Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Hulu Renews Love, Victor for Season 3; Archer Season 12 Premieres August 25 on FXX
Antenna TV Fall 2021 Schedule; Rewind TV Launch Schedule Beginning September 1
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of August 2, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (April-August)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)

04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
07/27 - The Neighborhood - Season Three
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-11-2009, 05:45 PM   #211
MissFit29
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Can't believe I never caught this until tonight--in the Kevin Poulsen update, there's a snippet of the clerk scanning Poulsen's groceries before the infamous take-down Hughes Market style. The only intelligible item? Ortega taco shells.
Well, Dark Dante's favorite food WAS tacos.

Security!

MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2009, 07:36 PM   #212
nohwheregirl
THE Mystery Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Can't believe I never caught this until tonight--in the Kevin Poulsen update, there's a snippet of the clerk scanning Poulsen's groceries before the infamous take-down Hughes Market style. The only intelligible item? Ortega taco shells.
How on earth did I miss this??? I want to shake the man's (or woman's) hand who was responsible for this little nugget of comedy gold. Going to re-watch right now....
nohwheregirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:45 AM   #213
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

I just saw the vampire online frenzy episode thanks to a trade. I was laughing SO hard at the part where Stack says "This man convinced middle school and high school students he was a POWERFUL vampire" and the guy looks like SUCH a sleaze. His crimes were not funny at all, but in terms of that claim haha, I could not stop laughing.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 02:53 PM   #214
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

Hey, there definitely are some more funny moments on UM! I feel obligated to bump this priceless thread, if no one has any objections.

How about the picture of the anti-abortionist guy whose picture looks like a drugged out hippy? I always found that pretty comical. Also, I'm not sure if I mentioned it before, but the guy who is always a skeptic on some of the more controversial UM segments. I don't recall his name, but he's always there with a little smile and acts kind of witty. I remember laughing when he was challenging the Bible Code and saying, "Wait a minute! You can't say that because you've just made all possible predictions!" He got pretty into it.
Old 01-07-2010, 09:17 PM   #215
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

Hey, I'm going to bump this again. Surely there must be more funny moments. Here's another I remember. I believe it's from the Dixon case, with the bank robber who calls the FBI about himself "You ever hear of Thomas Dixon? He's the most BADASS bankrobber around!" Always cracked me up.
The Mueller case was also pretty funny, the one with the conman. I just love the facial expressions when he comes back to the bank and the teller looked at him as if to say, "We got you." and Mueller just has this stupified look on his face.
Any cases where men dressed in drag, whether for escape or other ploys, were priceless.
Old 01-07-2010, 10:03 PM   #216
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

I've always gotten a chuckle from one scene in the Dwayne McCorkendale segment. a trucker describes an encounter he had with the suspicious individuals in the brown pinto while driving on the interstate, and he mentions how he radioed to them on his CB that they should slow down and stop driving recklessly (which they were). The guy in the pinto radios back something along the lines of "You don't know who you're messing with good buddy, we'll drive anywhere we want!". I always thought it sounded like a combination of someone doing a bad southern accent along with a bad "tough guy" impersonation. It was just...bad, and laughable.

The rest of the segment was very sad though, poor Dwayne.
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:04 PM   #217
nicoge21
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I just saw the vampire online frenzy episode thanks to a trade. I was laughing SO hard at the part where Stack says "This man convinced middle school and high school students he was a POWERFUL vampire" and the guy looks like SUCH a sleaze. His crimes were not funny at all, but in terms of that claim haha, I could not stop laughing.
was that the episode about the modern day vampires? (96/97 season?)
nicoge21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:25 PM   #218
justins5256
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoge21
was that the episode about the modern day vampires? (96/97 season?)
Yeah, I think so. The original segment was tied in with a story about a young teenage girl who ran off to meet some guy she met on the internet in a vampire chat room or something. She and the guy were found pretty quickly after it first aired. The guy was in some branch of the military and was also wanted for desertion, IIRC.

I can't recall offhand if the bit about the girl was shown on Lifetime or if they edited it out at some point in later years.
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2010, 05:33 PM   #219
nicoge21
Frequent Poster

Ah because I remember a segment from the 96/97 season about "modern day" vampires or something like that.

found the air date:

Episode #406
First aired: 2/21/1997

An investigation into people who are involved in modern day games that involve vampirism. Ceara O'Connell has disappeared and some belive she may have become involved in a vampire game.

http://www.wired.com/culture/lifesty...s/1996/12/1240
Old 01-11-2010, 09:08 PM   #220
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

Yes, that's the one. One of the few missing persons cases that turned out well. It seemed like the runaway scenario really had less to do with vampirism rather than angst, as she claimed later she stayed with him because she felt he was the only one who understood her. The rest of the segment was more about people taking vampirism too seriously and using it as means of extortion.

And I believe I remember seeing it on Lifetime in the later years.

I wonder if those vampire nightclubs are still around
Old 01-11-2010, 09:29 PM   #221
nicoge21
Frequent Poster

Haven't seen that one for years. I remember lifetime re-airing it sometime around 2002 or 2003 had a recording of it but tape got erased somehow. I remember that part you were talking about though with the night clubs lol it was FREAKY
Old 01-13-2010, 08:13 PM   #222
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

I know! I can't help but laugh at the nightclubs and people who aren't kidding when they claim to be vampires. Really now, if vampires did exist, do you think they would really publicize it?
Old 01-14-2010, 11:46 PM   #223
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

I also noticed that in the Countess Conwoman segment, the table that she and her friend are eating at (from the camera's perspective) is shaped like Mickey Mouse.
Old 01-24-2010, 12:27 AM   #224
Oooga Chucka
Frequent Poster

I thought that the actor who played Huey P. Long was a bit over-the-top and subsequently quite funny - "What do you want, you little pissant?"

I just saw a Sci-Med case on Spike today. It was about this Hispanic/Asian family (last name Santos, I think) who have been suffering from strange heart ailments for years. It had claimed 6 lives in their family, the victims ranging from 15 to 34 years of age. Obviously, this was not funny at all, but at one point Dennis Farina was talking about how one of the brothers had just died and another brother was starting to worry about his own health. In the re-enactment it showed the actor playing the brother looking around all nervous like and touching his chest AT THE FUNERAL. Funnier than I'm making it sound, trust me.

Also, on the Tina Resch case, RS stating that the family had become "blase" to the strange events around the house. The visual of an egg flying across the room and the dad's face all like "here we f'n go again" was hilarious.
Oooga Chucka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 12:47 AM   #225
bryndis
eeek
Occasional Poster

The Bonnie Wilder story. The woman who's identity she stole "She's enormous! She weighs 300 lbs, how can she just disappear in public? People like that don't disappear!"
bryndis is offline   Reply With Quote