Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Golden Girls Central / The Golden Girls links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / The Golden Girls Photo Gallery / The Golden Palace Message Board

The Golden Girls - Season 1

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 1 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 2

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 2 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 3

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 3 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 4

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 4 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 5

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 5 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 6

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 6 on DVD
The Golden Girls - Season 7

Buy The Golden Girls - Season 7 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1980s Sitcoms > The Golden Girls

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Fall 2021 Premiere Dates; B.J. Novak's The Premise to Premiere on FX on Hulu
Damon Wayans Jr. to Host Frogger; Awkwafina Is Nora from Queens Getting All-Star Guests
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 26, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Manifest Cancellation Being Reconsidered; American Housewife Sold for Broadcast Syndication
Fri-Yay: 2021 Emmy Nominations Heavy on New Comedies, Light on Traditional Sitcoms; That Damn Michael Che Gets a Second Season
Lifetime Announces Justina Machado TV Movie; ABC News to Focus on Superstars
HBO Max's Love Life Season 2 Announces Cast; Kevin Hart and Jason Biggs Host Back-to-Back Shows on E!

New on DVD/Blu-ray (March-July)

Fuller House - The Complete Series Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release) Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)

03/02 - Blue Mountain State - The Complete Series
03/02 - Happy Together - The Complete Series
03/02 - Rick and Morty - The Complete Seasons 1-4 (DVD) (Blu-ray)
04/20 - 'Til Death - The Complete Series
05/11 - Dead to Me - Season Two
06/08 - The Critic - The Complete Series
06/08 - Fuller House - The Fifth and Final Season
06/08 - Fuller House - The Complete Series
06/08 - Our Cartoon President - Season 3
06/15 - The Office - Season 1 (Blu-ray) / 2 / 3 / 4 / 5 / 6 / 7 / 8 / 9
06/15 - Parks and Recreation - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
07/07 - No Activity - Season 2
07/13 - The Unicorn - Season 2
07/20 - Head of the Class - The Complete Third Season
07/27 - Family Ties - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
07/27 - Hot in Cleveland - The Complete Series (2021 Re-Release)
08/03 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-13-2006, 11:42 AM   #1
Nermal1975
Occasional Poster

Default Is anyone else ticked off at Lifetime?

Is it me or every time Lifetime gets rerun rights to a new show, "The Golden Girls" gets pushed back later and later. I remember when it was on at 11 p.m. every night for years then all of sudden "Will & Grace" comes along and "GG" gets pushed back to midnight. Now "Frasier" is on and "GG" doesn't come on until 1 a.m. and then it's only on for a half-hour?? I know I can watch it at 6 p.m. for an hour, but I always enjoyed watching the show at night to relax after a hard day in my pajamas in bed. Bummer man.

Nermal
Nermal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2006, 03:25 PM   #2
Cali
Proud TV-aholic
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nermal1975
Is it me or every time Lifetime gets rerun rights to a new show, "The Golden Girls" gets pushed back later and later. I remember when it was on at 11 p.m. every night for years then all of sudden "Will & Grace" comes along and "GG" gets pushed back to midnight. Now "Frasier" is on and "GG" doesn't come on until 1 a.m. and then it's only on for a half-hour?? I know I can watch it at 6 p.m. for an hour, but I always enjoyed watching the show at night to relax after a hard day in my pajamas in bed. Bummer man.

Nermal
I agree with you 100%....why are they pushing back Golden Girls? ...and, before they did it for (of all shows) The Nanny! I cannot tolerate FD's laugh... I want my GG back at 6:00PM and 11:00PM!
Old 03-22-2006, 06:11 PM   #3
MichaelKane20
Frequent Poster

I guess since mostly all the DVDS are out they are trying to ease it out of the schedules
MichaelKane20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 03:14 PM   #4
SBTB Geek
Smooth Moderator
Forum Veteran

Don't complain, I think Lifetime is treating the show fairly. My sister is a fan of the show and I always wake up to the theme song in the morning, then I hear it again after school, and once for a last time at night.

