Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-24-2010, 09:42 PM   #46
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

With regards to the whole "Hank" issue, I still go back to my thinking that it would be unusual for a teenage girl to have an older boyfriend and NOT tell at least one of her girlfriends about him. The idea of an older guy being interested in you at that age is pretty thrilling, and worth talking about. Not saying it rules out that possibility, just something that nags me when I consider it.

Here's something else to think about, though: if the "Hank" in the diary was indeed Henry Blair, maybe he was simply a casual acquaintance of Amy's but wanted to have something more with her? Her diary notes that she "told him he was crazy" when he suggested she go to South America with him -- which doesn't sound like a teenage girl who is dreaming of running away with her lover. Henry Blair is obviously capable of stalking a woman and becoming obsessed with her, look what he did to Sue, not far of a reach to imagine he once had a similar obsession with Amy. If that was the case, perhaps Amy was too naive and inexperienced to see his behavior as alarming and simply thought of him as being silly, "crazy" in a laughable and harmless way. Might be the kinda guy she'd get into a car with if she needed a ride, while he had other intentions

I used to be pretty convinced that the bikers kidnapped her, but I find myself becoming more and more curious about Mr. Blair.
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2010, 09:58 PM   #47
LI_Mom
Occasional Poster

I'm re-reading Susan's book after all these years & it's just as harrowing the second time around. Susan was so brave & so strong. What an amazing woman.

I also believe there is probably more to the Henry Johnson Blair connection to this crime and he wasn't some crazy guy getting off on the phone calls.

I'd be interested to know what he's been up to after he served his time. Does his family still stand by him? Has he been accused of any other crimes?

A leopard doesn't change his spots.

Any news about this creepy man?

And ms_bates, I totally agree with your take on this. Young girls (and guys) in the 70s didn't think of danger in the ways people do now. Sadly, that's why it was so easy for Ted Bundy & so many other serial killers to find victims.
LI_Mom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 11:44 PM   #48
brianh333
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Priddo
I just watch this case again (I barely remember seeing it apart from some small bits and pieces). Heartbreaking stuff. Then I come on here and find out it's still not solved and her mother has died.... Very saddening.
Same here.

If anyone is interested, there is a very well-written "eulogy" of Susan Billig's search, on her find-a-grave page.

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg...&GRid=11356148
The above post was about unsolved mysteries. Whenever possible, the actual author (not a police official) has participated in re-creating the events. What you just got done reading was NOT a news broadcast.
brianh333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2010, 06:43 PM   #49
kane7474
Forum Regular

Here's what I find really odd in this one.

The biker that brings the mother to his house and then later has her meet him in Oklahoma. This makes no sense at all unless ofcourse he's trying to through her off and hide the fact that they actually killed her and disposed of the body.

The oulaws are a well maintaned criminal organization much like the Mafia in the days of old. If this guy is a member what in the hell is he doing bringing the mother of a kidnapped girl to meet her abductors????? Would this not cost him his life?? What motivation would he have to risk his own neck for this, unless maybe the mother was paying him a good sum of money. Which if that was the case you must wonder if he didnt just put on this whole charade to make a few bucks.

Has the FBI ever went after him? Or any members of the outlaws who might have been in the vicinity of Amy's kidnapping??

They have nailed the outlaws for everything from murder to robbery and the DEA has had several stings on outlaw chapters for drugs so what about for a missing girl? Do we know if there have ever been any missing girls turn up as biker slaves???? Normally there are plenty of lowlife women more then willing to serve these men so why start abducting and draw more law enforcement attention??
You know someone threw it out there that bikers where involved, then you see the mother meeting with two members of the outlaws, (again very odd they would do that) and then this guy contacts her and has her over to his house. It sounds like a set up from the start. The two bikers she met with probably planned the whole charade with the other one she met with. I just wonder if anyone know if she was indeed paying him and if so about how much. I really cant see any other motivation for him to do what he was doing.
kane7474 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 10:10 PM   #50
reportertype
Occasional Poster

While the biker theory is interesting, I've always thought it was just as likely that Amy was hitching a ride and was picked up by a predator.
reportertype is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #51
SageSlowdive
the real hank queen
Forum Regular

I suspect she was with the bikers until she A) tried to run away and was killed or B) was used up to the point where she wasn't useful to the gang anymore.
SageSlowdive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 01:09 AM   #52
Blackout
Sart Bimpson

just finished watching this segment again

very depressing...my guess is she has been dead for awhile but who knows
Old 10-11-2010, 08:29 PM   #53
Zlatko
Forum Regular

It seems highly unlikely that Amy is still alive today. One would assume that she would have contacted her brother if she were alive today. Like others have said, Amy Billig probably either overdosed on drugs or was murdered by a biker. I do subscribe to the belief that Amy was with some biker gang, be it Outlaws, Pagans, etc. It doesn't make sense that many individuals involved with the gangs claimed to have seen Amy. Also, I wonder if one of the gangs possibly murdered Amy as a result of Sue's search. Maybe they killed Amy out of fear that she would snitch to the authorities if she was reunited with her mom. Paranoia runs deep in such gangs.

Hopefully some day the authorities can find out what happened to Amy.
Zlatko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 07:47 AM   #54
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy

Like the many "been missing for a long time but might still be alive" cases she isn't.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 03:17 PM   #55
burbqueen
Master of My Domain
Frequent Poster

I totally dismissed the biker gang angle untill i saw gangland series on the history channel. they had an episode about biker gangs and how violent they were. So now, i'm sure they might have killed Amy.
Old 10-26-2010, 05:48 PM   #56
dks64
Forum Regular

I just watched the segment today, very sad. Do you think it's possible her remains have already been found, but they're buried somewhere as Jane Doe?
dks64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 11:04 PM   #57
ms_bates
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks64
I just watched the segment today, very sad. Do you think it's possible her remains have already been found, but they're buried somewhere as Jane Doe?
In the book written by Sue Billig, she said that her contact in the police department always called her when a body was found and dental records were being compared to Amy's. She noted that she wished they wouldn't tell her these things unless they actually made a match, because it put her through endless anxiety to wait for test results. So I think the investigators were pretty on top of it when it came to that. Of course, this doesn't mean something wasn't missed. Amy could have ended up a dead body anywhere in the country, and you have to wonder how much communication was happening between departments at that time. Heck, I wonder how good communication is now, but at least with the internet there are more resources available to law enforcement.

Many bodies go unidentified for years. Take a look at the "resolved" section of the Charley Project. I've seen case updates where a missing person case from 20 or more years ago has been solved, simply because a body found way back when was finally identified. It's sad to think that this might be Amy's fate, but it's a realistic possibility.
ms_bates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:21 AM   #58
melskie007
Debate/laugh/Debate
Frequent Poster

Default amy

Here is my theory..a completely different scenerio but perhaps on the same approach. Amy was hitchhiking. The bikers had some involvement because as her mom mentioned the biker that lead her to his home told sue of a scar she had on her abdomen. Quite unlikely unless they had involvement. Sue had never mentioned this to anyone. So how would he know? hmm..Next "hank" it is unlikely he didnt know her and his story of being on alcohol to harass a woman for so many years about her daughter, no! I believe he knew Amy and the police didnt do the proper investigation and neither have enough info to associate him with any type of crime. Here's whats hard for me to believe:

1. Amy is hitchiking and several moter cycles are driving by and no-one is a witness to a young girl getting taken by several. Im pretty sure she would be kicking and screaming. There were eyewitnesses who seen her with them but no-one saw the abduction?

2. She had film and reference in her diary to a man named "hank". Her friends had no knowledge of this man? hard to believe. What if they had seen him with her and could have identified him in a line-up of photo's? It would be more likely she was abducted by a van or vehicle then a bike..seems more plausable and more discreet so hense barely any witnesses would have seen.

3. They called her mute and such. But here's where it doesnt make sense. The girlfriend of the biker said on his death bed amy overdosed and fought for her life however while they were trying to have their way, so why all of a sudden is she mute and quiet. unlikely as amy was an outgoing personality. Hippy of her time. and if they had had a party, why is everyone going to keep quiet about her death? I'm pretty sure their was other girls abducted at this so called party and other kids her age event. I think this was made-up! My thoughts is they knew somewhat about amy but never had her in their possession. Someone from the party would have came forward in "74".

