Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-23-2011, 11:44 AM   #151
brianh333
Occasional Poster

Just checking back in to the boards, after stumbling into an UM episode on Spike last night, for the first time in a while.

Anyway, here was a Pictures thread that started last year, that just never really seemed to catch legs. Most the ones mentioned there have been updated here (excellent work on some of these, dynoguy!).

A couple of others that I had added way back when (in the linked post) are the Jamie Santos house ("Stonehedge... like the bush"), and the John/Linda Sohus house (Christopher Chichester / Crowe / Rockefeller)

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...3&postcount=18
The above post was about unsolved mysteries. Whenever possible, the actual author (not a police official) has participated in re-creating the events. What you just got done reading was NOT a news broadcast.
brianh333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 01:05 AM   #152
Mr. Yeti
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
How on Earth did you find the entrance to the wooded area where Hilda Roche was killed? I tried looking for it online before but I couldn't find any old articles about the murder and the UM segment only said her body was found in a field behind an elementary school. Had I known the name of the school in Alexandria, it would have been easy to find.

Interesting how the 40 Mile Flats Cafe where Phillip Fraser was last seen alive hasn't changed in over 20 years.
I did a search around the entire area and around the four schools in the town before I noticed only one school had a wooded area in the vicinity of it. I'm unsure weather that entrance is accurate but that is the wooded area. It's the only one near a school at all.
Mr. Yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 06:51 PM   #153
Karmevil
Occasional Poster

I wonder if anyone could see if the big ice cream cone shape building is standing in the rebecca young case. Or roughly the area where ethel kidd was found, or the hope graves burial site in texas
Karmevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:38 PM   #154
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti
I did a search around the entire area and around the four schools in the town before I noticed only one school had a wooded area in the vicinity of it. I'm unsure weather that entrance is accurate but that is the wooded area. It's the only one near a school at all.
Ahhhh, I see. When there's no articles online about particular cases, you have find other ways of finding locations online. Good work.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2011, 07:52 PM   #155
brianh333
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmevil
I wonder if anyone could see if the big ice cream cone shape building is standing in the rebecca young case. Or roughly the area where ethel kidd was found, or the hope graves burial site in texas
The location of the Black Hope Curse Cemetery is in Crosby, TX; in the "Newport" subdivision.

The addresses referenced here - scroll down to the bottom, right above the "Poltergeist little girl" picture are:

15802 Poppets Court (the Sam and Judith Haney house)
and
803 Poppets Way (the Ben and Jean Williams house)

From trying to compare Google Street Views with the houses pictured in the UM re-enactment, I can't tell if they filmed it in the actual location or not.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:05 PM   #156
brianh333
Occasional Poster

Quote:
I wonder if anyone could see if the big ice cream cone shape building is standing in the rebecca young case.
I tried all sorts of searches on this one (I'd swear I had pinned down the location at some point last year), but justins5256 posted here that this one took place 30 miles from him.

He might be able to provide an address; though from what I can gather, the "Twisty Treat" (ice cream cone building referenced in the segment) is no longer in existence. That doesn't mean that the building isn't - just that the business isn't.
Old 08-24-2011, 08:43 PM   #157
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
I've tried to find Ethel's house before but there's no information about the case online where I could even get a street name.

It was easy to find the little post office in Burr Hill, though. Ethel drives by this place in the beginning of the segment.

Not that different from the Unsolved Mysteries screen caps...

Old 08-24-2011, 11:09 PM   #158
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

David and Cynthia Dowaliby's house in Midlothian, Illinois where Jaclyn was kidnapped. The house is located on 148th Place. The basement window that was broken is on the back of the house, not on the driveway like in the reenactment.

Jaclyn's body was found 4 miles away behind this apartment complex on Canal Street in Blue Island.

Old 08-25-2011, 09:14 PM   #159
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Best. Thread. EVER.

Thanks to all for posting the pictures, especially dynoguy88. This is awesome!
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 11:39 PM   #160
brianh333
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Yeti
1) The area where Julie Cross was shot on a Secret Service task.

Ash
I've been researching this one for the last hour or so, and I think you have this one about pegged (on Interceptor Street, facing east, just around the corner from Belford Avenue).

