Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Unsolved Mysteries Online Main Page / Message Board / Show History / Episode Guide (1987-2002) / Expanded Episode Guide #2 / Expanded Episode Guide #3 / Case Updates / Wiki / Official Site / Related Links / True Crime Shows Message Board / All Other Cases Message Board / Buy The Best of Unsolved Mysteries DVD / Buy Unsolved Mysteries - The Ultimate Collection DVD

Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Original Robert Stack Episodes - The Complete First Season on Amazon Instant Video
/
Season 2
/ Season 3 / Season 4 /
Season 5
/ Season 6 / Season 7 /
Season 8
/ Season 9 / Season 10 /
Season 11
/ Season 12 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina Episodes

Watch or Buy Unsolved Mysteries with Dennis Farina - The Complete First Season Episodes on Amazon Instant Video
/ Season 2 / Season 3 / Season 4 / Season 5 / Season 6 / Season 7 / Season 8 / Watch on YouTube

Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: UFOs DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Ghosts DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Miracles DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Bizarre Murders DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Psychics DVD Set
Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends

Buy Unsolved Mysteries: Strange Legends DVD Set

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-11-2017, 02:50 PM   #301
Jenna_Nicole105
Frequent Poster

Just got to the episode with the Cindy Anderson case, one of my all-time favorites. Also it has the exploding church segment, I remember Lifetime used to literally play that segment multiple times a week, or at least it seemed like it.
Jenna_Nicole105 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2017, 03:19 PM   #302
Jediknight1823
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna_Nicole105
Just got to the episode with the Cindy Anderson case, one of my all-time favorites. Also it has the exploding church segment, I remember Lifetime used to literally play that segment multiple times a week, or at least it seemed like it.
And yet, that was only a fraction of the number of times they showed the Cokeville miracle case.
Jediknight1823 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2017, 10:36 PM   #303
pritch2448
Occasional Poster

I'm hooked to this show on amazon prime video. When will I get season 3 and will this show come back to tv with these updates?
pritch2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2017, 01:19 PM   #304
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by pritch2448
I'm hooked to this show on amazon prime video. When will I get season 3 and will this show come back to tv with these updates?
Welcome!

To answer your questions: 1) I'm not sure when Season 3 will come out. I am hopeful sometime in March. We got Season 1 in January and Season 2 in February... 2) I don't think the show will air on TV with the new updates. I'd love to see it, but I'm just going to assume we'll get it on the streaming platform only.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 01:54 PM   #305
Jon
Forum Regular

When is the last time the David Fisher (victim Laura Burbank) aired? It is the first segment I remember watching on NBC, and I have not seen it since. It didn't make into Amazon season 2, the DVD sets, or the Farina version. I wonder if it will air with a season 3 update, or if it just won't be seen again.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 02:55 PM   #306
pritch2448
Occasional Poster

Come join my unsolved mysteries on amazon prime video fan group on Facebook.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1880364868908900/
pritch2448 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 08:57 PM   #307
UMfan30
Frequent Poster

Does anyone have any idea, hint or rumor as to when the rest of the seasons will be released on Prime?? I hope its not one season per month, that would mean it would be almost a year before we got all of them. Considering most people "binge" watch shows on Netflix, Amazon etc i cant see that happening but who knows! Season 1 was Jan, Season 2 was Feb so i hope thats not the way its gonna go! Thoughts??? Opinions?? Rumors??
UMfan30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 11:22 AM   #308
tarheelslim
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMfan30
Does anyone have any idea, hint or rumor as to when the rest of the seasons will be released on Prime?? I hope its not one season per month, that would mean it would be almost a year before we got all of them. Considering most people "binge" watch shows on Netflix, Amazon etc i cant see that happening but who knows! Season 1 was Jan, Season 2 was Feb so i hope thats not the way its gonna go! Thoughts??? Opinions?? Rumors??
They have said they will all come out this year, I doubt it will go much faster than what we've seen. I'm fine with that because I haven't finished the first season yet and I started watching the day it dropped!

I don't know if there was any remastering left (as far as making audio/video HD transfers) but I know they are researching, creating and editing in the updates a season at a time so the wait is at least in part due to that.
tarheelslim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:19 PM   #309
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by UMfan30
This probably won't be much help in the immediate future but John Cosgrove recently gave an interview where he stated that all seasons should be up by the end of 2017.
DarkDante is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:22 PM   #310
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

I wonder if this includes the Stack episodes that ran on Lifetime in the early 2000's, when the series was revived shortly before Stack's death. THAT would also be sweet.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:37 PM   #311
Hot Jock
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
I wonder if this includes the Stack episodes that ran on Lifetime in the early 2000's, when the series was revived shortly before Stack's death. THAT would also be sweet.
I'm 99.9% certain that it will. The two abridged CBS seasons should be included as well. Once we get into those Lifetime episodes is where I think some of the earlier season segments that didn't make the cut can be added in to fill up time.
Hot Jock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 02:44 PM   #312
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by LooksLikeCRicci
One interesting point of discussion that was recently mentioned to me was that occasionally Robert Stack would film material exclusively for the "Lifetime" network, namely updates that would be dropped into pre-existing segments.

I always use this case as an example of such as one of my earliest memories of watching UM would've been seeing the syndication of the Kari Lynn Nixon segment as it existed before the capture of Robert Jones. The segment originally concluded with Stack narrating in a dark hallway talking about UM receiving letters from Flint, Michigan regarding the case. This tag was eventually deleted from the segment and replaced with an update on Jones' arrest, filmed in an entirely different locale. The point being, I wonder if these updates still exist in the Cosgrove-Meurer archives? Of note, I've been advised that the update regarding Jones was not tagged onto the Nixon segment as part of the streaming package. Perhaps the update no longer exists or maybe there are legal issues regarding the material that was filmed exclusively for "Lifetime"?

So I guess the question would be, has anyone noticed any "Lifetime" exclusive footage such as what I've just detailed being integrated into the streams?
Old 02-17-2017, 02:53 PM   #313
DarkDante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon
When is the last time the David Fisher (victim Laura Burbank) aired? It is the first segment I remember watching on NBC, and I have not seen it since. It didn't make into Amazon season 2, the DVD sets, or the Farina version. I wonder if it will air with a season 3 update, or if it just won't be seen again.
The Farina episodes may be our best barometer as far as gauging material that won't be included in the streams. The Farina reboots are comparatively modern works compared to either the NBC broadcasts or "Lifetime" syndications. Therefore they should accurately represent what segments present with modern legal or broadcast issues. Therefore, if a segment wasn't assimilated into the Farina reboots, it's likely a safe bet that it won't be part of the streaming package.

The one exception to the rule would be the Pre-Stack Specials which were assimilated into the Farina reboot but will likely not feature in the original form as part of the streaming package unless Cosgrove-Meurer decides to negotiate with the estates of Raymond Burr and Karl Malden in regards to royalties that would likely need to be paid out before those episodes could be streamed. Again it will be interesting to see what happens when UM adds it's two latter day co-hosts to the mix. I wonder if either host will feature at all?

PS: To answer your question, the Laura Lee Burbank case was part of the original "Lifetime" syndication package which aired throughout the nineties and through the turn of the century until the Farina reboots replaced those syndications.
Old 02-18-2017, 06:12 PM   #314
thinwhiteduke74
Forum Regular

Imagine my surprise when I saw Season Two available this afternoon! Although Season One shows up whenever I load Amazon, it hadn't occurred to me to search for the show -- voila! Up popped Season Two. See you next month!
thinwhiteduke74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2017, 12:57 PM   #315
Jon
Forum Regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkDante

PS: To answer your question, the Laura Lee Burbank case was part of the original "Lifetime" syndication package which aired throughout the nineties and through the turn of the century until the Farina reboots replaced those syndications.
Thank you for your insight. You have to wonder what happens behind the scenes when they decide to pull a particular segment from syndication.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote