Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Mary Hartman, Mary Hartman Remake for TBS; Schitt's Creek Producer Hoping to Replicate Success with Son of a Critch
Fri-Yay: Ted Lasso and Mythic Quest Are Promising Comedies on Apple TV+; Paramount+ Announces Cast for The Game Revival
Sarah Silverman Hosting David Letterman Produced TBS Series; More Stars Joining And Just Like That...
Game Show Network Announces New Original Series; Retta Hosting New HGTV Show
Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 01-06-2006, 01:05 AM   #1
MetalHybrid
Frequent Poster

Default Biggest idiot profiled on UM.

For me this one is all too easy to answer. Dick Bocklidge. Medical school is among one of the most academically challanging and demanding fields of study out there, and he (according to the UM episode) appeared to think it'd be a simple walk in the park, nothing but fun and games. And when he was dropped from his course after flunking, he wines and wines and goes about telling other people that they treated him unfair by flunking him, ignorant enough to think that his own failure was someone else's doing. After wining yet again when his appeal to be readmitted to the course was denied, he takes his anger out on Tanya Kopric, killing her and then writing an absurd letter that portrays her as some diabloical individual who deserved such a fate as to be murdered.

So if he had no brains, how did he manage to stay ahead of the law for so long(I don't recall an update so we can assume he's still on the lam)? The same way that John Walsh, in his Public Enemies book, said Ira Einhorn was able to elude capture for so long. Pure undeserved good luck.

So there is my #1 moron who UM profiled, with Adam and Elena Emory running as a close #2. Give me your lists.
MetalHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:54 AM   #2
ddelta
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHybrid
For me this one is all too easy to answer. Dick Bocklidge. Medical school is among one of the most academically challanging and demanding fields of study out there, and he (according to the UM episode) appeared to think it'd be a simple walk in the park, nothing but fun and games. And when he was dropped from his course after flunking, he wines and wines and goes about telling other people that they treated him unfair by flunking him, ignorant enough to think that his own failure was someone else's doing. After wining yet again when his appeal to be readmitted to the course was denied, he takes his anger out on Tanya Kopric, killing her and then writing an absurd letter that portrays her as some diabloical individual who deserved such a fate as to be murdered.

So if he had no brains, how did he manage to stay ahead of the law for so long(I don't recall an update so we can assume he's still on the lam)? The same way that John Walsh, in his Public Enemies book, said Ira Einhorn was able to elude capture for so long. Pure undeserved good luck.

So there is my #1 moron who UM profiled, with Adam and Elena Emory running as a close #2. Give me your lists.
Tommy Gibson's father (I can't recall his name right now) is my #1 idiot. I was happy that UM (or Lifetime) put the update in right after they have the idiot saying he did nothing to his son....UPDATE....Mr. Gibson was arrested for the death of his son and convicted of manslaughter. The slime is out already......still claiming he did nothing. His daughter and wife both turned on him. Loser.

Idiot #2 is Steven Marfeo who is accused of killing his wife. They interviewed him too and he of course claimed he was totally innocent....then the update says he killed his girlfriend and himself in 1999. Pathetic.

There is also another case that i can't recall too much but i remember it was a husband being accused of killing his missing wife and he said something to the fact that "I didn't do it and no one in my family did it that they told me about.". HUH??
ddelta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #3
RightOnDude
Frequent Poster

#1 idiot (or at least the STUPIDEST name ever): WADADA
RightOnDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:00 PM   #4
Thinman
Frequent Poster

The guy who said, "And I'm Michael Jordan. I play basketball for the Chicago Bulls."
Thinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 03:03 PM   #5
Ireneparalegal
LEGAL SPICE ;)
Forum Legend

Location: OXNARD, CA - WHERE THE DALLAS COWBOYS TRAIN & PRACTICE

Quote:
Originally Posted by RightOnDude
#1 idiot (or at least the STUPIDEST name ever): WADADA
is that the guy who is Jamaican and has dreadlocks?
Old 01-06-2006, 08:55 PM   #6
Allierain
Forum Old-Timer
Frequent Poster

The idiots the rest of you have posted are some humdingers and I agree. One of the worst I have seen on UM (I don't remember the exact details so please excuse me) has to do with a mother who kidnapped her son when she and her husband divorced. She was the lady who spoke French and had French citizenship; she also appeared in the interesting soccer team picture with her son. The update, which I have only seen once, stated that her son died of leukemia before he and his father could be reunited. I was shaking my head as I read the screen. While the mother didn't cause her son's death, it was awful that she took him away to never be with his father again. She's my pick for one of the biggest UM idiots.

(Greetings everyone, I haven't been around here in a looooooong time....)
Allierain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2006, 10:29 PM   #7
DarkDante

I actually think Bocklidge is a pretty smart guy. Deserves to rot for what he did but you will find some of the smartest people in the world - musicians, authors, artists didn't do that well in school. Case in point - John Lennon school report said something to the fact that "he's never going to amount to much..."

Beyond that Bocklidge in my opinion is a frustrated, mentally disturbed man but that doesn't mean he isn't going to be captured anytime soon. There are sadly just so many places one can hide in this world. Once you get out of the country where you are wanted your chances of not being captured rise 100% - Brad Bishop is another one who will likely never be brought to justice, Donald Eugene Webb and the man who killed his wife on his son's birthday and then escaped to Ireland. I don't think he's even been apprehended either.

My theory on Bocklidge is he is out of the country, on the lam perhaps being supported by someone or maybe has even started a new life for himself. I don't think they will ever locate him.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 02:32 AM   #8
MetalHybrid
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
I actually think Bocklidge is a pretty smart guy. Deserves to rot for what he did but you will find some of the smartest people in the world - musicians, authors, artists didn't do that well in school. Case in point - John Lennon school report said something to the fact that "he's never going to amount to much..."

Beyond that Bocklidge in my opinion is a frustrated, mentally disturbed man but that doesn't mean he isn't going to be captured anytime soon. There are sadly just so many places one can hide in this world. Once you get out of the country where you are wanted your chances of not being captured rise 100% - Brad Bishop is another one who will likely never be brought to justice, Donald Eugene Webb and the man who killed his wife on his son's birthday and then escaped to Ireland. I don't think he's even been apprehended either.

My theory on Bocklidge is he is out of the country, on the lam perhaps being supported by someone or maybe has even started a new life for himself. I don't think they will ever locate him.

DarkDante,

Well you have apoint about intillectuals not being looked upon favorable in school. Einstein had that happen to him as we all know, but getting back the point about Bocklidge, he just didn't seem to be the type who could take take the blame for his own faults. According to the segment he appeared to blame the school for his academic failure. One of the people interviewed in the segment mentioned something about how Bocklidge just didn't get the concept about how rigorous the pharmaceutical studies were, that he did not take the studies serious enough and had no idea that this was the only reason for his failure. He might have done better if he had either tried harder or just found a different field of study.

I do agree that those who skip the States are less likely to get caught. Although Ira Einhorn and James Sillivan, among others, have been apprehended abroad, many have not. I agree that Bishop and Web are highly unlikely to join the list that Einhorn and Sillivan are a part of. I am not familair with the man who killed his wife and on son's b-day. For all we know people like Bocklidge, Bishop, and Webb have been deceased for quite some time now.
MetalHybrid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2006, 12:30 PM   #9
robbieasbury
Frequent Poster

Who was the guy on the Unsolved Mysteries episode who dropped his wife off the side of the road and she disappeared? When interviewed on UM he said ever since she's been gone things have been looking pretty good.
robbieasbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #10
RightOnDude
Frequent Poster

Default Another one

The woman who poisoned her husband Gilbert with ant killer in his "protein shake" ... yeah, that wouldn't be tough to spot when he fell sick and someone happened to find what he had been drinking out of. Also, for this conversation she had:

"A man outside tried to get Jonathan!"

"Who? What man?"

"I don't know, some man said he was going to hurt Jonathan! He was wearing a mask or something!"

That still cracks me up to this day, thinking about what a horrible liar the person was. Or at least they were in the re-enactment.
Old 01-09-2006, 10:52 AM   #11
RightOnDude
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ireneparalegal
is that the guy who is Jamaican and has dreadlocks?
yep and he cheaped off those art school beatnik chicks
Old 01-09-2006, 12:11 PM   #12
Kane
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MetalHybrid
For all we know people like Bocklidge, Bishop, and Webb have been deceased for quite some time now.
That should be rephrased as "for all we think". Maybe those people are deceased, but the mere fact that they have been on the run for as long as they have doesn't prove it. (In fact, I remember from an edition of the Guinness Book of World Records that the longest anyone was on the run before finally being caught was 46 years!) Until those guys can be found (alive or otherwise), the theory of them being dead will be impossible to prove.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:05 PM   #13
DarkDante

^ Case in point - Leo J. Koury - Was on the 10 most wanted list since the late 1970s, basically looked like a gangly, bumbling buffoon and was able to elude authorities until 1991 I believe when he was found dead - registered in a hospital under an alias - William Franklin Biddle.

Another good example would be John Burns who murdered his mistress in 1970. He would have been in hiding forever if UM didn't flush him out. As it was by the time he was captured Burns was so old and in poor health that he didn't even make it to trial.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2006, 02:22 PM   #14
Kane
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
^ Case in point - Leo J. Koury - Was on the 10 most wanted list since the late 1970s, basically looked like a gangly, bumbling buffoon and was able to elude authorities until 1991 I believe when he was found dead - registered in a hospital under an alias - William Franklin Biddle.

Another good example would be John Burns who murdered his mistress in 1970. He would have been in hiding forever if UM didn't flush him out. As it was by the time he was captured Burns was so old and in poor health that he didn't even make it to trial.
Don't forget Kathy Power. She was wanted for her involvement in a bank robbery that resulted in the murder of Walter Schroeder (a Boston police officer). She was on the lam for 23 years, until she finally surrendered in 1993. She was sentenced to a term of 8 to 12 years in prison, and has since been paroled.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2006, 06:17 PM   #15
SitcomsAreTheWay
Retro Sitcoms Fanatic
Forum Regular

Quote:
Miles Davis as well.
SitcomsAreTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote