Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Manifest Cancellation Being Reconsidered; American Housewife Sold for Broadcast Syndication
Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars
HBO Max's Love Life Season 2 Announces Cast; Kevin Hart and Jason Biggs Host Back-to-Back Shows on E!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-10-2005, 07:43 AM   #1
starlette
Occasional Poster

Default Gordon Page Jr - possible update

I know that this case has been spoken about alot on this board so here is a link that might interest some people -
http://www.v-e-n-u-s.com/gordonpagejr.htm
starlette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2005, 08:41 PM   #2
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Default reply

Interesting. If it's somehow true, I wonder how he managed to get to California. Somebody must be taking care of him.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 04:39 AM   #3
Bluejay
Frequent Poster

Default Gordon Page might be all right

Man, if this is true she must be one heck of a good psychic! That's a convincing account of detailed evidential work.

Many autistics are known to have increased ability to function in everyday life as they get older. They become better able to process the world around them. It's very common in fact.

Gordon's psychiatric medication is what made him behave irrationally... and he was only on that because one of the programs he'd been placed in required it. (Autism isn't a mental disease but a neurological condition that affects learning and behavior. links below) If he stopped taking it, it would eventually clear out of his system. He'd be much better off without it. Maybe someone picked him up and gave him a job.

I would very much like to believe this. I pray that it is true.

==
Neurotribes -- new book on autism history by Steve Silberman

Some Autistics Don't Want A Cure

How about not curing us? Some autistics are pleading.

Last edited by Bluejay; 11-06-2015 at 03:18 PM. Reason: fixed links
Bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:36 PM   #4
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Default reply

If this story is true, there is a huge question that still remains unanswered. Why did Gordon never make contact with his parents? I realize that his autisim isn't a mental disease, so surely he could tell whoever was taking care of him the name of his parents and then they could try and contact them.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2005, 02:46 PM   #5
Bluejay
Frequent Poster

That's what bothered me... the fact that by all accounts he was trying to return to his family. He would at least let them know he was all right. Like I said, I pray that it's really him, but it's something that can't be substantiated without further investigation.
Bluejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2005, 08:21 AM   #6
themope
Occasional Poster

Default Re: Gordon Page Jr possible update

Her story sounds like complete b.s. to me. Sorry to say it, but it just doesn't ring true to me. Seems to me that if all these events happened like she says, Gordon Sr. would have put out the word that his son might be in the San Francisco/Fisherman's Wharf area. I've lived here for 13 years and am in that area frequently and have never seen a flyer or heard anything regarding Gordon being seen there. I would like for it to be true, but I don't believe it. Sorry.
themope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
Kyle Reed
Occasional Poster

I have followed this case from the first time I saw it on Unsolved Mysteries and having put The Gordon Page Jr. Name through Search Engines ona regular basis none of this story is seen anywhere. I am not saying it is true or it is false. I just want to know why UM hasn't mentioned this?
Kyle Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:35 PM   #8
DarkDante

^ I'm not sure what you are driving at but Gordon Page Jr. is still indeed missing. His profile is listed at the DOE NETWORK currently - I don't have a link handy right now but saw his profile on there when I was going through the listings of missing persons the other night.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #9
Kyle Reed
Occasional Poster

Default what I am driving at

I am well aware that Gordon Page Jr. is still missing. I am wondering why this sighting in San Francisco was not mentioned anywhere or that Gordon Sr. went to Pyschic? I am writer who is planning to write a article on Gordon Page Jr. to keep his story alive so that he may be found. I take his case a little personally because I have son in the autistic spectrum. I hope that helps. I want to see Gordon found it has been 15 years to long.
Kyle Reed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 04:26 PM   #10
TripleS519
First Time Poster

This guy reminds me of my brother who passed away. What pisses me off is that his parents, who seem to have all the money in the world, just shipped him off and let someone else take care of him. I could never imagine living in my household without my brother, no matter how difficult it was at time. If his parents would have just learned how to care for him this would have never happened.
I hope he is found and still alive. I hope that story is true. I hope he can be back with his family. But maybe he's happier where he is. Autistic people are amazing. My brother was never medicated and he was the most amazing person I have ever know.
TripleS519 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 12:22 AM   #11
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Ouch. That's kinda harsh, man.

If you watch the segment, this happened during a time when not much was known about autism. The only reason the Pages left Gordon at the group home was because they were told it was the best choice for him. I'm certain that if the situation were to unfold itself today, the Pages WOULD have been educated on how to care for Gordon and they WOULD have done just htat. Gordon Page, Sr. is one of the most sympathetic folks I've seen on the show. He beats himself up regularly over his decision.

I don't think it was a matter of not wanting to deal with Gordon. I think it was more a decision on what was best for him. Unfortunately, this happened before we knew a lot about autism and because of that, Gordon suffered.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 01:46 AM   #12
Necco

I completely agree. The Pages seemed to be doing what they thought was best given the information they had at the time. If they just wanted to ship him off for their convenience, they wouldn't have kept him home through his high school years. A lot has been learned about autism in the 18 years since Gordon disappeared. Most people had never even heard of autism in 1991.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci

If you watch the segment, this happened during a time when not much was known about autism. The only reason the Pages left Gordon at the group home was because they were told it was the best choice for him. I'm certain that if the situation were to unfold itself today, the Pages WOULD have been educated on how to care for Gordon and they WOULD have done just htat. Gordon Page, Sr. is one of the most sympathetic folks I've seen on the show. He beats himself up regularly over his decision.

I don't think it was a matter of not wanting to deal with Gordon. I think it was more a decision on what was best for him. Unfortunately, this happened before we knew a lot about autism and because of that, Gordon suffered.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 02:16 AM   #13
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleS519
This guy reminds me of my brother who passed away. What pisses me off is that his parents, who seem to have all the money in the world, just shipped him off and let someone else take care of him. I could never imagine living in my household without my brother, no matter how difficult it was at time. If his parents would have just learned how to care for him this would have never happened.
I hope he is found and still alive. I hope that story is true. I hope he can be back with his family. But maybe he's happier where he is. Autistic people are amazing. My brother was never medicated and he was the most amazing person I have ever know.
Yes, clearly Gordon's parents were made of pure evil and just got tired of him. Please. It is very common for young adults with disabilities to enter group homes that are designed to help them achieve a little bit of independence and have their own life. I know a family who is in this situation, and while the separation was difficult at first, the young woman is really thriving. Does that mean group homes are for everyone? No. Does your situation mean that all autistic people should live with their families? No. Gordon's parents are probably still tearing their hearts out over their decision.
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 11:01 AM   #14
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

Yes, I agree with the majority, the parents are not at fault. To be honest, you could tell by looking them that they were suffering plenty with what consequences their decision to leave Gordie in a group home caused. They certainly did not need folks piling on more. Gordie was put into a group home in 1989 at great reluctance by his parents. At that time, and when he disappeared in 1991, little was known about autism. Certainly little was known compared to what is known now. As a person who has aspergers syndrome, I can somewhat relate although aspergers is a 'milder' version of autism.

However I have zero doubt that Gordie's parents loved him, did not want to get rid of him and are not even negligent. They did what they thought was best for their son after heavy prodding from these group home directors that saw dollar signs and did not really appear to care about the patients, they certainly did not keep them regularly supervised, at least it does not sound like the home Gordie ran away from did. But yeah, I feel bad for Gordie and his parents, you could tell they felt awful about it, if they would have had to do it all over again they would have taken Gordie to Florida with them. I really truly hope Gordon Page Jr is still alive somewhere.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:07 PM   #15
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci

Well said, CRicci.

Every time I watch that segment, my heart just aches for GP, Sr. You can tell he was heartbroken over what happened and he would give anything to have it back so he could keep Gordie home.

I don't think it is at all fair to say his parents didn't care and "just shipped him off." I honestly think they thought he would get better care elsewhere as they couldn't give him what he needed. Sometimes you love something so much that you have to let it go (or at least go somewhere else more suited).

I still pray for that poor family and I pray Mr. Page can someday forgive himself. After all, he didn't do anything wrong, but I'm sure he still feels an insane amount of guilt.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote