Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries > All Other Cases

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5
Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 14, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Walker, Texas Ranger Reboot in the Works; South Park Banned in China
Fri-Yay: Another Netflix Original to End as BoJack Horseman Announces Final Season; TNT Sets Halloween Supernatural Marathon
Daily Show Correspondent Gets Comedy Special; Fox Gets Jenna Dewan for Dance Show
Remembering TV Legend Diahann Carroll; Marvel and Hulu Bring New Series

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/15 - The King of Queens - The Complete Series (Mill Creek)
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 02-10-2016, 03:27 PM   #46
Vahan

Someone says that no one watches the Naked Gun movies anymore because of O.J. Simpson. Well, one could watch them as O.J. getting his comeuppance for what he did to Ron and Nicole. That's how I watch them as.

Last edited by Vahan; 02-10-2016 at 03:52 PM.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:26 PM   #47
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
Someone says that no one watches the Naked Gun movies anymore because of O.J. Simpson. Well, one could watch them as O.J. getting his comeuppance for what he did to Ron and Nicole. That's how I watch them as.
Funny. That's how I viewed his Vegas criminal trial.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 06:38 PM   #48
FrostyShine
Frequent Poster

The Naked Gun movies were great entertainment.

Leslie Nielsen, George Kennedy, and the others were great.

Who knew about that Nordberg (lol)?
FrostyShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 09:17 PM   #49
FrostyShine
Frequent Poster

I wonder though: will it take a position on OJ's guilt? When Shapiro asked OJ whether he was guilty, Cuba Gooding Jr. answered in the most evil and guilty way trying to mask his guilt.

In some scenes - like the car chase scene he appeared innocent to some degree.

OJ always maintained that good guy athlete image even during his Las Vegas trial.
FrostyShine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:51 AM   #50
Mace Dolex

I'm getting used to Travolta's portrayal of Shapiro and from the movie it seems to want to portray Robert Shapiro as a bit selfish only interested in winning the case as he's making the whole trial revolve around "race".
Mace Dolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 01:58 PM   #51
LooksLikeCRicci
Likes to live in a clean house

Send a message via AIM to LooksLikeCRicci Send a message via Yahoo to LooksLikeCRicci

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostyShine
I wonder though: will it take a position on OJ's guilt? When Shapiro asked OJ whether he was guilty, Cuba Gooding Jr. answered in the most evil and guilty way trying to mask his guilt.
Maybe I'm wrong, but I am under the impression that the show's producers/writers/directors all absolutely think O.J. is guilty. Not only do they think O.J. is guilty, but they also think the prosecution made some major errors in the handling of the case. And there was some shoddy police work.

I suspect as this plays out the lone sympathetic character is going to be Robert Kardashian, who will have a crisis of faith as he realizes his friend and idol is a murderer. Just my suspicion, based on what I know of the case and of Kardashian.
LooksLikeCRicci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:12 PM   #52
Vahan

The real Marcia Clark was, in fact, a heavy smoker. Her favorites were Dunhill cigarettes.
Vahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2016, 02:40 PM   #53
Bonniegirl
AKA Hazel Horvath
Forum Celebrity

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vahan
The real Marcia Clark was, in fact, a heavy smoker. Her favorites were Dunhill cigarettes.

I figured she was, the way they are having that actress smoke so heavily in the show!
Bonniegirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2016, 07:38 AM   #54
Arnold_OldSchool
Forum Regular

I geeked out for the machinations the Dream Team executed. I feel dirty.
Arnold_OldSchool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2017, 11:21 PM   #55
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

I hopped into this thread because the Oxygen network is doing a bunch of Simpson coverage in preparation of their miniseries, The Jury Speaks. I never thought anyone other than Simpson committed the double murder. IMO, no matter how many times he proclaimed his innocence, his actions always spoke louder. From his previous well documented abuse of Nicole, to his ridiculous slow speed chase, to the If I did It BS, to his role in the armed robbery that finally sent him to prison.

I was watching one of the documentaries about this case earlier this evening, and they aired some clips of OJ Simpson recounting his version of events from that night. For some reason Simpson started going on and on about Kato Kaelin and how the man just wouldn't give up about the "noise" that he heard outside the residence. Simpson actually seemed to belabor this point, and even seemed a little irritated about it. For some reason I found this amusing. I couldn't help but think that if I were trying to play it cool after committing a violent murder and my houseguest starts a motor mouth routine about movements that I'm trying to cover up, I'd probably be a little irritated too, lol.

By the way...can someone please explain this ridiculous (IMO anyway) theory about Faye Resnick and the evil, shadowy Colombian drug dealers?? Not sure how Faye Resnick's alleged drug issues, whatever they might have been, would lead to the murders of Simpson and Goldman...

ETA: Just found out BTW, that Simpson has indeed been granted parole in the armed robbery case. The article I read had an interesting quote from one of his own victims about how Simpson deserves a second chance. Now I'm just spit balling here, but I'm pretty sure the Brown and Goldman families may see it somewhat differently...God knows I sure as hell do.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...720-story.html
BlueGalexy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:18 AM   #56
MA
Once Upon A Christmas
Forum Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueGalexy
I hopped into this thread because the Oxygen network is doing a bunch of Simpson coverage in preparation of their miniseries, The Jury Speaks. I never thought anyone other than Simpson committed the double murder. IMO, no matter how many times he proclaimed his innocence, his actions always spoke louder. From his previous well documented abuse of Nicole, to his ridiculous slow speed chase, to the If I did It BS, to his role in the armed robbery that finally sent him to prison.

I was watching one of the documentaries about this case earlier this evening, and they aired some clips of OJ Simpson recounting his version of events from that night. For some reason Simpson started going on and on about Kato Kaelin and how the man just wouldn't give up about the "noise" that he heard outside the residence. Simpson actually seemed to belabor this point, and even seemed a little irritated about it. For some reason I found this amusing. I couldn't help but think that if I were trying to play it cool after committing a violent murder and my houseguest starts a motor mouth routine about movements that I'm trying to cover up, I'd probably be a little irritated too, lol.

By the way...can someone please explain this ridiculous (IMO anyway) theory about Faye Resnick and the evil, shadowy Colombian drug dealers?? Not sure how Faye Resnick's alleged drug issues, whatever they might have been, would lead to the murders of Simpson and Goldman...

ETA: Just found out BTW, that Simpson has indeed been granted parole in the armed robbery case. The article I read had an interesting quote from one of his own victims about how Simpson deserves a second chance. Now I'm just spit balling here, but I'm pretty sure the Brown and Goldman families may see it somewhat differently...God knows I sure as hell do.

http://www.latimes.com/nation/la-na-...720-story.html
What coverage are they showing?

And many other guys too.

Netflix, please add Home Improvement

Goodnight, sweet prince. Harry Anderson 1952-2018

Errrrrrruuuuuuuuahhh?? - Tim Allen
MA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 06:38 AM   #57
Babalu

This is one case that should not be in Unsolved Mysteries.

This is the most solved mystery of all time.

I just nailed Mrs. Trumbull
Babalu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 07:26 AM   #58
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu

I couldn't agree more Babalu! Never was much mystery in the Simpson case, IMO. Hard as it is to fathom however, there are a few people out there who believe the man was innocent, my own mother among them, lol! Hell, everyone's entitled to their opinion, and she is my mama...I love and adore her regardless.

To answer your question Mikaela, it was the E! True Hollywood Story.
Old 07-26-2017, 10:39 AM   #59
Kane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Babalu

I agree. The segment would have been okay for other shows, but not for Unsolved Mysteries. It was nothing more than filler, and certainly not good filler. But the late Vincent Bugliosi won the debate in that segment if you ask me.
Kane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2017, 03:25 PM   #60
BlueGalexy
Frequent Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
I agree. The segment would have been okay for other shows, but not for Unsolved Mysteries. It was nothing more than filler, and certainly not good filler. But the late Vincent Bugliosi won the debate in that segment if you ask me.
I had no idea Bugliosi had passed away, Kane. That upsets me as much as when Robert Stack and Dominick Dunne passed away respectively! Actually Bugliosi authored one of my favorite true crime novels titled And the Sea Will Tell. If you're a fan of his, you may want to check it out.