Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 09-02-2011, 10:16 AM   #16
alfiechat
Frequent Poster

Holy Crap. If this is true then Betty Day should be flogged and thrown in a dark cell to never see the light of day again. Although, it troubles me that her mother is all of a sudden getting a conscience. why now? And that means fraud too. Poor Bill. While I would love it if Christophe were alive because of how much his father loved him, the implications if he were alive all this time stagger me.
alfiechat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:02 AM   #17
Viper652
Frequent Poster

I have no problem with Bill Day beating the ever living **** out of her.
Viper652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 01:04 AM   #18
Viper652
Frequent Poster

I got a kick out of the soccer picture where the coach wasnt in it but she was.

Most narcissistic bitch on the planet.
Viper652 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #19
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante
This is one of those cases that really suffers from a lack of information. We are told that Bill and his wife went through a divorce but much like The Maples case, Bill's wife is presented as having no real motive for wanting to keep Christophe away from his father.

This obviously doesn't make much sense as it takes a heck of a lot of anger or some type of motivation to change your child's identity and constantly move them from place to place to prevent them from having contact with their father. So I don't know what Betty Day's motivation was but I certainly wish we had a clearer picture of this case in that regard.

Also Bill's methods of finding his son to me seemed very bizarre. I mean I have no doubt he was well intentioned but if he had an idea that his son was going to be visiting his ex mother in law's home on a certain date, why didn't he inform the authorities of that fact and have them attempt to bring his son into protective custody?

Also the stuff with the soccer coach was equally bizarre. It was never explained as to why this coach wouldn't help Bill locate his son. From the way it was presented in the segment it seemed as if she may have had information regarding Christophe. If so why wasn't she questioned by the authorities?

Which brings me back to my basic question of where were the authorities in all of this? It just seems to me as if this segment takes on the tone of one man's vigilante quest to find his son (digging through garbage bins, contacting his ex-wife through third parties etc.) instead of being a proper investigation of a child abduction by a non-custodial parent. The whole segment just has a very bizarre tone to it.

Edit: I just re-watched the segment again. I'm really starting to wonder whether or not Betty Day had sole custody of her son with Bill just getting visitation rights? If so I wonder if this would've caused any legal complications regarding her flight with Christophe. It's mentioned at some point that Bill was granted custody of their son Christophe but this was after Betty and Christophe had fled. In fact, according to the update Bill never did serve his wife with his custody papers which resulted in her basically being able to walk away from this whole ordeal scott free. Basically I'm really wondering what the original custody arrangement was? Did Betty indeed have sole custody of Christophe? If so why wasn't a joint custody arrangement explored during the divorce proceedings? Again just seems like they left a lot of information out of this segment.
This case has always bothered me but you are bringing up some good points. UM did leave out to much info...
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #20
Avante
Occasional Poster

Default Any Updates?

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolved243
I was watching the Christophe Day segment of the forbidden site and looked in the comments and saw that just about a week ago, Lindsay wrote that there is a chance that Christophe may still be alive! The days received a phone call from Betty's mother who told them about how she thinks Betty lied to Bill claiming that Christophe was dead in order to stop searching for him. Lindsay also said that next summer, she and Bill are going to France to see if Christophe is where Betty claims he was.

Lindsay, I hope you and your dad find Christophe!
Any updates on this? It is really possible that Christophe Day is alive and well in France?
Avante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 01:06 PM   #21
amandab1234
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avante
Any updates on this? It is really possible that Christophe Day is alive and well in France?

I really doubt that he is alive. I think Bill Day shouldíve involved authorities when he was trying to find his son. If he had, his ex wife would have had to give up Christoph like it or not. Iím not blaming him in any way but his search for his son would have been easier if he had the help from LE. I guess when youíre in a situation like that you are desperate and just want to do whatever it takes.
amandab1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:08 PM   #22
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by amandab1234
I really doubt that he is alive. I think Bill Day shouldíve involved authorities when he was trying to find his son. If he had, his ex wife would have had to give up Christoph like it or not. Iím not blaming him in any way but his search for his son would have been easier if he had the help from LE. I guess when youíre in a situation like that you are desperate and just want to do whatever it takes.
As great as that would be, I highly doubt it. I'm sure by now Bill would have figured out the sham. He probably wanted to go put flowers on his son's resting place and go see the grave to believe it and pay tribute to his son. I know we can't know the particulars, but I despise Betty Day. As soon as her son contracted leukemia, which is such a deadly form of cancer, she should have contacted Bill or something. Not waited until he died. We can't know how she treated her son or anything like that and she probably hurts very much from his passing as well. But to deny a father the right to see his dying son one more time is sickening.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:38 PM   #23
Necco

Not to mention the fact that if he needed a bone marrow transplant, a relative is the most likely place to find a match, so she should have contacted him for that.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:12 PM   #24
Calliope68
Frequent Poster

Default Ok this is weird

I decided to search Fb and see if there was a Christophe Day listed. And guess what? There is one listed in France!!! I believe he is about the right age but since I cannot read French and the schools he has graduated from our French i am not sure if they are colleges or what The dates are 2005,2007 and 2008. he would be about 35 now I think. There is a picture but I cannot figure out how to attach it. https://www.facebook.com/christophe....2327158227%3A8

I am not sure if it is him or not. his hair is lighter but that really doesn't say it's not him. The picture of him as a boy on the Unsolved Mysteries wiki is a bit blurry and from a different angle but I am having a hard time getting past the name and France connection. What do you guys think?
Calliope68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2014, 09:34 PM   #25
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope68
I decided to search Fb and see if there was a Christophe Day listed. And guess what? There is one listed in France!!! I believe he is about the right age but since I cannot read French and the schools he has graduated from our French i am not sure if they are colleges or what The dates are 2005,2007 and 2008. he would be about 35 now I think. There is a picture but I cannot figure out how to attach it. https://www.facebook.com/christophe....2327158227%3A8

I am not sure if it is him or not. his hair is lighter but that really doesn't say it's not him. The picture of him as a boy on the Unsolved Mysteries wiki is a bit blurry and from a different angle but I am having a hard time getting past the name and France connection. What do you guys think?
So are you saying he could be alive? This was one of the most sad segments. I remember the first time I watched it with my wife in 2003 and right after the update confirmed he was dead it was very sad because you could see the hope and love in the fathers eyes.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2014, 07:48 PM   #26
Calliope68
Frequent Poster

There is apparently that possibility based a a previous post. His stepsister post on a video on the forbidden site that they are not sure he is dead and that his Mother may have lied
Old 06-06-2014, 11:16 PM   #27
Necco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calliope68

Lycees are basically senior high schools. 15-18. But, they can also be the equivalent of US vo-tech schools. And in fact, the one he has listed in 2007 and 2008 IS a vo-tech type school. If his education was stalled by leukemia or other things, I could see him going back to get some sort of tech degree at that age.

On the other hand, I had a friend whose Facebook name used to be Nicole Simpson with a picture of Nicole Brown Simpson. Some people are just weird and do things like that.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 12:31 AM   #28
dynoguy88

If he is alive, I don't think he'd be using his real name on Facebook, not after going by so many different aliases for years and years after his mother took him into hiding. If he and Betty wanted Bill to continue thinking he was dead, putting his profile with real name online would be beyond stupid.

I wish Bill's step daughter would return here and tell us whatever became of their second trip to France. I've wrestled with the thought of whether Betty lied to Bill that Christophe had actually died and the concept is so disgusting, it totally sounds like something she would do. So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Either way, I find Betty to be pure evil. If she lied about Christophe's death, that cruelty goes without saying in regards to Bill. If she told the truth, she still made no effort to contact Bill and tell him that their son had died, not even after a year and nearly a decade of hiding him.
dynoguy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2014, 03:07 PM   #29
Calliope68
Frequent Poster

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynoguy88
If he is alive, I don't think he'd be using his real name on Facebook, not after going by so many different aliases for years and years after his mother took him into hiding. If he and Betty wanted Bill to continue thinking he was dead, putting his profile with real name online would be beyond stupid.

I wish Bill's step daughter would return here and tell us whatever became of their second trip to France. I've wrestled with the thought of whether Betty lied to Bill that Christophe had actually died and the concept is so disgusting, it totally sounds like something she would do. So I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility.

Either way, I find Betty to be pure evil. If she lied about Christophe's death, that cruelty goes without saying in regards to Bill. If she told the truth, she still made no effort to contact Bill and tell him that their son had died, not even after a year and nearly a decade of hiding him.
Oh I agree she is evil. Whether Christohphe is a live and she lied or she let him die without ever reuniting him and his dad she is an evil; lady. I really didn't think the FB was him but it was quite a coincidence huh? I too had hoped the stepsister would have been back to let us know what they found out. This is just a very sad case
Old 06-08-2014, 08:49 AM   #30
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

I don't remember a lot about this segment except for a few scenes of the father doing his own surveillance and investigating.

If Christophe really did die in France, couldn't his father contact the health department or whatever agency handles such things, and obtain a copy of the death certificate?
-
-

Please sign the petition to get Unsolved Mysteries on Netflix/Hulu http://www.thepetitionsite.com/733/9...flix-and-hulu/
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote