Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

A Different World links and theme songs at Sitcoms Online / A Different World Photo Gallery

A Different World - Season 1

Buy A Different World - Season 1 on DVD

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > 1990s Sitcoms > A Different World

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

HBO Max Revives Gossip Girl; Mario Lopez Leaves Extra and Moves to Access Hollywood
The 71st Primetime Emmy Awards Nominations; Netflix Orders Sketch Comedy Series
Welcome Back (to School), Kotter Marathon on Antenna TV; Lea Michele Gets ABC Holiday Movie
Bounce Sitcom In The Cut Premieres Season 5; Conan Returns to Comic-Con for 5th Year
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of July 15, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Reboot of The Flintstones in the Works (Again); Amazon Orders New Comedy Series
Fri-Yay: The End of Friends on Netflix; Remembering Rip Torn of The Larry Sanders Show and Disney Channel Star Cameron Boyce

New on DVD/Blu-ray (May/June/July)

My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est TV & Movie Collection Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two The Good Place - The Complete Third Season

05/07 - Baskets - The Complete Season Three
05/13 - I'm Dying Up Here - Season 2
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume One
05/13 - My Three Sons - The Third Season - Volume Two
05/14 - The Donna Reed Show - Seasons 1-5
05/14 - Petticoat Junction - Seasons 1-3
05/28 - Perfect Strangers - The Complete Seventh and Eighth Seasons (WBShop.com)
05/28 - South Park - The Complete Twenty-Second Season (Blu-ray)
06/04 - The Brady Bunch - 50th Anniversary The Brady-est Brady Bunch TV & Movie Collection
06/18 - Will & Grace (The Revival) - Season Two (Blu-ray)
07/09 - Broad City - Season 5
07/09 - Broad City - The Complete Series
07/17 - The Practice (1976) - The Complete Series
07/30 - The Good Place - The Complete Third Season
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-28-2001, 08:17 AM   #1
CCRYDER1968
#1 Sitcom Fan
Forum Regular

Talking Unlikable couples

I didn't think it was a good match when they tried to do the Ron and Kimberly thing. There was no chemistry there.

------------------
CCRYDER1968
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/youngandrestlessfans
CCRYDER1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2001, 10:51 PM   #2
GuLight
Mariah Carey Lamb
Occasional Poster

Arrow

In my opinion, Kim never went well with anyone. She only had good chemistry with the females (not hinting at anything peverted or anything, just an observation).
GuLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2001, 09:08 AM   #3
ThomasE
Forum Veteran

Spencer and Kim was a better couple. Ron did not couple well with either Freddie or Kim. Maybe Freddie a little. Ron and Millie were a good couple in the beginning.
ThomasE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2002, 03:56 PM   #4
danithang
Forum Regular

There are a lot I can name like Kinu and Dwayne, Kim and Ron, or Whitley and Byron. But the couple that just really really bothered me was Col Taylor and Jalessa. I could not stand these two together, they didn't have any chemistry and he was so much older than her. Jalessa was a much better match with Walter because they had more in common and chemistry.

I think the reasons they hooked up Jalessa and Col Taylor in the first place was because Walter had left and Col Taylor needed a love interest and instead of bringing in someone new they just put him with Jalessa because she was a little older than everyone else. I think they should have held off and paired him with the new dean in season 6 because Jalessa had left the show anyway.

I also didn't like the fact that they had Jalessa get pregnant, that was way too rushed, it was already bad enough that they had rushed into marriage in the first place. I also think that Col Taylor took away from Jalessa's character, she was a competent business woman who didn't take any nonsense from anyone, but then turned into a stand behind your husband type of woman and she wasn't appealing anymore. At least with Walter she was the same person she always was, but she seemed like a totally different character when paired with Col Taylor. Sorry for the long rant, but I just had to get that off my chest.

Last edited by danithang; 10-09-2002 at 03:57 PM.
danithang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2002, 02:22 PM   #5
danielle black
live. today.
Forum Regular

Default Re: Unlikable couples

dwayne and kinu didn't really fit. ron didn't seem to fit with anyone.

danielleblack.com
"love and then do what you will."
-- st. augustine
danielle black is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2002, 01:58 AM   #6
TVFactFan
Forum Legend

Default Re: Unlikable couples

Quote:
Originally posted by CCRYDER1968
I didn't think it was a good match when they tried to do the Ron and Kimberly thing. There was no chemistry there.

------------------
CCRYDER1968
http://clubs.yahoo.com/clubs/youngandrestlessfans

I agree-no chemistry-I would have preferred to see him with freddie
TVFactFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2002, 12:22 AM   #7
flutterby01
ALIAS!!
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to flutterby01 Send a message via Yahoo to flutterby01

I did not like the Ron/Kim pairing either, but luckily, it didn't last too long. Ron was better with Freddie because they were total opposites.

I also liked Walter and Jaleesa together much more than Jaleesa and Col. Taylor.

JOEY: Check it out, some girl ate Monica!
MONICA: Shut up, the camera adds 10 pounds!
CHANDLER: Oh, so how many cameras are actually on you?
flutterby01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2005, 09:44 PM   #8
jamesanthony

Quote:
Originally Posted by danithang
There are a lot I can name like Kinu and Dwayne, Kim and Ron, or Whitley and Byron. But the couple that just really really bothered me was Col Taylor and Jalessa. I could not stand these two together, they didn't have any chemistry and he was so much older than her. Jalessa was a much better match with Walter because they had more in common and chemistry.

I think the reasons they hooked up Jalessa and Col Taylor in the first place was because Walter had left and Col Taylor needed a love interest and instead of bringing in someone new they just put him with Jalessa because she was a little older than everyone else. I think they should have held off and paired him with the new dean in season 6 because Jalessa had left the show anyway.

I also didn't like the fact that they had Jalessa get pregnant, that was way too rushed, it was already bad enough that they had rushed into marriage in the first place. I also think that Col Taylor took away from Jalessa's character, she was a competent business woman who didn't take any nonsense from anyone, but then turned into a stand behind your husband type of woman and she wasn't appealing anymore. At least with Walter she was the same person she always was, but she seemed like a totally different character when paired with Col Taylor. Sorry for the long rant, but I just had to get that off my chest.
Yes, Jaleesa suddenly did transform when she married Col Taylor. Actually she could be what I'd call for lack of a better term, "attitudinal" and when she married she softened, which made her more bearable for me to watch in a way, but also made her more boring to watch as well. I suspect Dawnn Lewis was really pregnant in season 5 because the rushed way in which she and the Col were married off otherwise doesn't make much sense. Remember this was 1991 when tv didn't show unwed pregnant women much and I suppose that they thought that marrying her off would be better than having a pregnant Dawnn Lewis camoflagued in baggy clothes and hiding behind furniture and stuff. Col Taylor would've been better matched with Jennifer Lewis.

One couple that I thought was good that no one mentioned was Mr and Mrs Gaines. They had chemistry.
jamesanthony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2005, 01:03 PM   #9
RIC FLAIR
Frequent Poster

FREDDIE AND SHARZAR ZULU
RIC FLAIR is offline   Reply With Quote