Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Stars from Fan-Favorite Series Reunite on It's a Wonderful Lifetime; HGTV's A Very Brady Contest
FXX Comedy Archer Gets 11th Season; TBS Sets Date for Comedy Game Show with The Good Place Star
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 22, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: New Tina Fey Sitcom Starring Ted Danson in the Works; A.P. Bio Gets a Reprieve
Fri-Yay: Beyond Friends and The Office: Other Great Sitcoms on Streaming Services; Mad About You Launches During Holiday 2019 Season
HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series


New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-07-2016, 12:57 PM   #46
Killarney Rose
Member
Forum Regular
 
Killarney Rose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 24, 2010
Location: AL
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcgr
I think you may be reading too much into Knoxville. If you start at DC with a full tank, you'll need to get gas around Knoxville. (BTW Knoxville is nowhere near DC!) He stopped for gas but in his mental state he then couldn't find the right key so he was stuck there. Where was he headed from there? Hard to say. He would have had to take I-66 which runs near Dulles Airport runs into I-81 which ends at I-40. From Knoxville I-40 heads out west but I-75 which runs into I-40 west of Knoxville runs down to Florida via Atlanta. He could also have easily got on I-59 to New Orleans. Many roads out of Atlanta. Basically, he could have been headed anywhere. Seems he was driving in a straight but random line to me so that "they" wouldn't get him.

My personal theory is that he was acting crazy wandering around near his motel and ran into people that roll such people (there is a truck stop right across the street which was probably there then and more than one UM segment has been based on truck stop predators) or maybe a truck stpop hoooker and her support staff and that he started acting so crazy (maybe ripping his clothes off and throwing money around and making noise) that the killers just struck him hard to shut him up and after seeing the blood and his stillness fled, possibly grabbing his bag on the way out and tossing it nearby when nothing of value was found in it.
This case aired this morning. I really like the theory that Blair was only in Knoxville because he stopped for gas. It's makes perfect sense to me.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 01:54 PM   #47
RobinW
Member
Senior Member
 
RobinW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 1,850
Default

I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Thinking Sideways podcast, but they covered the Blair Adams case last week:
http://thinkingsidewayspodcast.com/

One piece of info they mention which I didn't know was that Blair's duffel bag contained a bunch of receipts, one of which was the receipt for his rental car... signed with someone else's name! The signature was for a person who was apparently a friend of Blair's from Canada, but they've never been publicly named. It's unclear if this person really did sign the agreement or if Blair simply decided to forge someone else's name.

Anyway, the whole podcast is worth a listen and has a bunch of interesting theories. They even make mention of this very message board and discuss a poster named "Nerdgurl" who showed up here years ago and claimed to be a friend of Blair's before sharing some wild (but unsubstantiated) theories about Blair going to Germany for a construction job and having an affair with a young girl, which may have prompted someone to target him.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:31 PM   #48
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Anyway, the whole podcast is worth a listen and has a bunch of interesting theories. They even make mention of this very message board and discuss a poster named "Nerdgurl" who showed up here years ago and claimed to be a friend of Blair's before sharing some wild (but unsubstantiated) theories about Blair going to Germany for a construction job and having an affair with a young girl, which may have prompted someone to target him.
Oh yeah, I remember that. It was weird, but it seemed like a few people were satisfied with at least Blair being on a job in Germany as an explanation for why the currency was on his person. Curious that it's never been confirmed or denied publicly, though.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 06:36 PM   #49
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Killarney Rose
This case aired this morning. I really like the theory that Blair was only in Knoxville because he stopped for gas. It's makes perfect sense to me.
Co-sign.

I think it's the simplest explanation--just like the investigator said in the segment, he had no friends, family, or ties to this area at all.