I think GG is one of the most played shows on TV after "Roseanne," "Fresh Prince," and the "Simpsons".
SBTB Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 06:51 PM   #5
goldengirlsfan03
Occasional Poster

I am also very angry at Lifetime. I miss watching the girls as I was falling asleep!!!

I hate that they change the schedule so much. I wish they would find one and stick to it!
goldengirlsfan03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 10:08 PM   #6
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Star

The frequent schedule changes for the show on Lifetime is one of the main reasons I will be so very happy to have all of the episodes on DVD!!!
80sTrivia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2006, 11:11 PM   #7
jayman75
I Love the 80s!
Forum 3K Club Member

Send a message via Yahoo to jayman75

Keep in mind, everyone, that Lifetime usually does this when they bring a new show in... but then bring TGG back to the regular time. They have already moved Frasier from 11 to 12. I'm sure it will just be a matter of time.

Just get your DVD player working, get the DVDs, and enjoy those for right now.

The Wonder Years, Burns and Allen, The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Are You Being Served?,
Family Guy, South Park, Designing Women, The Golden Girls,
Dallas, The Facts of Life, Roseanne, Will and Grace,
The Twilight Zone, Original Scooby-Doo, Murphy Brown, The Big Bang Theory...

Talk to me about one of these shows, and I'm all yours...
jayman75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2006, 12:33 AM   #8
Nermal1975
Occasional Poster

Yeah, thank God for the DVDs. I only have season 1 and 2. I've been putting one in before I snuggle up in bed; however, I always wake up to the menu and an instrumental version of the theme song over and over. It's actually a nice way to wake up!

Nermal
Nermal1975 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2006, 04:28 PM   #9
Golden Guy
Occasional Poster

It would seem the "DVD" theory would hold some water here. Let's remember that Lifetime, like any other station is trying to make money here. So, as more of the show come out on DVD, the less people watch Lifetime. This causes the ad dollars to go down, and therefore life goes running scared...They end up putting on new shows in prime time slots. Eventually, you may not see the Golden Girls at all on Lifetime...Start buying the DVD's now!!
Golden Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 12:14 AM   #10
MikeLutton
Mike Lutton DVD Legend!
Forum Veteran

Default reply

that not all the Golden Palace ends on lifetime after next week Golden Girls returns to its regular line up after Gp episodes are all shown
MikeLutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 09:19 AM   #11
80sTrivia
Pop Culture Soothsayer
Forum Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Golden Guy
They end up putting on new shows in prime time slots. Eventually, you may not see the Golden Girls at all on Lifetime...Start buying the DVD's now!!
I really hope this never comes to pass, as I think it would be a HUGE mistake on Lifetime's part. The network has earned countless millions of dollars in ad revenue over the years from broadcasting the show... in fact, I'd dare to say TGG is responsible for making the network economically viable.
80sTrivia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 02:59 PM   #12
missjohnR
KELLIE PICKLER IS #1
Frequent Poster

Location: Somewhere in the East where alot of people NEVER heard of.

I have directv and I think it might be only in my area...Here in VA the GG is on at 9am, 11am, 6pm and 11pm. But sometimes GG will be on midnight or 1am in the morning.

Kellie Pickler will always be number one. She is the TRUE American Idol. She proved it on Wednesday night.
missjohnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2006, 07:19 PM   #13
MikeLutton
Mike Lutton DVD Legend!
Forum Veteran

same here all times that they on your area on here2. all i got say is tape Golden palace while u can
MikeLutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2006, 12:55 PM   #14
missjohnR
KELLIE PICKLER IS #1
Frequent Poster

Location: Somewhere in the East where alot of people NEVER heard of.

I have all the episodes that they aired when they first showed them. But I really like the Golden Girls episdoes better then the Golden Palace. I only like the 2 episdoes that Bea was in.
missjohnR is offline   Reply With Quote