Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Apple TV+ Renews Physical for Season 2; Adult Swim Orders 3rd Season of Tuca & Bertie
Doogie Kamealoha, M.D. Premieres September 8; List of a Lifetime Casts TV Stars
Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-31-2010, 09:32 AM   #211
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlatko
Dennis DePue's face. He looks like Frankenstein.

The photograph of Patricia Meehan with her holding a camera. She looks zoned out.

I think the one UM moment that freaked me out the most was the East Area Rapist's message to one of his victims. Try listening to that before bed.
yeah Zlatko that avatar you have is scary, that was the rest stop murderer wasn't it ?
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 06:06 PM   #212
Mystery Man
Frequent Poster

From the Wendy Long case:
Quote:
Robert Stewart aka Tommy was arrested on a drug charge. When in custody, he broke down and said he killed Wendy Long and led authorities to her body. He was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of parole.
Mystery Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 08:56 PM   #213
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

OMG Zlatko....did you have to pick that one
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:06 PM   #214
lauracrook
celinedionfan89
Frequent Poster

Red face

I always thought that Greg Webb (the policeman who murdered Anna Anton in Lyons Nebraska) was freaky looking- especially when they showed an update and the camera went to Greg in handcuffs the way he lookes at the camera...well you can understand why he was a killer...brrr freaky as!
lauracrook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 05:45 PM   #215
Zlatko
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb4884
yeah Zlatko that avatar you have is scary, that was the rest stop murderer wasn't it ?
Yup, that would be the Blind River killer.

The music that goes with the sketch only makes it that much creepier.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 10:25 PM   #216
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

When Micki Jo West is shown being followed to work, with the car coming up. Even though the actress portraying her looks very self-assured and supposedly has a hammer on her person, it's still very freaky!

The killer Dugan (sp?) when he claims he killed three different women and two of them are just small children The reenactments and everything in that case are so eerie.

"Mommy is in the trees"

Even though the case is a little silly with all the "professed vampires" Caera O'Connell's letter from the guy she ran away with is so creepy. "Do you want to know about sex? Then I will tell you." Aaaaaaaaaa
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2010, 02:21 PM   #217
yellowVWchase
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corkys-Place

1: Tara Calico Abduction - Seeing that Polaroid photo of those 2 kids bound and gagged scared the crap out my friend and I as we were roughly the same age as the Boy at the time.

Ugh, that photograph still creeps me out...!
yellowVWchase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2010, 06:24 PM   #218
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

I know the Rick Church attack has been mentioned numerous time, with him outside the house getting ready to go in, etc. But last night for some reason the part when he makes his way up the stairs and the brother is standing there and he's mostly in shadow when he's about to attack came to mind. Ugh.

The music when they're recording the rest stop after the crime just adds to a freaky segment!

The New Orleans serial killer when he forces the woman on the street into his car- thank goodness she survived, but how terrifying!
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:39 PM   #219
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I know the Rick Church attack has been mentioned numerous time, with him outside the house getting ready to go in, etc. But last night for some reason the part when he makes his way up the stairs and the brother is standing there and he's mostly in shadow when he's about to attack came to mind. Ugh.
this gave me nightmares for years. I think I was ten or eleven when that case aired, you think about getting up for a glass of water and see a shadowy man coming up the stairs like that with a knife. Talk about every kid's worst nightmare

He survived but I bet he had nightmares and was traumatized for years. Especially after finding out his parents were dead.

I can't remember the girlfriend's name, but I hope she and her younger brother are doing ok now. Horrific thing to go through.

Of course its very possible she was playing Rick Church and treated him poorly, in which case its partially her fault. Not that I'm justifying what he did, not at all. But its never good to play with people's emotions. Look what happened to Steve McNair.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2010, 12:57 PM   #220
XCalibur
Forum Regular

Several moments come to mind:

1. The Torso slayer segments always freaked me out. A lot because the guy was never caught and at that time you had no idea who the prime supect was, I didn't find out till recently Frank Sweeney was the prime suspect but its still unknown for sure who did that. Either way its not so much now since whoever did it is either dead or in his 90's at least. Apparently there was also a possible connection between him and the Black Dahlia, that clip where they showed that monsterous humanoid that somebody drew up to represent the Torso Slayer, freaked me out completely.

2. That ghost story where those people allegedly found a photograph of their ghost Samuel, even though he was supposed to be a good ghost that photograph totally gave me chills. Especially when they blew up the full TV screen with it.

3. The video with the arsonist talking on the tape of the fire was pretty damn chilling. Luckily they caught that nut.

4. The reinactment of the second attack on Dorothy Wacker was a spine tingler.

5. Discovery of Cindy James' body was spooky with that abandoned house and all.

6. This will seem like a strange one, but remember that guy who researched the UFO sightings over Wytheville, Virginia? They were reinacting the part where he received a call from a former army intelligence officer who was apparently calling to warn him about what they might do to him and his family over his research. Even though it was apparent the guy calling was doing it in his interest, his voice on the phone sounded very ominous and that always got to me. That chilling music they played didn't help either.
But I suppose it was just a reminder of how dangerous it can be to fool with our own government if you expose any corruption or cover ups. In this case it was UFO's, and people like Danny Cassalero have found that out most likely.

Those are the ones that stand out in my mind the most, there are probably more.
XCalibur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 01:39 PM   #221
Mastermind

1. Those damn composite drawings of the aliens in the Allagash Abduction segment. Seriously, UM was purposely trying to scare the wits out it's audience with the at segment. Watched that segment back when I was young and had a ton of bad dreams.,

2. The revelation that Dave Bochs may have been alive when he was lowered into the kiln. Never did a midwestern accent sound so scary.

3. The few clips you get of the alien bodies in the Roswell segement. Freaked me out back in the day.

4. That oh, so haunting photograph of Patricia Meeham. Scarier than any ghost photo.

5. The ever popular Omar the Arsonist.

6. That awful satanic note in the Rachel Runyan segment.

7. I don;t know about the rest of you, but did any of you feel a little unnerved when Robert Stack played the approximate recording of the "Mystery Hum".

8. Every single aspect of the Circleville Writer case.

9. The very creepy calmness of Ayleen Conway's home after her death.

10. The pictures of the murder victims of the Ohio Serial Killer.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 04:14 PM   #222
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
7. I don;t know about the rest of you, but did any of you feel a little unnerved when Robert Stack played the approximate recording of the "Mystery Hum".
Absolutely. I remember seeing that segment as a kid, and have NEVER forgotten that sound. I'm glad someone else found it at least a little creepy.

Quote:
10. The pictures of the murder victims of the Ohio Serial Killer.
Same thing with the NH Serial Killer for me.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 09:13 PM   #223
Alvin Karpis
"Hank Queen"
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
1. Those damn composite drawings of the aliens in the Allagash Abduction segment. Seriously, UM was purposely trying to scare the wits out it's audience with the at segment. Watched that segment back when I was young and had a ton of bad dreams.,

To this day the hair on my arms still stand up because I remember how scared I was as a kid watching it for the first time
Alvin Karpis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2010, 10:08 PM   #224
MissFit29
Forum Regular

The moment when Brad Bishop is slowly walking into his house, just before the murder of his family.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 01:48 PM   #225
tsny82
Occasional Poster

One case that always freaked me out was the Sarah or Amanda? Beard case. This was the one where she was raped by a Jamaican man named Wadada. The part that freaked me out was when he did that chanting after he raped her. Definitely freaky.
tsny82 is offline   Reply With Quote