4. There was many radical church groups which included bikers in their community in that time. Two of which were recruiting young people like amy, plus they also helped change peoples identities. I read about this and I think amy someone willingly went with someone who offered her drugs and acted friendly, sort of hippy like herself so she wouldnt have been scared and no-one would have witnessed a woman screaming and kicking. I think back on a young girl in the news that was abducted by a cult leader and she wasnt trying to escape when she learned their way of life. she accepted it because they brainwashed her. So can amy be with one of these religous radical movements. and some of these organizations are not allowed to watch tv or read anything from the outside world so maybe she wouldnt contact home. I wonder? I dont know if her mother thought of this possibility but it deffinately is something to consider. I read about two movements of that time. Look it up people.

oh and to add to this mess..why was their only one biker that sue confided in about finding her daugther? Do you guys know of anymore that were talked to in this equation? They sent her on a cab home- this was staged but why? Maybe they wanted sue to believe amy was with them to extort money out of her eventually. I know the bikers gf got paid for that fake confession but perhaps thats all they wanted was money and could have easily found out about amy's scar. I think hank has a part to play in this but his obsession with amy and calling her mom for so long leads me to believe amy turned him down and he was angry and took it out on the mother after amy dissapeared perhaps to a cult..
melskie007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:23 PM   #59
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dks64
I know they were comparing Amy's dental records to a lot of Jane Does that they were finding, but one thing that bothered Amy's mother badly was that as soon as Amy went missing, she begged the police to fingerprint her room so they could ID her fairly quickly if she were found dead or alive, but the police kept putting it off.

They finally came to the house a few months later (maybe 3 months) and couldn't lift a usable print from Amy's room. They told Sue Billig that it was because so many months had elapsed since Amy had touched anything in the room and the FL humidity degrades fingerprints very quickly.

The only definite info they were able to give on Amy's prints was that they tended to be oval shaped.
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 10:51 PM   #60
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER

BOOK SPOILER ALERT

I have read this book: Without a Trace: The Disappearance of Amy Billig. Many of my posts in the rest of this thread, including this post, quote the book and discuss information taken directly from the book. Other posters may have quoted my posts or make references to the contents of the book.

http://www.amazon.com/Without-Trace-...rds=amy+billig

Quote:
Originally Posted by melskie007
why was their only one biker that sue confided in about finding her daugther? Do you guys know of anymore that were talked to in this equation?
I think Sue Billig spoke to several bikers asking about what they knew regarding Amy's disappearance. These are the names I've run across so far. I'm on page 117 out of 352 of the Aunapu/Billig book:

Pagan, Paul Branch, former Hells Angel, part time Outlaw (I think this is the guy she had the most contact with)

Pagan, Satan (I think she spoke with him very briefly)

Pagan, Dennis Kenny aka Pampano Red

President of the Outlaws, Big Jim Nolan

Outlaw, Sid Fast

Outlaw, Greek

And do you guys remember the two former Miami narcotics agents who initiated a meeting with Sue Billig at a Denny's, told her that they'd chase leads all over the world looking for Amy, would call her every day, no matter where they were located at the time to update her on the case, then took $1,500 in cash from her, stuck her with the bill for dinner, and NEVER searched for Amy or even placed a call to the Billigs pretending to search!? Hard to believe that hardcore bikers were actually more helpful in some ways than these former cops, who just outright scammed the Billigs for cash.

-----
ETA, I just noticed that a poster further along in the thread was unaware that we were discussing direct quotes from the book, which s/he had not yet read, and was hoping for a spoiler alert. Doing my best to let any future readers know about the book spoilers. Also, I apologize for that, I meant no harm in my posts. Just trying to discuss the case and forgot all about the internet spoiler rules.

Last edited by TracyLynnS; 01-14-2014 at 11:02 AM. Reason: add book spoiler alert
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote