Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Apple TV+ Renews Physical for Season 2; Adult Swim Orders 3rd Season of Tuca & Bertie
Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Premieres September 8; List of a Lifetime Casts TV Stars
Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-10-2019, 11:47 AM   #466
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by baloony View Post
How about the truck stop where Dewayne Mccorkendale was murdered
Page 17 of this thread.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 02:16 PM   #467
baloony
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88 View Post
Page 17 of this thread.
Thank you sir!
Old 07-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #468
WoodBooger
Occasional Poster

Was the Wacker segment filmed somewhere else to protect them? I saw Dynoguy88 had posted the address earlier in the thread but the Wacker house and the neighbors house looks different in Google maps compared to the houses in the episode.
WoodBooger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2019, 11:04 PM   #469
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WoodBooger View Post
Was the Wacker segment filmed somewhere else to protect them? I saw Dynoguy88 had posted the address earlier in the thread but the Wacker house and the neighbors house looks different in Google maps compared to the houses in the episode.
Yeah, the reenactment was filmed at a different house.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 03:58 PM   #470
kinghere1
Occasional Poster

Default Greg Adams

Here are some pictures of the Greg Adams segment.
The first two are the Agway Feed place from the segment (1st) and today (2nd). The parking lot is paved now and it looks like only the white top of the garage is from the original buidling

Here are pics from the memorial which is outside of the Saxonburg police station.
First is from the segment, second is today.

Here's hoping this can inspire us to bring back the best thread on this board.
Enjoy!
kinghere1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2020, 08:27 PM   #471
hostedbyrobertstack
Frequent Poster

So funny on the Greg Adams location, I literally just located and street viewed these about a week ago after watching the segment again. It is crazy how different the police station looks today compared to the past.
hostedbyrobertstack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:52 AM   #472
EighthStreet
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops3098 View Post
This is such a great thread.

Perhaps this is a bit strange, but I'd love to know the various locations that RS was filmed for his intros & outros over the years.

They always seemed to be such creepy locations- maybe because most were shot at night, maybe because of RS's voice and general demeanor but creepy nonetheless.

A few others that stick in my head from the early days were a white stone staircase outdoors and a large mausoleum with a circular blue/purple stain glass window.

I know they are not actual mystery locations, but UM derived so much of its impact from the music, shooting style, and RS's delivery that I feel like these places are an important part too, if only a niche.
Check out a YouTube channel called "Hollywood Graveyard". The host will sometimes point out mausoleums used by Unsolved Mysteries as filming locations.
EighthStreet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2021, 03:52 PM   #473
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilMissKryssy View Post
I know the episode said that Gladys was 9 years older than Joe but did they marry late in life? They didn't have any children I'm guessing since their nephew handled their estate?
They were married for like 50 years. I think she was 30 when he was 21. Times were different but it seems like a big gap.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 02:47 PM   #474
Jon
Forum Regular

I'm guessing it would be very difficult to locate the spot where Patricia Meehan had her car accident.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 01:48 PM   #475
mphs95
Remember me?
Forum Regular

Send a message via Yahoo to mphs95

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinghere1 View Post
Here are some pictures of the Greg Adams segment.
The first two are the Agway Feed place from the segment (1st) and today (2nd). The parking lot is paved now and it looks like only the white top of the garage is from the original buidling

Here are pics from the memorial which is outside of the Saxonburg police station.
First is from the segment, second is today.

Here's hoping this can inspire us to bring back the best thread on this board.
Enjoy!
I was in Saxonburg last weekend and never realized how small that town really is. It pretty much shuts down on Sunday and maybe 1800 at the most.
mphs95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2021, 10:35 AM   #476
brianh333
Occasional Poster

Here's one I don't think we've touched on yet - the Dick Hansen "49erHugs" one.

According to the newspaper, the murder took place "at Fremont and Bernardo avenues in Sunnyvale". Spinning the little Google guy around that intersection area, I think I've narrowed it down to southbound Bernardo, heading away from Fremont.

I think based on the reenactment (which I believe was one that was filmed in the actual location that the real-life event happened), where I've drawn the blue square is approximately where the cars were parked.

Then the killer, shown heading south down Bernardo as it curves right to left, passes a twin pair of trees on the left. I think those are the twin trees that are now fully grown on the left side of the road in the Google Maps shot.
Attached Images

The above post was about unsolved mysteries. Whenever possible, the actual author (not a police official) has participated in re-creating the events. What you just got done reading was NOT a news broadcast.
brianh333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2021, 11:34 AM   #477
Jon
Forum Regular

Location of the Beverly Hills diner from the Adam Hecht segment

Name:  diner.PNG
Views: 178
Size:  2.08 MB
Name:  diner2.PNG
Views: 181
Size:  1.03 MB
Old 07-01-2021, 06:19 PM   #478
ghosthouse
Frequent Poster

[QUOTE=Jon;5930809]Location of the Beverly Hills diner from the Adam Hecht segment

Wow good find.

Incidentally, I love your avatar. I have wondered for years and years where that short little clip of that distraught woman came from. It looks like she is in front of a fire? Probably impossible to ever figure out. That original intro of the tiles floating in and out was pretty cool.
ghosthouse is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2021, 09:34 PM   #479
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthouse View Post
Location of the Beverly Hills diner from the Adam Hecht segment

Incidentally, I love your avatar. I have wondered for years and years where that short little clip of that distraught woman came from. It looks like she is in front of a fire? Probably impossible to ever figure out. That original intro of the tiles floating in and out was pretty cool.
Thank you. Yeah, I wondered the same. I have no idea if that's supposed to be fire or something else is happening to her....