Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 12-20-2016, 10:22 AM   #46
Hops3098
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by alistaircranium
Did you read the press release? We're getting EVERYTHING!
I have read about 10 articles on various sites, but I don't know if I have read the actual press release itself.

It would be wonderful if we're going to get a Season 1, Episode 1 etc type release.

But my point is that there are several complications:

- Will we see the segments from the Burr & Malden Specials? I don't believe they were ever shown during Lifetime's syndication, but a few segments (Wanda Jean Mays, for example) made it onto the Farina reboot.

- Speaking of Lifetime, there is a pretty extensive list of episodes that never were broadcast, such as the Marlena Childress MP case. The family supposedly asked for it not to be shown again. Or the Doyle Wheeler case, where Donovan Jacobs apparently sued to stop it from being replayed. Wiseguy put together & updated a list of these segments on another thread http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=219882

-Also what about the fact that UM was a "living" show, and segments were changed over the years- trimmed down to make room for updates or altered for re-runs. For example, I believe there were 4 different versions of the episode featuring the Freedom 2 case with Bob Dozier and John Russell. 2 differing NBC versions where one featured more of the Coast Guard search than the other, plus a third with an update with a Canadian couple that had sold them the boat and been shorted 90% of the purchase price, and finally a version with Lifetime exclusive update with the two men captured but no trace of the women. There's also a good thread about this that Crystaldawn started http://www.sitcomsonline.com/boards/...d.php?t=223465

So saying that we're getting everything is a bit ambitious, I think. But hey, I am on your side! I hope we get every scrap of film they ever ran through their cameras.
Hops3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 10:56 AM   #47
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

The link to the press release is posted on Page 3.

I am surprised and disappointed with the amount of cynicism and suspicion in this thread. They've told us we're getting everything, so we're getting everything. No reason to doubt that.
alistaircranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:50 AM   #48
MegtheEgg86

Quote:

I am surprised and disappointed with the amount of cynicism and suspicion in this thread. They've told us we're getting everything, so we're getting everything. No reason to doubt that.
Ehh, we got burned with the Farina run. I can understand the skepticism and wariness, although personally I'm hopeful for the best. It's definitely the closest promise we've had to our dream of available and abundant Stack episodes so far.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 11:54 AM   #49
Hops3098
Forum Regular

Quote:

On page three, there are links to two articles, but I don't see a press release. In any case, I'm as hopeful as I can be.

I'm sorry that the cynicism and suspicion on the thread surprises and disappoints you. I can tell you, without a doubt in my mind, WHY many members here, like myself, have cautious optimism at best. Quite simply, we have gotten our hopes up in the past, and been thoroughly disappointed. You can find many threads from 2007 & 2008 talking about NEW Unsolved Mysteries (the Farina Episodes). I think it's generally accepted what a terrible substitute those ended up being compared to what we thought we were going to get.
Hops3098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2016, 12:58 PM   #50
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops3098
On page three, there are links to two articles, but I don't see a press release. In any case, I'm as hopeful as I can be.

I'm sorry that the cynicism and suspicion on the thread surprises and disappoints you. I can tell you, without a doubt in my mind, WHY many members here, like myself, have cautious optimism at best. Quite simply, we have gotten our hopes up in the past, and been thoroughly disappointed. You can find many threads from 2007 & 2008 talking about NEW Unsolved Mysteries (the Farina Episodes). I think it's generally accepted what a terrible substitute those ended up being compared to what we thought we were going to get.
The press release can be found by following the Dread Central link.

Times have changed. In this era of reboots and continuations, UM wouldn't risk the embarrassment of promising something they couldn't deliver. Optimism doesn't even come into it for me. They've announced all the original episodes will be available for streaming. Period. The end.
Old 12-20-2016, 03:01 PM   #51
DazzlerSparkler
Sharon Kinne Imposter
Forum Regular

Send a message via AIM to DazzlerSparkler

I just wish it was also avaliable on Netflix
Old 12-21-2016, 02:44 AM   #52
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DazzlerSparkler
I just wish it was also avaliable on Netflix
I read that it could be on other streaming platforms later in the year. I don't know if that is true or not. If you like to shop online a one year amazon prime subscription is worth the investment. I heard that their streaming option is not all that great though. I've never used it as of yet. But I see now 2 of my favorite shows are on it. AMC's Turn(Washingtons spies) and now UM. Plan to watch once the RS versions are able to be viewed.

Last edited by DALLASTEXAN!!; 12-21-2016 at 03:04 AM.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 02:49 AM   #53
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hops3098

good point. I'm with you and Meg here. This subject of streaming online had been going on for years now. I thought it was a lost cause. John Walsh returned to television recently. I don't know if the mainstream success of making of a murderer and OJ simpson documentaries got the stew pot warm again, but it is hard to believe this is actually happening. I guess the signs were there. I am very happy that it is coming back I am just waiting to see the RS episodes...that's when I'll be truly happy.

As far as a new show. I would like to see new episodes with new cases and perhaps revisiting old unsolved cases. I just wonder if us UM fans will ever allow anything other than RS and the original format to take charge moving forward.
Old 12-21-2016, 09:44 AM   #54
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
I read that it could be on other streaming platforms later in the year. I don't know if that is true or not. If you like to shop online a one year amazon prime subscription is worth the investment. I heard that their streaming option is not all that great though. I've never used it as of yet. But I see now 2 of my favorite shows are on it. AMC's Turn(Washingtons spies) and now UM. Plan to watch once the RS versions are able to be viewed.
Yes, it is coming to a variety of streaming platforms, so that should include Netflix. Since this deal includes international streaming distribution and services like Hulu aren't available outside of the US, I imagine we'll see these episodes on Netflix and Amazon Prime since both services are available internationally.
Old 12-21-2016, 11:53 AM   #55
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Yes, it is coming to a variety of streaming platforms, so that should include Netflix. Since this deal includes international streaming distribution and services like Hulu aren't available outside of the US, I imagine we'll see these episodes on Netflix and Amazon Prime since both services are available internationally.
It is already on amazon international and USA. the farina ones that is....I know Netflix would be nice because it is so popular.
Old 12-21-2016, 12:09 PM   #56
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

It won't be coming to Netflix in January at least. They announced their full slate of new titles for January (like they do prior to every month) and UM was nowhere to be found on the list. At this stage, I don't think it's fair to be nitpicky about which steaming service the Stack episodes end up on, especially since we never thought they'd see the light of day again. I'm just grateful that we're getting them at all. In way better quality than super-condensed VHS rips on third party streaming sites to boot!
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2016, 12:43 PM   #57
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

In my experience with Netflix Canada, shows and movies are added unexpectedly even after the official list of new releases is out.
Old 12-22-2016, 02:24 AM   #58
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hot Jock
It won't be coming to Netflix in January at least. They announced their full slate of new titles for January (like they do prior to every month) and UM was nowhere to be found on the list. At this stage, I don't think it's fair to be nitpicky about which steaming service the Stack episodes end up on, especially since we never thought they'd see the light of day again. I'm just grateful that we're getting them at all. In way better quality than super-condensed VHS rips on third party streaming sites to boot!
I'm with you there and welcome to the board! A lot of fans have been wanting to see this for a long time. and this is great that you don't have to search to find them online or go through 3rd party as you say. I think eventually the show going to Netflix would help by making it accessible to the mainstream. who knows it could revive the show if there is a lot of interest from new viewers.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:29 AM   #59
alistaircranium
Frequent Poster

I don't know how I'd feel about a revival. No one could host it as well as Robert Stack. They'd have to get someone genuinely creepy like Christopher Walken to even come close. And he'd be a good choice because he's been at the centre of an unsolved mystery for over 30 years.
Old 12-22-2016, 12:52 PM   #60
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
The Amazon Prime membership is worth it just in the shipping savings alone (free 2-day shipping for members)! I will admit that I don't utilize the streaming nearly as much as I do on Netflix. That being said--- I've been streaming a lot more on Prime these days, even though they're the crappy Farina episodes.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote