Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Lifetime Site / Lifetime Schedule / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce
Valerie Bertinelli to Host Food Network Series; Netflix Gets Katherine Heigl for Firefly Lane
WarnerMedia Announces HBO Max for 2020 with Friends, Fresh Prince & More; IMDb Gets First Scripted Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-23-2011, 07:24 PM   #31
ontarioboi
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontarioboi
here is my take on the blair adams case......has someone said, knoxville is filled with shady people, atleast the area where they found his body.....A security guard said they heard a scream of a woman. Now i do not believe he was chased down by a spy agency or anything, he ran into bad luck......

could it not be that he only imagined those things and somehow met a prostitute in that area. That explains why his pants were down and some sort of anal penetration? This could all be done in the car. Then all of a sudden, her pimp pops out, the lady screams....Blair frantically gets out and bam gets clubbed in the stomach, they eventually search his pockets and leave.....

maybe he was sweet talked by a prostitute and the idea of a quick sexual liason had blair interested?
anyone share this belief???
ontarioboi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2012, 05:28 PM   #32
kareen1970
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
As a Knoxvillian, I'd like to share some background info, particularly about the site where Blair was found.
Hi Meg,

I'm hoping you'd be willing to share some local information with me?

I'm wondering if there was any other hotels or motels between the Fairfield Inn and the BP gas station, back in 1996?

Also, does the Fairfield have a back door that guests can use?
Old 02-25-2012, 01:22 PM   #33
Nickolas086
Frequent Poster

I wonder how much all that gold and platinum is worth today that he had in his pouch bag.
Nickolas086 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:07 PM   #34
mwcarolina
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickolas086
I wonder how much all that gold and platinum is worth today that he had in his pouch bag.
they said thousands of dollars in gold, jewerly and etc.
mwcarolina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:20 AM   #35
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

I looked and some idiot edited out his whole profile case on the Unsolved Mysteries Wiki page and put some dragged-out story about someone else on there. The bad thing about the Wiki is that anyone can just go and edit stuff on there. They need to moderate it better and have it to where only one edit a day is permitted, like other Wiki pages I've seen.
Old 03-06-2012, 11:47 AM   #36
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1990 UM fan
I looked and some idiot edited out his whole profile case on the Unsolved Mysteries Wiki page and put some dragged-out story about someone else on there. The bad thing about the Wiki is that anyone can just go and edit stuff on there. They need to moderate it better and have it to where only one edit a day is permitted, like other Wiki pages I've seen.

How annoying. Whoever changed Blair's page posted a big rambling bunch of stuff in a giant paragraph that's practically unreadable. (And I didn't read it.)

In the edit history of that page, it only shows the IP address of the person who did that. 128.252.173.4 I don't know how to figure out who that is. The only other people who've edited Blair's page are Thor2000 (the guy who started the UM wikia) and Unsolved243. They are also members here and are obviously reputable wiki editors.

There is at least a bit of good news. Go the page http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/wiki/Blair_Adams and then click on the little arrow next to the "edit this page" button. On the drop down menu, click "history". On the page it brings up, click on "September 19, 2011". That's the last edit that Thor did to the page and clicking on that brings up the proper version of Blair's wiki page, including all the correct info.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 12:37 PM   #37
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I did a search of the IP address that altered Blair Adams' page at the UM wiki. It looks like it's a library computer at Washington University in St. Louis, which makes sense, considering the rambling mess posted by that person concerns an arson fire in St. Louis in 1973.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:47 PM   #38
jjmcgr
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Desolate area, smaller city, out of the reach of the eyes of the US govt or any one else. Transients there tend to mind their own business. Perfect area for illegal or covert activity. Within driving distance of DC.

I think you may be reading too much into Knoxville. If you start at DC with a full tank, you'll need to get gas around Knoxville. (BTW Knoxville is nowhere near DC!) He stopped for gas but in his mental state he then couldn't find the right key so he was stuck there. Where was he headed from there? Hard to say. He would have had to take I-66 which runs near Dulles Airport runs into I-81 which ends at I-40. From Knoxville I-40 heads out west but I-75 which runs into I-40 west of Knoxville runs down to Florida via Atlanta. He could also have easily got on I-59 to New Orleans. Many roads out of Atlanta. Basically, he could have been headed anywhere. Seems he was driving in a straight but random line to me so that "they" wouldn't get him.

My personal theory is that he was acting crazy wandering around near his motel and ran into people that roll such people (there is a truck stop right across the street which was probably there then and more than one UM segment has been based on truck stop predators) or maybe a truck stpop hoooker and her support staff and that he started acting so crazy (maybe ripping his clothes off and throwing money around and making noise) that the killers just struck him hard to shut him up and after seeing the blood and his stillness fled, possibly grabbing his bag on the way out and tossing it nearby when nothing of value was found in it.
jjmcgr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 03:57 PM   #39
jjmcgr
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareen1970
Hi Meg,

I'm wondering if there was any other hotels or motels between the Fairfield Inn and the BP gas station, back in 1996?
The tow truck guy drove him but I'd presume they didn't start at the BP but at the East Knoxville Auto Repair Shop where the police ultimately found the car. Even if there were closer motels, the Fairfield may have been easier to get to based on lights, ramps, etc. or more convenient for the driver who had to go somewhere afterwards.
Old 07-15-2015, 04:13 PM   #40
jjmcgr
Frequent Poster

>>>I believe that Blair lived in Germany for a significant amount of time. Actually Blair was constantly travelling across Europe if I seem to remember.<<<

He only lived in Germany for four months six months before the murder according to his friend who posted on another thread. He was supposed to stay 2 years but instead came back early. He probably still had German money (soon to be replaced by the Euro) from his time there. I lived in Germany for three years and had some currency for several years afterwards until I finally went to the airport and exchanged it.
Old 07-16-2015, 11:10 AM   #41
jjmcgr
Frequent Poster

Default Super 8 not Motel 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
Here's the BP station Blair stopped at, a shot of I-40 from the cul-de-sac in front of the two hotels (just so you can get an idea of how close they are to the interstate; that sliver of parking lot is where Blair was found), the Fairfield Inn he checked into, and the "motel under construction" across the street, which you'll see turned out to be a Motel 6. All photos are dated 11 MAR 2009.
Meg, thanks for the pics. in the articles you posted on this case the story says the victim was found at a motel being built on Crosswood Boulevard not Crackerbarrel Road, so this has to be either the Super 8 (which is right behind the BP) or the Red Roof Inn not the Motel 6. The Super 8 is kind of across the street if I-40 is the street!

I wonder if the police ever investigated the guy from the BP as he would have known that Adams had money, etc. and the body was found behind the BP. Or the tow truck driver. Either could have offered to take Adams out to dinner or some such and maybe have ulterior motives. Usually seemingly odd crimes have such an easy solution.

I may have to travel from KC to Fayetteville this summer and I will check out the site on the way!

JJM
Old 07-17-2015, 01:19 AM   #42
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

But why were his pants pulled down is what I want to know
Old 12-29-2015, 05:03 PM   #43
Ostaro1977
Occasional Poster

Hi all! This case is one that has perplexed me for many years. Blair was, IMO running from something, or someone. Whether or not it was real or imaginary, we will probably never know. It seems to me that if the "threat" was indeed real, then whatever Blair did to upset his pursuers must have been pretty bad to follow him cross country to kill him. The key/inside out pants issue is one that I haven't been able to ascertain the reason for. Did Blair remove them himself? Maybe he took them off in a panic as a last ditch attempt to find the missing key, so he could take off again, and that could indeed be where the key was. Was there any mention as to whether or not the pants had pockets on the inside of them. If so, maybe he was searching the inside pockets for something...the key perhaps, and some people came upon him doing so, and killed him in a fit of rage? Did Blair have a history of drug use of any kind? Maybe it was a drug deal gone wrong, and before the perps could gather all of his valuables, a witness came upon the scene and the killers fled. If we are unsure of exactly how much he had on him, there is no way of knowing that he wasn't robbed of at least some of his money. There is so much about this case that just does NOT add up in any way, that it's really anyone's guess as to what truly happened.
Ostaro1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2015, 04:12 PM   #44
Ostaro1977
Occasional Poster

Default An interesting theory...

