Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / View New Posts (No Chit Chat/Chit Chat Only) / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Live in Front of a Studio Audience Announces Cast of The Facts of Life; Disney Television Orders Marsai Martin Produced Comedy
Antenna TV January 2022 Schedule and Q1 2022 Stunts; Chucky Gets 2nd Season on Syfy & USA
Who's the Boss? Now on GAC Family; black-ish Farewell Season Starts Jan. 4
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of November 29, 2021)
SitcomsOnline Digest: MacGruber Series Premiere Date Set; Saved by the Bell Pays Tribute to Dustin Diamond
2021 Antenna TV Christmas and New Year's Schedule
2021 Thanksgiving TV Marathons on TV This Holiday Weekend Include The Jeffersons on Starz Encore Black

New on DVD/Blu-ray (October-December)

Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release) Mom - The Eighth and Final Season Punky Brewster (1984-88) - The Complete Series (2021 Release) I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Blu-ray) The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)

10/19 - Maude - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - The Honeymooners Specials - A Christmas Carol
11/02 - Mom - The Eighth and Final Season
11/02 - Punky Brewster - The Complete Series (2021 Release)
11/02 - Sex and the City - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
11/09 - Saved by the Bell (2020) - Season One
11/09 - Younger - The Complete Series
11/16 - Kevin Can F*** Himself - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
11/23 - Dead Pixels - Seasons One and Two
11/30 - I Dream of Jeannie - The Complete Series (Mill Creek) (2021 Release) (Blu-ray)
12/07 - The Andy Griffith Show - The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
12/07 - Rick & Morty - Season 5 (Blu-ray) (Blu-ray Limited Edition Steelbook)
12/14 - The Abbott and Costello Show - Season 1 (Blu-ray)
12/14 - Letterkenny - Season 9
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-20-2013, 11:51 PM   #286
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Good find! Yes, everything does match up with what was shown in the segment. And looking at the map, the house and bus stop are just 3 blocks apart.

Micki's house looks in awful shape from the outside. Just another haunting image related to this case.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 12:54 AM   #287
dks64
Frequent Poster

You people are amazing!! I love these.
dks64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 02:13 AM   #288
MegtheEgg86
Forum 4K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
Good find! Yes, everything does match up with what was shown in the segment. And looking at the map, the house and bus stop are just 3 blocks apart.

Micki's house looks in awful shape from the outside. Just another haunting image related to this case.
Thanks! The house does look like it's completely abandoned and in disrepair. The lawn hasn't been maintained in a good while, either. It's too bad--it's a cute house. I actually think the neighborhood looks like it has some really great homes in it, despite some of them definitely looking on the shabby side.

I found this thread Kane posted in with an interesting story about another home on Olive Street--the one Marvin Lee Irvin was arrested in:

http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=264091

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 07:02 PM   #289
DanCart
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by CuriousMind90
Right under the very eyes of a Church, the f*cking bastard. .
DanCart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 03:04 AM   #290
darkredspyder
Occasional Poster

John Cheek's house.

Where John Cheek's car was found.

On a side note I was unaware of until now: the neighborhood his house is in is located directly across from where I went to high school.
darkredspyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2013, 04:30 PM   #291
flytrapp
Frequent Poster

Name:  Janelle Cruz home.jpg
Views: 162
Size:  8.4 KBNot sure if this is going to work.....but I'm attempting it (never posted a picture before)

This is the house where Janelle Cruz was murdered, the last known victim of the East Area Rapist.
flytrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2014, 09:31 PM   #292
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

JODI HUISENTRUIT

Looks like Mason City, Iowa isn't considered large enough to be included on street view in Google maps, so I found an aerial shot of Jodi's apartment on Bing maps and drew an arrow to where Jodi's car was and where her belongings were strewn.

Jodi was abducted within seconds of walking out her front door. Her car couldn't have been more than 12 feet from the door. These are screen shots from Dateline that show just how short the distance was.

Old 01-12-2014, 04:08 AM   #293
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

^ That's pretty sad and horrifying. And that also makes me lean even more to the theory that her abductor was waiting for her rather than just happening to come across a vulnerable woman in the wee hours. I think he knew her routine and that she had her arms full when leaving in the morning. I bet she was rushing to her car with all the stuff in hand, worrying about being late, and distracted enough for him to be able to surprise her.
WishfulDreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 08:23 AM   #294
mikewho
Frequent Poster

That's surprising her car was that close to the door. I always assumed it was a decent distance away. Definitely sounds like someone waiting for her. Surprised this case hasn't been solved by now. And no body was ever found?
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 12:07 PM   #295
Sick Nick
Occasional Poster

I posted these in another thread but last year my wife and I went to Austin and while we were there we visited some locations from the Colleen Reed segment.

Sick Nick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2014, 11:16 PM   #296
dynoguy88
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
^ That's pretty sad and horrifying. And that also makes me lean even more to the theory that her abductor was waiting for her rather than just happening to come across a vulnerable woman in the wee hours. I think he knew her routine and that she had her arms full when leaving in the morning. I bet she was rushing to her car with all the stuff in hand, worrying about being late, and distracted enough for him to be able to surprise her.
There's no doubt about it. He was definitely waiting for her. He knew her routine of when she left in the morning. And he knew that it wouldn't be likely that any people would be in that parking lot at 4:00 in the morning. It's the perfect time for him to strike. An investigator theorized that he most likely hid behind that block of wood right next to the door in the first picture above where some trash bins are located and he grabbed her from behind as she was unlocking her car (the car key was sticking out of the door and it was bent.)

But the fact that her car was just 12 feet from her front door adds an extra layer of creepy. It all happened very quick.

http://archive.kare11.com/news/artic...TV-news-anchor
Old 01-13-2014, 12:23 AM   #297
WishfulDreamer
Forum 3K Club Member

Quote:
There's no doubt about it. He was definitely waiting for her. He knew her routine of when she left in the morning. And he knew that it wouldn't be likely that any people would be in that parking lot at 4:00 in the morning. It's the perfect time for him to strike. An investigator theorized that he most likely hid behind that block of wood right next to the door in the first picture above where some trash bins are located and he grabbed her from behind as she was unlocking her car (the car key was sticking out of the door and it was bent.)

But the fact that her car was just 12 feet from her front door adds an extra layer of creepy. It all happened very quick.

http://archive.kare11.com/news/artic...TV-news-anchor
I also remember that the Disappeared segment on Jodi mentioned that her driver's side mirror was pushed forward. She probably was bumped against it while being dragged away from her car.

That's so scary about the block of wood. It would be the perfect place for an assailant to hide without being seen. A fatal blind spot.
WishfulDreamer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2014, 09:33 AM   #298
baloony
Frequent Poster

Awesome thread!
Old 02-07-2014, 11:01 PM   #299
Shakou
Occasional Poster

Quote:
CONNECTICUT RIVER VALLEY KILLER:

Here's the parking lot where a pregnant Jane Boroski was stabbed 27 times in 1988. The building is a Gomarlo's Market now. I'm not sure if it was at the time she was attacked. It's located on Highway 10 in West Swanzey, New Hampshire.

I've been to that market many times. It is still a Gomarlo's, my grandmother does her shopping there. I was born and raised in Keene, NH which is a 20 minute drive from that place. So creepy.
Shakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2014, 03:21 AM   #300
Brock Landers
Shock the World!
Occasional Poster

[QUOTE=dynoguy88]I 70 KILLER:

April 11, 1992, Wichita, Kan. Victims Patricia Magers, age 32, and Patricia Smith, 23, were working at the La Bridal shop, 4613 E. Kellogg. Their bodies were found in the store at about 6:30 p.m. Money was missing from the shop, along with some personal property belonging to one of the victims.

This is a huge strip mall. I have no idea where the bridal shop was and it has since gone out of business.

[QUOTE]

Actually, this is the strip mall where the double murder occurred at 4613 E. Kellogg. It is located about 3 1/2 miles west of the photo you posted. I hope that I do not come off as overly critical, I am just familiar with this case due to the fact that I am from the area and I remember when it took place.
Attached Images