Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board


Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube


Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5


New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-09-2017, 01:04 PM   #1
Angeleen109
Member
Frequent Poster
 
Join Date: Sep 13, 2016
Posts: 32
Default Ohio Prostitute Killer

In the segment, after it's suggested that the killer refrigerates some of the bodies, the reporter​ says, ".......There may be an indication that the killer is doing something with these victims, either verbally, physically or otherwise, after death.".
What does he mean by "verbally"?
Angeleen109 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 04:19 PM   #2
Todd Mueller
Keepin' it real. . .
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 11, 2005
Location: St. Paul, MN
Posts: 1,405
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angeleen109
In the segment, after it's suggested that the killer refrigerates some of the bodies, the reporter​ says, ".......There may be an indication that the killer is doing something with these victims, either verbally, physically or otherwise, after death.".
What does he mean by "verbally"?
My guess would be talking to the dead bodies.
Todd Mueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 10:11 PM   #3
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default

Anyone else think that the investigator in this case was a bit odd. I thought him walking through the forest getting a sense of the victim and the killer was a bit out there.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 11:57 PM   #4
bip05
Member
Frequent Poster
 
bip05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 01, 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb4884
Anyone else think that the investigator in this case was a bit odd. I thought him walking through the forest getting a sense of the victim and the killer was a bit out there.
Very much so. He also did another more recent show about this case in the 00's. Started looking like Ted Kaczynski.

Part of me always wondered if HE was the killer. Just kidding.
__________________
Looking out at a world I may have decided to abandon.
bip05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:01 AM   #5
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bip05
Very much so. He also did another more recent show about this case in the 00's. Started looking like Ted Kaczynski.

Part of me always wondered if HE was the killer. Just kidding.
Dr Jekyll and Mr Hyde type scenario.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:31 AM   #6
unsolved243
Member
Frequent Poster
 
unsolved243's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 11, 2010
Posts: 248
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdb4884
Anyone else think that the investigator in this case was a bit odd. I thought him walking through the forest getting a sense of the victim and the killer was a bit out there.
I think you're confusing two cases. The investigator you're talking about is John Philpin, who was walking through the forest and stuff for the Connecticut River Valley Killer case: http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w...t_River_Killer

The case that the original poster is talking about is the Ohio prostitute murders, with the reporter being Michael Berens:
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w...stitute_Killer
unsolved243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 12:40 AM   #7
sdb4884
UM Meme Guy
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 01, 2008
Location: Perth, Western Australia
Posts: 1,136
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolved243
I think you're confusing two cases. The investigator you're talking about is John Philpin, who was walking through the forest and stuff for the Connecticut River Valley Killer case: http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w...t_River_Killer

The case that the original poster is talking about is the Ohio prostitute murders, with the reporter being Michael Berens:
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w...stitute_Killer
Ah yes of course.
sdb4884 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2017, 10:43 PM   #8
bip05
Member
Frequent Poster
 
bip05's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 01, 2012
Location: New England
Posts: 95
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by unsolved243
I think you're confusing two cases. The investigator you're talking about is John Philpin, who was walking through the forest and stuff for the Connecticut River Valley Killer case: http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w...t_River_Killer

The case that the original poster is talking about is the Ohio prostitute murders, with the reporter being Michael Berens:
http://unsolvedmysteries.wikia.com/w...stitute_Killer
whoops. thanks
bip05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 05:28 AM   #9
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

This was always a case that was creepy to me and when I lived in Ohio I traveled most of those interstates often.

the various murders may not have all been by a truck driver. I read on the wikia that a couple of the victims had their cases solved involving different killers.

In this case the reporter did a good job of trying to connect the dots the best that he could. Since this broadcast I've seen a couple of other modern shows, fbi files to name one, that have featured killers who utilized their status as a truck driver. Some of the victims were prostitutes some were not. So as they said in the broadcast it was a major problem regardless of how you look at it.

I know most truck drivers are good people that work long hours. With that said hitchhiking would not be my preferred mode of transportation. I heard on BBC radio the other day, a lady giving a testimonial of her American holiday where she hitchhiked across America and stayed at homes of strangers(many of them friends of friends and so on). she said it was the best trip of her life. I thought wow she must have never watched UM as a child.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 07:11 AM   #10
LakeForestPI
Banned
Banned!!
Forum Regular
 
LakeForestPI's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 20, 2017
Location: IL
Posts: 255
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DALLASTEXAN!!
I heard on BBC radio the other day, a lady giving a testimonial of her American holiday where she hitchhiked across America and stayed at homes of strangers(many of them friends of friends and so on). she said it was the best trip of her life. I thought wow she must have never watched UM as a child.
I've hitchhiked all over Ireland and England when I was younger. I have 3 concealed carry permits and an Illinois fcc card that allows me to carry in 42 states. I would still not hitchhike around the US. I would say it's actually safer to hitchhike today than it was back in the 70s n early 80s. When u think of all the serial killers from that time period and the amount of people that went missing while hitchhiking. And most of those killers were not truckers. Most truckers are hard working guys who are underpaid and want to be home with their families.
LakeForestPI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #11
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakeForestPI
I've hitchhiked all over Ireland and England when I was younger. I have 3 concealed carry permits and an Illinois fcc card that allows me to carry in 42 states. I would still not hitchhike around the US. I would say it's actually safer to hitchhike today than it was back in the 70s n early 80s. When u think of all the serial killers from that time period and the amount of people that went missing while hitchhiking. And most of those killers were not truckers. Most truckers are hard working guys who are underpaid and want to be home with their families.
I agree
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 06:30 PM   #12
flytrapp
Member
Forum Regular
 
flytrapp's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 03, 2011
Location: Circleville
Posts: 421
Default

I was just reading about another case....anyone else think the same guy could be responsible for The Redhead Murders?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redhead_murders
flytrapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2018, 01:14 PM   #13
Huskerz85
Member
Forum Regular
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2006
Location: Westeros
Posts: 500
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytrapp View Post
I was just reading about another case....anyone else think the same guy could be responsible for The Redhead Murders?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redhead_murders

Sounds close IMO, though the region is different (killer could've figured it was time to move on lest he get caught and moved up into the Ohio River Valley there)
Huskerz85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2018, 09:40 AM   #14
DALLASTEXAN!!
Member
Senior Member
 
DALLASTEXAN!!'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 31, 2007
Location: Suffolk, England
Posts: 2,141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huskerz85 View Post
Sounds close IMO, though the region is different (killer could've figured it was time to move on lest he get caught and moved up into the Ohio River Valley there)
This was one of the darker segments featuring serial killer investigators. there may have been multiple criminals responsible for these crimes as there were other similar crimes around the country.
DALLASTEXAN!! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2018, 09:43 PM   #15
MegtheEgg86
Member
Senior Member
 
MegtheEgg86's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 19, 2008
Location: The Volunteer State
Posts: 4,800
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by flytrapp View Post
I was just reading about another case....anyone else think the same guy could be responsible for The Redhead Murders?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Redhead_murders
I never thought the Ohio murders were the work of one person. I also don't think all the Redhead murders were related; I think only the East TN (plus the Cheatham Co victim) and Eastern KY victims have a good likelihood of being the work of the same person.
__________________
"Why is she lying?, it makes me wonder. What is she hiding?, it makes me wonder."

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:31 AM.


Frequently Asked Questions

1) How do I contact Unsolved Mysteries with information on segments?

If you any information on cases, you can contact them via:

Website: www.unsolved.com

Contact form on official Unsolved Mysteries site

Please note that their old mailing address and 1-800 phone number no longer work.


2) Where can I watch Unsolved Mysteries?

Unsolved Mysteries is available for streaming on Amazon Instant Video, YouTube and Hulu.


Although the administrators and moderators of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards will attempt to keep all objectionable messages off this forum, it is impossible for us to review all messages. All messages express the views of the author, and neither the owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards, nor vBulletin Solutions Inc. (developers of vBulletin) will be held responsible for the content of any message. The owners of the Sitcoms Online Message Boards reserve the right to remove, edit, move or close any thread for any reason.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.