Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Green Acres links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / Green Acres Photo Gallery

Green Acres - The Complete First Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete First Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Second Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Second Season on DVD
Green Acres - The Complete Third Season

Buy Green Acres - The Complete Third Season on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1960s Sitcoms > Green Acres

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 11-20-2007, 07:35 PM   #16
Zoneboy
RIP, I'LL NEVER FORGET YOU :(
Forum Celebrity

Location: AT HOME WISHING ALL THIS WAS JUST A DREAM AND THAT I'LL WAKE UP FROM THIS NIGHTMARE.
Oh No

Old 11-22-2007, 02:52 AM   #17
Jack1000

Terrible news,

Several reasons why:

1.) Mr. Bare is too old to be doing this.

2.) Remakes almost ALWAYS are so far below the original of anything that they aren't worth the time or effort.

3.) If any remake got off the ground, it would be sexually suggestive and have raunchy humor and/or politically correct jokes that would fall flat.

4.) They are planning this as REPLACEMENT filler for the writer's strike, which means there are doubts as to the quality of the production before it even begins.

5.) Remember Match Game and how it tanked after the imitation versions, ending with the God-Awful Match Game 98 with SOAP STARS as celebrities? You can't mess with a GEM like the original Green Acres! To do so, is literally an insult to some of the greatest comedy writing of all time. The legendary actors, many of whom have sadly passed away would be insulted at a remake for obvious reasons.

6.) If those who were still involved with the show REALLY want to make a difference, how about working with MGM or whoever has the DVD rights now, to get the rest of the show on DVD?

Jack
Jack1000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:02 AM   #18
Mikado
Main st bridge
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoneboy
OMG Zone!!!
Mikado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 03:05 AM   #19
Mikado
Main st bridge
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by catlover79
Mikey - you're TERRIBLE!!
Im glad SOMEONE noticed my little joke, Cat
Old 11-22-2007, 12:26 PM   #20
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikado
Im glad SOMEONE noticed my little joke, Cat
Don't I always, Mikey??

"I'm alive. I'm feeling good. I'm trying to live every moment as much as I can." - Valerie Harper, March 2013
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2007, 05:06 PM   #21
Mikado
Main st bridge
Forum Celebrity

......And just imagine the new "ramped-up" version of the theme song, by Motley Crue!!!
Old 11-23-2007, 06:34 AM   #22
comedyfreak
Cheers!
Forum Veteran

No one can come close to the originals, they should leave it alone.
Old 02-29-2008, 09:28 PM   #23
Miss Lisa

I never like the remakes. Green Acres was a great show and was already done perfectly. How could you redo that with the kind of TV shows that they're writing today? Besides, in my mind they could never replace Eddie Albert and Eva Gabor. Once I get used to a character it's weird to see some one else try to play the part. My worst fear is that they'll cast Paris Hilton to be Lisa, George Clooney as Oliver and Jim Carrey as Eb. That would scary.
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:20 PM   #24
richieonline
Frequent Poster

What if???? What if they just stayed exactly true to the original show? I mean almost to the letter... Exact replica sets, the witty humor, classic characters recreated? We always say remakes are usually never any good but they hardly ever make a TRUE remake and try to duplicate the original.... they always make the mistake of trying to update it which ruins it, because we all fell in love with the way it was and we want THAT to continue..... thoughts?? :-)
richieonline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2008, 11:32 PM   #25
Miss Lisa

But if they were going to do an exact replica of the show wouldn't it be pointless because most time it would just be easier to turn on your own TV and watch the show itself?
Miss Lisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 01:03 PM   #26
richieonline
Frequent Poster

Well i'm not saying no new story lines or exploration or perhaps the introduction of a new character(s) at some point.... same show just a continuation.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:32 PM   #27
kooky12

So......
1) if you remake exactly like the original, there is no sense of watching it - just watch the original.
2) but if you try to update, that always seems to fail miserably.
What kind of updates ? If you stick in the same sex jokes that the sitcoms have been recycling since Three's Company, or just get over-the-top dirty, that would be a sad failure.
But an update in time might be amusing - but still keep the community somewhat in the dark ages. Update the Douglas' phone to a rotary one. Have Mr. Kimball drive around with one of those early giant cellphones. Mr Haney could have Fred Sanford's pickup. (Keep the Hoyt-Clagwell, though!)
A new Old Mail Day could find a letter keeping someone out of the Vietnam war. Let Lisa bloop her hotcakes in a microwave. Put an ATM in Drucker's, and Joe Carson can try to coax money out of it.
As long as they try to keep the spirit of the show, it may be fun to see.
kooky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2008, 08:33 PM   #28
richieonline
Frequent Poster

Well would you all watch them if all of a sudden they found say 5 new epidodes of green acres that were never aired????? Of course you would, you couldn't change the channel to wherever they were showing it fast enough. My point being there is some merit in exploring a remake/continuation of the series without totally redoing to many things (new actors obviously).

We watch the old episodes because we love them, they take us back to a simpler time we are fond of (escapism if you will), they ended the show to soon, let the episodes continue I say!!!
Old 03-28-2008, 12:59 PM   #29
kooky12

Let the new episodes come!
kooky12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2008, 01:31 PM   #30
catlover79
God Bless Val
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by comedyfreak
No one can come close to the originals, they should leave it alone.
catlover79 is offline   Reply With Quote