Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 07-04-2005, 07:16 PM   #1
compulsive dvd
Frequent Poster

Default Judith Hines Case

What a bizarre case. I didn't believe she was living in Omaha, but wonder why someone would call, saying she was. They should have questioned the Hungarian abortion performer.

They've been showing some great older segments lately. Some of them were even new to me. It's amazing to catch cases occasionally that I haven't seen before, after tivoing it twice a day.
compulsive dvd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2005, 11:10 PM   #2
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .

I don't know why, but everytime I watch this segment I go around for the next week saying over and over (in a weird accent), "Judy Hines is alive... and she lives in Omaha... Judy Hines is alive... and she lives in Omaha..."
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 12:57 AM   #3
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd Mueller
I don't know why, but everytime I watch this segment I go around for the next week saying over and over (in a weird accent), "Judy Hines is alive... and she lives in Omaha... Judy Hines is alive... and she lives in Omaha..."
Many many many years back some buddies of mine were hanging out at this guys house and one of us got the bright idea to do a couple of "prank calls" or whatever. So when the time came for me to say something on the phone I just said the first thing that came to mind which was of course...

"Judy Hymes is alive... and she lives in Omaha" - Everybody looked at me weird but hell Todd thought you'd like to know you ain't alone man. That phrase is infectious

Later.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:42 AM   #4
crystaldawn

I've taught that phrase to my 4 year old daughter. How many toddlers do you know that know who Judy Himes is? Its nice to be raising another generation of UM fans.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2005, 09:56 AM   #5
Nelson_Flavor
Pardon, where's the restroom?
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I've taught that phrase to my 4 year old daughter. How many toddlers do you know that know who Judy Himes is? Its nice to be raising another generation of UM fans.
Gotta get 'em while they're young
Nelson_Flavor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2005, 07:57 PM   #6
cuba_libre
Frequent Poster

Send a message via AIM to cuba_libre

That case has always given me the creeps....
cuba_libre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2005, 02:20 AM   #7
njf520
Frequent Poster

does anyone know of any articles on the world wide web about this case?

thanks.
njf
njf520 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:59 PM   #8
hyechica
Occasional Poster

wasnt she the women who was from florida or something and she had a suposed abortion and she called after she went missing and she was spoted somewhere or something i remeber them talking about a car and a lake or river or ocean or something am i confused with someone else she also wore glasses and had dark poffey hair
hyechica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:07 PM   #9
crystaldawn

I think thats the one. She was pretty and wore a "flip" but no glasses. There were calls 25 years after her disappearance claiming she was alive and in Omaha (thus the classic phrase). After the original segment aired someone sent an anonymous letter saying she had died after an allergic reaction to something given to her during an illegal abortion. I believe they also said her body was thrown in the water. Police think the letter is credible.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 10:54 PM   #10
DarkDante

Default There is actually

a news article from a July, 1989 edition of the Miami Herald on Hymes which apparently goes into some detail regarding her case. If someone could dig it up they would probably get some more information on the case.

Later.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 12:56 PM   #11
Goofyman
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystaldawn
I think thats the one. She was pretty and wore a "flip" but no glasses. There were calls 25 years after her disappearance claiming she was alive and in Omaha (thus the classic phrase). After the original segment aired someone sent an anonymous letter saying she had died after an allergic reaction to something given to her during an illegal abortion. I believe they also said her body was thrown in the water. Police think the letter is credible.
The letter is probably from either the Hungarian doctor who was running the clinic and vanished, or someone helping him with that specific abortion.
Goofyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2005, 01:47 PM   #12
dynoguy88

Default reply

The most likely scenerio in this case is that she died while having the abortion. (The letter also says she had a fatal reaction to some medicine that she was allergic to or something.) But how does that explain the blood found in her rental car? Maybe when her body was disposed of in the bay (if the letter is correct) that might have been when it happened.

Her rental car was then driven 100+ miles away by a man that I assume might have worked at the clinic. He was seen exiting her car but was never identified. I wonder why they chose that specific location - surely they had to know that the car would be found (it was parked on the lawn in a residential neighborhood for goodness sake).

By far, those famous mysterious phone calls are the most baffling in this case - (Judy Himes is alive, and she lives in Omaha. ) If they were indeed a prank, why would somebody wait a full 25 years after Judith vanished to make them? Could they possibly have come accross an old newspaper article that discussed the case and then they decided to try and screw with the police? If they were a prank, they most likely were not calling from Omaha but from the Florida area where Himes lived.

Strange case. I would also like very much to read some old articles on this mystery if they could ever be found.
dynoguy88 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:39 AM   #13
AVERMAN
Frequent Poster

I don't suppose there are any developments in this case?

I don't think the letter is legitimate. I think it is a deterent. I also believe Judith is alive and living in Omaha, but when they saw the story on UM, they sent the letter to quash any evidence of her being found. She probably went into hiding just in case people found out she had had the abortion.

As mentioned in the story, due to the fact that the statute of limitations has expired on this case, there would be no criminal charges laid.
AVERMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 03:55 AM   #14
Huskerz85
Forum Regular

Well if the statute of limitations had expired and whoever wrote the letter knew this, I don't think they'd intend for it to be a deterrent........

I think what happened was just a sad case of bad luck. Complications developed from the abortion which she was either unable to anticipate or unexperienced in dealing with. She died either in that squalid shack, or somewhere close by and the doctor panicked. He had someone dispose of her body in Biscayne Bay and then get rid of her car (the blood in the backseat could suggest that's where her body was sitting while in transit....)

Then at the first chance he got (after making bail), he bolted. Now why would he go and do that if Judith had survived the procedure?? Passing himself off as a doctor is bad enough.......but certainly not as bad as passing himself off as a doctor and causing the death of an innocent woman........

As far as I know, no attempt was made by the Omaha Police Department to investigate the phone calls or do any sort of investigation to dispell these rumors. *(Coincidentally, the Omaha Chief of Police at the time--James Skinner, later resigned to become the Police Chief in Coral Gables in 1997)
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2007, 07:00 AM   #15
Awsi Dooger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerz85
(Coincidentally, the Omaha Chief of Police at the time--James Skinner, later resigned to become the Police Chief in Coral Gables in 1997)
Now there's a twist I never would have guessed.
Awsi Dooger is offline   Reply With Quote