Hi all...I just had a few questions that I don't recall whether or not they were covered so far regarding this case.

1.) How well did they interview/cross examine the gas station attendant? Were there any witnesses which could confirm his story about Blair emptying his pockets in search of the missing key? Is it possible that Blair and the attendant had some sort of disagreement/altercation of some kind while there at the station, or maybe Blair disclosed (either accidentally or purposefully) that he had a large sum of money/jewelry on him and perhaps the attendant knew where Blair would be staying, and followed him with the intent to rob him? Perhaps, knowing Blair's mental state, as well as how much money he had on him, the gas attendant directed him to the hotel where Blair was staying, so he knew EXACTLY where he would be? I am not trying to falsely accuse, of course, but it couldn't hurt to know more. I don't know about you all, but for me, growing up in the 80's mechanics, gas attendants and the like didn't come off as the most wholesome of individuals. Without knowing exactly how much money Blair had on him at the time, its impossible to say for sure whether or not he may have been robbed. Possibly the robbery was interrupted by a witness and, during the struggle, the money got flung all over and the attacker only made away with a minimal amount, before being spotted. It seems very strange to me, the attendants story regarding the key. Blair pulled into the station in his rental car, then moments later he couldn't start it because he had the "wrong keys". That just doesn't jive with me at all.

2.) The pants. Were they the type of pants that may have had pockets on the inside? Could that be perhaps where the missing key was? If a mugging was a motive, maybe the ripped off his pants to make sure he didn't have any more valuables on him? I know when I was a kid, I had a few pairs of pants with pockets on the inside of them, mainly on the legs.

3.) There were rumors that I have read, of Blair being bisexual. Could this have possibly been a secret meeting with darker intentions? I have heard of cases (think Matthew Shepherd, for example) where heterosexual people pretend to be gay, for no other reason that to do harm, or "gay bash" a gay person (although I know this has happened to many women, blacks, etc as well, such as the Craigslist killer). Maybe Blair made a pass at the wrong person, and that set off a VERY violent reaction in the other individual, so much in fact, that they decided to kill him for it? Why the heck was he in Knoxville in the first place? Furthermore, if he would not have lost the keys to the rental car, would he have even stayed in Knoxville, or moved on to someplace else? I wonder if the woman at the hotel saw anyone approach or interact with Blair in any way during that time he was pacing in and out of the lobby. She did say it looked like he was waiting for someone.

Overall I would like to find out more about this gas station attendant. Something with his story just seems a bit fishy to me. I could be way off base, of course, but this case, as baffling as it is, needs to really be examined at all angles, because none of this adds up at all.
Ostaro1977 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2016, 12:01 PM   #45
Killarney Rose
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjmcgr
I think you may be reading too much into Knoxville. If you start at DC with a full tank, you'll need to get gas around Knoxville. (BTW Knoxville is nowhere near DC!) He stopped for gas but in his mental state he then couldn't find the right key so he was stuck there. Where was he headed from there? Hard to say. He would have had to take I-66 which runs near Dulles Airport runs into I-81 which ends at I-40. From Knoxville I-40 heads out west but I-75 which runs into I-40 west of Knoxville runs down to Florida via Atlanta. He could also have easily got on I-59 to New Orleans. Many roads out of Atlanta. Basically, he could have been headed anywhere. Seems he was driving in a straight but random line to me so that "they" wouldn't get him.

My personal theory is that he was acting crazy wandering around near his motel and ran into people that roll such people (there is a truck stop right across the street which was probably there then and more than one UM segment has been based on truck stop predators) or maybe a truck stpop hoooker and her support staff and that he started acting so crazy (maybe ripping his clothes off and throwing money around and making noise) that the killers just struck him hard to shut him up and after seeing the blood and his stillness fled, possibly grabbing his bag on the way out and tossing it nearby when nothing of value was found in it.
This case aired this morning. I really like the theory that Blair was only in Knoxville because he stopped for gas. It's makes perfect sense to me.
Killarney Rose is offline   Reply With Quote