Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

CBS Renews Freshman Fall 2019 Class; Fox Schedules 9-1-1 Spin-off for Midseason 2020
Fox Schedules Comedy Christmas Event; CNBC Gets A-Rod to Get Celebs Back in the Game
Fox Picks Up 2nd Season of Bless the Harts; Remembering Bill Macy of Maude
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-03-2012, 01:08 AM   #121
mpi guy
Occasional Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
I think you bring up an interesting point but how do you know she wasn't cooperative with police? Was this mentioned in the segment?
See my other post.

I have just found this thread and I am shicked at some of these facts that have surfaced, that would have been useful we firsted asked.
mpi guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2012, 11:48 PM   #122
crystaldawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpi guy
How do we know the girlfriend was uncooperative?

Easy, she never came firward to the police. Justin's mother never mentioned her at all during interviews with the MPs.

It was known that Justin thought she was in some 'danger' with some questionable people. It was also believed he left to confront others and bring his girl back to Ft Lrwis where he was assiged.

I have yet to have seen this episode, and I am frankly upset to hear about it again as I was the lead invstigator when Justin first went AWOL, and no one bothered to deek any input or information from me.

My thoughtd are Justin went to "rescue" his girl from a bad situation and knew he needed the guns as protection. Then found himself in way to deep.

Where is he now? I would like to say he is doing fine; however, I truly believe he bit off more than he could chew.
Thanks for posting. You bring some very interesting facts about the girlfriend. UM made absolutely no mention of her being involved with anyone shady....I wonder why they wouldn't at least throw that out there as a possibility of how he disappeared. Do you know anymore about the kind of people she may have been hanging out with? I always wondered what Justin's parents really thought of her when his mother referred to her as "the girlfriend" and not by name.
crystaldawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2012, 02:49 AM   #123
mpi guy
Occasional Poster

The 'girl' he was suppossedly going to see was in Seaside, Ca which back then was not a great place to be, which contradicts everything about the girl in the show. Maybe it was another girl or a friends girlfriend.

Either way, that is where the investigation led.
mpi guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 11:40 AM   #124
Hambone2421

Someone affiliated with this case or related to Justin should contact the Investigation Discovery channel to have this case shown on "Disappeared".
Hambone2421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 06:41 PM   #125
detective batman
Occasional Poster

personally i believe its very much possible that justin was buying and distributing guns to drug dealers and/or gang members. not exactly sure but weren't gun laws not that strict back then? That is until the botched attempt of operation fast and furious, (hell) he could have even participated in that. its very well a possiblity he bought more guns that weren't accounted for. (IMO) if he did plan on suicide or his own disappearance then why would he let those two handguns and one-hundred rounds of ammunition be traced to him giving investigators a certain timetable for his disappearance, just doesn't make sense. if i recall properly the UM segment noted that his car was found abandoned at the hotel for three months and justin never stayed at the hotel (in other words his name wasn't found in the log in data book) but i also imagine investigators showed pictures of justin to the hotel manager and desk clerk(s).
detective batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2012, 07:25 PM   #126
detective batman
Occasional Poster

since his remains were not found (near the hotel) and at all and he never apparently stayed at the hotel its obvious someone else is involved (IMO). since their not coming forward with any information leads me to believe foul play is involved. i say this because i dont see anyone of his so called friends out there (california) to be really close with justin because if they know about his suicide or fleeing the country they would feel the necessity at least to contact his parents regardless. that being said it could very well be a so called friend that was involved and its very well possible justin disappeared before the car was parked at the hotel.
detective batman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:05 PM   #127
LaurierCrimmajor
Frequent Poster

Maybe it's because I was a little kid when the movie came out, but I really want to see this White Sands film to get a greater grasp on the story.

This is a tremendously fascinating, yet terribly sad story. I have nothing to add in the realm of 'theories' that hasn't already been offered up, but am curious as to the girlfriend's whereabouts now and what hindsight she may have on the disappearance today?
LaurierCrimmajor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #128
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurierCrimmajor
Maybe it's because I was a little kid when the movie came out, but I really want to see this White Sands film to get a greater grasp on the story.

This is a tremendously fascinating, yet terribly sad story. I have nothing to add in the realm of 'theories' that hasn't already been offered up, but am curious as to the girlfriend's whereabouts now and what hindsight she may have on the disappearance today?
You're really not missing much. I thought the movie was terrible. Its about a small town sheriff who stumbles upon a dead body and assumes his identity.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:13 PM   #129
scc1222
Forum Regular

I suspect he just mentioned the movie to throw everyone off.I can't see how it would actually play into his disappearance,even if he anticipated it might happen.But if anyone has any ideas,throw them out there.perhaps I'm missing something.
scc1222 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 03:53 AM   #130
1990 UM fan
Unsolved Mysteries fanatic

When was the original air date of this case?
Old 04-14-2012, 06:26 PM   #131
SJP1313
Frequent Poster

I haven't posted here in ages, but I started this thread, and found it today when looking for new information on this case. I'm delighted to see it's still being talked about. I have yet to see or find any new info, but, I find this case to be very interesting. I hope someday Justin contacts his family, or there is some sort of closure to this.
SJP1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2012, 04:21 PM   #132
Melanie85
Frequent Poster

I don't buy much into conspiracy theories. I think people watch way too many movies and assume that's how the real world goes. The the whole idea of secret operations and conspiracy is just a fantasy - I'm sure it happens, but not to somebody like Justin.

My theory is that he committed suicide. I believe he may have been disillusioned with Army life and felt undervalued in his role of a cook. I believe he concocted the fantasy of him being involved in secret missions to exhilarate himself and impress his girlfriend. She obviously believed it, which made his "double life" more thrilling. I believe he was unhappy and wanted to end his life, but would have rather gone down in a blaze of glory. He wanted to have his girlfriend and family believe he lived a glamorous, Hollywood movie-like style life, instead of them being left in despair over a suicide. Justin told his girlfriend that finding his dog-tags would indicate he's no longer alive. Who else would have made sure to leave his dog tags behind in his car? I doubt some drug-smuggling thug would have thought to do that.

I don't find it the least bit surprising they haven't found his body. Look at all the thousands of people that have vanished without a trace. Just browse Charley Project for a little bit. The world is big and a human body is small (comparatively). He could have gone deep in the woods and killed himself, for all we know.
Melanie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2012, 11:38 AM   #133
Hambone2421

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melanie85
I don't buy much into conspiracy theories. I think people watch way too many movies and assume that's how the real world goes. The the whole idea of secret operations and conspiracy is just a fantasy - I'm sure it happens, but not to somebody like Justin.

My theory is that he committed suicide. I believe he may have been disillusioned with Army life and felt undervalued in his role of a cook. I believe he concocted the fantasy of him being involved in secret missions to exhilarate himself and impress his girlfriend. She obviously believed it, which made his "double life" more thrilling. I believe he was unhappy and wanted to end his life, but would have rather gone down in a blaze of glory. He wanted to have his girlfriend and family believe he lived a glamorous, Hollywood movie-like style life, instead of them being left in despair over a suicide. Justin told his girlfriend that finding his dog-tags would indicate he's no longer alive. Who else would have made sure to leave his dog tags behind in his car? I doubt some drug-smuggling thug would have thought to do that.

I don't find it the least bit surprising they haven't found his body. Look at all the thousands of people that have vanished without a trace. Just browse Charley Project for a little bit. The world is big and a human body is small (comparatively). He could have gone deep in the woods and killed himself, for all we know.
I could understand that theory but my problem with it is that his body is still missing after nearly 20 years. Seems like if he committed suicide, his body would have popped up by now.
Old 06-21-2012, 05:20 PM   #134
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hambone2421
I could understand that theory but my problem with it is that his body is still missing after nearly 20 years. Seems like if he committed suicide, his body would have popped up by now.
Agree. I'm more compelled to think someone offed him and hid the body. I know it's a big world and bodies can be hidden because they're small in comparison, but that's if someone is there to hide it. Unless he jumped off a bridge (and there are no witnesses to that) like the Golden Gate where bodies aren't often found, I don't see how his body would be so well hidden.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 09:01 AM   #135
scc1222
Forum Regular

I agree,i think he knew whatever he was into might get himself killed in the process (thus the fact he bought 2 guns) and bf he left,he put his dog tags in the trunk for someone to find,in case he didn't come back.Thus it would be just as he'd told his gf...he was dead if they were found.
scc1222 is offline   Reply With Quote