I think he was ill, and someone took advantage of him.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 08:28 PM   #50
SJP1313
Member
Frequent Poster
 
SJP1313's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 31, 2003
Location: NH
Posts: 85
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
I don't know how many of you are familiar with the Thinking Sideways podcast, but they covered the Blair Adams case last week:
http://thinkingsidewayspodcast.com/

One piece of info they mention which I didn't know was that Blair's duffel bag contained a bunch of receipts, one of which was the receipt for his rental car... signed with someone else's name! The signature was for a person who was apparently a friend of Blair's from Canada, but they've never been publicly named. It's unclear if this person really did sign the agreement or if Blair simply decided to forge someone else's name.

Anyway, the whole podcast is worth a listen and has a bunch of interesting theories. They even make mention of this very message board and discuss a poster named "Nerdgurl" who showed up here years ago and claimed to be a friend of Blair's before sharing some wild (but unsubstantiated) theories about Blair going to Germany for a construction job and having an affair with a young girl, which may have prompted someone to target him.
I just listened to the Thinking Sideways podcast episode on this yesterday, and saw it on UM this morning. I thought the receipt for the rental car being signed with someone else's name was VERY interesting. I hadn't heard that bit of info either, but wow. That kind of changes any theory I had! Now I don't know what to think. I also hadn't heard that he died from a ruptured stomach. I cant imagine how painful that must of been.
SJP1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 10:01 AM   #51
RobinW
Member
Senior Member
 
RobinW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 1,850
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJP1313
I just listened to the Thinking Sideways podcast episode on this yesterday, and saw it on UM this morning. I thought the receipt for the rental car being signed with someone else's name was VERY interesting. I hadn't heard that bit of info either, but wow. That kind of changes any theory I had! Now I don't know what to think. I also hadn't heard that he died from a ruptured stomach. I cant imagine how painful that must of been.
Yeah, I cringe at the theory that Blair got into an altercation with someone elsewhere walked around for awhile with a painful ruptured stomach before he collapsed in the parking lot. It would be incredible if some random person struck Blair in the stomach at another location and did not even realize that they ultimately caused his death.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 10:22 AM   #52
jjmcgr
Member
Frequent Poster
 
jjmcgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 15, 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 249
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinW
Yeah, I cringe at the theory that Blair got into an altercation with someone elsewhere walked around for awhile with a painful ruptured stomach before he collapsed in the parking lot. It would be incredible if some random person struck Blair in the stomach at another location and did not even realize that they ultimately caused his death.

All signs at the murder scene point to the attack being busted, probably because Blair was making a lot of noise and the attacker(s) having to flee, leaving money behind on the ground and jettisoning the duffle bag. Killing someone by a punch in the stomach does not seem the usual way, perhaps implying a robbery, a punch to shut him up, pants pulled down to keep him from running away, and then a sudden getaway. In other words the goal was robbery not murder...

Blair was seemingly wandering around carrying the big old duffle bag, which would seem odd to anyone seeing him, even more so in a place like Knoxville. This may have made bad guys interested in robbery.
jjmcgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 03:04 PM   #53
cordwainer1453
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Jun 05, 2011
Location: Mass
Posts: 167
Default

My theory is that if someone was really folllowing Blair around, they had to be pretty inept. Why chase him down that far, when obviously they had to be pretty close behind him to follow all his twists and turns. It seems there would have been an earlier, easier time to attack before this supposed stalker did attack.
cordwainer1453 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2016, 12:40 AM   #54
jjmcgr
Member
Frequent Poster
 
jjmcgr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 15, 2005
Location: Kansas
Posts: 249
Default

finally listened to the whole podcast. it was pretty good. after listening I now think Blair went somewhere and had a big meal because his stomach would only rupture if full. I think robbers saw him there acting strange carrying the duffle bag and probably paying with a hundred dollar bill and decided to roll him. After mugging him he started acting crazy so they hit him in the stomach with a brick or something and fled when he continued to act loud.
You'd have thought an autopsy would have discovered what his last meal was. Probably truck stop food.
jjmcgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2016, 07:16 AM   #55
NYSleuth
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular
 
NYSleuth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 15, 2016
Location: New York
Posts: 337
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SJP1313
I just listened to the Thinking Sideways podcast episode on this yesterday, and saw it on UM this morning. I thought the receipt for the rental car being signed with someone else's name was VERY interesting. I hadn't heard that bit of info either, but wow. That kind of changes any theory I had! Now I don't know what to think. I also hadn't heard that he died from a ruptured stomach. I cant imagine how painful that must of been.
I listened to the Thinking Sideways podcast about this case as well, and it was really good - offered several different scenarios that I have not read or heard anywhere. This case is so bizarre on so many levels, but overall the podcast was not only entertaining (three different hosts with three different perspectives, layered with funny quips), it also covered a lot of ground. I think Blair did have a reason to worry about someone stalking him, but ultimately he met his fate by a stranger in Tennessee.
NYSleuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2016, 10:05 AM   #56
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy
Senior Member
 
TheCars1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 22, 2008
Location: Maryland
Posts: 6,565
Default

I think it's interesting that Meg brought up the autopsy report photo indicating that something was done to Blair's anal area and the detective interviewed for the segment mentioned something about Blair not being a homosexual. Granted this could just have been a dated remark from the 90's (the old stereotype about gay people being shady), or it could have been a theory that they were working on, but couldn't come up with any evidence to verify it. The fact that he wound up dead at a hotel across from the one he was staying at would lend some credence to a possible rendezvous with someone that turned deadly.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2016, 03:20 PM   #57
yourhomiebrian
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Dec 01, 2016
Location: Virginia
Posts: 158
Default

There is probably a couple of things UM left out that if they mentioned it the case would not be as bizarre. Unsolved Mysteries does a good job making the cases interesting. Especially when Robert Stack was there. Stack had a cool spooky voice.
yourhomiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 05:34 PM   #58
Necco
Member
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 06, 2006
Posts: 1,101
Default

I drove past the Blair Adams exit last week outside of Knoxville. I agree he was probably just off the highway to get gas. The exit is basically just gas stations and hotels.

Fortunately I had listened to the Thinking Sideways podcast with my beloved so he didn't think I was completely crazy when we passed the exit and I shouted "that's the exit!"
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 08:51 AM   #59
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,784
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
I think it's interesting that Meg brought up the autopsy report photo indicating that something was done to Blair's anal area and the detective interviewed for the segment mentioned something about Blair not being a homosexual. Granted this could just have been a dated remark from the 90's (the old stereotype about gay people being shady), or it could have been a theory that they were working on, but couldn't come up with any evidence to verify it. The fact that he wound up dead at a hotel across from the one he was staying at would lend some credence to a possible rendezvous with someone that turned deadly.
I just watched the segment this morning, since it's toward the end of Season 9 and I've made my way through it over the past few days. The autopsy report drawing definitely says 'Anal penetration'. It had been impossible to make out over all these years.

Dr. Elkins, the pathologist that performed the autopsy, was actually involved in an incident about ten years later in which she made some sort of suicidal gestures at her home and someone called the police. She ended up threatening to shoot one of the officers and had to be restrained. I think she retired shortly thereafter. Dr. Grindstaff, the resident who assisted during the procedure, still works at the hospital and is one of the staff pathologists.

I had to laugh at that first autopsy report sheet--the last four digits of the phone number for University Pathologists are STILL the last four digits for the pathology department. I call it nearly every day at work.

If Blair was mentally ill, I wonder why this apparent psychosis or delusion or whatever persisted as long as it did--from before July 5th to July 11th when he was ultimately killed in Knoxville. Or why, once he got into the United States, it didn't cause him any apparent problems prior to his arrival here in TN.
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #60
RobinW
Member
Senior Member
 
RobinW's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 14, 2010
Posts: 1,850
Default

A new article about this case was just published this morning containing a few pieces of info I never knew before:
http://www.knoxnews.com/story/news/c...hed/610262001/

I think the most bizarre revelation is that Blair's mother is now claiming that the purpose of his trip down south was to attend the Olympic games in Atlanta even though they didn't actually start until 8 days after his death and she never shared this info with the police back in 1996.
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:31 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

VigLink badge

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.