Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-12-2009, 03:15 PM   #31
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I'm sure you're right about the Rizzo case. It's a shame, though.

I wish they'd try him with me on his jury. I betcha I could convince the other jurors that the fact Leondard was in possession of the murdered and gruesomely dismembered remains removed all resonable doubt of who was responsible.

It sure wouldn't be like a scene out of 12 Angry Men. It would be more like 11 Scared Rabbits and One Crazy Ass BeeYotch. lol
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 03:22 PM   #32
justins5256

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracyLynnS
I'm sure you're right about the Rizzo case. It's a shame, though.

I wish they'd try him with me on his jury. I betcha I could convince the other jurors that the fact Leondard was in possession of the murdered and gruesomely dismembered remains removed all resonable doubt of who was responsible.

It sure wouldn't be like a scene out of 12 Angry Men. It would be more like 11 Scared Rabbits and One Crazy Ass BeeYotch. lol
and if Rizzo really didn't do it?
justins5256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 04:08 PM   #33
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by justins5256
and if Rizzo really didn't do it?
Dude, he did it. He'd been beating on her already, then she abruptly goes missing, only to be found in itty bitty pieces in the back yard.

Guilty people have gone to prison on a lot less evidence than having the body in their possession.

To have a normal amount of reasonable doubt, we'd have to find out who hates Leonard and/or Monika so much that they would be willing to kill her, put her through a chipper, and then spread her about the yard without Leonard ever noticing.

That part about Leonard never noticing is a big stretch. Even a bigger stretch than somebody else did it and framed him for it. The only other time I recall that happening, the smell finally got to the person and she discovered that her loved one had been murdered and left on her property. Leonard never noticed that his entire back yard smelled like chunks of flesh rotting in garbage bags? hmmm....
Old 03-12-2009, 05:29 PM   #34
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Here's some more info on one of our favorite "getting away with murder" guys:

About a week after she'd been last seen by her son, a tipster calls the cops to say that Monika has been murdered by her husband Leonard and that her body can be found in the family back yard.

On May 5th, 1997, Monika left her office around lunch time, leaving her purse behind. Her boss called her home repeatedly for 8 days, yet she never answered. When she finally answered, she told her boss that she was ill, and would be out the rest of that week, and wouldn't be back to work until the following Monday, May 19th.

That was a full two weeks that she was unexpectedly out of work, leaving without a word to anyone, with her purse still left behind at the office.

A few days after the 19th, Monika still hadn't returned to work, and in fact, Leonard said that he woke up one morning to find that his darling Monika had disappeared from his loving embrace during the night.

Yet, he didn't find that troubling enough to altert the police to the fact that Monika, who had been so sick that she had to abruptly leave work for over two weeks and couldn't even take phone calls, was now missing, without taking her car or any of her clothes with her, and without letting her family know where she was going!

Five weeks after the first tip was called in, the tipster called back, this time giving the police exact locations in the yard to conduct their search for Monika's remains.

This search yielded a skull, bone fragments, and a bag of deboned human flesh. The house had evidence of bashed in dry wall and blood spattering on the walls. Leonard says that this damage came from him being angry at Monika's disappearnce so he beat up the house.

But there could be another cause for the condition of the walls. Monika's co-workers were more worried about her welfare than her own husband was! They called police to check on her. The cop who responded to that call thought there was valid reason for concern. He observed a beaten and bruised Monika who excused her condition by using the standard "I fell".

Leonard, in all his twisted web of deceit, slipped up when talking about Monika, while the poor woman is still missing, and refers to his wife in the past tense. Calling Dr. Freud!
Old 03-12-2009, 05:35 PM   #35
MissFit29
Forum Regular

Isn't there some commentary on the Bizarre Murders dvd about the state of the Rizzo house, and UM had a hard time finding a part of the house Leonard hadn't "beat up" so they could interview him?

