Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Games / Movies / Music / Sports / Random Posts / Politics

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Chit Chat > Chit Chat - Music

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-25-2018, 09:45 AM   #1
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Default Any Lorrie Morgan fans?

The country music ladies of the 80s and 90s were exceptionally talented.

Lorrie Morgan is one of the best. I've been a fan of hers as long as I can remember.

My favorite songs by her are "Except for Monday", "Five Minutes", "A Picture of Me (Without You)", "Watch Me", "Good as I Was to You", & "Go Away".

Hopefully, I'll be able to see her in concert for the first time on October 18th!

Deuteronomy 15:10
In loving memory of my best friend, my Mama.

Last edited by tlc38tlc38; 04-25-2018 at 11:16 AM.
tlc38tlc38 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:02 AM   #2
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

I enjoy Lorrie quite a bit. Some of my favorites:

Watch Me
Except for Monday
Back in Your Arms Again
Five Minutes
What Part of No
I Didn't Know My Own Strength

I've never gotten the chance to see her live. I always hoped to catch one of the shows she does with Pam Tillis.
HuntingtonM15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2018, 11:15 AM   #3
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15
I enjoy Lorrie quite a bit. Some of my favorites:

Watch Me
Except for Monday
Back in Your Arms Again
Five Minutes
What Part of No
I Didn't Know My Own Strength

I've never gotten the chance to see her live. I always hoped to catch one of the shows she does with Pam Tillis.
I'm seeing Pam on October 13th and Lorrie on October 18th, oddly enough at the same venue but they won't be performing together.

I have their "Dos Divas" CD. It's really good.

Last edited by tlc38tlc38; 04-25-2018 at 09:18 PM.
Old 04-25-2018, 08:51 PM   #4
Penny Lane
POL-DARK AND HANDSOME
Forum Celebrity

I love country music from the 80's and early 90's. Lorrie Morgan, Tanya Tucker, Patty Loveless, Carlene Carter, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Pam Tillis and Trisha Yearwood to name a few.Lorrie Morgan is not only talented but very beautiful!
Old 04-25-2018, 09:17 PM   #5
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penny Lane
I love country music from the 80's and early 90's. Lorrie Morgan, Tanya Tucker, Patty Loveless, Carlene Carter, Mary Chapin Carpenter, Pam Tillis and Trisha Yearwood to name a few.Lorrie Morgan is not only talented but very beautiful!
I like all those ladies!

I wish Patty Loveless would do more concerts. I'd love to see her.
Old 04-25-2018, 09:57 PM   #6
JO Sweet Heart

I love "Dear Me", "Half Enough", "One Of Those Nights", and her covers of "The Sad Cafe" and "Don't Worry, Baby" from the Eagles and the Beach Boys.

God bless you and Lorrie always!!!

Holly
Old 05-11-2018, 02:24 AM   #7
LaBestia
Crazy For Dax Shepard

I first started liking Lorrie Morgan when my mom bought the album Watch Me and I spied my mother listening to the Watch Me album and I asked her "Who is that girl she sings wonderful" and my mom replied Lorrie Morgan and my mother handed me the album jewel case and I was amazed at Lorrie's talent and songs. My mother also got Lorrie Morgan's Greatest Hits album and Mom and I loved her cover of Don't Worry Baby and it was a great remake with The Beach Boys. Later last year I got a Lorrie Morgan album of my own which was her duet album with her former husband Sammy Kershaw called I Finally Found Someone and I liked it a lot. Too bad Sammy Kershaw and Lorrie Morgan couldn't stay together because they made great duet partners but if the late Keith Whitley would be alive today I bet Lorrie Morgan and Keith Whitley would make a good duet album today
Bestie
Old 05-11-2018, 11:36 AM   #8
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

I'm really looking forward to seeing this awesome lady in October! I've never seen her in concert before so it'll be a special treat.

The venue that she's at usually allows the musicians to do meet and greets and sign autographs after the show, I really hope I get to meet her!
Old 10-17-2018, 05:02 PM   #9
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Going tomorrow to see Lorrie! Can't wait! Hope she does a meet and greet!
Old 10-19-2018, 08:21 AM   #10
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Saw her yesterday and I just gotta say this...

Her voice is failing her terribly. It cracks and she can't hold a note now for anything. It's truly sad. I'm not sure what happened to her.

She also left immediately after singing and didn't do autographs/meet & greet, which I was expecting because Pam Tillis did do autographs on Saturday (in the same venue). I spoke with a couple more attendees and they said she never does meet and greets.

I still like her (just not as much...this experience left a bad taste in my mouth) and enjoy her music but I probably won't bother going to another of her concerts. She just strikes me as a "too good type" that doesn't won't to bother with her fans.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:25 AM   #11
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlc38tlc38 View Post
Saw her yesterday and I just gotta say this...

Her voice is failing her terribly. It cracks and she can't hold a note now for anything. It's truly sad. I'm not sure what happened to her.

She also left immediately after singing and didn't do autographs/meet & greet, which I was expecting because Pam Tillis did do autographs on Saturday (in the same venue). I spoke with a couple more attendees and they said she never does meet and greets.

I still like her (just not as much...this experience left a bad taste in my mouth) and enjoy her music but I probably won't bother going to another of her concerts. She just strikes me as a "too good type" that doesn't won't to bother with her fans.
That's disappointing to hear. Do you think maybe she was under the weather and that's the reason for her poor singing or do you think she's truly lost her voice?

I know that both Pam and Lorrie do meet & greets after the shows that they perform together. However, I really believe Lorrie only does them because of Pam. Pam has done them for as long as I can remember and it would make Lorrie look bad if she didn't participate with Pam.

I'm sorry to hear that the whole experience was rather lackluster.
Old 10-19-2018, 09:35 AM   #12
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15 View Post
That's disappointing to hear. Do you think maybe she was under the weather and that's the reason for her poor singing or do you think she's truly lost her voice?

I know that both Pam and Lorrie do meet & greets after the shows that they perform together. However, I really believe Lorrie only does them because of Pam. Pam has done them for as long as I can remember and it would make Lorrie look bad if she didn't participate with Pam.

I'm sorry to hear that the whole experience was rather lackluster.
It seems as though opposites attract when it comes to Pam and Lorrie. Lorrie has always just struck me as a country Mariah Carey. On the other hand, Pam is so down to earth and humble.

About her voice...I've been watching some recent videos with her and she sounds bad in them, too. I think she's smoked one too many cigarettes. Lorrie's band was also uncommonly loud, which is a dead giveaway that you're trying to cover up your voice.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:23 AM   #13
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
It seems as though opposites attract when it comes to Pam and Lorrie. Lorrie has always just struck me as a country Mariah Carey. On the other hand, Pam is so down to earth and humble.

About her voice...I've been watching some recent videos with her and she sounds bad in them, too. I think she's smoked one too many cigarettes. Lorrie's band was also uncommonly loud, which is a dead giveaway that you're trying to cover up your voice.
Ugh, you're right. That's a real shame. I will never understand when singers who actually have good singing voices destroy them with cigarettes and such. I probably wouldn't waste the time seeing a solo Lorrie show now after your review.
Old 10-19-2018, 11:13 AM   #14
tlc38tlc38
Every dayís a Dolly day!
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuntingtonM15 View Post
Ugh, you're right. That's a real shame. I will never understand when singers who actually have good singing voices destroy them with cigarettes and such. I probably wouldn't waste the time seeing a solo Lorrie show now after your review.

Don't let me detour you from seeing her. Who knows, she may be great when you go.

I'm still waiting a praying for Patty Loveless, Lee Ann Womack, Jo Dee Messina, & Terri Clark to tour near me. I'd love to see these ladies!
Old 10-19-2018, 01:22 PM   #15
HuntingtonM15
That Bothers Me
Forum Veteran

Quote:
Don't let me detour you from seeing her. Who knows, she may be great when you go.

I'm still waiting a praying for Patty Loveless, Lee Ann Womack, Jo Dee Messina, & Terri Clark to tour near me. I'd love to see these ladies!
The only one of those I haven't seen yet is Jo Dee. I once had tickets to see her but the concert was cancelled. Patty is one of my favorite people on planet earth so I would ABSOLUTELY LOVE for her to tour again. But it seems like that's not in the cards, but you never know. The one and only time I ever saw her was on an Opry tour so she only got to sing five songs and a couple with Vince Gill.