mexico. Heck i would say that those resort areas are safer than some areas in our own country. Resort places like those are vital to the economy of those respective countries so they do a pretty good job keeping tourists safe and secluded to those areas. i know that the mexican border areas are dangerous, but I've been to other places in Mexico and they are generally safe. It seems like just a few years ago(more like 10) I lived in AZ and a lot of my friends would go to rocky point on the weekends, but it got so dangerous in the Mexican side of the border that people quit going.

As far as Claudia I always got the sense the guy that was her romantic interest was involved somehow, but that was the only thing I can remember from the segment. If she wandered off the resort area with him willing or not who knows what happened. This was a shame much like the Amy Bradley case.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 05:37 PM   #15
DALLASTEXAN!!

Ok so this was on lifetime today and it was edited from the RS version. I read on um wiki the bartender called in sick for 4 days during and after her disappearance????????????????????????????????????????!!????????????????????????!??????????????????????????!????????????????????????????????????!?????????

And the dogs hit on his car boots and knife??? Wtf???
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote