Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-02-2012, 09:31 PM   #61
RedBasket
Frequent Poster

Quote:
I don't blame anyone who is a person of interest in an investigation for refusing a polygraph. It's the right thing to do. What if you're innocent and you fail it? Your life will become hell all because of pseudoscience
I agree - I would never submit to a polygraph. KNowing me I woiuld get nervous and sweaty and fail the darn thing!! (Assuming I was innocent!!)
RedBasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:19 AM   #62
Victoria81
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by idol
I think Christie refusing the polygraph test says it all.

Are polygraph test even allowed in court rooms?? I asked because I remember when dad was a State Trooper, he said they were considered a risk in courts because of accuracy...has that changed?? Maybe it's different by state? I would refused one too. First thing they say is relax :O Have you met me? Relax is something I can never ever do lol I would soooo fail one!!
Victoria81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 09:50 AM   #63
Apostapler
Forum Regular

I'm frustrated that since Huq's arrest, there has been zero news coverage about this. Surely a trial has to be incoming. Or a plea.
Apostapler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 10:02 AM   #64
TracyLynnS
Don't Look Up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria81
Are polygraph test even allowed in court rooms?? I asked because I remember when dad was a State Trooper, he said they were considered a risk in courts because of accuracy...has that changed?? Maybe it's different by state? I would refused one too. First thing they say is relax :O Have you met me? Relax is something I can never ever do lol I would soooo fail one!!
In almost everything I've read, polygraphs aren't allowed in court but are used as an investigative tool by police, to help determine who might be a suspect or know something about a case.

BUT.... I thought I read that one or two states in the US did allow polygraph results in court in certain circumstances. Does anyone else know the details on this?
TracyLynnS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2013, 08:27 PM   #65
mikewho
Frequent Poster

I always felt she knew more than she let on but that's just a theory.
mikewho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 12:42 AM   #66
radiohead33
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikewho
I always felt she knew more than she let on but that's just a theory.

I think its obvious what happened. He busted in and killed that guy. And she was scared. She had two options-1 start screaming and freaking out and trying to leave, which most likely would result in her getting killed too. or 2, she could go along with it, help him with the body and the coverup, and thus be spared.

I think she acted according to that moment and her instincts and what would maximize her survival.
radiohead33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 03:31 PM   #67
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiohead33
I think its obvious what happened. He busted in and killed that guy. And she was scared. She had two options-1 start screaming and freaking out and trying to leave, which most likely would result in her getting killed too. or 2, she could go along with it, help him with the body and the coverup, and thus be spared.

I think she acted according to that moment and her instincts and what would maximize her survival.
I think so too. And I agree in full on your earlier post, re: the straight forward nature of this case.

There have been some interesting attitudes expressed in this thread. The notion that Christie is responsible in some way for Todd's death is flat-out wrong. Sorry. Regardless of the decisions she made in her personal life, she did not force Mahfuz Huq into Todd's cabin that night. Huq was and is a big boy. He was and is fully capable making choices not contingent on moves in Christie's love life. Christie isn't culpable because she broke up with Kelly--Mahfuz Huq is the only one who decided he had the right to end another human being's life, and THAT, and that alone, is why Todd Kelly isn't alive today.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 01:18 PM   #68
Necco

I think that IF Christie did anything wrong, she did it out of outright fear and 'self defense' I think that if she did anything wrong she feared for her life. Only she and Huq know what was said (if she was there) Perhaps he threatened her or her family. There's also a small chance that she actually blocked out what happened.
Necco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:36 PM   #69
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegtheEgg86
I think so too. And I agree in full on your earlier post, re: the straight forward nature of this case.

There have been some interesting attitudes expressed in this thread. The notion that Christie is responsible in some way for Todd's death is flat-out wrong. Sorry. Regardless of the decisions she made in her personal life, she did not force Mahfuz Huq into Todd's cabin that night. Huq was and is a big boy. He was and is fully capable making choices not contingent on moves in Christie's love life. Christie isn't culpable because she broke up with Kelly--Mahfuz Huq is the only one who decided he had the right to end another human being's life, and THAT, and that alone, is why Todd Kelly isn't alive today.
I absolutely agree. I've never understood the hate for Christie Mutzfeld and claims that she was at fault. I 100% concur that Huq alone is responsible for the murder. He was a grown man at the time, old enough to make his own decisions, and the fault is all his own.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:48 PM   #70
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Victoria81
Are polygraph test even allowed in court rooms??
No. Polygraphs are not scientifically reliable.

The most useful aspect of the polygraph, IMO, is that people THINK they have merit - so the willingness to take one, by an unsophisticated person, at least, can be useful data.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2013, 08:51 PM   #71
egswanso
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
I absolutely agree. I've never understood the hate for Christie Mutzfeld and claims that she was at fault. I 100% concur that Huq alone is responsible for the murder. He was a grown man at the time, old enough to make his own decisions, and the fault is all his own.
She might be at fault in a "but... for..." manner, but based on the facts as presented, she has no absolutely no criminal liability.

Of course, the case against Huq is circumstantial at best, based on what is known, which might account for some of the delay processing his extradition from Bangladesh.
egswanso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #72
killgas20
Frequent Poster

Mahfuz Huq was arraigned Thursday after spending 2.5 years in custody in India before he was extradited. This link shows his mugshot then and now.

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/ne...217656161.html

This link shows reaction from the prosecutor and defense attorneys after the arraignment hearing
killgas20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 08:27 AM   #73
LETTERL
Frequent Poster

According to the Unsolved Mysteries wiki page:

Mahfuz Huq, aka Asif Haq was sentenced to 40 years, the maximum under his plea agreement, in the Indiana state prison system on March 14, 2014. He pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter after more than three years in jail in both India and Indiana.
LETTERL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 09:36 PM   #74
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

A more thorough story.

No mention of Christi's role. I must say, reading this thread was educational. I don't know why it's a big deal that a woman her age juggled two lovers. "Promiscuous" or not (and would you call a man "promiscuous"?), that's college life, even if the young woman's living at home.
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2016, 02:31 PM   #75
Hambone2421

The fact that Mahfuz Huq killed Todd and then IMMEDIATELY fled to Bangladesh says a lot. If he did it so that he could be with Christie, then why did he leave immediately after the murder? I think he was so pissed that Christie was still seeing and sleeping with Todd, that he wanted him dead no matter what.

With that being said, I agree with Todd's father when he says that Christie likely was present during the murder. She probably didn't help him carry out the killing as they were likely surprised when he broke it and attacked Todd, but I do think she helped him clean up the scene.
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote