Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 10-31-2007, 02:52 PM   #1
lilmissd
Frequent Poster

Default Jonathan Francia Murder Case

Does anyone remember this case from the early to mid 90's about this kid who was 16-17 yrs. old who was found dead in the trunk of his car out in the desert? I think it was in Arizona. Anyways there was a guy who claimed to have met his killers. He said that they had been washing their car, and he thinks the kid had been in the trunk at that time and that's why they were acting nervous and figitey and stuff. The witness said the guy's name was "Jason" and gave a vivid detail to the police sketch artist. Does anyone know if this case has been solved and if anyone has found "Jason"?
lilmissd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2007, 01:34 AM   #2
Zero
Forum Regular

Default I remember

I believe the victim was actually from New Mexico. Maybe Albuquerque! I believe he was abducted while sitting outside a restaurant. He was found out in the Arizona desert. The area lies in the jurisdiction of the Coconino County sheriffs department.

I don't know if "Jason" was ever found. The other man involved was taken into custody where he confessed, then hung himself a day or two later. Don't know whatever became of this mans girlfriend/wife. If she knew anything or not. "Jason" was said to be a drifter.
Old 11-07-2007, 07:14 PM   #3
baton_man
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
I believe the victim was actually from New Mexico. Maybe Albuquerque! I believe he was abducted while sitting outside a restaurant. He was found out in the Arizona desert. The area lies in the jurisdiction of the Coconino County sheriffs department.

I don't know if "Jason" was ever found. The other man involved was taken into custody where he confessed, then hung himself a day or two later. Don't know whatever became of this mans girlfriend/wife. If she knew anything or not. "Jason" was said to be a drifter.
Crystal was this story ever on any of your DVDs. If not can you consider it for vol 12.
baton_man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2007, 10:48 PM   #4
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by baton_man
Crystal was this story ever on any of your DVDs. If not can you consider it for vol 12.
I don't believe so. It was the segment where they profile Jeannie Boylen and her amazing work on composite sketches. Yes it would be a good one for volume 12.
Old 11-09-2007, 05:29 PM   #5
kadrmas15
Retired from Board 03/03/11

I believe this "Jason" is rumored to be a serial killer. Supposedly he has been sighted rather frequently in both the Las Vegas area and the Phoenix, Arizona area.
kadrmas15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 02:29 AM   #6
Zero
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by kadrmas15
I believe this "Jason" is rumored to be a serial killer. Supposedly he has been sighted rather frequently in both the Las Vegas area and the Phoenix, Arizona area.

Did you get this info from the show, or did you see it somewhere else?
Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2007, 03:42 AM   #7
kadrmas15

It came from the show, at the end of the segment if I remember right. It was when they had the composite drawing of "Jason" that Stack mentioned the stuff about "Jason" having been seen elsewhere since the Francia murder.
Old 11-26-2007, 08:20 AM   #8
James T

Just watched this one on Volume 12, as with some of the segments it raises a lot of questions- Why was his female friends husband Paul involved with a killing with what seems a remote drifter? she must have known about the killing if she went with them when they had the body in the boot you would think but was she ever questioned? what was the motive? I am guessing a kid that age probably did not have that much money, they burnt his car out so only got a few days use of it- was it just a thrill killing as I assume there was nothing sexual about it- certainly strange as usually these people would target a female rather than a male who may put up a much stronger fight.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2007, 09:18 PM   #9
Zero
Forum Regular

Maybe it was all "Jason" and the other guy just helped him out. Maybe they just wanted to "rough up" Jonathan and went a little too far. Either way, Paul was looking at hard time. Both for helping "Jason" kill Jonathan and for disposing of his body.

Hard time. It wasn't like Paul and Jason realized he was dead and immediately got rid of him on the side of the road or something. They shoved him in the trunk. Waited. Took time to come up with, in their minds, a "fool proof" plan to get rid of the victim. Paul and his wife took the time to get "Jason" out of the area.

With regards to Pauls wife, while there is no mention of what became of her, we can't rule out the possibility that she was questioned and maybe even charged with something. However, she may have made an agreement with the police. Maybe she spilled her guts about what her husband and "Jason" did in exchange for freedom.

Or maybe not. Maybe she was arrested. With the disappearance of "Jason", and the death of her husband, there was no longer any witnesses to the actual crime, or the disposing of the body. No one was around to implicate her in anything. If she said "I don't know anything", maybe they had to let her go?

All in all, I think the producers of UM realize they must leave out certain details to make sure that everything relevant makes it on to the segment.
Old 02-20-2008, 08:29 PM   #10
Zero
Forum Regular

I called the Albuquerque police department and asked if I could possibly get any details on this case. Yes, I know that the victim was found in Arizona, but being that he was kidnapped in Albuquerque, and I'm not too far away from the place, I just figured I'd ask here first.

Anyway the receptionist kept asking me why I would want information. Whether or not I had any details that would help law enforcement on this case. I told her it was just a case that I remembered and was wondering if it had ever been solved. She advised me that she didn't believe that any details of the case could be shared with me just because I was interested in it. She also told me that if I was allowed to get the information, I would have to pay 50 cents per page, and most homicide cases have five hundred pages or so.

So I think I'll call the cold case department in Coconino County Arizona and see what they tell me.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:34 AM   #11
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero
Anyway the receptionist kept asking me why I would want information. Whether or not I had any details that would help law enforcement on this case. I told her it was just a case that I remembered and was wondering if it had ever been solved.
Funny you mention that...

Everytime I've had an inkling to e-mail a police department about a UM case, that thought goes through my mind. I wonder how much they would release to just the public, and it might be inviting more attention than it's worth.

It's a shame that it has to be that way. Anyone ever tried to get info under the Freedom of Information Act? And is that just federal or can you do that with the local cops? I seriously doubt it but I honestly don't know.

Thanks for trying anyway, Zero!
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 01:46 AM   #12
kadrmas15

Well, you have to make the FOIA request. Assuming your request is granted you would be able to get most if not all the documents. However because this is an open investigation some stuff might be withheld. Also, if you wanted to get all the stuff from the case, if you included shipping costs it would probably cost 500, 600 dollars, that is about the average for a murder case. For just one case that is how much it would cost to get all the stuff!

There was a case I was investigating in Florida and I wanted to get access to all the stuff and I was told it would cost about 500 or so dollars to copy all the stuff plus another 100 dollars to ship it all to me. That was just the stuff from the case that didnt include trial transcripts and all that which would have cost another few hundred dollars to copy and ship to me so it is expensive.
Old 02-21-2008, 09:58 AM   #13
crystaldawn

Zero, maybe you should mention the board when inquiring about info. I've had some luck in trying to track down updates and I always tell them I moderate the internet's largest UM message board and am looking for info because this case aired on UM and I would like to post the info on the board. The ones that respond back are usually glad to help when they know why you want the info. Just a thought.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 09:43 PM   #14
Zero
Forum Regular

Well today I called the sheriffs dept. in Coconino County Az. Their standard procedure is to get a name and number, forward it to a "police officer" and return the call. Since I was weary about that, I said I'd call back.

I think I'll just email them about the case and mention the board and why I want the information.

Sigh....
Old 04-17-2009, 01:50 PM   #15
CowboyStudTied
Frequent Poster

this case was the cowboy murderer case I believe that the kid had a freind that the guy had a freind named jason and he had blood on himself so they kidnapped the kid and killed him
CowboyStudTied is offline   Reply With Quote