Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-30-2017, 04:18 AM   #1
Guardian
Forum Regular

Default Mark Groezinger. Any doubts his wife did it?

Here is a case I don't recall seeing discussed on here much, if at all really. Mark Groezinger. Shot in his car on a lone stretch of road. Police seemed to feel his wife was guilty.

Those on the forum that know me, know that I generally give the benefit of the doubt to "suspects" mentioned on UM. I try to look at both sides and think of circumstances that UM may have left out to see things from another angle.

But I gotta say on this one, does anyone on here have any doubt that Marks wife Judy killed him (or had him killed)? She is one of the few that when I listen to her story, she strikes me the same as Paul Pollis, or Chad Noe. And that is that they are straight up lying to the camera and are completely guilty.

Anyone have any doubts or thoughts on this?
Old 05-30-2017, 06:49 AM   #2
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian
Here is a case I don't recall seeing discussed on here much, if at all really. Mark Groezinger. Shot in his car on a lone stretch of road. Police seemed to feel his wife was guilty.

Those on the forum that know me, know that I generally give the benefit of the doubt to "suspects" mentioned on UM. I try to look at both sides and think of circumstances that UM may have left out to see things from another angle.

But I gotta say on this one, does anyone on here have any doubt that Marks wife Judy killed him (or had him killed)? She is one of the few that when I listen to her story, she strikes me the same as Paul Pollis, or Chad Noe. And that is that they are straight up lying to the camera and are completely guilty.

Anyone have any doubts or thoughts on this?
I don't have any doubts she is responsible. She either did it herself or hired someone to do it, probably the biker guy who was spotted. It seems pretty cut and dry. She wanted Mark out of the way so she could be with her female "friend".
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 06:59 AM   #3
yourhomiebrian
Frequent Poster

I think she hired someone.
yourhomiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2017, 07:43 AM   #4
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

There's no doubt in my mind that she had a hand in his murder. Mark was killed with a .38. When the cops checked recent purchases of .38's in the area, Judy Groezinger's name popped up. She told the cops that she "forgot" to tell them about this. The pawn shop witness was adamant that he saw her buying the gun with a man who was not Mark, another detail that she lied about.
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #5
RobinW

I have zero doubt that Judy is guilty, but I did find it odd that Mark's brother expressed his opinion that he didn't believe she was involved in the murder. It looks like Judy has a spot reserved for her alongside Mark and his parents in their graves, so for all we know, the Groezinger family might still think she's innocent to this day:
https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...&GRid=27124059
RobinW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 11:50 AM   #6
freakbook

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I don't have any doubts she is responsible. She either did it herself or hired someone to do it, probably the biker guy who was spotted. It seems pretty cut and dry. She wanted Mark out of the way so she could be with her female "friend".
Bingo. A man had to die so she could wear flannel and a rat tail.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:00 PM   #7
Jon
Forum Regular

LOL freakbook, that sounds about right
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:10 PM   #8
dynoguy88

On a production side note, it's kind of amusing how much they had to tiptoe around the lesbian angle, not being able to say the word but hinting at the relationship strongly. Fast-forward about a decade and they could actually say the word, 'gay' on the Will Hendrick and Bryan Nisenfeld segments. Sign of the times.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2017, 02:59 PM   #9
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
On a production side note, it's kind of amusing how much they had to tiptoe around the lesbian angle, not being able to say the word but hinting at the relationship strongly. Fast-forward about a decade and they could actually say the word, 'gay' on the Will Hendrick and Bryan Nisenfeld segments. Sign of the times.
I had the same thought, although you expressed it better! I watched this segment recently and was like, "She's a lesbian. Why is this such a big deal?"

I had forgotten when the segment had been filmed and aired on network TV. So many things are allowed now that were not allowed back in UM's heyday...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 06:00 PM   #10
cdr369
Frequent Poster

Mark's mother on findagrave:

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...&GRid=18416713

To the right, there is an anonymous comment that reads:

"I miss you my husbands mother and my good friend.. Tell Mark I'll hold him tight beside me again someday and there will be no emptiness anymore.
-Anonymous"

I know the majority will never agree with me (I still think Tim McClure is innocent as well), but there is a part of me that believes this could have been an unfortunate coincidence. I know how it sounds, and maybe I am just naive. I have never been one to conform to the majority anyway.
cdr369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2017, 10:09 PM   #11
Guardian
Forum Regular

I hear you on not conforming. I always try to acknowledge there can be some reasonable doubt. I'll go as far as saying there is a slim chance Tim McClure is innocent (for several reasons I won't argue on this particular thread) but I just don't buy Judy being innocent in this case.

I mean, never say never, but she buys a gun days before the murder. Lies about buying a gun. And then her husband is shot with the same caliber weapon? And then her only alibi just happen to move in to live with her and likely having a relationship together shortly after? That together with the fact that it was a violent over kill with the reloading of the weapon, which generally points to a crime of passion.

On a side note, what the hell was Mark even doing out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night? I don't think that was ever explained.
Guardian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:48 AM   #12
Drakken
Forum Regular

Law enforcement strongly believes she was behind it, or at least indirectly involved. However, the evidence is inconclusive to tie her definitively to the crime. It is a case that we "know" who is the likeliest culprit, but yet we know there is still reasonable doubt because circumstantial evidence does not indicate that Judy either committed it or conspired to do it.

Was the "friend" of Judy questioned by authorities again in recent years? I am sure she knows something or at least discussed it with Judy.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2017, 09:50 AM   #13
Drakken
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian

On a side note, what the hell was Mark even doing out in the middle of nowhere in the middle of the night? I don't think that was ever explained.
Most probably, he was made to come there at gunpoint.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:39 AM   #14
macbeth06
Forum Regular

The wife and her female lover friend did it it was a crime of passion.
Old 06-07-2017, 11:59 AM   #15
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdr369
Mark's mother on findagrave:

https://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/f...&GRid=18416713

To the right, there is an anonymous comment that reads:

"I miss you my husbands mother and my good friend.. Tell Mark I'll hold him tight beside me again someday and there will be no emptiness anymore.
-Anonymous"

I know the majority will never agree with me (I still think Tim McClure is innocent as well), but there is a part of me that believes this could have been an unfortunate coincidence. I know how it sounds, and maybe I am just naive. I have never been one to conform to the majority anyway.
That's definitely an interesting find, especially if it actually came from Judy and was not planted there. Based on the segment and evidence found thereafter, I'm fairly certain Judy either had a hand in his murder or at the very least, knows who did it and has not told LE.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakbook
Bingo. A man had to die so she could wear flannel and a rat tail.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote