Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-19-2017, 03:56 PM   #46
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,509
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by everprincess
I think maybe she knew too much. I can only imagine what he was doing on his books. If he is taking out life insurance out on employees, not paying them..etc...what else is he doing? I'm willing to bet something illegal big time and she probably knew it. She probably told him at dinner that you better pay me or I'm going to blow the whistle. Who else is going to shoot her and leave that jewerly behind? Just a thrill killer who happens to kill her? Nah..he is guilty as sin and he looks like a total guilty person on UM. I hope some bad karma finds this man if the LE isn't going to put him behind bars.
This is what I think happened. I think the dinner conversation wasn't as pleasant and mutual as Samir had said. I think she quit, and possibly demanded that she be paid or she was going to file a lawsuit against him and that freaked him out. It's also obvious she was killed for the life insurance policy. I'm sure he had planned on taking it until her children pointed the finger at him, then he came up with the charity BS.

But it makes me wonder if he came with the gun with the intent to kill her from the beginning? Or did he just have a gun in his car and used it after they got into a dispute at dinner?
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2018, 02:25 PM   #47
Jon
Member
Forum Regular
 
Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 504
Default

So incredibly guilty! How is this guy not in prison...what else does law enforcement need? I can't think of anything easier than a DA convincing a Texas jury of this.

On a side note...Joan's daughter is incredibly guilty too...of stealing hearts Even Danny Wheeler would have to admit that's a good-lookin' woman

But really, why? What is missing from this case that they can't charge him? Didn't he mislead police? No alibi, All the motive in the world, He hid evidence, even his girlfriend knew he was guilty.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:49 AM   #48
wiseguy182
Member
Senior Member
 
wiseguy182's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 11, 2006
Location: Wendy's salad bar
Posts: 6,907
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
So incredibly guilty! How is this guy not in prison...what else does law enforcement need? I can't think of anything easier than a DA convincing a Texas jury of this.

On a side note...Joan's daughter is incredibly guilty too...of stealing hearts Even Danny Wheeler would have to admit that's a good-lookin' woman

But really, why? What is missing from this case that they can't charge him? Didn't he mislead police? No alibi, All the motive in the world, He hid evidence, even his girlfriend knew he was guilty.
I couldn't agree more. They should just go for it. It's Texas. They'd throw his ass in prison for life in about 15 minutes flat and not give it a second thought.

Few people on UM burn my biscuits as much as Sam Patel. Not only is he a murderer and a liar who is guilty of running a sham organization, but his treatment of Joan in the 7 months preceding her death (not paying her a dime for all those weeks worked) is infuriating, and then profiting off her death was the final insult. I don't know if he had good intentions with the business to begin with, but he's an out-and-out creep. It's disgusting to know he's never seen a day in prison for his actions.

I don't get what's holding things up here. He was the last person to see her. He had tons of motive as well as opportunity. He lied about his version of events.
__________________
"Dottie had said, in the event I got transferred that she was not interested in going with me. I wasn't expecting her to go with me. And wouldn't have even wanted her to I guess."
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 11:18 AM   #49
Jon
Member
Forum Regular
 
Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
I couldn't agree more. They should just go for it. It's Texas. They'd throw his ass in prison for life in about 15 minutes flat and not give it a second thought.

Few people on UM burn my biscuits as much as Sam Patel. Not only is he a murderer and a liar who is guilty of running a sham organization, but his treatment of Joan in the 7 months preceding her death (not paying her a dime for all those weeks worked) is infuriating, and then profiting off her death was the final insult. I don't know if he had good intentions with the business to begin with, but he's an out-and-out creep. It's disgusting to know he's never seen a day in prison for his actions.

I don't get what's holding things up here. He was the last person to see her. He had tons of motive as well as opportunity. He lied about his version of events.
An aside to this is that this is one of the only cases I have watched recently that is worth commenting on. As much as I appreciate the amount of time and effort it took getting every season on streaming, watching seasons 8 & 9 are leaving me pretty cold...there are a lot of garbage segments to get through (psychic pets, children with past lives, etc.) yet for some reason I am feeling the need to watch every one of them...UM really lost its footing during this time period which is pretty sad. Sorry for ranting off topic.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:30 PM   #50
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house
Moderator
Senior Member
 
LooksLikeCRicci's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 27, 2005
Posts: 3,736
Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
An aside to this is that this is one of the only cases I have watched recently that is worth commenting on. As much as I appreciate the amount of time and effort it took getting every season on streaming, watching seasons 8 & 9 are leaving me pretty cold...there are a lot of garbage segments to get through (psychic pets, children with past lives, etc.) yet for some reason I am feeling the need to watch every one of them...UM really lost its footing during this time period which is pretty sad. Sorry for ranting off topic.
You'll never hear a complaint from me on this. Number one: I go off topic frequently. Number two: You've made a comment that I've heard almost unanimously from other folks about the declining quality of UM as the show went on...

Now back to Sam Patel. Yeah, the decision not to go forward with anything on him is kinda baffling. I'm not one to advocate for a careless or overzealous prosecution, but it seems to me that they have more evidence on him than we've seen in a lot of other murder cases...
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 12:51 PM   #51
freakbook
Member
Senior Member
 
freakbook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 10, 2017
Posts: 1,509
Default

Patel's going for a bike ride story is the funniest thing I've ever heard on UM. Haha.
freakbook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2018, 01:21 PM   #52
Jon
Member
Forum Regular
 
Jon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 22, 2011
Location: TX
Posts: 504
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
You'll never hear a complaint from me on this. Number one: I go off topic frequently. Number two: You've made a comment that I've heard almost unanimously from other folks about the declining quality of UM as the show went on...

Now back to Sam Patel. Yeah, the decision not to go forward with anything on him is kinda baffling. I'm not one to advocate for a careless or overzealous prosecution, but it seems to me that they have more evidence on him than we've seen in a lot of other murder cases...
I am a bit hopeful that there will be some improvement when I get to seasons 11 & 12, because there were some quality Lifetime-produced segments that were on the DVD sets.

My home state has often been criticized for overzealous prosecution (and perhaps that is a valid criticism) - but in this particular case I wouldn't mind that one bit! The chances of anyone other than Sam Patel being responsible for this crime are positively nil.
Jon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2018, 05:46 PM   #53
nicoge21
Member
Frequent Poster
 
nicoge21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 19, 2009
Posts: 144
Default

This guy is 100% guilty. Changed his story with the cops. He was very aggressive with her. Screwed her out of thousands of dollars in wages. Even his own girlfriend didn't stick up for him very much like when she said his shirt was missing and is the key evidence. He claimed the cops could gladly have the shirt yet they were unsuccessful in obtaining it from him.

I put this guy up there with Tim McClure. Both guilty as charged like a humpback whale in the room.
nicoge21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2018, 07:36 AM   #54
James T
Member
Senior Member
 
James T's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 23, 2006
Location: England
Posts: 1,246
Default

No idea why she jacked in her job for some pipe-dream with this clown, well it was obviously the money he was promising but it sounded like total bs. She was also very lax with her security after his bizarre turning up at her house multiple times in one night-should never have met him alone or unarmed. The guy is a total sleaze & he obviously had the intention of killing her or one of the others from the time he set the deal up with the life insurance.

Amazed she didn't just walk when the money didn't come, seems to have been a waste of time as it appears the money on that policy was donated to charity, but was it in reality? Did the company succeed or fail? Again this is another case where UM really should have delved in to those questions. His story is total bs & his smarmy response about the shirt they could come & get makes you want to punch him in the face, the cops of course said he refused to hand the shirt over.
James T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2018, 05:18 PM   #55
RedBasket
Member
Frequent Poster
 
RedBasket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 22, 2011
Posts: 139
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicoge21 View Post
This guy is 100% guilty. Changed his story with the cops. He was very aggressive with her. Screwed her out of thousands of dollars in wages. Even his own girlfriend didn't stick up for him very much like when she said his shirt was missing and is the key evidence. He claimed the cops could gladly have the shirt yet they were unsuccessful in obtaining it from him.

I put this guy up there with Tim McClure. Both guilty as charged like a humpback whale in the room.
Yep - she was taken for a ride for certain!!! Your own girlfriend is not covering for you - I wouldn't either.
RedBasket is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:29 PM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.