I also do not believe the caller in the Kathy Hobbs case. I think she was lured into a car by people at her apartment complex, not abducted from the store's parking lot.
MissFit29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:25 PM   #36
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissFit29
I also do not believe the caller in the Kathy Hobbs case. I think she was lured into a car by people at her apartment complex, not abducted from the store's parking lot.
That's interesting. Believe it or not, I never thought to question the caller (although he did accurately describe the clothes she was wearing...could've gotten that from a news broadcast, though). Your theory is far more plausible IMO, though. The store's located near a HUGE intersection, and there would've been people flowing in and out of that store even at that time of night, just as was explained in the segment. It just doesn't make sense, the way the caller described the abduction.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2009, 01:22 PM   #37
Drakken
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddelta
I must say the one eyewitness I did not believe was in the Brad Bishop case. The former co-worker of his who then claimed to run into him in Italy. The story was just too unbelievable to me. He happens to run into him all angry on his way out of work that day and gets him a cab and then 2 years later runs into him in a bathroom in Italy? Sorry didn't buy it. He seemed to be one of those people who put them into stories. Just my opinion of course.
Bradford Bishop was sighted at several places throughout Europe by people who knew him. I tend to believe him, and so does the FBI.

I am sure Roy Harrell gave far more details to the FBI that what was shown that segment. The encounter is so unbelievable that I am sure they asked as much details as possible. A hobbo victim of a mistaken identity does not run away by throwing things behind in his path just because the guy asked his name, especially if the guy is non-threating.

If the hobbo really said "Oh my God, no!" in English when he saw Harrell, I am 100% the guy was Bishop.
Drakken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 05:39 AM   #38
shanejm
Frequent Poster

Default This guy did it!

Don Sherman. I found him to be a total fake. He did not appear to have one genuine bone in his body...and whats sad...when your own daughter thinks you did it.
shanejm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 06:26 AM   #39
shanejm
Frequent Poster

Default Oh...and this one too

I've also never found Mary Norris number two's husband to be credible. In my opinion...he was behind it...he hired someone to off his poor wife and when it was a mistake hit then his wife was offed a few days later. What has me thinking this...that 4 minute phone call...and he just gives me that creep vibe. That I'm a creep and I killed my wife and I'm going to get away with it vibe...Just my opinion.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:17 AM   #40
claret
Frequent Poster

I knew I wasn't going to believe a word Jule Caylor said before he even opened his mouth. I also didn't believe the family in the ghost segment that said that the guy in the cheap Cosby sweater was raped by a female spirit.

I totally believed Jeff Oberholtzer and Jim and Kay Tatum (the older couple that said their home was haunted).
claret is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 11:17 AM   #41
shanejm
Frequent Poster

Yes...I believe the Tatum's as well. The story they told seemed so sincere and they both genuinely seemed scared at the prospect of having a spirit or entity in their home. BUT what I did not believe was that it was assumed by Dr. Roll that it was a poltergeist. I think that it was a genuine haunting.
Old 04-06-2009, 03:24 AM   #42
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

The Hansen twins' parents struck me as among the most trustworthy and Donny as among the least trustworthy of anyone ever on UM. Did he get an evil gene from his biological father or what? It seems near impossible for such people to have such a son.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2009, 09:35 AM   #43
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
The Hansen twins' parents struck me as among the most trustworthy and Donny as among the least trustworthy of anyone ever on UM. Did he get an evil gene from his biological father or what? It seems near impossible for such people to have such a son.
I agree - those parents seemed so sincere and are clearly so deeply hurt by all the things that have happened.
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:44 AM   #44
Cori aka ChrisSCrush

Quote:
Originally Posted by VikingsGal
I agree - those parents seemed so sincere and are clearly so deeply hurt by all the things that have happened.
Plus, they appeared on camera while Donny had his voice and face disguised.
Cori aka ChrisSCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 11:26 AM   #45
VikingsGal
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cori aka ChrisSCrush
Plus, they appeared on camera while Donny had his voice and face disguised.
And didn't Donnie change his name as well?
VikingsGal is offline   Reply With Quote