Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series
Search Party Moving to HBO Max for Seasons 3 and 4; Disney Gets More Gabby Duran & the Unsittables

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-16-2007, 01:41 AM   #1
Thiussat
Forum Regular

Default Keith Warren Case -- My Thoughts

I had seen this case years ago and I am glad I got to catch it again.

In a nutshell, it is obvious to me that the police (or maybe one crooked cop) was involved, if not in the murder itself, then in a cover-up. Here's why:

1) The fact that the mother received photos of the crime scene on her doorstep is a dead give away. Who else, besides the cops, would have access to that? This envelope also contained a death threat to one of Keith's friends, who was later found dead in mysterious circumstances.

2) The hanging "gallow" was set-up in much too of a complex manner for any depressed or desperate person to take the time to construct. This is not consistent with suicide.

3) Keith was wearing someone else's clothes, which I find very weird. I think the reason is that the Cops clothed him so that his real clothes could be destroyed in case of any trace forensic evidence.

My theory is that Keith was a witness to either a violent crime or he knew some major drug dealers. This would explain the 4 black males driving around looking for him in the days before his death. I think Keith's friend was also involved in something that he wished he had not gotten himself into and wanted to warn Keith of the danger they were both in. I say that Keith's friend was involved in shady activity because a witness said he had made a comment about being there when Keith was hanged. Perhaps Keith's friend attended the hanging in fear of his own safety (to fit in etc..). This murder was likely gang/drug related.

Now, the only explanation to the photos on the doorstep has to be that an insider within the police dept. put them there. Perhaps there was a crooked cop who was involved in all of this criminal activity (probably drug dealing) and this cop helped cover up the murder.

So, what you have, I think, was some sort of criminal enterprise being ran by a gang working in conjunction with either one cop or a group of cops. The gang probably killed Keith and some of the cops made sure they covered it up. The whole investigation was horrendous and stank to high heaven.
Thiussat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 01:49 AM   #2
greatgarrett2
Forum Regular

Yeah, I don't know about the pictures. Who would have access to them other than cops or it could've been some sadistic ploy by the killers who took photos of the last minutes of Keith's life and had the nerve to leave them on his mother's doorstep. Very strange and sad case. I have to agree with you tho in that keith might've gotten involved with certain people at the wrong place and wrong time. Or, that he might've witnessed something sinister going on.

"If we don't know something, then our model of reality is inadequate"

Start making money today:

http://tasks4job.com/?refer=55797

http://www.amazon.com/Garrett-Campbe...8662355&sr=8-5

Plus, follow me on twitter:
https://twitter.com/greatgarrett2
greatgarrett2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 03:56 AM   #3
Thiussat
Forum Regular

The photos were police photos. The Police deptartment verified this. This means someone on the inside did it.
Thiussat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2007, 10:35 AM   #4
PrettyinPink55
Forum Veteran

Is this case still cold? I think the police could've been A LOT more helpful in this!!!! They seemed to be uncooperative on purpose, like they knew something. Very frustrating!!!!!

I agree with your theory though thiussat. That's why those guys were probably looking for him.

The fact that somebody sent pictures of the murder scene to the family is just horrifying.
Old 10-28-2007, 06:11 PM   #5
lilmissd
Frequent Poster

Default Keith Warren

I think the police totally dropped the ball on this case, and from what I know about it it makes me very angry that the people that did this have gotten away with it for over 20 yrs.! Even the coroner said that their was no way in Keith's condition, with the chemicals found in his system, that he would have been cognizant and coherent enough to have hung himself in that tree, I don't know why the police can't see that. And the friend of Keith's that was looking for him Mark Findley, I don't think it was a coincidence that he turns up dead just a couple of months after his message on Keith's mother's answering machine? I think he knew what had happened and the people involved knew, and he was killed to keep him from telling what he knew. One thing I don't get is that, if he had information, why didn't he tell Keith's mom sooner? He died before he got to tell what he knew, I mean come on the guy had a couple of months to say something, why didn't he? Both him and Keith I believe had knowledge of criminal activity, maybe going on at the college? And because they wanted to go to the authorities, they were taken completely out! The Medical examiner that looked at Mark's body after he was taken to the coroner, said that his injuries didn't fit the accident! He looked like someone had hit him with a baseball bat, because he had extensive facial injuries that didn't coincide with a bicycle accident. Something about this case just STINKS! You be the judge folks.................
lilmissd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2008, 04:19 PM   #6
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

Screwed up case, probably the most corrupt ever profiled on UM.

First Strike: Blatant murder with the two trees, police DOESN'T even do an autopsy and by the time his family is told of the murder he's in a funeral home? WTF?

