Sitcoms Online - Main Page / Message Boards - Main Page / News Blog / Photo Galleries / DVD Reviews / Buy TV Shows on DVD and Blu-ray

View Today's Active Threads / View New Posts / Mark All Boards Read / Chit Chat Board

Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums  

Go Back   Sitcoms Online Message Boards - Forums > Unsolved Mysteries > All Other Cases

Notices

SitcomsOnline.com News Blog Headlines Twitter Facebook Instagram RSS

Sitcom Stars on Talk Shows; This Week in Sitcoms (Week of October 21, 2019)
SitcomsOnline Digest: Sunnyside Becomes First Casualty of 2019-2020 TV Season; Our Miss Brooks Arrives on DVD
Fri-Yay: Is It Time to Lower Our Expectations for Sitcom Ratings?; Antenna TV's Dennis the Menace Thanksgiving Weekend Marathon
Raven's Home Gets 4th Season on Disney; Nick Orders More All That Episodes
Sunnyside Pulled, Will & Grace Back Early; CBS All Access Comedy Returns for Season 3
Sarah Silverman Returning to HBO with Late Night Series; Craig Ferguson to Host ABC Game Show
ABC Gears Up for Halloween with Specials and Sitcom Episodes; truTV Comedy Returns for Season 5

New on DVD/Blu-ray (August/September/October)

Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season Life with Lucy - The Complete Series

08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Third Season
08/06 - Caroline in the City - The Fourth Season
08/13 - I Love Lucy - Colorized Collection
08/13 - Leave it to Beaver - Seasons One and Two
08/20 - Brooklyn Nine-Nine - Season Six
08/27 - Baskets - The Complete Season Four
08/27 - It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia - The Complete Thirteenth Season
09/03 - Bob's Burgers - The Complete 9th Season
09/03 - Fresh Off the Boat - The Complete Fifth Season
09/03 - The Goldbergs - The Complete Sixth Season
09/03 - Single Parents - The Complete Season One
09/03 - Young Sheldon - The Complete Second Season
09/04 - What We Do in the Shadows - The Complete First Season
09/10 - American Dad! - Volume 14
09/10 - The Jetsons - The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray) (WBShop.com)
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume One
09/11 - My Three Sons - The Fourth Season - Volume Two
09/17 - Friends - The Complete Series (25th Anniversary)
09/17 - Modern Family - The Complete Tenth Season
09/19 - Angel from Hell - The DVD Edition
10/08 - Leave it to Beaver - The Complete Series
10/08 - Life with Lucy - The Complete Series
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 1
10/16 - Our Miss Brooks - Season 1 - Volume 2
More TV DVD Releases / DVD Reviews Archive / SitcomsOnline Digest

Old 03-23-2013, 07:54 AM   #61
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseguy182
This is another one that's stuck with me. Roger John Ellison. Pretty rare one in that he disappeared while attending school. Quite a few theories on this one: Killed by a teacher, the mysterious guys hanging around, and the possibility that he ditched school and hitchhiked and met his demise. Quite a handsome fellow and love the hair.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...son_roger.html

what do you all think of this one? There's some more info elsewhere on the net.
I lurked on Websleuths and there's a huge thread in which a poster claiming to be the teacher who is suspected of harming Roger has posted defending himself. This case is pretty baffling, but I think some of the actions of the teacher may speak for themselves. Allegedly, he invited students over to turn in assignments and Roger himself went often. And then he showed up at Roger's parents' home claiming their son was suicidal sometime after his disappearance- NO other person who knew Roger corroborated these claims and all of his friends and family claimed he was a happy guy, very excited about college since he knew where he was going and excited about skiing. I remember speculation in the WS thread that the teacher had a "free period" at the time Roger disappeared during school hours; I would love to know if that's true.
WishfulDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 12:31 AM   #62
wiseguy182

I had seen the Websleuths thread in the past. I didn't read every word, but read most of it. I have no idea if Pash was involved or not. There was some speculation that Pash was holding drug parties and orgies at his house.

What's most baffling about this case was that he disappeared at school. That's exceedingly rare. There's hundreds of people in there during the morning and just not something that happens often.
wiseguy182 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 09:50 AM   #63
soilentgreen
Forum Regular

Quote:

What's most baffling about this case was that he disappeared at school. That's exceedingly rare. There's hundreds of people in there during the morning and just not something that happens often.
Yeah, I thought that was odd. He throws his books in the locker and tells his friend he'll talk to him later in class, then he goes off - it sounds like he had something to do at that time. It's hard to get at the truth from all the speculation: that he was allegedly seen talking (who saw it?) with two unidentified men, the rumors about the teacher, the dying man who claimed that he was out poaching deer with a friend when they saw a young man tied up to a tree being held at gunpoint. The latter sounds like complete bs, but who knows if there's some element of truth in it.

Unlike a lot of CP cases, you can't get a feel of who Ellison was or what issues, if any, were occurring - he's described as a straight arrow, and his family refused to believe he was suicidal but admitted that he was acting indifferent and preoccupied about a month prior to his disappearance. What was in the assignment that the teacher supposedly gave to police? It would have been a good case for UM to profile.
soilentgreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 09:19 PM   #64
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
I had seen the Websleuths thread in the past. I didn't read every word, but read most of it. I have no idea if Pash was involved or not. There was some speculation that Pash was holding drug parties and orgies at his house.

I can only think of one other case where a student vanished from school grounds, excluding university campuses. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kiplyn_Davis http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/davis_kiplyn.html
Seems she was ganged up on and didn't stand a chance against up to five guys. Police found a hole in their stories, and I would think that they would hopefully have done the same in Roger's case, investigating anyone who was conveniently not there during school hours. As very suspicious as Pash may be, wouldn't it have been noticed and noted that he had a free period in which there was time to potentially harm Roger? I would certainly hope that has been looked into.
Old 03-26-2013, 01:42 AM   #65
wiseguy182

Here's another case where somebody disappeared from school.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/p/peters_dean.html

Grand Rapids is about an hours drive from where I live. This also happened in 1981. Lots of different theories on this one. It's a shame this Bruce Bunch was never investigiated while he was alive. I wonder if there's a chance she could have left voluntarily for California, but ran into trouble.

Last edited by wiseguy182; 03-26-2013 at 02:06 AM.
Old 05-26-2013, 02:54 AM   #66
wiseguy182

I'm sorry, but John Keyton had absolutely no business behind the wheel of a vehicle. The man was illiterate, had only one leg, was mentally incompetent, and had at least one accident and many traffic tickets and had his license revoked. The man should not have been driving, period. I don't think there's any mystery with this one, it's clear he got all 3 of them into an accident.

Sidebar: I'm always intrigued by cases where the car is missing too. I suppose in some cases they may have just been broken down and sold for parts. A car is a huge piece of machinery so it's always weird when they can't be found.
Old 05-26-2013, 09:59 PM   #67
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
I'm sorry, but John Keyton had absolutely no business behind the wheel of a vehicle. The man was illiterate, had only one leg, was mentally incompetent, and had at least one accident and many traffic tickets and had his license revoked. The man should not have been driving, period. I don't think there's any mystery with this one, it's clear he got all 3 of them into an accident.
Agreed 100%. I think the answer is obvious and it's simply the terrain that's hiding the evidence of the accident that more than likely took place.

Any case where people vanish from their own home gets to me. Particularly, the ones were young girls are home alone briefly and then something bad happens. It gives me shivers because of how many times I myself stayed home alone during the day or parts of the evening by myself from preteen years on. Being kidnapped while you happened to be home alone for a brief period is right out of my darkest fears.

That's part of why Evelyn Hartley's case REALLY gets to me (I posted about her on the first page). It wasn't even her house, but it was a safe neighborhood, everything seemed so ideal, and clearly a very violent abduction took place. As for disappearing from one's own home, the Jonelle Mattews case I also posted earlier is extremely disturbing. I used to sit down and watch TV home alone all the time.
Old 05-27-2013, 10:56 AM   #68
unsolved88
Forum Regular

I found this one which would have been perfect for UM. Unfortunately, I e-mailed the detective for more info and he said that Maria and her family were illegal immigrants, which means that this case would be kind of difficult to solve.

http://charleyproject.org/cases/m/martinez_maria.html
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 10:04 PM   #69
WishfulDreamer

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/shinn_mary.html

A woman is showing a house for sale to a man, he calls back wanting another meeting and it's agreed that she will pick him up. She was never seen again. This seems like a clear robbery/sexually motivated crime.

Another one that I recall, but can't remember the name of the missing person, was about a young woman who parked in front of her dance studio classes or something along those lines but vanished before she could get inside.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:02 AM   #70
wiseguy182

Wishful Dreamer, is this the one you are thinking of? She did make it inside the dance studio and taught a class there, but it doesn't appear she ever left
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/suzuki_diane.html

Here's another one I've often remembered. Family moves from east coast to west coast (Massachusetts to California). Most of the family is riding in a van, the teenage son is riding behind them in a motorcycle. They stop every 30 minutes to check on him. He pulls ahead from the family in Wyoming and quickly gets lost.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lovely_david.html

I really don't know what to think here. There's the rough looking man, but he fixed David's motorcycle, so he seems to be more friend than foe. When you couple the fact that he wanted to move on with the fact his motorcycle was found near an airport makes me wonder if he really did disappear voluntarily. I wonder if they checked outgoing flights from there. And then there's the fact that Rock Springs, WY was surprisingly very high crime back in the day, and also had corrupt law enforcement. So who really knows what happened here. FWIW, one of the few things I found elsewhere online was a tarot reading that seems to predict he died accidentally, perhaps he made a wrong turn or something. Very perplexing.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:09 AM   #71
WishfulDreamer

Quote:
Wishful Dreamer, is this the one you are thinking of? She did make it inside the dance studio and taught a class there, but it doesn't appear she ever left
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/s/suzuki_diane.html

Here's another one I've often remembered. Family moves from east coast to west coast (Massachusetts to California). Most of the family is riding in a van, the teenage son is riding behind them in a motorcycle. They stop every 30 minutes to check on him. He pulls ahead from the family in Wyoming and quickly gets lost.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/l/lovely_david.html

I really don't know what to think here. There's the rough looking man, but he fixed David's motorcycle, so he seems to be more friend than foe. When you couple the fact that he wanted to move on with the fact his motorcycle was found near an airport makes me wonder if he really did disappear voluntarily. I wonder if they checked outgoing flights from there. And then there's the fact that Rock Springs, WY was surprisingly very high crime back in the day, and also had corrupt law enforcement. So who really knows what happened here. FWIW, one of the few things I found elsewhere online was a tarot reading that seems to predict he died accidentally, perhaps he made a wrong turn or something. Very perplexing.
That's it! For some reason I didn't remember her actually teaching. I find it really crazy that the perpetrator was able to get a hold of her within 15 minutes and nobody saw or heard a thing. I suppose it's possible that the children's parents all came and picked them up rather quickly and then she was alone. Perhaps she went inside the bathroom to use it and was accosted there, leading to the blood. If the acquaintance really is guilty, then he would have known her schedule and when the class ended, providing him the perfect opportunity to strike. I'm guessing the police have actual information about this person making him a person of interest before he ever failed the polygraph.

As for David Lovely, I don't think the accident theory is too plausible, considering that his motorcycle was found in good condition with him nowhere to be found. I also think that this sounds like the weirdest time for him to run away and set off on his own. Why choose to do it when helping his family move and knowing how worried they already were about him? If he was planning to run off and not be found, why make the call while getting his motorcycle fixed? I just don't buy that it was a ruse on his part. I suppose stranger things have happened, but I lean toward foul play in this case. But I, too, have some doubts about the other man. If the guy wanted to hurt or rob him, why would he fix his motorcycle for him, only to discard it later? I'd like to know more about why David was afraid of him. This case is full of questions and I wish there was more info.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:19 AM   #72
wiseguy182

Good points. I read elsewhere that David Lovely wanted to wait at a rest stop for his family, it's also very possible he met with foul play there.

Here's another one I recall. This is a really old one, back to 1957. Elderly woman who was an attorney that held numerous distinctions and had connections to a U.S. Senator. It is theorized her disappearance was related to financial work she was doing helping out a friend who had Alzheimer's, her relation wanted the money for themselves. Case was cold for nearly 30 years until it started heating up again, but it is still unsolved to this day, all of the players are now dead.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...ford_maud.html
Old 05-28-2013, 11:05 AM   #73
unsolved88
Forum Regular

A mildly mentally disabled woman disappears after her parents drop her off at her apartment after they took her out to eat. The soda she took with her from the restaurant had been consumed and a video that her parent picked up for her on the way home was in the VCR, so she had at least been home for a little while before she vanished.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...son_carla.html

A young woman goes to the DMV to get an ID card. We know she made it there and filled out the necessary paperwork because her ID came in the mail a few days later. But where she went after the DMV is unknown.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/marks_gayle.html
unsolved88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:21 PM   #74
MegtheEgg86

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kane
Few Charley Project cases have piqued my interest as much as the 1988 disappearance of 69-year-old Virginia C. Douglas of Lexington, Massachusetts. I have mentioned the case at this forum before, and submitted it to Unsolved Mysteries to no avail.

Virginia Douglas went missing during the Labor Day weekend in 1988. Her husband, Frank Douglas, claimed that they were on a trip to Maine when she (supposedly) vanished from a restroom there. But evidence suggests that she met with foul play in her house. For that reason, investigators are convinced that Virginia never went to Maine that weekend at all.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/..._virginia.html
This one reminds me of a case I once caught on Forensic Files. A husband claimed his wife disappeared during an "impromptu vacation" to Florida (which she never actually accompanied him on, IIRC). Toll booth camera caught him alone in his vehicle, his receipts from Florida didn't make sense, and a number of witnesses reported his weird behavior while he was supposedly out searching for his wife.

Go Vols!
MegtheEgg86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:36 AM   #75
WishfulDreamer

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...on_carrie.html

A devious scheme to get money. The perpetrators get their money, but never return the victim to their family. The abductor kills himself, the accomplice claims she was told that Carrie ran off into the woods, which is more than likely a total lie. Despicable.

http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/...elizabeth.html
A young woman gets a call from her boyfriend asking her to see him for the weekend. She goes, and his friend claims he saw her hanging from the rafters of a parking garage Her friends had tried to dissuade her from going.