Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Manifest Cancellation Being Reconsidered; American Housewife Sold for Broadcast Syndication
Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-08-2014, 05:09 PM   #136
wiseguy182
Forum Veteran

There's the old expression "his bark is worse than its bite" and I think something similar could apply here. I know there are dogs that bark their heads off at everything, but when confronted with a real problem/intruder, they get scared. Totally not implausible to think a dog would keep quiet and keep attention away from itself when there are killings going on in the house. Yes, some dogs are brave and will protect their owners, even at the risk of losing their own lives, but others won't.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:20 AM   #137
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
There's the old expression "his bark is worse than its bite" and I think something similar could apply here. I know there are dogs that bark their heads off at everything, but when confronted with a real problem/intruder, they get scared. Totally not implausible to think a dog would keep quiet and keep attention away from itself when there are killings going on in the house. Yes, some dogs are brave and will protect their owners, even at the risk of losing their own lives, but others won't.
That would work if the Routier dog wasn't acting erratically to the responding police officers. This dog had to be restrained and calmed down by a neighbor, because it was constantly growling and trying to bite the officers.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 12:26 PM   #138
LilMissKryssy
" & every sinner has a future"
Frequent Poster

What convinces me personally of her guilt that will never change are 3 things

1) She wrote letters in jail while awaiting trial to family/friends claiming to know who the "real killer" was. When the prosecution used them at trial when she was on the stand during cross examination, she had no explanation for the letters or why she would say that. Innocent people don't make up lies to grieving relatives. Unless you're Casey Anthony that is (and I don't think she's innocent either)
2) She claims she slept through her children being brutally stabbed so hard the knife penetrated the floor, all while she was just a few feet away. She claims to have awoken seeing a stranger standing over her and then fleeing She ran after him not realizing what all took place until after she chased him from the house. Unless you're on Michael Jackson type sleeping medication (anesthesia) I don't know many people who can sleep through that as well as their own throat supposedly being slashed. She had to say she "slept through it" because otherwise, most mothers would die defending their children, or should would've screamed so loud it would've woken her husband who would've fought the stranger.
3) The whole story makes absolutely no sense. A stranger breaks into a house without a weapon at all (this is in Texas after all, where many homeowners own guns), picks up a knife in the kitchen, then goes right for the sleeping children and brutally overkills them. The knife was thrust so hard it went right through the boys and penetrated into the floor beneath them. Then almost as an afterthought, cuts Darlies throat and flees.

The "silly string" video is pointless as far as I'm concerned. People do grieve in different ways and honestly that has no bearing with why I personally feel she's guilty.
Old 09-09-2014, 12:42 PM   #139
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy
1) She wrote letters in jail while awaiting trial to family/friends claiming to know who the "real killer" was. When the prosecution used them at trial when she was on the stand during cross examination, she had no explanation for the letters or why she would say that. Innocent people don't make up lies to grieving relatives. Unless you're Casey Anthony that is (and I don't think she's innocent either)
Excellent point. She actually did name the guy as an ex-friend or coworker of Darin (I can't remember specifically) as her attacker to her family members. She said the man who attacked her looked like the coworker/friend, and then changed it to she was sure it was him. The prosecution brought this man into the courtroom, in front of Darlie, and had her reread her statement to the police. In describing her "attacker", she said the man was slim with long black hair. The coworker/friend was short, stocky, and had a short hairstyle. The prosecution got her to admit on the stand that he definitely wasn't the man who "attacked" her.
Old 09-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #140
LilMissKryssy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
Excellent point. She actually did name the guy as an ex-friend or coworker of Darin (I can't remember specifically) as her attacker to her family members. She said the man who attacked her looked like the coworker/friend, and then changed it to she was sure it was him. The prosecution brought this man into the courtroom, in front of Darlie, and had her reread her statement to the police. In describing her "attacker", she said the man was slim with long black hair. The coworker/friend was short, stocky, and had a short hairstyle. The prosecution got her to admit on the stand that he definitely wasn't the man who "attacked" her.

Oh wow! I forgot about that. Thank you! I knew she claimed to know the real killer and they tore her apart on the stand during trial about her claims to family/friends but I forgot all the details as its been awhile since I've read up on the case. I recently saw the case on "On death row" the Werner Herzog documentary series on ID. Although, I'm a fan of Herzog, he didn't ask her any pressing questions about her story or the events. I don't know if that's because he had to agree to not ask certain questions in order to get an interview for the episode. However, he left out all the points I left and more. The episode is actually on youtube under a channel that is to "free Darlie" so I guess that speaks volumes of it being biased. But other than that, I haven't seen any specials or anything at all on the case in quite awhile. Thanks for refreshing me though!
LilMissKryssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #141
FantasticallyFlawed
Occasional Poster

Quote:
That would work if the Routier dog wasn't acting erratically to the responding police officers. This dog had to be restrained and calmed down by a neighbor, because it was constantly growling and trying to bite the officers.
That may be true when there were tons of people in the house. What I found interesting is that no barking dog can be heard on the 911 tape....
FantasticallyFlawed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2014, 03:01 PM   #142
FantasticallyFlawed
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Is their proof of this from the court transcripts???
Old 09-09-2014, 03:20 PM   #143
FantasticallyFlawed
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy
What convinces me personally of her guilt that will never change are 3 things

Do you have proof of this? I've never heard this before.

Quote:
2) She claims she slept through her children being brutally stabbed so hard the knife penetrated the floor, all while she was just a few feet away. She claims to have awoken seeing a stranger standing over her and then fleeing She ran after him not realizing what all took place until after she chased him from the house. Unless you're on Michael Jackson type sleeping medication (anesthesia) I don't know many people who can sleep through that as well as their own throat supposedly being slashed. She had to say she "slept through it" because otherwise, most mothers would die defending their children, or should would've screamed so loud it would've woken her husband who would've fought the stranger.
That depends on how you look at it. How do we know who was attacked first. I believe it's possible that she was the target and boys woke up. She could have passed out in the attack.

Quote:
3) The whole story makes absolutely no sense. A stranger breaks into a house without a weapon at all (this is in Texas after all, where many homeowners own guns), picks up a knife in the kitchen, then goes right for the sleeping children and brutally overkills them. The knife was thrust so hard it went right through the boys and penetrated into the floor beneath them. Then almost as an afterthought, cuts Darlies throat and flees.
How do we know he didn't have a weapon? It's all pure speculation. No blood of one of the boys on the knife at the scene. It's possible the intruder used his own knife to gain entry and attack Darlie, then moved on to the boys. Some have even speculated about 2 attackers. We just don't know.

Quote:
The "silly string" video is pointless as far as I'm concerned. People do grieve in different ways and honestly that has no bearing with why I personally feel she's guilty.
We agree there. I believe it was taken completely out of context. I've seen people in the grief process and studied it in school. Some people freak out initially only to become completely devoid of emotion. It's a coping mechanism. Trying to hold it together for other family and children.

Have you ever viewed the crime scene photos? It's crazy. They have the vacuum cleaner in three different places, all propped up, and some close up of the blood on it, which shows the cord wrapped up like it was when put away. Then there is one where it is in the kitchen floor over the blood stains with the cord all over the place. That sound awfully hokey to me. Same thing with the papers by the couch. Several photos of them in different spots... I believe they tried to claim that she was looking at insurance on the boys and snapped. They moved from by the couch with an elastic band over it neatly put away to on the couch where her pillow was. Some great detective work there.

It's things like that make me think she at the very least needs a new trial. I can try and post the photos if you like.
Old 09-09-2014, 04:28 PM   #144
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticallyFlawed
Is their proof of this from the court transcripts???
Yes go to page 9 in this thread, it's on one of my posts. There is a link to the full trial testimony of Darlie Routier. It's in there.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #145
FantasticallyFlawed
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Yes go to page 9 in this thread, it's on one of my posts. There is a link to the full trial testimony of Darlie Routier. It's in there.
It took awhile but I read her entire testimony. It states that based on what she was told from a private investigator, friends and family that a guy that worked close by named Glenn Mize possibly could have been the intruder. Apparently he threatened her for telling his wife something. She never admitted under that she was sure but was basing it off information from others. Like she is trying to figure out who could have done it. She told them specifically during testimony that she did not remember what he looked like. But in her letters to friends and family she mentioned that it could be him, and she eludes that it's him or another guy named Gary Austin who was allegedly out in those hours of the morning and more physically fits the description of the intruder. She also states she was hoping. I think she wanted answers.

I interpreted the letters different than someone who thinks she is guilty. I guess that's the nature of the beast. We can read the same exact testimony but interpret different.

What I found interesting is that the letters were admitted into evidence that day because Kerr County Sheriffs Office was in possession of them but would not let them be taken out. So the state subpoenaed them and defense was not given notice to these. There is a running objection that is overruled by the judge against using them for cross examination. Then the judge allows them to be admitted into evidence under objection by the defense.

I have always tried to put myself in her shoes. Would I be reaching out to my family for help to try and find the person who did this.... Grasping at straws so to speak???? Possibly.... She sounds desperate, trying to find answers. I certainly wouldn't want a psychic around if I were guilty. Not to mention she is trying to have a bunch of evidence tested that wasn't. I hope she gets answers.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:14 PM   #146
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by FantasticallyFlawed
I have always tried to put myself in her shoes. Would I be reaching out to my family for help to try and find the person who did this.... Grasping at straws so to speak???? Possibly.... She sounds desperate, trying to find answers. I certainly wouldn't want a psychic around if I were guilty. Not to mention she is trying to have a bunch of evidence tested that wasn't. I hope she gets answers.
I'm pretty sure if you were attacked by someone you knew or knew of, you wouldn't be insinuating to others that that person was the one who attacked you if you weren't sure. Not to mention that something that traumatic (a person you know murdering your two young sons) would definitely want to make you give that person's name to someone who could do something about it: the police.
Old 09-09-2014, 11:47 PM   #147
FantasticallyFlawed
Occasional Poster

Quote:
I'm pretty sure if you were attacked by someone you knew or knew of, you wouldn't be insinuating to others that that person was the one who attacked you if you weren't sure. Not to mention that something that traumatic (a person you know murdering your two young sons) would definitely want to make you give that person's name to someone who could do something about it: the police.
My point exactly! I think if she REALLY knew she wouldn't. However I think that is key point. She doesn't know and is holding on to hope.... That these possibilities people are telling her could be true. It could honestly go either way. If she were guilty of this elaborate staging, she might say its got to be him or that guy to move blame away from her. I can see that. But it could go other way too.

I guess if you think she staged the scene, you would automatically conclude that possibility. If you think she was attacked, you would believe she was grasping at straws, hoping this person would be caught, and genuinely believing it was so and so if the pieces fit.
Old 09-10-2014, 08:36 AM   #148
LilMissKryssy
Frequent Poster

Although I usually do enjoy a good back and forth, I'm going to have to take myself out of this one. I will always believe she's guilty based on what I stated before. We can go all day with scenarios or "what ifs" this or "how do you know". I've seen people do that with the OJ Simpson, Scott Peterson or Jodi Arias case. If you want to believe she's innocent than nothing can convince you she's guilty. I actually went into this hoping she was innocent because who wants to believe a mother would do this? But after reading everything a few years ago, I'm convinced she did it.

However, I'll give you this much, I don't believe she should be put to death because the victims family is also her family. They have been through enough with the murder of the little boys and putting her to death will only cause them more pain. I do believe she belongs in jail for the rest of her life though.
LilMissKryssy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2014, 06:45 PM   #149
Necco

I really think she is both guilty and was railroaded.

At least this week.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2014, 12:35 AM   #150
caringforcommunities
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks64
I lean towards guilty after hearing all the evidence, but I'm still on the fence. I'm not 100% convinced.
I agree.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-35DBr4areo
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Love-...91317904266751
https://twitter.com/letlovegoviral
http://www.loveyourneighborchallenge.com
caringforcommunities is offline   Reply With Quote