Just "for the sake of argument", I'd like to throw this out there.

At the very beginning of the UM segment, Stack mentions that "on this spot, gunfire echoed down these streets". From what I can gather, it sure looks like he's standing on Belford Avenue, with the camera facing south towards Interceptor Street.

I'm about 90% confident that I've placed the red arrow at the same exact spot on the sidewalk - in both the UM segment shot, as well as the Google Maps shot.

Old 08-26-2011, 12:52 AM   #161
brianh333
Occasional Poster

the location of (what was then) TK Harty's Saloon in Athens, GA.

my source for the location: a pretty fascinating article on the circumstances surrounding the murder, from OnlineAthens.com. "Now the site of the Athens Community Council on Aging, T.K.'s was packed with a mix of University of Georgia students, professionals, laborers and aspiring rock stars."
Old 09-04-2011, 08:20 PM   #162
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

You can throw this in the Connecticut River Valley Killer file.

The segment mainly focused on the attack of Jane Boroski. The other victims pictures were shown with the date of their murders but not much else other than the discoveries of Bernice Courtermanche and Ellen Fried's remains being found just 1 mile apart in the same woods. (Although, there was a brief and chilling reenactment scene that showed Ellen Fried begging for her life before being thrown to the ground and stabbed in slow motion complete with creepy music.)

On July 20, 1984, she finished her shift at Valley Regional Hospital in Claremont, NH where she worked as a nurse. She left at 11:00 p.m. and went to a payphone outside Leo's Market to call her sister in California. This is where she was eventually abducted by the killer.

Leo's Market is located on 130 Main Street in Claremont. And there is still a payphone outside...

Ellen's abduction was similar to Angela Hammond's in several ways. She didn't have a telephone in her apartment so that was why she was there in the first place. Angela's phone conversation wasn't more than several minutes or so. Ellen talked with her sister for a little over an hour. In both cases, a truck kept circling the block which made the women a little nervous. Ellen actually told her sister to a wait a minute. She dropped the phone, went to start her car and then went back to the phone to finish talking with her sister. The main difference, of course was that Angela was taken during her phone conversation while Ellen's killer waited until she hung up before abducting her. These screen shots of Leo's Market are a little better without the sunlight...

Ellen's remains were found nearly a year and half later in September 1985, approximately 8 miles away in Newport. Google street view obviously won't let you go into the woods or on dirt roads so I took this screen cap from the E Special that covered the case.

Ellen's remains were found here along the Sugar River. Just like the other victims of the Valley killer, she was stabbed to death.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:40 AM   #163
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
LISA ZIEGERT (Card shop she was abducted from on Walnut Street Extension in Agawam, Massachusetts)

When Lisa worked there, it was called Brittany's Card & Gift Shoppe. I'm not sure what it is now. I originally thought it was vacant now but there are cars in the parking lot so it must be used for something.

The building has two businesses. The card shop was on the right side...

These final two pictures show what the block looks like looking in both directions on Walnut Street...

What's amazing is that no matter where you look, there are businesses everywhere in every direction from the card shop. Lisa was abducted on a Wednesday night some time between 8:20 and 9:10 p.m. It wasn't that late. In fact, some people say it was still light out when she was taken. Stores were still open. Nobody witnessed anything. Not even the sandwich shop right across the street which had a perfect view of the card shop.
Is that building to the right of the card shop a carpet store (or one in the past)?
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2011, 02:33 PM   #164
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

TARA CALICO (continued)

This is the convenience store in Port St. Joe, Florida where the photo was found of the boy and girl tied up in a van. The photo was found on June 15, 1989.

This is a side view of the store. I drew an arrow to where the photo was found in the reenactment. There are gas pumps in front of the store now that weren't there in 1989.

Old 10-17-2011, 02:40 PM   #165
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

MICHAEL FRANCKE:

This is the Dome Building, also known as the Oregon Department of Corrections at 2575 Center Street in Salem, Oregon. Michael was murdered here on January 17, 1989. I drew an arrow to where his body was found (behind the tree) where he tried to escape his attackers, breaking a window in the process.

A random fact I found out from Wikipedia. This building is also where the movie, "One Flew over the Cuckoo's Nest" was filmed in 1975.