Second: The pics. Extremely suspicious

Third: His friend Mark, after doing some research, was said to be killed after he fell off his bike, yet the ambulance said it looked like he was hit to death by a baseball bat. That case has been closed and will never be reopened.

I'm sure the cops are covering this up and are hiding a ton of answers....
Kyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2009, 05:57 PM   #7
keith warren
Frequent Poster

I posted this in two other threads. The family really appreciates your care and concern.

I speak on behalf of the family and want to say thank you for your concern. As of 01/09 there is no new developments with the case. I would like to clarify a few things;

1. it took police 6hrs to notify his mother of his death. The detective went to the neighbors house told the neighbor to call the mother and have the mother call him.

2. the first paramedic who arrived on scene said that he immediately knew it was a staged hanging and was not touching the body until police arrived. this is a medically trained individual who from first site knew that the hanging was staged. He waited until the police arrived and thought to himself because the responding officer was black that Keith would get justice. The officer and detective released him from the scene. Only until later when he saw the story on UM did he contact the family to give his account.

3. it took 3 attempts by Keith's uncle to identify the body. The first attempt he was asked to leave the funeral home because they were closed for business ( once keith's mother was notified she had to be sedated and her family in North Carolina was called and they drove up that same night). The uncle was told that there was so much decomposition that there should be a closed casket, however as see by the pictures there is and was no decomposition. The second attempt during business hours the next day he was told he needed the mother or father, Keith's father was in NC and his mother was sedated. The third attempt Keith's mother had to be dragged in and once the funeral had her they pushed several papers infront of her to sign. They then told the uncle to take her home and bring back clothing for the body. Now be mindful that no one from the next of kin had id the body. It took 3 trip and 24hrs to id the body.

4. The medical examiner (at that time) has since admitted that he did not examine the body directly however did take the information over the phone.

5. The detective released the body to the funeral home of his choice

6. The tree that was cut down was later destroyed in a warehouse fire

7. the date of death do sent match on the police report and the death certificate

8. From the autopsy that was funded by the family it was noted that Keith had so many chemical at such high amounts in his system (keep in mind this is several years after his death) that he would not have had the physical or mental capability to tie a rope around two trees and jump off another object.

these are just a few of the issues the family has to deal with. This is Montgomery County at its finest!
keith warren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 10:22 PM   #8
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

bumping this thread
Kyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 09:30 AM   #9
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

If Keith was murdered by drug dealers, why would the cops help cover up their crimes? And if there were some corrupt cops that held some sort of financial gain by keeping the drug dealers free, that would literally mean almost the entire police force was corrupt. Could this really be that big of a conspiracy?
TheCars1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2011, 07:18 PM   #10
badcompany
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986
If Keith was murdered by drug dealers, why would the cops help cover up their crimes? And if there were some corrupt cops that held some sort of financial gain by keeping the drug dealers free, that would literally mean almost the entire police force was corrupt. Could this really be that big of a conspiracy?
Knowing Montgomery County I'd buy it. No offense to anybody who lives there but it is one of the more corrupt county governments and has a rather large bureaucracy (as is often the case with affluent counties). It is entirely possible that the part of the police force that isn't corrupt simply has no resources to go after those who are. With no real public pressure, Keith Warren's death just got swept under the rug.
badcompany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:05 PM   #11
queenofcupcakes
Strelnikov
Occasional Poster

Send a message via AIM to queenofcupcakes

has anyone else noticed that the second examiner found TCE in his system and that its not a drug a kid would buy on the street? Not to mention he said it was consistent with inhalation,which makes it even more bizarre. It makes me think someone who has knowledge of anesthesiology or mortuary work was involved. trichloroethylene used to be used to anesthetize people. unless this kid was doing cleaning work at JPL for Nasa,how the hell would he even get ahold of this chemical?! someone put him to sleep possibly attempting to kill him,since it has a high risk for respiratory despression.
it IS used to clean a range of things,but its use was already limited in the eighties.

was the cause of death strangulation from hanging or was he already dead when he was strung up?

also, on top of the fact that no suicidal person is going to take the time to make a bizarrely elaborate pulley type system to hang themselves, he was a kid! what kid that age would even be able to make that complex of a suicide device? anyone would just walk two feet and hang themselves from a bigger,sturdier tree.

the fact that he was in different clothes,and from the photos they look very clean,makes me think his body was stripped and washed after he died,and that the *******s who did it re-dressed him. as to why they put different clothes on him,i'm baffled.

as far as the two kids that were looking for him,theyre undoubtedly someones rotten little cronies. possibly the people that may have taken him to the person who killed him,probably by force. I really doubt he was killed at the location where his body was found. the best lead would be getting ahold of those two individuals,although its obvious the scummy PD isnt going to bother doing it. they probably know them quite well
queenofcupcakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2011, 11:16 PM   #12
queenofcupcakes
Strelnikov
Occasional Poster

Quote:
If drugs and drug dealers were involved, and they were covering it up for them, its because a significant number of cops in that PD are involved. Perhaps there was a drug ring that would have implicated a lot of police officers and/or affluent members of the community. Youd be suprised how many police departments are essentially running the show themselves. the dealers and kids on the street peddling little sacks of weed and coke to other kids are just the donkeys.
but, I dont think he was involved in drugs,it seems off. Not that I knew him or his family,though. He may have been. I think it is more likely that he knew something and was seen as a threat. If he were a petty drug dealer that pissed another one off, I would think they would just shoot him. It definitely was done under the direction of people who knew what they were doing: the police department.
Old 04-01-2011, 03:14 PM   #13
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

I have no doubts that the police bungled this investigation. One look at the crime scene photos and it's obvious that Keith could not have hung himself in the position he was found. I just don't think there's this high level corruption going on where drug dealers with the aide of crooked cops are running the town. I personally think this case is a lot like Kurt Sova's. There was probably a freak accident involved and those with Keith began to panic and set up his body to look like he hung himself. This article is from the Keith Warren website written by his mother:

http://keithwarrenjusticesite.files....rs-account.pdf

The similarities between Kurt Sova and Keith Warren are kind of eerie, IMO. Both cases involve both Keith & Kurt hanging out with friends (some of which allegedly were from ill repute) before they died under mysterious circumstances. Keith Warren was reported dead by a woman who said someone committed suicide in the basement of the house from which she was calling (sounds a lot like Sova, doesn't it?). Never really noticed the similarities between Keith and Kurt, but after reading that article it really made me notice more. Another interesting thing brought up in the article is the fact that the five independent pathologists who refuted the original coroner's report also stated that they could not say whether or not Keith took the toxins voluntarily or not.

EDIT - Just thought of this. If Keith in fact did witness something he wasn't supposed to see (something gang related, drug deal, etc.) why would they take the time to change his clothes? And there were no obvious defensive wounds found on Keith, just how did they subdue him? I personally think if Keith was at a party doing drugs, and had a weird reaction (possibly causing him to vomit on his clothes) this would answer the question why he was wearing different clothes a lot better.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #14
queenofcupcakes
Strelnikov
Occasional Poster

Quote:
I have no doubts that the police bungled this investigation. One look at the crime scene photos and it's obvious that Keith could not have hung himself in the position he was found. I just don't think there's this high level corruption going on where drug dealers with the aide of crooked cops are running the town. I personally think this case is a lot like Kurt Sova's. There was probably a freak accident involved and those with Keith began to panic and set up his body to look like he hung himself. This article is from the Keith Warren website written by his mother:

http://keithwarrenjusticesite.files....rs-account.pdf

The similarities between Kurt Sova and Keith Warren are kind of eerie, IMO. Both cases involve both Keith & Kurt hanging out with friends (some of which allegedly were from ill repute) before they died under mysterious circumstances. Keith Warren was reported dead by a woman who said someone committed suicide in the basement of the house from which she was calling (sounds a lot like Sova, doesn't it?). Never really noticed the similarities between Keith and Kurt, but after reading that article it really made me notice more. Another interesting thing brought up in the article is the fact that the five independent pathologists who refuted the original coroner's report also stated that they could not say whether or not Keith took the toxins voluntarily or not.

EDIT - Just thought of this. If Keith in fact did witness something he wasn't supposed to see (something gang related, drug deal, etc.) why would they take the time to change his clothes? And there were no obvious defensive wounds found on Keith, just how did they subdue him? I personally think if Keith was at a party doing drugs, and had a weird reaction (possibly causing him to vomit on his clothes) this would answer the question why he was wearing different clothes a lot better.
I re-watched the Kurt Sova segment today and now I remember it. I dont know,the only similarity was the basement aspect of it. But I think thats just a coincidence because a basement is probably where alot of people would hide a body initially before moving it to a safer location. I really think the Sova case was an accident that kids tried to cover up, albeit in a particularly morbid way.I think there were alot of kids over 18 but still young enough to not think straight when a 17 year old either got too drunk and...well i'm not really sure about that part. I dont think alcohol was the only thing involved though. So they tried to cover it up by hiding the body in several locations. I think the girl who called his dad saying she thought Kurt was asleep in the basement probably started to freak out and wanted to confess without actually doing it. The other people involved found out and moved the body before his dad showed up to check. He did say the cot in the room looked like it had been slept on..or at least there was a body there. But back to the keith story..
I didnt read about the whole call about the body in the basement and the three creeps involved until just now. It does seem eerily similar,but I think its just coincidence.The whole basement issue in the Warren case is totally bizarre. Why would a 19 year old kid
have commited suicide in these people's basement? I dont think they would have enough time between placing the 911 call and the time that paramedics would arrive at the home to move the body and set up that rope system,
so they must have moved him within the two days he was 'missing'.Its odd. Why mention the basement at all? Maybe thats where he was actually killed?

In his mother's account at the end it says Chip Wynn,the man who lived at the house and who was close associates with Officer Leverette, died of a drug overdose. I find that highly suspicious. It doesnt mention what drugs,but I wonder if it was cardiac arrest due to cocaine use. From 1984 till the 90s that particular area that he lived in had a heavy increase in 'gang and drug related activity',since its very close to Washington DC, one of the places where crack had the worst effect. I wouldnt be suprised if Wynn and leverette were involved with the people in high level crack distribution and that Warren may have become entangled in this. He did have a 2000 car insurance payment to make, which is difficult for a kid of 19 to handle. Alot of naive young men got into dealing that sheit just because the economy was so bad. He may have been one. They said he got involved with a 'rough crowd' shortly before his death. A mother's perception of her childs friends is often much nicer than what they really are. I think Mark Finlay was probably also doing the same thing, and both of them may have either wanted to get out, or found out something they should not have. He seemed like a good kid, maybe he was going to tell someone about what was going on?

Now, the thing about the clothes, I think he was killed or subdued at the house the 911 was placed at and then cleaned and re-dressed by the people who did it. But I cant think of why the change of clothes would matter. It reminds me of the case where the girl was found in an oil drum in the lake behind her house and she was wearing clothes that didnt belong to her or anyone she knew. And then not only did the oil drum disappear,but the police denied that she was ever even in it to begin with. whereas her mother firmly stated that there most certainly was an oil drum on the property missing and that she was in it when they pulled her out. Sorry, I just re-told the whole bloody segment in my rambling..
anyway. It just seems to me that if police where involved,they would want to get rid of any of his clothes that might have evidence on it that could link it back to them. even without dna testing,since it was 86.
Maybe not, since thats the part that confuses me the most. As far as the drugs in his system, the chemical trichloroethylene isnt really readily available to teenagers. The most access anyone his age would have to it would be through a solvent or cleaner at a mechanics,and it would be mixed with other stuff.......
hmm....that just made me think of something. I'm going to try and see if there is an actual copy of the autopsy report online. I havent read what the other chemicals in his bloodstream were,which might change my whole theory....and they would have broken down in his bloodstream over time seeing as the REAL autopsy wasnt done for years,so the amount that would have been present if they had properly performed the autopsy upon finding his body in 86 would have been MUCH higher. The fact that the amount was still high enough to be lethal suggests that it couldnt have been inhaled through a few drops on a cloth, but probably through a mechanical ventilator,which would allow him to continue breathing it in even after losing conciousness.I dont know if im starting to sound nutty and far fetched or not,but I just dont see how that particular chemical could be there in that amount without this happening. Perhaps I am wrong and just too paranoid.But, I digress...
But the gist of my babble is, that because the drug trichloroethylene was present,and "consistent with inhalation",I think it had to have been administered by someone who really knew what the f they were doing. anesthesiologists used to use it to sedate people for surgery until the 50s when we wised up and started using halothane. (nasa and the military also use it,a LOT.)Its just that chemical being present in such a high amount that makes the whole thing that much weirder. Why trichloroethelyene? And who obtained it?
Odd.

Last edited by queenofcupcakes; 04-02-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 04-02-2011, 08:57 AM   #15
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

If you read the article written by Keith's mother (the link is in my post before this one), you'll find that apparently Keith had become friends with "disreputable people" who "may have been involved in drugs". The article also details the woman calling saying a suicide occurred in her basement, that tidbit was left out of the UM broadcast. The way the UM segment was filmed it kind of made it seem like Keith was the clean cut All-American type who would never hang out with drug users. But after reading the article by his mother it kind of makes sense to think that something accidental happened and there was an attempted coverup.

EDIT - Just thought of this...if at least one member of the police department was involved in this coverup, this very well could have been some sort of "sting" operation that went wrong. That would put the police at the scene of Keith's death and also give them a reason as to why they would want it covered up.