Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Itís Always Sunny Returns, Bold and Funny as Ever; Jon Stewart Joins Live in Front of a Studio Audience for The Facts of Life; Remembering Eddie Mekka of Laverne & Shirley
Rewind TV January 2022 Schedule Includes Drew Carey, NewsRadio; HBO's Somebody Somewhere Premieres Jan. 16
Live in Front of a Studio Audience Announces Cast of The Facts of Life; Disney Television Orders Marsai Martin Produced Comedy
Antenna TV January 2022 Schedule and Q1 2022 Stunts; Chucky Gets 2nd Season on Syfy & USA
Who's the Boss? Now on GAC Family; black-ish Farewell Season Starts Jan. 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 29, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: MacGruber Series Premiere Date Set; Saved by the Bell Pays Tribute to Dustin Diamond

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-December)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 08-18-2009, 07:43 AM   #1
UMfan77

Default Lisa Ziegert's Murder

The Lisa Ziegert murder case has always intrigued me and it really bothers me that no one has been convicted of her murder. She was a hard working young woman that did everything right, went to school, graduated and came back to her hometown of Agawam, MA to teach. She also worked evenings at a gift shop. I wonder if the police or FBI are actively trying to solve this case...I certainly hope they are. The police were able to get a few eye witnesses of the evening that Lisa was murdered. The first witness was Lisa's sister visting the gift shop at 6 pm, the second witness was a customer that made a purchase and everything seemed fine with Lisa, the third was at 9 pm where a customer heard a banging sound coming from the back of the store but didn't see Lisa. At 9:15, a lady driving to an intersection witnessed a truck with two men trying to hold down a woman, and this truck drove off the road into the direction where Lisa's body would be found. Too bad no one got a facial description of these men. Anyone heard of any updates of this case?
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 07:28 PM   #2
Bleedingheart
Frequent Poster

There is a rumor or just general talk around Agawam that a cops son may have murdered her and that they may have been dating at some point and she broke it off... And he did not take the break up to well
Bleedingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 07:36 AM   #3
UMfan77

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bleedingheart
There is a rumor or just general talk around Agawam that a cops son may have murdered her and that they may have been dating at some point and she broke it off... And he did not take the break up to well
Wow, that's interesting. According to the segment, Lisa was stabbed in the chest and neck. That gives me the impression that whoever killed her was enraged about something, or on drugs (like the Dorothy Donovan case).
UMfan77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:27 AM   #4
alfiechat
Frequent Poster

This case has always bothered me. Just watching her mother and the students in the segment makes my eyes water. I hope that someday her killers will be found.
alfiechat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:33 AM   #5
Bleedingheart
Frequent Poster

I heard that rumor by someone who lives in or around Agawam. I was told it was a common thought around town that the police covered up her murder to protect the son of a fellow officer....
Bleedingheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:43 PM   #6
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Default reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfiechat
This case has always bothered me. Just watching her mother and the students in the segment makes my eyes water. I hope that someday her killers will be found.
Lisa's mother really came across as a sweet lady in the segment. She just looked so emotionally drained and tired that she didn't even have the energy to cry. But the pain in her face and her voice still really came out. Her statement at the end of the segment always got to me...

"I think children always feel that nothing can happen to them. And when they lose someone who was so well known and well loved to them, it really hits home. Life isn't always fair. You have to be extra careful and sometimes even when you're extra careful, it doesn't matter. This CANNOT go unpunished. This can't be one of those situations where the person gets away. And the children have to got to know that. If it's important for us, it's even more important for them."

She remains in my prayers.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 02:43 PM   #7
mattc
Frequent Poster

I too will never forget this case. Especially when one of her students said, while chocking back tears: "I wish there were more people in the world that were like her." That is such a tribute to how wonderful of a person she apparently was. This is an absolutely appalling crime.
mattc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 07:21 PM   #8
mozartpc27
Vigilante Logician
Forum Regular

Here's a case that doesn't get a whole lot of play on this site. Of course, there isn't all that much to say: she disappeared from the store where she worked, and she was found dead a few days later. A woman saw a Bronco-style truck pulling into the area where her body was found at about 9:15 on the night of her disappearance.

As these things go, I feel like there was more evidence (tire tracks, a general description of the truck in question) on this case than others like it. But I guess nothing has ever come of it.

A real shame.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:42 AM   #9
Hambone2421

I remember reading online some years ago that the police believe her killer to be someone local or who knew the area very well as her body was found in an isolated wooded area that is hidden from the public. If thats the case, I'm willing to bet that her killer or killer's probably watched her for a while at the store she worked at before kidnapping and killing her. Such a sad sad case.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 05:42 PM   #10
Mastermind

Quote:
I remember reading online some years ago that the police believe her killer to be someone local or who knew the area very well as her body was found in an isolated wooded area that is hidden from the public. If thats the case, I'm willing to bet that her killer or killer's probably watched her for a while at the store she worked at before kidnapping and killing her. Such a sad sad case.

Lisa Ziegert was a teacher right? She tought real young kids?
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:01 AM   #11
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
Lisa Ziegert was a teacher right? She tought real young kids?
Yes, you're correct. She also worked part time at a Hallmark store, which is where she was kidnapped and killed from.
Old 05-07-2010, 04:34 PM   #12
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

I believe she taught students that were, I want to say in middle school. I would say kids that seemed like they were in 5th or 6th grade. But yeah that case is one, I have always had an eerie feeling about it. Agawam is a suburb of Springfield in southwest Massachusetts not far from the border with Connecticut.

But I think this is a classic case of the motive being sexual assault. It does not appear anything was taken from the store that Lisa Zeigert worked at. Or at least that was not revealed in the segment. It appears at least two people were involved. However it is possible only one was. My guess is she was probably subdued with a weapon and forced to the back room. Either she walked back there with the suspect or she was forcibly dragged back there.

It is interesting that someone would see the SUV going back into the area where the body was found. I do believe that probably was the vehicle of the suspect. Now from what the woman said and again I know eyewitness testimony can be shaky at best. However from what she described, the vehicle appeared to be a Ford Bronco or Chevy Blazer. It appeared that it was a mid to late 80's style of the vehicle, back when the vehicles looked more alike, in terms of the outline of the vehicles, especially at night. She described at least two men being in the vehicle. The driver and one man in the back with a woman whose head kept bobbing up and down.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 08:18 AM   #13
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I believe she taught students that were, I want to say in middle school. I would say kids that seemed like they were in 5th or 6th grade. But yeah that case is one, I have always had an eerie feeling about it. Agawam is a suburb of Springfield in southwest Massachusetts not far from the border with Connecticut.

But I think this is a classic case of the motive being sexual assault. It does not appear anything was taken from the store that Lisa Zeigert worked at. Or at least that was not revealed in the segment. It appears at least two people were involved. However it is possible only one was. My guess is she was probably subdued with a weapon and forced to the back room. Either she walked back there with the suspect or she was forcibly dragged back there.

It is interesting that someone would see the SUV going back into the area where the body was found. I do believe that probably was the vehicle of the suspect. Now from what the woman said and again I know eyewitness testimony can be shaky at best. However from what she described, the vehicle appeared to be a Ford Bronco or Chevy Blazer. It appeared that it was a mid to late 80's style of the vehicle, back when the vehicles looked more alike, in terms of the outline of the vehicles, especially at night. She described at least two men being in the vehicle. The driver and one man in the back with a woman whose head kept bobbing up and down.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but no money was taken, right? I remember that the back of the store was in disarray but I think Stack also said nothing in the front was taken or missing. If that's the case, then yes, sexual assault is the primary motive here. Plus, the local police think that her killer may have been someone who was watching her over a period of time to learn her habits as well as the stores. The rush time, the down time, how many times she took a bathroom break, etc.. to learn her ways while she was working at the store.

I wonder if maybe the killer was someone that was a store regular that she began to know over time and maybe bought things here and there that way he became a "familiar face" to her. When I was in high school, I worked a part time job and used to know some of the customers by name because they came in so often. Lisa may have done the same and thought one of these regulars was a nice guy.
Old 05-10-2010, 11:11 AM   #14
Mastermind

I wonder if it was parent of one of her students.

One of these parents meets her at a school function. He becomes enamored with her. He goes to the store to flirt with her, but she refuses. He gets angry and kills her out of rage.
Mastermind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2010, 11:15 AM   #15
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastermind
I wonder if it was parent of one of her students.

One of these parents meets her at a school function. He becomes enamored with her. He goes to the store to flirt with her, but she refuses. He gets angry and kills her out of rage.
Could be. I think it was definitely a local. The police say that the place where her body was found was so isolated and off the main roads that only locals know about it and you couldn't possibly just "stumble on it". Since she lived in a small town, odds are that she knew her killer, so your theory does make sense.