Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 05-18-2012, 03:17 PM   #31
baloony
Forum Regular

This is one of the saddest cases ever featured on UM. Maybe someone in prison will take care of Hicks.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2012, 05:39 PM   #32
WishfulDreamer

Did Hicks say anything pertaining to how the crime actually happened? His reasons? Just curious. It sounds like it was an unfortunate coincidence that he and the woman were in the complex and he saw Christopher alone, then maybe the woman said that Christopher had a pretty mom so he used Christopher to get to her (And had the gun). Sounds like a wrong place, wrong time kind of deal. I have to wonder if the woman didn't live in the complex if she or Hicks knew someone who did. Otherwise, why would they be there?
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:09 AM   #33
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
On the contrary, the case has been solved. It just took more than two decades to identify the killer and bring him to justice. George Hicks was linked to the murders through DNA.

He was convicted of the crime last year, and given a sentence of life in prison. However, since he is already serving a lengthy prison term for an unrelated sexual assault, the life sentence he was given for killing Roxann and Kristopher is not expected to begin until the year 2024, at the earliest.

I agree, the killer is nothing but garbage. Since he is a child killer, let's hope that his fellow prisoners are not treating him well.

http://www.wcnc.com/sharedcontent/dw...1.293c14a.html
I had seen these previously. Didn't realize they wernt on lifetime? But I'm glad that piece of garbage hicks was identified after all those years. Given this was so close to home I always wondered about this gruesome crime and how he could have got away with it.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 10:17 AM   #34
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WishfulDreamer
Did Hicks say anything pertaining to how the crime actually happened? His reasons? Just curious. It sounds like it was an unfortunate coincidence that he and the woman were in the complex and he saw Christopher alone, then maybe the woman said that Christopher had a pretty mom so he used Christopher to get to her (And had the gun). Sounds like a wrong place, wrong time kind of deal. I have to wonder if the woman didn't live in the complex if she or Hicks knew someone who did. Otherwise, why would they be there?
Yeah he was arrested for another sex assault and the first instinct of the officer was finding a rape in progress. They may have gotten distracted by the drug connection because of the prior visitor for her brother but to me it seems unlikely that after a guy leaves for the service that his prior acquainted would murder them like that to get even because it would have done nothing beneficial for them. The brother also said that he did not know anything about the murders. I think it is more likely that sexual assault was the main motive and perhaps it could of been someone that knew her brother because of drugs or it could have been a stranger.
Old 01-09-2017, 08:52 PM   #35
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Yeah, I've wondered if that piece of crap Hicks killed them solely for his own enjoyment or if he did it because he was connected to Kurt Jeeves' drug dealing in some way. I still don't think there has been a clear answer to that.
Steve W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2017, 04:38 PM   #36
baloony
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve W.
Yeah, I've wondered if that piece of crap Hicks killed them solely for his own enjoyment or if he did it because he was connected to Kurt Jeeves' drug dealing in some way. I still don't think there has been a clear answer to that.
That is what I have always wanted to know.
baloony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:51 AM   #37
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
you are correct not a clear answer. there are not many details on this case other than it was solved through DNA and it appears he has a life sentence now. At one point I read somewhere they he could be paroled, but that either changed or was wrong.(thank god)

I think the police rightfully focused on the drug angle because drug violence is inevitable. but I think this was a crime of opportunity. Hicks was repeat violent crime/sex offender. He most certainly did drugs and that could be how he knew of Roxanne through her brother or the other lady in the complex. Or he could have not known of her at all until that day.
Old 04-15-2017, 06:06 PM   #38
DALLASTEXAN!!

According to Texas dept of corrections he is serving a life sentence but is eligible for porole in 2028. And given his repeat violent crimes I doubt he would be paroled. That would put him at nearly 80.
Old 04-16-2017, 03:34 AM   #39
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
you are correct not a clear answer. there are not many details on this case other than it was solved through DNA and it appears he has a life sentence now. At one point I read somewhere they he could be paroled, but that either changed or was wrong.(thank god)

I think the police rightfully focused on the drug angle because drug violence is inevitable. but I think this was a crime of opportunity. Hicks was repeat violent crime/sex offender. He most certainly did drugs and that could be how he knew of Roxanne through her brother or the other lady in the complex. Or he could have not known of her at all until that day.
It would be nice to know just for the sake of clarification.

I wonder if authorities have ever gotten Hicks to speak (on or off-the-record) about it.
Old 04-16-2017, 05:00 AM   #40
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
It would be nice to know just for the sake of clarification.

I wonder if authorities have ever gotten Hicks to speak (on or off-the-record) about it.
I'm there with you. And That's another good question. There are articles online about this case before and after it was solved. They are posted on the wiki page. One of the pages has some personal comments made about the case from friends and another victim of his. It sheds light to me personally that it was drugs and sexual assault. It doesn't have any info more about the guy nor are there many comments from the lead investigator who was retired when the case was solved. I wonder what his take was and if he made attempts to speak to the guy?

After searching... One article states he refused to speak about it. So maybe that's it. He was already serving hard time for multiple sexual assaults that he committed after the murders. Yet in spite of this he has had parole on the horizon at one point.

This is probably my worst case ever shown on UM or right there. especially since it was close to where I lived.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:23 AM   #41
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Do you remember seeing a news story about this case when it first happened or did you learn about it for the first time from watching UM?

Apparently this case was featured on ID's On The Case with Paula Zahn: Field Of Nightmares:

https://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...jeeves-murder/

I found a lengthy, detailed 1991 article about the case: http://stephenmichaud.com/murderers.htm

Sort of OT: I found this page about Roxann's brother: http://peacetime-casualties.mooseroo...-Robert-Jeeves

Last edited by Steve W.; 04-16-2017 at 11:24 AM.
Old 04-16-2017, 01:29 PM   #42
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
Do you remember seeing a news story about this case when it first happened or did you learn about it for the first time from watching UM?

Apparently this case was featured on ID's On The Case with Paula Zahn: Field Of Nightmares:

https://mylifeofcrime.wordpress.com/...jeeves-murder/

I found a lengthy, detailed 1991 article about the case: http://stephenmichaud.com/murderers.htm

Sort of OT: I found this page about Roxann's brother: http://peacetime-casualties.mooseroo...-Robert-Jeeves
Definitely saw it first on UM. I never saw it on the Dallas news. I was born in 83. So to be fair it was before my time, but I do not ever recall this case being revised by the Dallas media like some of the other famous cases.

I read a couple of those articles. And I have not seen the Paula zahn episode I cannot find it online but will keep looking. There's another thread on here with some of our posters talking about that episode when it first premiered.
Old 04-16-2017, 10:06 PM   #43
Steve W.
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
Definitely saw it first on UM. I never saw it on the Dallas news. I was born in 83. So to be fair it was before my time, but I do not ever recall this case being revised by the Dallas media like some of the other famous cases.

I read a couple of those articles. And I have not seen the Paula zahn episode I cannot find it online but will keep looking. There's another thread on here with some of our posters talking about that episode when it first premiered.
same here! (born in '83)

It's Season 10, Episode 8 of the series. It's titled Field Of Nightmares.
Old 04-20-2017, 04:29 AM   #44
DALLASTEXAN!!

Quote:
same here! (born in '83)

It's Season 10, Episode 8 of the series. It's titled Field Of Nightmares.
oh wow. It seems like quite a few of us here are around the same age.

thanks, I was able to find that episode online but when I tried to watch it said it was not viewable in my country. I will keep looking. Paula Zahn's show circulates here so I can set them to record. based on some of the reviews of field of nightmares not sure I want to watch it though.....
Old 07-08-2018, 11:39 AM   #45
James T

That car wash guy is really annoying-he thought something was wrong & said if anything happened to them he wouldn't be surprised etc, yet didn't call the cops & give a description of the vehicle & occupants. Still confused exactly how he got into their car, why was she with this guy & other woman? Where did the other woman go to? Was she herself mixed up in drugs like her brother? Was she paying off her brothers debts in some way? It doesn't sound like he & his companion just ended up there by accident & immediately pulled a gun on her.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote