Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 04-17-2009, 01:52 PM   #16
CowboyStudTied
Frequent Poster

why did they kidnapp the kid and was he bound? was he dead when they discovered him?
CowboyStudTied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:33 PM   #17
JanTN
Occasional Poster

I found an article online from 2008 that mentions that Jason had yet to be found.

http://azdailysun.com/articles/2008/...ont_184929.txt

- Jan. 13, Jonathan Francia: Victim was carjacked in Albuquerque by Paul Richardson and another male named Jason. Victim's body found on the Navajo Nation about 2 miles north of Bird Springs. Richardson committed suicide. Jason has never been found. Homicide.
JanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 12:40 PM   #18
JanTN
Occasional Poster

Here's a link to an article about Trena Richardson.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sourc...ELqHhMRM3Ae7yQ
JanTN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2009, 02:25 PM   #19
yuppielawyer
Frequent Poster

So, she was charged, but there doesn't seem to be any follow up indicating whether her case ever went to trial or if she pled or if the case was dropped. Nothing. Weird. It sounds like she was somewhat mentally slow or had some mental issues.
yuppielawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 03:57 PM   #20
Stepho17
First Time Poster

Angry

I PERSONALLY KNEW THE FAMILY OF JONATHAN FRANCIA, HE WAS KIDNAPPED OUTSIDE WHAT WAS THEN AN IHOP RESTAURANT(IN ALBUQUERQUE). HE WAS THERE TRYING TO PICK UP HIS LAST PAY CHECK. THESE PEOPLE WHERE HANGING OUTBACK AND HAD ASKED HIM FOR A RIDE. HIS FAMILY(JONATHAN'S) SAID HE WAS A REAL FRIENDLY YOUNG MAN AND PROBABLY AGREED. THEY NEVER HEARD FROM HIM AGAIN. UNTILL THE POLICE FOUND HIS CAR WITH HIS BURNED BODY IN THE TRUNK. I REMEMBER WATCHING STATMENTS THE MURDERS MADE ON TV/NEWS, THEY SAID THEY KILLED HIM FOR HIS CAR/TRANSPORTATION THAT WAS ALL. SAD, ONE OF THEM EVEN CLAIMED HE AGREED TO GIVE THEM HIS CAR AND TO SPARE HIS LIFE. BUT THEY THOUGHT SINCE HE KNEW WHAT THEY LOOKED LIKE THEY SHOULD JUST KILL HIM. SICK PEOPLE.
Stepho17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 05:33 PM   #21
Kyte
The Greatest
Frequent Poster

That Jason guy is a real bitch. We really need to find that mother ****er.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:40 PM   #22
idyla
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yuppielawyer
So, she was charged, but there doesn't seem to be any follow up indicating whether her case ever went to trial or if she pled or if the case was dropped. Nothing. Weird. It sounds like she was somewhat mentally slow or had some mental issues.
I found an article that states she was released after serving 14 months and was sentenced to 5 years probation upon release.

They dropped the death penalty because "Jason" was never found. The article is from June 1995.

Her full name at the time was Trena Richardson Yellowhair.
idyla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 10:18 AM   #23
flipstash
First Time Poster

Default I knew Trena

I was in Coconino County jail with Trena Richardson and she was most definitely off! I was there for 23 days in Oct 94. I am shocked they let her off on probation! She talked, quite openly, about the crime and I thought she would never see the light of day again!
flipstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2013, 01:38 AM   #24
WishfulDreamer

This case really frustrates me. They had no reason to kill a 16-year-old kid sitting in his car. I think it was be very difficult to solve this one. Even if they think they've found Jason, they would need good evidence that he was involved in the crime. I'm not sure there was much by way of physical evidence in the burned out car that links him to the crime. I think we can only hope that he is already incarcerated for something else.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2016, 08:55 AM   #25
Judyhymesisalive
Wadada
Forum Regular

Is there any updates on Jonathan's case? I can't find anything much online?
Old 08-02-2018, 10:16 AM   #26
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Call me crazy here, but is it possible that this Jason guy never existed? This segment aired months after Trena Richardson was charged and considered a suspect in Jonathan's death. No mention of this was ever uttered in the segment. Her friend was the one who gave the description which resulted in the composite sketch shown at the end of the segment. What's interesting is that an article I found online said that one of the reasons why charges against Trena were dropped was because Jason could not be located. Is it possible that her friend Scott lied about this mystery man in an effort to help his friend beat the murder charges against her? This article makes it seem like Trena was an active participant in Jonathan's murder, and not someone who helped keep quiet after the fact. I think it's possible that she and her husband murdered Jonathan, and then when they were caught concocted Jason as a means to place the majority of the blame on him? If they did, it worked for Trena since she only got 5 years probation.

I'm not saying this is at all likely, I just thought about the possibility after reading up on some articles about Jonathan's murder.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2018, 12:30 AM   #27
Zero
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCars1986 View Post
Call me crazy here, but is it possible that this Jason guy never existed? This segment aired months after Trena Richardson was charged and considered a suspect in Jonathan's death. No mention of this was ever uttered in the segment. Her friend was the one who gave the description which resulted in the composite sketch shown at the end of the segment. What's interesting is that an article I found online said that one of the reasons why charges against Trena were dropped was because Jason could not be located. Is it possible that her friend Scott lied about this mystery man in an effort to help his friend beat the murder charges against her? This article makes it seem like Trena was an active participant in Jonathan's murder, and not someone who helped keep quiet after the fact. I think it's possible that she and her husband murdered Jonathan, and then when they were caught concocted Jason as a means to place the majority of the blame on him? If they did, it worked for Trena since she only got 5 years probation.

I'm not saying this is at all likely, I just thought about the possibility after reading up on some articles about Jonathan's murder.

Charges were dropped also because the other prime suspect her husband, killed himself. It isn't uncommon for people who help "cover up" a murder to receive light sentences.

Maybe Scott did lie. Don't know what he has to gain from it. Unless he was in love with Trena and wanted to marry or live together with her. I actually like to think that Scott didn't consider Trena much of a "friend" once he realized she was complicit in covering up a murder.

I forget, in the segment was Scott referred to as their friend or neighbor?
Old 08-07-2018, 06:31 AM   #28
TheCars1986
Proud Daddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero View Post
Charges were dropped also because the other prime suspect her husband, killed himself. It isn't uncommon for people who help "cover up" a murder to receive light sentences.

Maybe Scott did lie. Don't know what he has to gain from it. Unless he was in love with Trena and wanted to marry or live together with her. I actually like to think that Scott didn't consider Trena much of a "friend" once he realized she was complicit in covering up a murder.

I forget, in the segment was Scott referred to as their friend or neighbor?
He was referred to as a friend in the segment. An article I read said that a lot of evidence against Trena was ruled inadmissible (conversations she had with relatives, and her husband), and that was the big reason why the charges were dropped.
TheCars1986 is online now   Reply With Quote